I have an old client that called me yesterday about this alarm. The machine is a PC1250 running the Komatsu SAA6D170 engine. Says the machine can only work about four hours and then the alarm goes off and derates the engine. They say it won't work again until it is cool the next morning. They ordered a book but don't would like some hints at what to look for in the mean time. Thanks in advance for any info.
How many hours on the monitor?
It's a 2007 machine I'm told that the client bought it used from Hawaii. So far they haven't provided much information, I'm sure is has a lot. When I asked them which engine it had they told me a Cummins. When I asked for a machine or engine serial number they sent me a photo of the engine tag showing it to be a SAA6D170 Komatsu engine. I don't recall Komatsu using fuel coolers so was just looking for general information. Thanks