Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC 3000 burried

9420pullpan ยท 2006-02-26 19:53
Replies23
  1. #1ADMSWELDING2006-02-26 19:59

    Looks like someone had too call for a crane there.

  2. #2Ford LT-90002006-02-26 21:25

    What in the heck are they using a machine that size that machine belongs in a mine where the ground is hard as a rock.

  3. #3rino14942006-02-26 22:07

    Damn, they are gonna need a couple of 11's to pull that one out :bash

  4. #4xkvator2006-02-27 12:33

    ...somebody's gettin' their *** chewed out...or fired...

  5. #5JimBruce422006-02-27 12:43

    From what I've heard on other sites. It was on a barg for transport and either slipped off during transport or off loading. They had to bring in a barg crane to get it out. Still a shame, the bucket didn't even lose any paint yet. -Jim

  6. #6Dozerboy2006-02-27 18:45

    OOPS:bouncegri

  7. #79420pullpan2006-02-27 20:27

    what other websites did you see this on????

  8. #8JimBruce422006-02-27 21:14

    In DHS's forum, and I want to say somewhere else, too, but I can't remember.... :Cowboy

  9. #9RonG2006-02-28 05:05

    This article covers it pretty well,hope I don't get in trouble for posting it here.Ron G http://acmoc.phpwebhosting.com/viewtopic.php?t=5848

  10. #10Squizzy246B2006-02-28 07:14

    It looks like they had maybe five dozers on it, you can see 4 in the last shot.

  11. #11Dozerboy2006-03-01 00:44

    Did you see the next page? They lifted up with a crane on a barge.

  12. #12Wulf2006-03-01 06:14

    Looks like they tried one D11, D10, D375A and maybe a D9... hard to tell

  13. #13rino14942006-03-01 07:03

    Yeah, not sure on what sizes, but it looks to me like they used the dozers as a anchor so the excavator won't slide back into the water. I could be wrong though.

  14. #14mrexfix2010-02-03 06:22

    this happens all the time when you pay peanuts u get monkeys

  15. #15Digga Dave2010-02-05 02:05

    I can't get RonG 's link to work. It looks a lot like a similar incident that I witnessed in Borneo Indonesia but as I am unable to read the link i'd only be guessing.

  16. #16RonG2010-02-05 04:13

    There have been a lot of changes at ACMOC since that was posted,new BB,new ISP and the whole shooting match. If you log on to the new board and search the archives it might show up.Ron G

  17. #17wnydirtguy2010-02-07 09:12

    I saw it on youtube. there is a guy who puts together video of machines that get struck or totaled. wish he had stories to go with them. YouTube - Quarry's Crash IV

  18. #18wnydirtguy2010-02-07 09:34

    googled the name on the machine and found this. looks like a company that be nice to work for. http://www.leightoncontractors.com.au/about_leighton/about_leighton.html

  19. #19esobofh2010-02-12 15:03

    Ugh... Not a good shot at the end of that video...

  20. #20alco2010-02-12 15:37

    I can't believe how long the video has stayed up this time. Everytime someone posts it, it's taken down because of the last few seconds.

  21. #21esobofh2010-02-12 16:48

    ugh.. to top it off i just saw the footage of the luger killed at the olympics this morning.. 150km/h into a steel beam... do not watch this if you are weak stomached.

  22. #22golfy2010-03-04 19:30

    hey guys... there are more pics of it here in this clip.. ointhead counterweight comes off and all!!!! YouTube - Quarry's Crash IV

  23. #23golfy2010-03-04 19:35

    opps... it seems someone beat me :Banghead ops... cant you delete/edit your own posts on here???