Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu excavator getting hot

swb6 ยท 2013-05-31 19:49

I work with a 150-5 Komatsu excavator. Had to replace the water pump and now I'm having issues with it getting hot. Have no flow through heater core and pulled bottom heater hose off radiator and have no flow. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm at my wits end.

Replies9
  1. #1Mike L2013-05-31 20:01

    is waterpump turning? did it bind up on something when you put it in? if you have no flow then something is either plugged or waterpump is not turning

  2. #2swb62013-05-31 20:14

    yes, water pump is turning. Could it be that it is a right handed pump and I need a left handed pump?

  3. #3Mike L2013-05-31 20:21

    ive never heard of right handed or left handed waterpumps. why did the last waterpump fail?

  4. #4swb62013-05-31 20:55

    bearings went out

  5. #5HATCHEQUIP2013-05-31 22:06

    didn't by chance leave any plastic plugs or rags shoved in anything or if system was left undone waiting on parts did the critters build a nest in anything and did the unit run hot when the water pump went out the thermostat might have stuck

  6. #6AIC Ada2013-06-08 04:28

    maybe you can change another water pump.

  7. #7joispoi2013-06-16 03:10

    A little late to reply, but is the water pump air locked? Did you figure out the problem?

  8. #8arnette7882013-06-20 21:57

    check other side of heater core the blockage should be there, stopped up heater core.

  9. #9powerjoke2013-06-22 01:39

    Plastic water pump impeller ? Pj