Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

MR. KOBELCO · 2010-10-19 21:06

1) are you having trouble searching for new o.e.m., remanufactured, reconditioned, or new aftermarket replacement parts? 2) is your machine acting up and not running the way it should? 3) do you require help pin-pointing the root cause of the problem? 4) do you have any unanswered questions? 5) are you looking for manuals specific to your model and by serial number? please post your topics here. i will do my best to help out. as i am also sure and gladly invite the other experienced kobelco mechanics on this forum to ring in with advice as well! thank-you!

Replies1,384
  1. #1MR. KOBELCO2010-10-19 21:16

    please do not forget to include your model along with the serial number of your machine in the post. also, in regards to the engine, the make, model type and serial number helps. cheers!

  2. #2thebaz2010-10-20 04:53

    907MKII ser YN-04087 Started her up today in preparation for tomorrow. Has been sitting for a bit with the bad weather. Hasn't worked a solid day for around a month, but started about once a week to keep everything ready to work. Batteries are a little over 6 years old, but have been fine up till today when she seemed a little sluggish turning over and when she started the CPU light was on. I am assuming that the CPU was not working at all as the return to idle button did nothing. Let it run for a few minutes, shut off and restarted, no CPU light and everything functioning normally again, digging modes, 2speed track modes, return to idle and wipers all fine. Could this just be a CPU glitch due to the batteries failing? You opinion would be valued. Baz

  3. #3thebaz2010-10-20 04:55

    BTW, Thanks for the generous offer of help for us Kobelco owners.

  4. #4MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 06:00

    hi Baz, i do believe you are right on the money with that one. the cpu light is an indication of a problem that has occurred in the cpu or with the main power feeds or grounds. with your machine and many of the kobelco's (likely all) the computers like to see 18+V with ignition switch on. your C-1 controller cpu is mounted to the back of the r/h console. it has a lid that hinges open and led lights that are used to help indicate a problem with the machine horsepower controls or the cpu itself. my suggestion is your batteries are due to be replaced. (remember when checking fluid levels on machines - that does include the batteries as well. top up each cell to level with distilled water only.) be sure to also clean up the battery cable ends too. i do believe the batteries are N120's. if not 4D-1000's. once you get started and at wot (full throttle) check the charging. should be 27 - 28 VDC. then, ign switch on " ON " e/g off, flip open the computer lid. if the PCB is working proper and operational you should here a very faint kind of high pitched hissing. if not, i have repaired them myself in the past. or we do stock new. off to work now. cheers!

  5. #5thebaz2010-10-20 06:31

    Thanks, I will check that tomorrow

  6. #6DirtHauler2010-10-20 06:32

    Know much about the Kobelco SS? what markets were they sold in and are they still being produced?

  7. #7Hendrik2010-10-20 18:20

    The SS was only marketed in Japan and is no longer in production, the smallest they make is the SK005 (and the 2nd and 3rd generation of those do not have expanding tracks ). http://www.kobelco-kenki.co.jp/products/shovel/index.html#a

  8. #8MR. KOBELCO2010-10-20 21:00

    click on the link supplied below for accessing Kobelco's online parts catalog (OPC) parts catalog is for machines setup for the North America market. https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php note; in your web browser you may have to add this page to the compatibilty view settings

  9. #9motrack2010-10-20 23:11

    We had one of there in our showroom for years. It arrived in the early 90s shortly after we became a Kobelco dealer. It was fun to play with but has no real use other than a advertising gimmick.

  10. #10MR. KOBELCO2010-10-23 17:03

    my contact information. Adam Fairchild, C.F.P.S. ( Certified Fluid Power Specialist ) Hydraulic Specialist Parts & Service Manager Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd. 41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128 Gormley, Ontario Canada L0H 1G0 ph: (905) 888-9070 fax: (905) 888-9013 mobile: (416) 896-2442 home: (905) 697-9626 personal e-mail: [email protected] e-mail: [email protected] ROBERT GREEN EQUIPMENT SALES LTD. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com KOBELCO http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/Pages/homepage.aspx KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG (OPC) CNH/KOBELCO original parts https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php HULTDINS http://www.hultdins.com/ INDEXATOR ROTOTILT http://www.indexatornorthamerica.com/

  11. #11ben46a2010-10-23 17:21

    So SK350, last years model, dont have SN handy, When you top the boom cyls out and put it over relief the stick comes in, when you top the stick cyl out, the boom goes up? Ive pretty much got it narrowed to the control valve just not sure if i should relace half of it or all of it. Bypassed the pattern changer to eliminat that as well as swapped the line reliefs.

