Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu escavator RPM Setting

tdisport4r ยท 2014-09-25 04:30

Hi, Is possible setting more Engine RPM in Pc210-7, Pc210-8 ? Thanks in advance

Replies11
  1. #1jey_c2014-09-26 09:34

    is it a common rail or inline fuel pump?

  2. #2tdisport4r2014-09-26 09:44

    Hi, Thank you for your time Both engines more than one machine to set. Best regards

  3. #3jey_c2014-09-26 12:59

    if you want to increase RPM on the inline fuel pump all you have to do is to shorten the linkage between fuel pump and gov. motor, but I do not know why you have to do this. In fact, RPM at LI and HI should be std values. There are other techniques used also, like changing settings from the monitor but also there is no reason to do this.

  4. #4Deeretracks2014-09-26 13:22

    I don't think that will work either. Won't the computer try to match Target speed and actual speed by moving the ec motor regardless of the linkage?

  5. #5tdisport4r2014-09-26 13:55

    I want to set up it in Monitor. Change the computer setting maybe a hiden menu. Thank you

  6. #6John C.2014-09-26 18:59

    The output of the machine is regulated through the hydraulic pump and electronics and not engine RPM. Turning up the speed might make the machine a little quicker but will also take out the camshaft. If the machine is slow, you need to troubleshoot the electronic and hydraulic systems. I have not seen anyone who could run one of these machines smoothly or profitably when someone has fooled with the pump outputs.

  7. #7tdisport4r2014-09-26 20:16

    The machine don't have no problems I just want to set different RPM, camshaft don't have no problems run at 2500/3500 RPM.

  8. #8Deeretracks2014-09-26 20:21

    3500RPM high idle? No thank you!

  9. #9tdisport4r2014-09-26 20:28

    I'm not saying that I want to run at 3500 RPM ! I said that engine don't have any problems run at 3500 RPM, at that rotation results on faulty Pump transmission gear in short period. Setting diferent rpm don't if you know what you are doing and why you are doing it don't damage. ..

  10. #10John C.2014-09-27 02:06

    Good luck with that.

  11. #11martin f2015-04-27 16:21

    Can someone tell me how to fix stuck travel speed on komatsu pc150-5. Can't seem to fix the stuck travel speed on my komaysu. Any advice would be appreciated.