Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu ha270 no reverse

dannyjmickey · 2025-06-21 22:33

I picked up a komatsu ha270 for a project I’m doing. The guy told me the transmission has a mind of its own sometimes it will go into reverse all day other times it won’t go into reverse at all. I thought it was just an electrical issue. It has a ZF 6wg200 older style with 4 solenoids. I have tested the solenoids and ohms them out. They all seem to be OK. I have also eliminated the wiring harness and I have been applying 24V with ground right to the solenoids. m1,m2,m3,m4 all need 24v for 1st gear reverse. Every once in a while, I can get it to click in and back it up across the parking lot other times it won’t move at all. All forward gears seem to be working one through six. When I apply power to solenoids for reverse second gear I can see the tires move a little bit, but that’s all. Tomorrow I was gonna check pressures any other thoughts? Thanks Danny

Replies0

No replies yet.