Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PF3 Excavator

hiluxman ยท 2011-08-15 00:02

I am asking a questeon thats been on my mind for 15 years what is a komatsu PF3 it looks like a pc200? with a roating arm and va boom it is a listed model in my komatsu pc200 parts book

Replies4
  1. #1dave stepp2011-08-15 15:29

    I hope you get a reply, I have wondered the same thing

  2. #2John C.2011-08-15 20:54

    I've worked on three of them. Basically they were advertised as being able to dig a square hole. The stick has a slewing bearing mounted just below where the main boom connects. The bearing is the same as used for the house on a PC60 excavator. There is a swivel in the middle of the bearing to route hoses to the bucket cylinder. The Dash 3 versions were all manual so the operator had to figure out how to run the functions to make it do things. The Dash 6 version I worked on had an extra computer with a learn function. Basically you made the machine do a certain thing while in learn mode and then when you did repetitive things you positioned the bucket where you wanted to start and then hit the button and the computer controlled the machine for you. These machines were all gray market and never brought into this country for the established dealer network. Even the service manuals had to be purchased in Japan.

  3. #3hiluxman2011-08-16 19:08

    Did the machine have auto pilot to dig holes. And what size Komatsu was it based on

  4. #4John C.2011-08-17 00:48

    The machines I've worked on were PC220 class. The Dash 6 model machine had the computers for the auto functions.