Hello I have a bent push rod from our 950 H cat loader. I would be looking for any advice and installation tips . So far it’s been pretty strait forward.... I cleaned the top of the engine off really good and removed what I needed to safely remove the valve cover . I was not expecting a bent pushrod I was in fact going for the injectors. A couple cold starts I’m thinking happened and the last cold start with either starting fluid . I do have a experienced mechanic coming to help with the valve clearance setting however I do not have a manual . Thinking someone might help me out ! Anyways here’s a couple pictures.
Symptoms were this. Excessive blowby , heavy Diesel fume drip out the tube and when the motor reached im guessing excessive pressure it would puke the oil diesel mix out of the blow tube only under higher rpm .
What did the pushrod Rub on to wear a hole through it? Is that a intake or exhaust pushrod?
See picture
The camshaft movement was likely pushing it up and down wearing it against the side of the block just below the head
Is that a C7?
Yes C7
Yes C7
Should be a pretty straightforward repair. I would inspect the cam follower and find out for sure what that pushrod rubbed on to make sure no other damage exists. Put the new pushrod, admits the valves ( may as well do them all) and see how she runs.
That’s what I was thinking too . I ordered 2 new pushrods they were 40$ a piece so not too bad . That seems like the only damage . Thanks Mike