Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Grease line fittings

mountainfair ยท 2018-10-27 16:59

I am looking to replace hard flared grease tube lines and the fittings on a Komatsu PC400-5. Im having trouble figuring out: - what type of automotive brake line to use that would be the same size as original - where to get the komatsu threaded fittings that go on each end of the hard lines What I have been able to work out: - www.aga-parts.com and tractorzone.com have been able to provide komatsu threaded zerks at a much more reasonable price than the dealer. - Komatsu fittings, including zerks and compression fittings are uniquely threaded: Any help or sharing info would be appreciated. Anyone replaced grease lines on a komatsu?

Replies2
  1. #1Ct Farmer2018-10-27 21:00

    I have not replaced grease lines on a Komatsu but on others I have used Parker HLB02 which is a 1/8" line. Parker found that 1/8" saves a lot of grease wasted just filling the line. For steel lines I have used 1/8 or 3/16 tube with compression or welded on adapters to accept NPT zerks. I have had really good luck with many types of fittings from hoseandfittingsdotcom. I know they have a lot of Komatsu fittings. Perhaps give them a call.

  2. #2John C.2018-10-28 10:27

    The size for the zerks themselves are eighth inch British Standard Pipe. An eighth inch US standard pipe will screw into an eight inch British Standard pipe threaded hole. Just change all the fittings to US type and you can use standard brake tubing for the remote lines. You will have to double flair the tubing for any fitting in order to contain the possible pressure that can be generated when using a grease gun. You can only do this for the grease fittings though. The hydraulic stuff is Komatsu only.