Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu & Mitsbishi small dozers???

John White ยท 2016-08-12 07:53

What happened to the small dozers like the Komatsu and Mitsubishi. (21 series and bd2) When I bought mine about 9 years abo there were 40 or 50 on E-bay, plus other dealers trying to sell them. I really haven't kept up on the discussion about them. A fellow came in the other day and offered me a price on mine that I could believe. I said, let me think about it. I would like to get a newer model Komatsu with the Joy stick operating controls. I got to looking on E-bay and seen only one small dozer for sale. What happened? Did the Govt. put a restriction on importing them? Or Japan doesn't have any more? I am sure it has been discussed on here some place, but just missed it. Any one got a hot lead on one?

Replies2
  1. #1moriboy2016-08-12 09:48

    Here in Oregon they are easy to come across. There's always a few on Craigslist and we also have a used equipment dealer near us that still brings them in from Japan. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2John C.2016-08-12 18:34

    The monetary exchange ratio changed and it is not often cost effective to import them into the United States any more. They were never built for the US market in the first place.