Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 315L Oil sending unit replacement

Tim98TA ยท 2024-10-05 12:59

Original sending unit part number, 5I-8005 has been replaced by new part number 266-6210. Caterpillar wants $266 for this part!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA Does anyone know of an aftermarket unit that will work? I know that sending units have different OHMS/Resistance reading that will cause them not to read correctly if not matched to the pcm/gauge. I see a lot of them out there for well under $100 and even under $50. They say 'compatible', but that can just mean they screw in the same size hole. LOL

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-10-05 13:30

    It's not a sender. It is a normally open switch that is closed by rising engine oil pressure. Unfortunately there are no specifications listed regarding what pressure is required to close the contacts.

  2. #2Tim98TA2024-10-05 14:55

    Thanks Nige. True, being a 2 wire unit it would not be a sender but a switch. I'm going to try one of the aftermarkets to see what happens.

  3. #3heymccall2024-10-05 16:01

    $25 on amazon

  4. #4Tim98TA2024-10-05 16:14

    Bought from them(Motrol) before. Not again.

  5. #5Tim98TA2024-10-05 16:15

    Bought from them(Motrol) before. Not again

  6. #6Nige2024-10-05 16:43

    There seem to be quite a few alternatives when searching for the updated 266-6210 Part Number.

  7. #7Tim98TA2024-10-05 16:49

    There are plenty but I just worry of the scams out there