Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC200LC-8 swing bearing seal.

southernman13 · 2019-08-15 20:10

Blew a final drive hose today and had to get into the swivel couple area. Noticed the inner swing bearing seal had come out. That’s what I’m calling it. Never seen one before any way it’s totally not in place. There’s not much grease at all coming out. I’m hoping it hasn’t caused an issue. I’m sure it would have to be cleaned really well. Or maybe replaced before it can be put back in place. Can it be put back in place. Or how to we go about fixing this. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1tool_king2019-08-15 20:39

    If is the swing bearing seal like on Hitachi machines it can be glues in with super glue .But the surface will need to be cleaned real good so glue will stick. I think I have a book on . John C might have some good insight on this one.

  2. #2southernman132019-08-15 20:45

    Tenfo thanks. I figured it’d need to be really clean

  3. #3uffex2019-08-16 02:09

    Good day This is not uncommon often a result of over greasing of the bearing, I suggest when you reinstate the seal use a teflon tool like for cake mix, a screwdriver may scratch the surface and make the problem worse. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4southernman132019-08-16 05:27

    Sounds great. Makes me feel much better about it. Thank you!!

  5. #5John C.2019-08-16 10:51

    I don't think I've ever seen an inner seal much less one blown out. Is it a rubber seal? At any rate uffex is correct on over greasing the bearing. It only needs to be greased at engine oil changes. Only two or three pumps in each fitting and then swing the house a couple of revolutions in each direction. Then a couple more pumps and swing again.