I was tracking up a slight incline it was tracking a little slower than normal, and all of a sudden the machine quit operating. The battery light was on and the #2 fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and started the machine but as soon as I put the safety lever down it blows again. I then traced the wire and cut each one at a time. When I cut the one going down thru the floor into the split loom it would no longer blow the fuse. Also this wire is grounded out for sure. Any suggestions would be helpful.
You didn't even list the wire color? A picture would go a long ways, too.
So how many wires did you cut before the fuse quit burning out?
Helpful tips for next time...instead of fuse, install a lightbulb. I usually grab a 3157 and bend the tails out. The bulb us current limiting, and will stop glowing when the short is removed.
I will get a picture tomorrow, the wires are all white with red circles or dashes. I cut three wires all white with the red. I believe it was the two that went to the gauges and the third went into the harness penetrating the floor. That was the one that stopped the fuse from blowing.
So I disconnected the V1 solenoid the ppc lock. And it ohms at 2.9 the others were much higher and with this one disconnected it quit blowing the fuse. Can I replace just the one solenoid or do I have to replace all 4? Thanks!
Yes, you can change just one. Never had a komatsu smaller than a pc120, but, many times, you can buy just the solenoid coil. And, yes, 2.9 ohm sounds like a failure. What resistance was indicated on the others?
One was 42 and the other was overload. It showed a closed circuit when it tested it so it’s sending voltage to ground. Do hey just unscrew? Thanks for the help. Love the light bulb trick!
It was the ppc solenoid