Looking for some help with aux hydraulic thumb problem on our 2007 KX121-3 Mini. When you activate the auxiliary thumb it works if you lightly work the rocker switch on the control to the left or right. If you press too hard left or right it will kick the aux hydraulics. It also sets a code 22 for left or 24 for right solenoid shorted. Once that happens you have to shut the machine down, start it back up to reset the code. So far this is what I've done to check it: I've checked resistance at the coils on both valves, 6 ohms (factory spec is 6 to 15 ohms) at both coils before and after running the thumb. I've replaced the rocker switch on the control handle. I've pulled all the connectors looking for corrosion - none found. I pulled the valves out of the hydraulic block and visually looked for cracks or debris. Has anyone else seen this issue? Any pointers would be great. The machine is usable the way it is, but very annoying using the thumb that way.
I'm having the same problem. I have a bad control panel. The aux hyd. switch wasn't working water rusted the micro switch. I replaced it (removed the light sw and soldered it in place) now I get a 22 code and note: "SP control".I just ordered a new control panel. The thumb switch was checked with an ohm meter and on reading when moved. I replaces it with a on-off-on momentary contact switch. The original switch must be a sub-miniature magnetic reed switch. The thumb opened once and stays there now, wide open. Did you ever fix yours???? The two solenoids have power all the time and the ohm readings are good. I can't find any help with this on the internet,