Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200

Bala ยท 2011-06-29 17:50

I have been to a remote area this week to look at a new job, I will be starting in a month, in the mean time the workers there are trying to repair this unit and I am sure it will not be good enough and I am going to have to redo it. The front of the track frame where the idler slides is not only worn but the forks? I will call them are bent out anyone had this problem, seen it repaired, and any suggestions. I have a PC200, PC300, KatoHD820 Exc, and D68 and D85 dozers to look after, among other things.

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2011-06-29 19:53

    That was a common problem when those machines worked in the woods around here. We sometimes put something together to pull the sides back together and then welded 3/4" plates edge in on both sides to hold the frame ends in place. I'll look in my archives to see if I have a photo somewhere showing the way all the forestry machines are reinforced now.

  2. #2John C.2011-06-29 20:01

    Here is an example of our modern day forestry machines.

  3. #3Bala2011-06-29 20:39

    Thanks for that I did not think I had a new problem that had not been solved, much appreciated, these units are running in wet tropical rain forest in soupy limestone gravel clearing pads and tracks for drill rigs, inexperienced operators and a lack of maintenance so they are in a poor state Tips on any other common problems I should look for would also be appreciated

  4. #4John C.2011-06-29 20:43

    Here is another example of the reinforcement. This is on a Komatsu logging shovel.

  5. #5Bala2011-06-30 16:02

    It getting repaired patched up at the moment but I will sort it out and brace it up in the near future, Thanks again

  6. #6SUGANESH2012-01-18 11:40

    PC 200-6 engine suddenly gets over loaded and water spurts out from the radiator overflow and temperature raises from 85C to 120C suddenly and engine stops before going to idling speed.Again this happens after repairing the engine and started.the same happened 5 times,but not able to diagnose whether it is engine problem or hydraulic problem.PLEASE REPLY.. SUGANESH

  7. #7Actioninc2012-01-18 19:50

    Suddenly Suganesh, Heres a list of things to check, clean out fins in radiator, new radiator cap, new thermastat, if none of those have the radiator looked at.

  8. #8SUGANESH2012-01-19 04:45

    Actioninc, I have replaced radiator , it's cap and the thermostat new, but still have the same problem, This problem spoiled my spare engine also. Can some one help me finding the problem..