Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC150-5 travel problem

Rooster75 ยท 2013-02-19 17:35

Noticed this evening while cleaning my tracks out,I jack it up with boom on each side so won't have to bend over as far, that as I engage right side travel as I boom down to raise machine it speeds up drastically. I was just running tracks while it was raised up cleaning it out & as I boom down noticed speed difference. The speed is way faster than the hi speed setting. On the other hand as I turned around & did same procedure on left side it slowed down as I boomed down while running tracks. This machine has never since I 've owned it was able to walk & operate boom or bucket without noticeable speed reduction. Right track speed increases the more you push lever forward & slows down as you pull lever back while its off the ground. Just wondering if this may be a final drive problem,valve or in the levers in the cab? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2013-02-19 22:15

    Your machine has a straight travel function that joins both pump outputs together when you travel and operate a function at the same time. The straight travel function is activated by micro switches mounted under the cab on the pedal linkages. The plungers on the switches get frozen over time and can hold the function on when just operating a function. What you are describing though is not a usual function of your machine. Walk your machine in a straight line and check it for going straight. Then try it again when you operate a different function and see if it still walks straight. If it does, then you don't have a problem. If it doesn't, check the switches under the cab. Many times when those switches get stuck they will cause you hydraulic system to over heat and over work you engine. Good Luck!