Happy New Year everyone, I have a Komatsu Pc 150 Lc-6k excavator. The problem I am having is the swing brake comes on suddenly at times and it won’t swing. I have the codes from the monitor and they are as follows: 101,102, E201,E233,104,206,316,213, 317. Which one would be the code or codes related to the swing system? The only 2 that have an E in front of them are the 201 and 233 why is that? Where should I start? Thanks
Where are you John C?
Here is the code sheet I put together. 213 is the code for the swing brake disconnection.
Does that mean the fuse is blown or a wire is broken?
It means the circuit is broken. You should clear all the codes before going any further.
Ok thanks
Thank you John C. as I needed those codes occasionally also. Much appreciated here in West Central Alberta . Simon
You are welcome. If anyone asks and I have it or can source it, I’ll post it.
Well I have bad news to report. The ring gear that turns the house has major damage and I probably would think that the gear on the swing motor needs to be replaced ,also I looked through the inspection cover saw chunks of metal and felt jagged teeth in certain places not sure if the machine is worth fixing. Anybody know any reputable places in I can buy quality parts to fix this machine? I know I can buy them from Komatsu but it is probably cost prohibitive. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the process is? I know it is major. (Labor) Thanks
Sounds like your rote bearing is worn out and that has caused the gears from th motor and the house not to mesh maybe. If you extend the stick out and push down on the ground does the house move up and down a bit but the car body does not?
You should call the dealer just for due diligence to start with. The hardest part of changing the slewing bearing is figuring out how you want to lift the house.
No it is tight, the gear is stripped with broken teeth
I will need to find a local reputable independent shop to give me an estimate. The machine has 7200 hours, looks and operates very well except for this obvious problem. I will look into it but I am afraid it is probably going to be a parts machine for someone else or go to an exporter. Our local Komatsu dealer thinks they walk on water.
With only 7200 hrs it is probably worth doing. Just need a good ring gear, Pinion Gear and a lot of 8X8's For blocking. I have watched 2 jobs done on 200's and its quite a lot of work but not impossible with a young fella for muscle and a bit of organizing. Start shopping for new condition used parts. Need 2 quality 20 Ton air jacks for lifting. Simon
Thanks, but at 58 years old and working on everything that has a motor since I was 12 I just don’t know if I have it in me! My brain says yes, my body and wife say no!
I am 56 and understand. Hire a 20 year old for 20 dollars an hr or so and youll be doing exactly as the dealerships do with young fellas and charge them out at 90 to 140 Dollars per hr. That is how you can afford to do it yourself. And no parts markup from a machine that was scrapped somewhere. Thats what I would do. Simon