Looking at a '98 Komatsu PC200lc-6 le. What does the "le" represent? thanks
long undercarriage
I thought thats what the "LC" was for ??
It's been awhile since I worked on one but I think the Le stands for Lexington, Kentucky. That would be the factory where the machine was built. Does the serial number start with an "A"? If so that would mean the machine was built for US sale.
I think the L means this machine is U.S. built and the E denoted emmissionized engine. The A prefix in front of the SN means that the machine was built in North America, in this case Chattanooga Tennessee.
Yes, the serial number has an A in front. I called a dealer today and they said any with an "A" in the front of the serial number should be good and not grey market. Wulf, can you expand on the emmissionized engine any? I'm in Ohio and from what i know about pickup trucks emission motors were for those west coast guys and entailed all the EGR crap in the years past. Are we looking at something similar here with this one being a "LE"? I have a couple machines in mind with only one being an "le" so, should i stay away from this one for any reason and opt for the others? thanks
dmax... basically just a different fuel system with no vices really. The earlier units had a rotary injection pump and the LE's were inline.
wow,this thread is very interesting you learn something new every day.