Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc158us lc-2 serial number10154

tool_king ยท 2011-09-18 17:01

Does anyone have a service manual KOMATSU PC158US LC-2 SERIAL NUMBER 10154 in pdf form for this machine that they can send me .Second thing have you ever came across were when traveling with the machine it feels like one track locks up for a second then releases.Problem does not do it a ll the time.The excavator has 3200.7 hours on it .Does the excavator have were you can plug a laptop in to it to monitor functions and pressures ? Does anyone know if Komatsu has were a laptopcan be plugged in to do diagnostic work ? Or for that matter any Komatsu piece of equipment . THANKS ED

Replies9
  1. #1cps2011-09-18 17:25

    Hi Ed, does it have rubber tracks by any chance?

  2. #2Toyboy3b2011-09-18 19:11

    Generally speaking you can't plug a laptop into a Komatsu, the exception is if your machine has VHMS but that is really for forming trend data more so then for fault diagnosis. Pressures are read either off the maintenace panel or with mechanical gauges.

  3. #3tool_king2011-09-18 21:44

    cps no it has steel tracks and was sold to the customer by the state wide komatsu dealer here in New Jersey. Toyboy3b What is the VHMS? This machine has digital display screen .Just idiot lights to look at . Unless it has a code read out on the computer behind the seat .

  4. #4Toyboy3b2011-09-19 00:30

    VHMS is shorthand for Vehicle Health Monitoting System, basically it is a computer system that is indepentdent of all other controllers on your machine that records data from any sensors, It is standard on larger machines and from what understand is an option on smaller ones, it can also be linked to the KOMTRAX system which uses a satelite link to upload it's information to Komatsu, it will alert your local dealer if you have a serious fault occuring and they can contact you about it. So as far as the laptop goes I guess it depends whether or not you machine has VHMS, if I get a chance I will see if i can look at a manual for you and get you some answers (and no sorry, I can't send you a copy of the manual but I might be able to send you some info that may help).

  5. #5cps2011-09-19 13:30

    The reason i tool king is i have seen rubber tracks catch on the track frame on rough ground at times, does it seem to be one track of the two of them? Aiden

  6. #6Tony2011-09-22 08:48

    Tool, As far as I can remember, the 158 did not come with Komtrax as standard. I do know for sure that it does not have VHMS (too early for it, and it was usually only found in the larger machines in that vintage). In any case, I have the service manual in PDF, ready to send to you. What's your email address? Best, Tony

  7. #7tool_king2011-09-22 20:36

    Tony Thank you very much .My email address is [email protected] .Please let me know if you are looking for anything.I have a lot service ,part and operation manuas for all kinds of machines. THANKS ED

  8. #8tool_king2011-09-22 20:41

    cps It just seem to be one track that locks up for a second.

  9. #9Wick2011-10-09 07:40

    Wick G'day not familiar with this model but have repaired similar problem on a pc 220 and pc 300 these would randomly not function when the control was moved then would release with a bang and then function normally. Relieve hyd tank pressure and find the compensator valve for the function at fault ( these are the hex headed valves perpendicular to the axis of the valve spools ) and remove the valve, after this remove the poppet valve underneath ( use pointy nose pliers ) the valve has a 10mm step on the end, one of the ones I have repaired was jamed that tight that I had to make a tool to grip this 10mm step and use a slide hammer to remove. Once you get the poppet valve out you may find it has a slight burr in the bore in the seat area. (I think this is caused from the valve hammering the seat) remove this burr with fine emery paper. the poppet should be a free sliding fit. clean and re assemble, this should fix the problem. hope this helps