Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc120-3 undercarriage interchange

NoBudgetMining · 2019-12-09 21:19

Hey, I have a pc120-3 and it’s time to put on new sprockets and track chain. Problem I’m running into is the 120-3 chain and sprockets have been impossible to find state side. All I can find online is Chinese parts. Called my local komatsu dealer and they said parts have been discontinued. Does anyone know if the 120-3 can use 120-5 or 6 chain and sprocket?

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2019-12-09 21:53

    I was told when I was working through a similar problem on a PC220-2 that the Dash 3 and Dash 5 track adjuster and front idlers were the same but I don't know that for a fact. I would suggest you get the pitch of the chain before you do anything else. Measure the distance between the valleys on the sprocket teeth or the distance between a couple of pins in the track to get something close. Maybe Mr. LACHAU has some info on your questions.

  2. #2NoBudgetMining2019-12-09 22:03

    Thank you for your response John. I’ll have to get the measurements and do some research.

  3. #3NoBudgetMining2019-12-14 23:50

    Does anyone have a good source for sprocket diagrams? Would like to compare the dash3 with the dash5 specs. Can’t find to much on the web