Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Forklift Identification

Mcthomas ยท 2022-04-24 05:10

Hey Guys.. My First Forklift, so, trying to get some information to get started taking care of this thing.. I have an Old, New To Me Komatsu Model #FG25ST-4 Serial Number:174253A Trying to find some PDF Manuals (owners/operational/shop/parts manuals). I have a 60 page and 166 page "Owners Manual" , but, neither are searchable, and both are Operators, and, not any type of Shop Manuals.. I really need to get familiar with this thing, if I can find some Shop or Maintenance Manuals. What year is it? Must be part of the Serial Number? Does anyone have a list of what the numbers in the serial number mean? I found something that said, "Starting or ending with an "A" means, between 1980 and 2010. Ha.. Not close enough though.. Ha... I found found the Model/Serial Number Tag, and some Model Number info already: My Model #FG25ST-4 Serial Number:174253A FG = Not sure (Must be: Forklift and Gas/Propane)?? 25 = Equivalent to 5,000lb lift capacity (Tag says: 4480 Lift and 8660 Truck Weight) S = Cushion Tires (These are Flat Hard Warehouse "Slick" Tires on the Forklift.. Same as Cushion???) T = Torqflow Power Shift Transmission with Torque Converter (Not sure, but, looks like a Bell Housing for a Torque Converter. I did find some numbers on the top of the Transmission if this helps: NUMBER: 3EB-15-18511 I really didn't find anything when I searched but, lots of oil filters with near close part numbers. I does appear that it uses Dextron III Transmission Fluid.. Can anyone confirm for sure? --- It appears the Hydraulic Lift System uses ISO #32 Hydraulic Fluid. Brake System uses DOT3.. ENGINE: It is a NISSAN, and I found these numbers on the Side of the Block Below the Spark Plugs (Center of the Block) Two Separate Flat Spots H20 and S73317J, or possibly "H20-S73317J" When I search, it seems the H20 is a pretty standard motor they used, and maybe the S73317J is the Serial Number? Should I be worried about breaking down the serial number to get year info, etc, if I have to buy parts for it?? Does anyone have that info? Anyone who can offer anything would be greatly appreciated

Replies0

No replies yet.