Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC138 level 4 shutdown

Bill Thornton · 2024-10-05 17:50

2018 Komatsu PC138. Turned batteries on, cranked engine, monitor instantly showed level 4 shutdown. Turned it off, went back to it the next day and cranked it to read the hours for repair shop and it runs fine, no shutdown warnings. Anyone run into this before? Hate to pay for a mechanic if it’s nothing…. TIA

Replies3
  1. #1max s2024-10-05 18:39

    There is a green Led light beside the battery main switch. You have to wait for the green light to go off before you turn off the main switch. Failure to do so will trigger trouble code CA1117 and L04 warning next time the machine is turned on.

  2. #2Bill Thornton2024-10-05 19:09

    Yes thank you I am aware of this as I always watch the green light and turn batteries off when it goes out. Has this happened to anyone else? Does the level 4 light only come on one time? My assumption is this has something to do with the DEF dosing program and I don’t want to continue to run the machine and stop the filter up. But when I crank it now there are no warnings….

  3. #3Bullitt2024-10-06 09:44

    Assuming it’s a -11 machine. Turn the ignition on, hold 4 and press 1, then 2, then 3. Go to abnormality record, then electrical, and read the latest codes set. There is never a warning on the monitor without it storing a code.