Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex TX 5519 tilt safety valve.

Desertwheeler · 2022-05-09 22:15

My 5519 telehandler has a leaking safety valve. I don’t know much about them so I took it apart and broke the nipple off the top so two questions here. Why would oil be coming out the top of the valve and can you buy just the part I broke off? I can’t find it in the parts book. You have to buy the whole valve at $800+. I’m thinking about having a buddy try to weld it back on as it’s not under pressure it’s just a relief port.

Replies3
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-05-11 20:18

    The valves are made by sun hydraulics. You can source them anywhere. The part # and specs are printed on the valve. Just have to remove the paint carefully.

  2. #2Desertwheeler2022-05-11 20:42

    Thanks! I’ll have to see what I can find on it.

  3. #3Desertwheeler2022-05-11 22:01

    what would make it leak out the top? Do you think I could get away with just replacing the cartridge or should I just do the whole thing?