Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc 75uu-2 question

dave stepp · 2011-08-15 16:33

Hello all, I just purchased the Komatsu. The ID tag says pc 75uu-2 but it seems to differ from what the book says it should have. The serial # is 11***. It has the Cummings B3.3 engine and 2 speed drive. According to the book it has to have the Komatsu 4d95L engine and does not have the 2 speed drive. What do I have? Thanks in advance,

Replies9
  1. #1finaldrive2011-08-15 16:59

    PC75UU-2 took either single speed or two speed final drive with no way to ID other than to ask. You'll see in the parts books that it shows both, and for any serial number range. We always ask "3 line hook up or 4 line hook up" no matter what serial number on the PC75UU-2. Serial number of 11*** is fine. It's the serial number that is 11** that would be the PC75UU-1 Not sure what to tell you on the engine, I've never seen one without a 4D95L

  2. #2dave stepp2011-08-15 19:37

    OK, that clears that part up, I don't have the parts manual yet. Now I'm wondering if they may have retrofitted the Cummings engine to the unit? It is a brand new engine replaced just before I bought the unit.

  3. #3willie592011-08-15 20:02

    It could be that gray market 75UU-2 machines have the 4D engine. Every gray dash 2 I've seen has the 4D95L engine. But then, I haven't seen them all.

  4. #4vit3322011-08-16 00:47

    You can use www.komatsupartsbook.com site with part books

  5. #5finaldrive2011-08-16 17:55

    Someone must have repowered that machine. I have the most current Japanese Construction Equipment Guide as well as USA spec guide. Every PC75UU-2 shows 4D95L engine.

  6. #6dave stepp2011-08-18 13:04

    That is kind of what i thought might be the case. What was the last year the UU-2 was made?

  7. #7Directional2011-08-19 20:20

    I believe it was up to about 96. Also, i have all 3 manuals for mine, parts, maintenance and operations, and they all refer to the 4D95L, my PC75UU-2 has a 106xx serial number.

  8. #8Kit2012-12-05 14:11

    Do you have any pictures of the engine. We have a Komatsu pc 75UU-2 that's engine has a bent rod and needs to be fully rebuilt. The problem has been finding someone to building it who can get the parts for it. Anyways, I'm thinking we may be able to retro fit in the same engine you may have use. Could you send me the info or pictures of how they did it. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

  9. #9Colton Thorsell2021-03-20 02:42

    Did you end up repowering your pc75uu2? I want to put a 4bt into mine but not sure if it’ll work