Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC-150 Bucket Tooth ID

localfiend ยท 2014-09-03 14:49

Hi everybody. The company I work for recently purchased an excavator for some general farm tasks, as well as some digging and rock moving. It' a Komatsu PC-150, don't know the generation, but I think it's from the early 90's. If anyone knows how to nail down the model any further that'd be awesome, as I want to get the correct service manual for it. The bucket is pretty worn out, but for our situation it makes more economic sense to repair rather than replace. It's going to be getting more side cutter material, and that upper tooth welded back on. Right now I'm trying to figure out what teeth were on it so I can get some replacements ordered. Pin hole seems to be 5/8", and width at the tip of the shank is around 2.25". Anyone have any clue what I need to order? I'm well aware the shanks are very worn, but I think it will be faster for me to add material to them, rather than cut off and start over with the tools I have on hand. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-09-03 19:48

    Looks like a standard Cat J300 style shank The tooth would be a 1U3302 You also need a 9j2308 pin and 8e6259 retainer per tooth. I would seriously think about replacing the shanks. Those are garbage due to the wear you'll have a tough time keeping new teeth on.

  2. #2John C.2014-09-04 22:18

    The chicken leg control handles tell me that is a gray market Dash 5 machine. I think those could come with either pilot controls or manual. As for the bucket teeth I think Deeretracks is giving good advise. Just call any of the local dealers and let them quote you what will work. Good Luck!

  3. #3localfiend2014-09-07 17:44

    Thanks for the help Guys! You may be right about the shanks, but It's not going to be easy to remove them. I think I might buy a new shank, and a set of teeth. If I can't add metal easily to match the profile of the new one I'll replace them all. Thanks for the tip on the model as well. I thought it was a dash 5 machine, but there are no serial numbers on the thing anywhere. I'll get a manual ordered and see if it matches, I hear grey market machines can be a bit different.