Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC 900

MKTEF ยท 2007-11-19 15:54

Hey guy's. I joined a blasting course this weekend and had a discussion with another contender. He says Volvo is introdusing a new excavator the EC 900. Its going to weigh around 180 000 lbs.? Does anybody here now anything about it? I bet somebody knows, and has seen one doing tests around.(pics maybe?) He drives a rather big Volvo exc, so i beliewe in what he's saying.

Replies4
  1. #1ben46a2007-11-19 17:02

    I havent heard, but i wouldnt doubt it. With everyone else in the 85 ton class already it would make sense. I always thought the 700 was more of a b*****d size than anything, and was kind of small for a 70 ton machine.

  2. #2Holger2007-11-22 10:55

    There already are two EC 8 00 running on tests in Norway according to a marketing-specialist at Volvo. The system of the EC700 is powerfull enough to be used in a higher classed machine. But it seems not to be an EC900, it will more likely be an EC800.

  3. #3MKTEF2007-11-23 16:51

    Thank you Holger. I bet this guy knows about the 800. But he was talking about a 900, with another engine than the 16 litre in the 700. And out of this i bet there will be both a 800 and a 900. He was mensioning a modell to compete with the 375/385... It may also be so that the two u know about are bigger then the sign's on the excavator.... I know the the proto L350F was running with L330E markings on it. We saw pictures of that one already in february.

  4. #4Holger2007-11-24 08:13

    Greetings to Norway! You may be right! Lets wait and see!