Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Pc 60-6-How change o-ring on planetary track drives

big builder ยท 2020-06-26 19:15

Hello All, We are working through some problems with our Komatsu and while I am working on it I would like to fix some slow leaks coming out of the track drives. I believe its the oil rings on the outside plates. I have ordered the o-rings and have them now but I cannot see how the cover comes off? Can any tell me how to remove and install the new o-ring. I also have to replace one plug that has been stripped . All help is really appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2020-06-26 20:24

    As I recall it has a snap ring in the groove around the plate. You have to clean out the groove, push in the plate until you have enough clearance to remove the ring.

  2. #2big builder2020-06-27 06:19

    Ok. Thank you for the reply. I blew out the groove yesterday but it just it just didnt look like enough clearance around the outside for a snap ring. I will take a closer look today.