Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc150-6k unable to control swing

CUMBRIA6039 ยท 2014-03-18 13:24

on a komatsu pc150-6 when swinging right to left when releasing pilot control to neutral position It carries on going for a while, it does it the other way as well but not as bad

Replies12
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-03-18 14:24

    Is there a swing brake switch? I know our PC300-6 has one. Could be turned off or a blown fuse.

  2. #2CUMBRIA60392014-03-18 14:31

    Thanks for reply but the swing brake is working fine after 4 seconds of no pressure in pilot circuit it applies as it should

  3. #3Bob/Ont2014-03-18 15:09

    Look for a Soft Swing switch. Many excavators have them, solenoid opens up an orifice between the Rh ad Lh drive ports. Later Bob

  4. #4CUMBRIA60392014-03-18 15:16

    This does not seem to have any switches on hi pressure lines at all only on pilot lines and I belief those are only to signal swing brake and ecm etc

  5. #5uffex2014-03-18 16:50

    Good day Cubria6039 Could you clarify if this si a problem slewing in only one direction ? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6CUMBRIA60392014-03-18 16:56

    it does it both ways but one way worse than other, it does feel like it has enough power to me when slewing but when you release the lever it should slow to stop quickly but this doesn't . to let you know I replaced compensation valves on both sides of slew spool , it also had slew motor and check valves replaced and a while back the pilot control as well

  7. #7Bob/Ont2014-03-18 17:32

    A soft swing valve might be a block on the swing motor near the feed lines. Later Bob

  8. #8CUMBRIA60392014-03-18 17:35

    that set of valves was replaced with swing motor from komatsu

  9. #9DJK2014-03-18 18:54

    Sounds like piston seals or discs in swing motor.

  10. #10John C.2014-03-18 21:18

    I think I would Tee in gauges on the pilot lines for the swing. Look for swing pressure to drop to zero when you let go of the handles. If it doesn't I'd start checking the drain circuit off the pilot controller for a possible plug. Did this start happening all at once or a little at a time?

  11. #11uffex2014-03-19 07:21

    Good day Cumbria6039 We have checked our archives please see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12CUMBRIA60392014-03-19 10:01

    thanks for reply, the reason the motor was changed was because of this problem nothing really failed to create debri in the system but I will tee in 2 gauges today to check for zero pilot pressure thanks for all your info I will let you know