hello everyone, I'm Ammar from Jordan I got a new machine delivered from germany so they have done something to the coolant system to fit there climate. I removed the thermostat and the temp still in middle and it Imposed to still cold and i noticed the fan pulley has big diameter anyone can help anyone from germany please help !!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean it had antifreeze in it? Do you use antifreeze in Jordan? It raises the boiling point and so does not cause overheating usually. I doubt they changed anything else with the cooling system in Germany. The thermostat should always be installed. Test it in hot water, if it doesn't open, replace it. Often the water will not circulate correctly without the thermostat (bypass thermostat). What is it doing when it overheats? Do you have a non contact thermometer to take the real temperature of the engine to see what's really going on? Especially the inlet and outlet to the radiator when it's as hot as it gets. I don't understand "imposed to still cold", please explain.
No I mean in the cooling system they have done something to make it warm For example, I had a Volvo 120D loader. And she was warming up. We discovered that the fan speed was on the slow always. And i will try to do what you say Thank for the replay what I meant in.. imposed to still cold.. It's supposed to stay cold if we remove thermostat.
What you're describing is only available on machines with hydraulic fan control. The cooling profiles are A,B & C . A is for tropical or equatorial locations, B is for middle of the road location and C is for polar climates. Komatsu on the little machines just uses a fan driven off the fan pulley, not much you can do with that. The key thing is to maintain the cooling system with proper coolant/water mix, proper thermostat and clean radiator and charged air cooler.
Not true. If you remove the thermostat then the coolant will continuously bypass the radiator.
The thermostat serves 2 purposes. 1) regulate coolant flow to radiator to allow proper shedding of heat. 2) maintain operating temperature within the engine between 195⁰ & 210⁰F Without regulation the engine runs cool @ idle and overheats under sustained heavy load. Everything needs balance. Start with a new thermostat and correct coolant mix. Invest in a good infrared temp gun. It's an invaluable tool for troubleshooting.
Hahahahahhah Thanks for the correction.
Like everyone else here I'm here to inform and to be informed.
I don't recall many engines that use the bypass thermostats, especially in the smaller ones. The large Cummins and Komatsu engines use the bypass thermostats which have two different sealing surfaces that actually route coolant back into the engine instead of into the radiator. Removing one of those thermostats is a recipe for disaster. Removing a thermostat on a standard cooling system though will not necessarily make the engine run cooler either. There are plenty of other factors involved. Items that can cause overheating include plugging of the external air ways through the radiator, plugging of the internal fluid paths through the radiator, improper types of fluids used for coolant, problems with the water pump and overloading of the engine and hydraulic systems.
Are there any pictures of thermostat? or bypass thermostat And how are there two in the same engine? Excuse me, but I don't understand English very well. I'm using translation keybad
"tems that can cause overheating include plugging of the external air ways through the radiator, plugging of the internal fluid paths through the radiator.." What do you mean by that?
Dust and dirt on the outside of the radiator will limit how much air the fan pulls or pushes through the radiator. That will cause the coolant to get hot. The insides of the tubes of the radiator can be blocked which slows down or limits the amount of coolant that can get through.
Don't forget the foam surrounds. They help pull the air through the coolers.