  12. #12MR. KOBELCO2010-10-25 14:11

    hi ben46a, regarding your Kobelco SK350LC-8, you will require the following new replacement parts. the ARM 2 spool supercedes, including a new lower spool cap and detent plug. also the 2 unloading valves supercede part numbers and should also be replaced. part numbers as follows along with the recommended ordering status. 1 -> LC30V00034R220, ARM 2 SPOOL, must order on a unit down 1 -> LC30V00034S979, SPOOL CAP, LWR, must order on a unit down 1 -> LC30V00034S981, SPOOL CAP, LWR, DETENT PLUG, must order on a unit down 2 -> YN30V00120F2, VALVE, UNLOADING, order on an air 1 -> ZD12P00800, o-ring, likely stocked 1 -> ZD12G04000, o-ring, likely stocked 1 -> ZD12G05000, o-ring, likely stocked also, i recommend you check the cpu version in your machine computer. the latest greatest version is 6.00 depress the buzzer stop switch on your monitor display and while holding turn the ignition switch to " ON " position. do NOT start the engine. screen no. 1 should display and read the version. depending on your version, if older you will require a kobelco dealer to download the newer version. if not, ship the computer to me and i can bench load the version. afterwards, the machine will require setting up and this can be done over the phone. ensuring that all the hyd sensors readouts are as they should, the engine rpm's within specs, as well as all the hyd pressures too. this may involve un-tweaking some screen settings to do so. then re-tweaking after. if your machine has only the one HINO fuel filter, there is an optional dual fuel filter assembly field install kit that is available for ordering. an improved filtration system. i do highly recommend that you consider purchasing it. it will better your filtration of the fuel system and prevent possible problems down the road. the price of this kit compared to the high costs involved if you were to run into problems in the fuel system is in my mind cheap insurance! kit part# LC32T00017F1, can be ordered on a stock order new replacement fuel filters used in the kit - VH23390E0020, 2 um fuel filter - LS21P01013R100, 7 um fuel filter be sure to also have spares brought in on a stock order as well.

  13. #13Sripola2010-10-26 08:40

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, Thank you for posting this thread. I have a quick question for you regarding the undercarriage for a Kobelco SK130-4. Do you know if the track chains and sprockets from a Kobelco SK120-3 are compatible with a SK130-4? The reason i ask is that the online parts catalogue gives slightly different numbers although the machines are alsmost identical except for the engines. I am about to buy some used chains for a 120-3 and wanted to make sure. Thank you, Imran

  14. #14finaldrive2010-10-26 09:22

    They are interchangable, no problem. The number of links could be different, but more than likely the are both 43 link.

  15. #159420pullpan2010-10-26 20:35

    we need to see some pics of some BladeRunners

  16. #16Sripola2010-10-28 12:57

    Thanks for the tip finaldrive. WIll check it out

  17. #17Sripola2010-10-31 00:16

    Thanks for the info Final Drive. Might go ahead and get the 120 parts then Cheers!

  18. #18ben46a2010-11-03 12:03

    Thank you sir, ill run it by the dealer here and see what they say. The tech line never mentioned anything like this. Was this the reason for the changup in the spool?

  19. #19MR. KOBELCO2010-11-04 22:06

    this is a good link to kobelco's online parts catalogs http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx

  20. #20eianewb2010-11-08 08:18

    been looking at some new buckets for my '98 sk130lc. are they the same as the buckets for the 120s? there are quite a few around, but they all say 120 or 150 on them, i assume one of these should work on my 130?? (the track question from the 120 to a 130 made me think ) thanks

  21. #21MR. KOBELCO2010-11-09 17:49

    hi eianewb, the sk120 buckets differ from the sk130 buckets. i do believe they will pin on but the spread or distance between the centre to centre of the pins are not the same. if you have a hyd pin grabber or such...it may not work for you. you will also lose out on some bucket breakout forces.

  22. #22picklehead2010-11-15 12:39

    I have a sk75ur that is having fuel problems. It seems as if the machine unprimes itself every time I shut it down. No visible fuel leaks. the fuel all seems to bleed back to the tank. I hope I am using this forum properly. This is my first time.

  23. #23MR. KOBELCO2010-11-15 20:24

    hi picklehead, it sounds as though you will need to replace your fuel lift pump and it would not hurt to also replace the fuel overflow (fuel control) valve. also, be aware of those inline fuel screens. if your engine is a Mitsubishi the input fuel hose attached by a fuel banjo bolt to the fuel lift pump will consist of a nylon mesh fuel screen screws into the bolt. pinch line, remove bolt, unscrew screen and clean. if damaged replace. also, if the engine is an Isuzu there will be a second inline fuel screen located inside the bolt (same deal) affixing the fuel hose that leads from the fuel tank to the inlet port of the fuel water seperator filter head. cheers!

  24. #24rutwad2010-11-15 22:31

    Not sure if there's any problem or not, but SK290LC Dyn Ac. seems to take quite a while to warm up on 45 degree mornings. Scared to think how bad it might be in really cold weather!

