Here are a couple pic's of my "new" 1996 Komatsu PC200. Has new complete Cummins engine overhaul and new reman Komatsu hydraulic pumps with less than 1000 hrs . All pins have been rebushed and machine has virtually no slop anywhere. Did not get a bucket with it, but am considering a 36" & 48". Can anyone tell me if the 48" is too much bucket? Have a neighbor that has one that was on a PC220 for sale and seems cheap for $1000.00 and in like new condition.
48 would be all she wants unless you're throwing snow with it. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
48 bucket to much, you would have to work very close to a truck when loading dirt or anything with substance, I got a 320CL Cat tried a 48"bucket opted for the 36" I can load much faster because of less potential of tip.
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking it may be a little too much.
I run a 42" on my 225 and 210 both have thumbs. I also run a 54" and 36" Esco severe duty on my other 210. I believe a 48" will work fine. If there is one for sale for $1000.00 go buy it. If the pins are the same and it fits then even better. Keep in mind a bucket for this size machine is at least $3000.00 or up to $5000.00 for a severe duty. As for the operater, if they can't run a 200 with a 48" bucket then maybe they are in the wrong line of work. If you do a lot of utility work then a smaller bucket is better. p.s. we run 36"'s on mini's so you should be fine. Regards, Cd
Thanks CD, I went ahead and bought the 48" bucket, it is the Esco HD and come with the pins, it fit right up to the JRB pin coupler. You were right on the cost, I priced a used one from our Komatsu dealer and they wanted 4000.00 , it was somewhat rough also. QUOTE=Colorado Digger;451691]I run a 42" on my 225 and 210 both have thumbs. I also run a 54" and 36" Esco severe duty on my other 210. I believe a 48" will work fine. If there is one for sale for $1000.00 go buy it. If the pins are the same and it fits then even better. Keep in mind a bucket for this size machine is at least $3000.00 or up to $5000.00 for a severe duty. As for the operater, if they can't run a 200 with a 48" bucket then maybe they are in the wrong line of work. If you do a lot of utility work then a smaller bucket is better. p.s. we run 36"'s on mini's so you should be fine. Regards, Cd[/QUOTE]
we use primarily 48" buckets on our 200 and 210 with no problem, if you are tippy with that your either reaching all the way out with real heavy clay or not very good at operating. id look into a 24" bucket before a 36" though, we have both and the 36" sits around a lot. the 24" is a lot nicer for trench work and easier on the machine if your pulling stumps or rock because it twists the bucket less and gives you more penetration.