Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc150-3 swing lever stuck in lock

Kerry M ยท 2016-12-12 09:03

Hi the swing lever on my komatsu pc150-3 is stuck in lock. Excavator is still functioning though tracks seem very sluggish when moving. How can I get swing lock released?

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2016-12-12 19:33

    If you meant the left side control lever won't move then you have a safety lock in the down position. That is just a mechanical lock. Do you have wrist control handles are long handles out in front of you. If you mean the swing lever moves but the house will not turn then you have a problem in the swing brake system.

  2. #2Kerry M2016-12-12 22:22

    First machine I have ever owned I'll try to explain better. My apologies There is a swing lock lever through the floor on right hand side. It is in the lock position (down position) and I cannot lift it up to the unlock position and don't know why I cannot. Hope this helps a bit better. I can send a picture if that would help?

  3. #3John C.2016-12-13 00:58

    I forgot about that one. Pull up on the pin and rock the house side to side a little bit at a time. If that doesn't work push down against the ground with the bucket and rock the machine up and down just a bit at a time. While working the house you should feel the pin rock a bit side to side and give up a little bit at time till clear.