Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc 75UU-2, blown 4d95l-1 engine

Kit ยท 2012-12-05 15:13

Hello all, I have a Komatsu pc 75uu-2 that's engine (4D95L-1) has a bent rod and blown head gasket. I'm currently working with my local Komatsu dealer to find parts. The serial # of the engine is above 150681 and from what I have gathered the parts are more expensive being a higher serial number (for instance, the gasket kit alone is over 1,000). Komatsu can get me a new engine for 15,000, but it's on back order and doesn't know an estimated time for how long it will be on B/O. They also gave me an estimate to rebuild the engine was 21,000, we bought the machine for 29,000. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a rebuilt or used engine? Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1xcmark2012-12-05 15:28

    any posibilty of putting a Cumming BT-4 in the engine bay? sounds like to me it may end up being 10K cheaper!

  2. #2eric122012-12-05 15:30

    try H and R parts from buffalo ny, they have one on their website but no price, call 1-800-333-0650 and see. it looks like its a new motor on a pallet ready to ship.

  3. #3Kit2012-12-05 15:36

    It's a possibility, but my mechanic is worried about the refab & metric to american issue with bolts.

  4. #4Kit2012-12-05 16:07

    Thank you, this looks like it maybe my solution. I'm just waiting to hear if the serial number of the engine will match our machine. Thanks again

  5. #5eric122012-12-05 16:09

    hope it works out for you. theyre a pretty big outfit so shipping shouldnt be too bad hopefully.

  6. #6Kit2012-12-05 16:16

    Me to, this has been quite the ordeal over the past couple of months. The shipping is $600 bucks for cross country. I don't think I could personally drive that far for that cheap /sarcasm

  7. #7JBGASH2012-12-05 21:24

    What did the engine cost from them? Was it a new one or used? We have the very same excavator and the engine is going to need overhauled or replaced in the near future.

  8. #8Kit2012-12-06 13:33

    New was $15,000, rebuild price from Kumatsu was $21,000. Thanks to eric12, I got a rebuilt one for $4,950. I do know I found one at diesel engine trader "http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/engines/engine_details.cfm?id=49134". Although you'll have to talk to Steve and he is heard to get a hold of. I asked for pictures of the engine, which I never did get, and it sounded like it might also have a bent rod as well. Good luck

  9. #9eric122013-01-19 12:20

    so howd you make out with that engine? was it the right one and worth the money?