Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304C CR. think I might buy this…. what are your opinions? (Link inside)

Permafrost-ed ยท 2012-12-01 12:06

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classif...CR-Mini-Excavator--Hydraulic-Breaker_18626480 I like the fact its been looked after and comes with 3 buckets and a breaker. The Bobcat 50 ive been running has had 1700hrs and has been beat, mistreated and poorly serviced its entire life so Im thinking a Cat thats well looked after should be fine at 2600hrs. Ill be going through it very closely. So? what does everyone think? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Lee-online2012-12-01 12:40

    Looking at the pictures, it is clean and not all beat up. That usually translates to a well maintained machine.

  2. #2SchuLace2012-12-01 19:21

    It looks to be in good shape. Get the SN and make sure it isn't a grey market machine. If it is, parts could be tough to get.

  3. #3Permafrost-ed2012-12-01 20:01

    Cheers lads. Cat minis have some haters on this board..... Some people have different tastes I suppose. Ive always had Hitachi's and have never owned a Cat. Ive always enjoyed running bigger Cat excavators but never pulled a wrench on one. I hope the Cat 304 isnt full of the "cheapness" the Bobcat suffers from. A lot of stuff (Bobcat), especially in the cab looks like it was designed to save the company money and quality was much lower on the priority list.