Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 888 suddenly lost power

davecampbell · 2018-10-27 13:10

It happened in the middle of a job. Im sitting in the middle of my driveway. I'm glad its my driveway. Rotate still works normally. Everything else just creeps. I feel like I have a relief valve stuck or something.

Replies20
  1. #1davecampbell2018-10-27 15:41

    My manual and parts book apparently does not match my machine. I see RR on the side of my pump so I'm assuming Rex Roth. It looks nothing like the pump in my book. Im trying to remove what I think is the load sense valve. 4 allen bolts hold it to the bottom of the pump. but when I take then out the valve loosens, but does not come down.

  2. #2davecampbell2018-10-27 23:24

    P ulled this out of the bottom of my pump! anyone recognize it?

  3. #3uffex2018-10-28 04:42

    Good day Dave it makes sense that you have an issue with that pump have you checked the LS pressure ? Do you have any reference to the pumps model ? If you have a hydraulic Schematic and pos it to bucketsense@gmail we will try to help some more. kind regards Uffex

  4. #4davecampbell2018-10-28 10:03

    Thanks for the help. I received a complete repair manual with the machine, but it does not seem to match what I have. It says 888 case but pump and plumbing Im looking at do not match the book. So I'm flying blind.

  5. #5TVA2018-10-28 10:56

    The picture is bad but it kinda looks like broken servo piston control fork. Does you pump look like this? http://global.kawasaki.com/en/industrial_equipment/hydraulic/pumps/k3v.

  6. #6uffex2018-10-28 12:02

    This picts is from a 1088 does it match? KR Uffex

  7. #7TVA2018-10-28 13:40

    Rexroth has totally different regulator design and lay out! The one on the picture either Kawasaki or HPV, althoug I’ve never seen regulator off of KYB pump which I’ve seen on some Sumotimo/Case excavator.

  8. #8davecampbell2018-10-29 23:00

    No it has one large pump with a smaller one piggy back and then what I'm assuming is pilot pressure at the tail. I'm thinking the piggy back pump is the one for rotate, since that still worked correctly. I pulled the main pump and replaced it. Machine operates better than I have ever felt it. I think the swash plate must have been jammed when I got it. I just assumed it was the way an old machine felt. Well its a smooth operating machine now! If that was the servo piston control fork that would make sense to me. I'm thinking swash plate went to flat when that broke and we came to a stop.

  9. #9TVA2018-10-30 01:32

    Where did you get the replacement pump? Didn’t they tell you brand, model and size?

  10. #10cristiang2018-10-30 11:55

    good morning to all, I have managed to solve the problem of the swing bench, but now another problem arose, before the main pump of the implements rose around 2400 in low and in high rises around 4000 and using the implement more than 4000 psi, I could move the machine a lot but after a while, I started to hear an excessive noise in the hydraulic system and a hose that connects the bank of the swing with the implement bank tensed a lot and stopped the machine, then turned the machine on again and now it only gives me 300 psi at most the pump and if I put it on high it gives me 1000, could it be the pump? or some valve that has broken down ?? thank you very much to all, my machine its like the one of the photo

  11. #11cristiang2018-10-30 11:57

    but its an 1088 long t.

  12. #12uffex2018-10-30 12:30

    Good day suggest you search the threads for 10888 owners and ask for an hydraulic schematic we can then work along the system with some knowledge, the rest is just a guess. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13davecampbell2018-10-30 20:27

    it was included when I bought the trackhoe. It has a tag on it. I took a picture, but its illegible. I can take a pic of the one I took out.

  14. #14Coy Lancaster2018-11-10 17:18

    Hey Dave does your hyd. pump have two filters attached to it? If so then you have a Lindie pump.

  15. #15davecampbell2018-11-10 18:05

    No, mine doesnt have any filters attached. But the drawing in my maint manual showed it like that. Did they come with 2 types, or has mine been swapped?

  16. #16Coy Lancaster2018-11-10 22:35

    Yes they did, the early ones had the lindie and the later ones had the usheta rex roth. The photo you posted of the regulator looks like the fork broke that controls the swash plate. I would suggest that you have pump rebuilt because there is a reason the fork broke.

  17. #17davecampbell2018-11-11 16:26

    I replaced it with a rebuilt one. I still have the old one if anyone needs a core. Coy you seem real knowledgeable on these and looks like you are closeby. Can I get your phone number in case I need to hire you to work on it?

  18. #18Coy Lancaster2018-11-11 17:39

    I'll try and keep that in mind

  19. #19CSkin2022-02-23 19:50

    Still having problems?

  20. #20davecampbell2022-02-23 21:41

    Traded off the case and now I have a komatsu pc210