Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu FG15C14 Clutch and Fuel Pump

Blcgilley ยท 2020-04-06 20:39

Hey guys, this is my first post so thanks in advance Model: FG15C14 Serial: 126309A I'm looking at buying this forklift for $500 to use around my house and wanted to know if y'all thought it was worth it. I went today to start it and looks like the fuel pump is out along with the clutch. I got it running on fluid long enough to check the hydraulics which work fine. Could y'all tell me if this is a decent price and the part numbers I would need to replace the clutch and fuel pump? I had also thought about possibly using an inline fuel pump from Autozone. Would this work? Thanks! Colby

Replies1
  1. #1tractormech2020-04-06 21:58

    Just my opinion.and experience so take it for what it's worth. The couple of times I worked on komatsu lifts the parts were I thought insanely expensive. 400 bucks for a boom cylinder packing and things like that. And the Komatsu equipment dealers for heavy equipment don't deal in the forklift parts so i had to go to a fork truck dealer-then they started with the crazy pricing.You might be better off with a Hyster or an older Clark. I understand this is an around the house machine but you can probably buy a working unit for what you will spend getting this one going. Good luck!