  25. #25picklehead2010-11-16 10:18

    sk75ur THANKS!!! It is a Isuzu. Where is a good place to buy a lift pump? I am going to fill the tank completely up with fuel, and I suspect gravity will push the fuel to the filter. That should confirm the lift pump failure. I will clean the screens first. Thanks again Mr. Kobelco

  26. #26MR. KOBELCO2010-11-16 21:39

    hi rutwad, there are a few things that may contribute to this. the auto-warmup is dependent upon certain conditions to function properly. if you give me a call i can run over items to check. please have your serial number at that time. ser# LB0#-?U#### also, if at all possible call me when you are sitting in the cab. we can view your maintenance screens too. ph: 905-888-9070 be sure to ask for me. adam. best to call me later in the week. thursday/friday

  27. #27MR. KOBELCO2010-11-16 21:43

    hi picklehead, you can purchase the fuel lift pump from us. i will need all your fuel injection pump numbers record off the tag. even numbers on the lift pump itself. you might even be able to get from an authorised fuel inj pump overhaul shop. i do stock these and will likely have it on our shelf. e-mail numbers and your contact info to [email protected]

  28. #28picklehead2010-11-17 09:45

    Thanks, I will contact you next week if I need it. Can ya'll get body panels and lights?

  29. #29MR. KOBELCO2010-11-17 20:31

    hi picklehead, yes we can get all your parts needs. the body panels might be expensive new but there are other shopping avenues. such as H&R Construction parts. i would suggest quoting on price and avail on new and H&R to explore all your options. lights, no problem we stock them on our shelf.

  30. #30finaldrive2010-11-17 21:29

    Thanks for the plug Adam. Have him call Bob, I'll steer him in the right direction.

  31. #31MR. KOBELCO2010-11-17 21:52

    hi picklehead, for your panels, try contacting; H&R Construction Parts & Equipment Inc. 20 Milburn Street Buffalo, NY, 14212 United States BOB WITTMANN ph: (800) 333-0650 ph: (716) 891-4311 Ext. 4138 [email protected] http://www.HRparts.com cheers!

  32. #32Colorado Digger2010-11-18 07:45

    i have heard good things about kobelco, would love to try a 210 sometime. i know they are fast. are they cummin's with kawi hydraulics?

  33. #33picklehead2010-11-18 10:40

    I will be shopping soon. THANKS

  34. #34MR. KOBELCO2010-11-27 15:43

    hi colorado digger, if you can wait, mid to late next year... the new kobelco Tier 4 sk210lc-10 FPT engine (fiat powertrain) and kawasaki hydraulics is definitely worth it. a customer and i went to the factory (Calhoun, Georgia) for a one day clinic to compare the 210 mark 8 with the new 210 mark 10. my customer was literally blown away! he has already voiced that he wants to be the first to purchase one as soon as it comes out. the machine is fast, fluid, strong in every area, and the machine reads exactly what you tell it to do with the joysticks. there is no hesitation. i have no doubt that you will be impressed too!

  35. #35diamondsten2010-11-27 15:53

    i am having difficulty finding replacement proportionate valves for my sk250 excavator. can you refer me to a good aftermarket supplier?

  36. #36MR. KOBELCO2010-11-27 16:04

    hi diamondsten, curious...why think aftermarket? you'll likely find you cannot source other than from a kobelco dealer. if you provide me your information, serial number LL08-U####, LL09-U####, LL10-U####... and which proportional valve you are requiring i can quote you. we have good stock on all used on the kobelcos and reasonable prices too. we take payment by either visa or mastercard. thanks. Adam Fairchild, a.k.a. Mr. Kobelco C.F.P.S. (Certified Fluid Power Specialist) http://www.ifps.org/ Electro-Mechanical-Automation & Robotics Engineering Technician Hydraulic & Pneumatic Engineering Technician Parts & Service Manager Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd. 41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128 Gormley, Ontario Canada L0H 1G0 ph: (905) 888-9070 fax: (905) 888-9013 mobile: (416) 896-2442 Home mailing address: 56 Brooking Street Bowmanville, Ontario Canada L1C 5L5 home phone: (905) 697-9626 primary e-mail: [email protected] Facebook Group: Kobelco Hydraulic Excavators Link; http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=126868410693215 Facebook Group: MDI/Yutani Hydraulic Excavators Link; http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=145542265470370 secondary e-mail: [email protected] ROBERT GREEN EQUIPMENT SALES LTD. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com KOBELCO http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/Pages/homepage.aspx KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG (OPC) http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx HULTDINS http://www.hultdins.com/ INDEXATOR ROTOTILT http://www.indexatornorthamerica.com/

  37. #37hitachi daft2010-11-27 16:20

    hi could you tell me how to calabrate the revs on a kobelco80msr it will not turn off with the key the lever on the injector pump goes to the stop position but for long enough to stop engine

