Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu final drive noise

Wes Jackson ยท 2019-08-16 06:41

I have a Komatsu PC128US 7 that has a whirring sound from 1 of the final drives, not a squeal and not a grinding sound, working as it should just has the whirring sound

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2019-08-16 10:46

    Did you check the oil level in the final drive?

  2. #2Wes Jackson2019-08-16 13:28

    Yes sir I did and it was full.

  3. #3John C.2019-08-16 19:12

    Did you spin it up before you checked oil. I alway pick the track off the ground, put the travel in high and then spin the track. Then I check the oil. Looked at a machine this week. Oil looked like anti seize after after putting the mixer in puree. The final made no noise and no vibration. The potential buyer stopped the inspection on the spot. He called the seller who wasn't surprised by what we found.

  4. #4Wes Jackson2019-08-17 06:08

    I did not do that but I will today, Thanks