Would anyone happen to know or have drawings showing lifting points for the complete upperstructure on a komatsu pc138-10 ? Thanks
Are you looking to lift the whole machine or separate house from tracks?
Just split at slew bearing and lift top off.
You can split off by using BOOM cylinder of machine as a hydraulic jack.
Yes splitting it’s not a problem but for various reasons top will need lifted off and sat to one side but may need moved about a couple of times before goes back on. So was wondering if there was any specific lifting points on the upperstructure to make life simpler as couldn’t see any obvious other than ballast lifting points. Thanks
Keep us informed on what you end up with but, I was just going to post how I might approach this but appears Lachau is on it. I think the only "right" way is with the arm and counterweight off. You know the structure the counterweight uses would be substantial, as is the boom mount. However, I doubt (and videos prove) most people will go through that trouble. I am not sure I would sign up to sit in that house and run it while lifting. if that arm rolls, there is nothing to stop it. If you remove the counterweight, the mass will be forward biased and difficult the calculate based on arm position. But if arm and counter are off, most of the weight is gone, making it an easier lift. At the very least, I would be looking for a way to lift the front off the boom mount, whether you can mount something there, or whatever. I did look up your machine and does not look like much fun as the weight does not look easily removable. maybe visit a dealer or two and see if you can get some inside info?
Yes hoping to avoid counterweight and boom off but aware off the stability issues we may have. Will do a bit more digging for info and see what I find. If all goes well will update. Thanks
I will just throw this in for consideration, the safest way to lift is being above the CG (center of gravity) so it can't roll. However, I personally am guilty of being in a tough spot and I made a welded Ibeam arrangement to go under a 20k# machine. However, if you chose to, or cannot confirm your CG, I implore you to consider safety chains somewhere to catch the load if it should try to roll. We typically will take slack out of main lifting straps, then configure safety chains with a little slack. It could save a life or equipment, but it does take more time. They would not act to take the full load, just prevent an upset. Just takes a crane operator one quick stop of the swing to cause a bad day.
Any lifting points on counter weight? What is year and complete model #? Does it have a blade on it?
There are lifting points on counterweight. It’s pc138-10 2015 model. Blade ready but no blade