Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 120 B

Tugger2 ยท 2019-12-26 13:26

Does anyone have an opinion on a Cat 120, its around 1992 around 7000 hours showing. Were they a decent machine? Im looking for something that size for part time excavator use on my own jobs. I dont want to lay out the cash for something newer like a 135 as i dont put a lot of hours on the machine. Having a counterweight sticking out isnt a big deal and they look like a simple machine to look after.

Replies3
  1. #1Tags2019-12-26 20:57

    They were pretty solid units, I'm fairly certain it was very similar to Mitsubishi 120 excavators, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I know the Mitsubishis were next to impossible to kill and Cat bought them in the late 80's. I would just give it a good once over, same old story, if it had decent, consistent maintenance it'll show.

  2. #2Tugger22019-12-29 12:31

    I had forgotten the the Cat Mitsubishi connection. Used to see some old Mitsubishi s out in the bush beat to death and still going as backspar machines. Thanks for your input.

  3. #3rmllarue912019-12-30 00:26

    They where good machines but it all depends on what shape it's in