Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc128 won’t start

Jjkg1990 · 2020-07-15 13:30

My Komatsu won’t turn over. When I turn the key one everything come on. The only way it will turn over is if I connect a ground wire to the alternator and ground it to the machine. After it starts I can pull the ground wire and the machine will run fine. Changed the safety starter relay. New alternator also. Power going to the alternator. Any help would be helpful. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2020-07-15 14:04

    There are Dash numbers on the end of the model number that we need. The case of the alternator is supposed to be grounded all the time anyway. Unless the engine or machine won't shutdown, why not just put a permanent wire on and be done with it.

  2. #2heymccall2020-07-15 14:17

    I'd search for a broken ground strap from the lower engine block to the main frame. I believe I circled it. Bellhousing (counterweight side) to frame below.

  3. #3Jgm2020-07-15 15:06

    Sound like the main grounding is broken or badly corroded