Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc200-3 thumb to pc210-10

davecampbell ยท 2021-01-27 19:05

I've found a progressive thumb off of a pc200-3 in Washington. Im trying to figure out how much modifying Id have to do to put it on my pc210-10. Trying to figure out pin sizes for starters.

Replies12
  1. #1davecampbell2021-01-27 20:17

    pc210 linkage pin 22U-70-21191 bucket pin 205-70-73270 but I dont see how to tell what diameter they are. I dont have access to pc200-3 parts list but if it doesnt tell the diameter, not sure that would help anyway.

  2. #2John C.2021-01-27 21:31

    My chart shows all the Komatsu 200 size machines using 80 MM on Dash 6 through 8 for both the stick and tilt pins. I have a client with three Dash 3 machines so I'll check next time I'm up there.

  3. #3LCA0782021-01-27 23:51

    Hopefully both machines are 80mm and hopefully both are same stick width. If your 210 is wider, I'm sure you'll have to get a new pin. And if one or the other is not 80mm, then you can either have the pin's outter edges turned down or just add a bushing. BTW- 3 1/8" hot rolled and ground round steel stock is just about the right substitute for 80mm pins. Most machine shops could get you one if needed so I wouldn't be too worried about the pins if the price and other dimensions are right, IMHO. I wouldn't recommend this route for most pins but I wouldn't think the dogbone pins are super critical. Also, I'm jealous if you can bolt on a progressive pin! I need one and will probably have to fab up my own linkages to make it happen (cause I can't afford the new yellow metal at the dealership).

  4. #4davecampbell2021-01-28 07:16

    Where are you located? I may not be able to get it trucked home efficiently

  5. #5excavator2021-01-28 13:45

    I have a very nice stick/bucket pin size chart but unfortunately it was printed in 2016 so before the Dash 10 machines. But from the 200 to the 210-6 machine the stick width increased approx. 1.7mm which would be very easy to deal with.

  6. #6StumpyWally2021-01-29 15:24

    DaveC...you might look at my thread here: HeavyEquipmentForums ....for pin & dimensions help.

  7. #7davecampbell2021-01-29 21:03

    Do you know where I can get the diameter of the circled pin? I don't even know what it is supposed to be called.

  8. #8excavator2021-01-30 12:19

    It's usually called the link pin, some might call it something else and it should be the same size as the bucket pin, 80mm?

  9. #9StumpyWally2021-01-30 16:16

    Dave....I don't know its "official"name, but I would call it the link-to-stick pin, as opposed to the link-to-link pin (where the 2 links join), & the simple link pin (which joins the link to the bucket). And I agree with excavator in that usually all 3 "link" pins are the same size, in your case 80mm.

  10. #10John C.2021-01-30 16:52

    Usually the only difference in the pin sizes is the length unless you are dealing with a Cat.

  11. #11LCA0782021-01-30 22:49

    I'm in central Texas and I'm tinkering around with my own 325B trying to convert its direct connected thumb to an articulated one. Unless you're buying the whole dipper and bucket, it should just all fit on a flat pallet. If you can get the seller to put the pallet in back of a pickup, then strap/bolt/crib down the cylinder, links, etc., the seller should be able to drop it off at a freight company and have it shipped for you to pick up at a freight warehouse for not too much. Shipping prices start climbing fast when trucking companies have to send a tommy gate, a couple dudes with pallet jacks, and fight a tight, winding dirt driveway with biting dogs at the end to get a single pallet. Make it easy on them and the prices aren't too bad. PM me if you want to know how I get decent online quotes for pallets shipped.

  12. #12davecampbell2021-01-30 22:54

    He is selling the whole assembly, but I could possibly leave behind the dipper and just snip bucket thumb and rams on pallets. Ill check to see if seller is willing to do that.