I'm i the only one here who runs komatsu excavators?
I wouldn't ever dream of owning one because the dealer here is SMS equipment, a 5 year old could run a better dealership then them. Anytime I go for Takeuchi parts it's at least 50% chance I get the wrong parts, the other 50% of the time they don't have basic maintenance items in stock like filters. It's the only place I go for parts where I have to explain to them exactly what filters I need for the service and hold their hand. If I go to Volvo or Deere dealership, I tell them the model and the hour service and they know exactly what it needs instantly. Their parts guys know their stuff incredibly well, SMS it's like every single time it's the guys first day. They've had the dealership for like 3 years now and things haven't improved one bit. The mind boggling thing is they rent out the newer version of my machine, how do you not have the basic things like a air filter in stock?
I've worked for Komatsu shops, but that was a while ago. They make some great medium sized wide track dozers.
It’s a great product. Especially the excavator line. I was a Komatsu dealer field tech. Just depends upon the dealer support, which can be spotty in North America. IMO, the dealers place their focus on the big mines. I guess that can be said about Cat, too. At least, I can get Cat parts ASAP. Komatsu, not so much.
Working on gray market Kommies paid off most of the mortgage on my house.
Ahhh... well @suladas I get where you're coming from and it's understandable but where I'm from we don't have dealers. We just find a way to order our parts internationally. 85% of excavators on my island is komatsu. I know @John C. Has been involved with komatsu because he has always been the one responding to me over the years since I joined this forum
Komatsu is an awesome line of loaders and excavators but our dealer here wont take good care of you unless your a certain size of buissness so the only way I will buy one is on good used deal
A good friend of mine has 2 500 loaders that he runs in gravel pit. 1999 and a 2007. The older one has 32,000hrs on it. still a great working loader. They have been very reliable and strong machines.
around here the dealer is Modern Machinery, and they seem to do a good enough job. I see plenty of them on jobsites.
I laughed out loud on that one John.