Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC-130K5 Losses Power After Cold Start

whfh99 ยท 2012-12-01 10:15

I just went to do a little more digging before the ground totally freezes up and my Komatsu PC-130K5 started fine but after about 5 minutes started to loose power. My guess it is was starving for fuel. It's been below freezing the past couple of days here in New Hampshire and I am guessing the temp caused a problem with the fuel? I have a new fuel filter and will change that out when it warms up in the next few days. Question: Do I just spin off the old filter and put the new one on? Do I have to pour fuel in the new filter or will it purge on start up? What diesel additives should I try to help with cold weather use? This machine was sitting for a good year before I started using it about three months ago. I have added about 20 gallons of fuel to it so it should be relatively fresh. Thanks. Link

Replies0

No replies yet.