We have a ingersol rand zx125 excavator that’s a bobcat with a ingersol sticker. 29k # machine Motor - Detuz 6 cyl It will fire with either every time but run only at idle for the first 15-20 min, after that you can run full rpm all day, and it will restart fine. Let it sit over night and it will not start on it’s own. I cleaned the fuel tank very good and changed out the filters twice along with fuel additives. I’m thinking something along the lines of injectors or injection pump but why will it run fine all day after the initial start ???
I refer to Ingersoll Rand excavator model ZX125 specification; it's been install a engine with 04 cylinders only???!!! Could you inform what model of DEUTZ engine is??
50ZLX06 .1038 - engine family BF4M 2012 - Model
Engine pic
The fuel supply pump that is integrated into the belt pulley has a drain back check valve in it IIRC that will let the fuel drain back overnight if damaged or hung open.
So are you thinking it’s bad and that’s why it won’t start in the motioning on it own ?
Typo - won’t start in the morning ? so the check valve is bad and once you use the either to start it then it will run - but after it sits then the fuel all drains out and air is into the system .... am I on the right track ?
Yes that is idea. You could probably start the engine in the morning without ether if you were to prime full at the injectors. Any of the fuel lines/ connections could cause a fuel leak down as well.
Anyway to test the check valve ??
Only by removal and inspection. I have dealt with that issue before with a 6 cylinder version, but has been quite a while so ... Exact location of the check is fuzzy in the memory. I would remove the supply pump and disassemble to address the check and also look for wear in the pump.