Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Putting a new undercarriage on a 200D LC. Tips or suggestions?

terex herder · 2021-01-27 08:35

The undercarriage on my Deere 200D LC is shot. I have ITR components to completely replace it. I'm moving the track pads to the new chains. I have never done undercarriage work. I'm looking for any advice regarding the task.

Replies7
  1. #1alaskaforby42021-01-27 10:27

    Stretch before you start

  2. #2John C.2021-01-27 11:13

    Make sure you have some really good blocking, good air compressor and hard hitting impact wrench. You will also need plenty of thread taps to clean lots of threaded holes.

  3. #3uffex2021-01-27 11:16

    Good day Please see attached much more information at your disposal go excatech.org > Library > Undercarriage it is well covered, if you find it short drop me a line. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4alaskaforby42021-01-27 11:18

    Also be sure to grind paint off new rails’ pad mounting surface, grind rust off old pad. Nice clean metal on metal surface will help keep them tight. Tighten pad in X pattern

  5. #5Bluox2021-01-27 11:28

    Buy track groups and you won't spend the rest of the machines life tighting pad bolts. Bob

  6. #64bz2021-01-27 22:22

    I found 14 broken track roller bolts on my Deere 200CLC. It is much easier to remove the broken bolt stubs while the tracks are off the machine. I recommend that you check your track roller bolts for any issues before you pull the old tracks off. Loosening and then retightening each bolt is a good way to do it. The checks go fast, even doing it by hand (no impact wrench). You will find any missing bolts as you do the checks, and also confirm that the bolts will all come out later when you do the track work. As John C mentioned, it is also a good idea to have a tap to chase out the bolt hole threads. Sometimes the frame holes do not have full threads for the full length of the bolt hole. Owner/operators have also been known to weld the track rollers to the machine frame, rather than take the time to fix broken bolts in the middle of a big job. If you find any missing bolts, be sure to also look for welds.

  7. #7Coaldust2021-01-27 22:44

    After stretching like Alaskaforby4, suggested, pack a big lunch.