Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc200-3 water pump

toreed47 ยท 2010-10-19 10:56

Has anybody had an over heating problem where the water pump was the problem even though it was not leaking?

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2010-10-19 19:57

    Funny you bring that up but I did have a Cummins one time that the impeller lost it press fit on the shaft and didn't circulate any water. That engine though would overheat from a cold start in about nine minutes. We timed it.

  2. #2FSERVICE2010-10-19 21:15

    must be a cummins thing i had that same problem with the shaft/impeller on a cummins how long did it take to figure that one out lol you can laugh about it now then it was driving me nuts

  3. #3John C.2010-10-19 23:49

    I got lucky and had an old timer tell me that it was possible before I got stupid and started pulling the motor down.