Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC-78 hydrualics making sound in cab

D5GDevo ยท 2012-12-30 01:34

Anyone have any idea as to what might be causing an ocassional sound inside the cab of my Komatsu PC-78 when I swing and then go to stop the swing it sometimes sounds like fluid being pinched off in a valve or something, just last for a second and it dosent happen all the time could it be a relief valve getting weak? Any thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1NWH2012-12-30 14:25

    I have a 2008 pc78us-6 that I have owned for about a year and it will sometimes make a noise like you describe. In the operators manual under the heading "phenomena that are not failures " it lists starting or stopping the swing, noise will be emitted from the brake valve After reading this I quit worrying about the noise . My freinds 307c Cat also has a lot of noise in the swing These noises don`t occur every time you swing.

  2. #2D5GDevo2012-12-30 17:42

    Thanks for the info thats a big relief I was sure I was gonna be in for another big repair job..Thanks again for the reply.