Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC 40-8 1997

timbersalvage ยท 2021-02-15 19:53

Hello I need to gain access to the saftey relay in the backright hand side of the toolbox under the seat. Has anyone else ever had to do this I cant figure out for the life of me how to get access to that seemingly secrer compartment??

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2021-02-15 22:04

    I don't remember them being there but anytime I had to get back in there I unbolted the seat and took it out of the cab through the front window. Most things are wide open then.

  2. #2timbersalvage2021-02-15 22:16

    yeah the seat I took it out and I can get a little closer to that back corner im thinking that all the buzzer ,relay and a few other gizmos are mounted on a plate that installs from the back of the toolbox but I cant see any bolts that I can undo it with service manual has no detail about it at all in over 600 pages

  3. #3John C.2021-02-16 00:13

    Does your machine have a tilting cab?

  4. #4timbersalvage2021-02-16 17:04

    no I dont think so. I was able to get it out for inspection. Mice got into it. looks like one wire in the harness thats hot when the key is in on position got hot enough to burn the insulation , the tape and the loom tubing for a good length of the run. got to find out why. The starter is not getting enegized by the ignition switch and the insturment panel no longer works. I can start and run if I jump the solinoid so im thinking the relay could have stb

  5. #5John C.2021-02-16 21:48

    I've got a PDF copy for a Dash 7 machine. PM me your email and I can email it if you like. I have the service manual as well but I would have to use a file transfer like dropbox if you want that copy.