  38. #38diamondsten2010-11-27 17:01

    hi adam i need the to speed prop valve and the sing brake prop vavle and thank u very much for yor reply

  39. #39diamondsten2010-11-27 17:07

    the kobelco i have is a 03 sk250 dynamic acera ssn llo8o1o1 the monitor is showing the swing brake and the two speed travel valves are not working

  40. #40K9092010-11-30 20:22

    K909 LC II Main Hydraulic Pump Hi Adam, I have a pretty rough farm machine that is in need of a new main pump...(pcs scattered everywhere.. ) It is a K909 LCII, serial # LLU0117 It has the Mitsubishi engine. I have 2 questions... 1) Where could I find a reasonably priced replacement pump? 2) Are there other pumps (by part number) that will interchange with this? I have found a Kobelco main pump on ebay, but it is off of a SK200LC II with part # 2437U389F3 If it matters...none of the electronics..H/M/L speeds etc work on this machine. We just need it to pump fluids to do work around a farm. Thanks :thumbsup Sam K Arkansas

  41. #41MR. KOBELCO2010-12-01 20:53

    hi Sam (K909), the KOBELCO online parts catalog for your machine shows your hyd pump assy part number to be a 2437U206F1, this supercedes to a new part number 2437U206F3. you can confirm this by recording the numbers stamped into the oe kawasaki tag. record the kawasaki number for Quest Hydraulics requires this part number as well ie; K3V..., or NV###.... the kobelco number will be identified as " USE FOR 37U206F# " your best bets are to try, 1) QUEST HYDRAULICS INC. 2880 HWY. 20 EAST FONTHILL, ON, L0S 1E6 Canada ph: (905) 892-4255 [email protected] http://www.questhydraulics.com/ bob can either sell you a rebuild or rebuild yours 2) H&R Construction Parts & Equipment Inc. 20 Milburn Street Buffalo, NY, 14212 United States BOB WITTMANN ph: (800) 333-0650 ph: (716) 891-4311 Ext. 4138 [email protected] http://www.HRparts.com they offer rebuilds too just let both know that i referred. cheers!

  42. #42Al Q2010-12-01 21:48

    Sk170-8 stepping motor I have a sk170-8 with 2600 hrs. The Rpms were down a little from spec, so called my dealer and they did an "A" adjustment and all seemed good. I shut the machine off and restarted after lunch and now the engine will not rev. When the engine is started the stepping motor surges. Any thoughts would be appreciated

  43. #43MR. KOBELCO2010-12-01 22:28

    hi Al Q, a few possibilities...1) they messed up and did not do the A adj properly with the linkages on the stepper motor...could be off a spline if the mechanic removed the link off the splines? 2) they did not change the ball joints or even tighten the nuts up if you are able, have someone turn the key on and physically watch (observe only) the stepper motor travel or a wiring connection has come loose and its not finding the limit switch (internal in the stepper motor. whatever you do do NOT yank on the stepper motor with the key powered on...you will fry the computer. question: before you turn off the machine do you bring the throttle dial returning it right down to the low idle position? if not, the computer may not realise on the key on that you are at decel speed which is approx 100 or so higher engine rpm over low idle. it may drive the stepper motor all the way up to full and hitting the high stop. at any rate if it is hitting the stops the A adj was not done 100%, they should redo. if you are not bringing the throttle down to low before letting the engine idle for a few minutes before shutting off start...or you will end up needing a turbo. cheers! p.s./ please let me know your ser# and call me at work and we'll get your computer version. the computer should not drive the stepper motor up to full rpm on key on, even if the throttle is on high when you start the engine. it should be failed safed. if so i'll have to report this to kobelco's attention.

  44. #44Al Q2010-12-01 22:53

    Thanks for the quick reply. I do turn the throttle dial down every time I shut down the engine. The dealer mech thinks my stepper motor has failed, but it has never showed any trouble before the A adjustment. I will need to operate the machine before the dealer can get a new one. So to open the throttle manually would I have to remove the linkage? I have owned every series of this size of Kobelco since 1993 and have never replaced a stepper or computer

  45. #45MR. KOBELCO2010-12-01 23:30

    hi Al Q, before you follow below wd40 the ball joints. lubricant spray stinger under the boots of each ball joint and soak. if it ends up, i'm sure it will, and you must run the machine, with the power off, remove the linkage off the stepper motor and fuel inj pump at the ball joints where they bolt. do not adj the rod length. the throttle can then be controlled manually. do not rev to the high stop. your display will read the rpm, do not over rev. i doubt its the stepper motor. i can send you the a adj procedure. if they goofed, they should correct and make the adj proper.

  46. #46K9092010-12-02 19:07

    Thanks for your help...:thumbsup Now... for a really tough question ( I may be way over my head) :Banghead This is a farm machine and I know very little about heavy equipment and hydraulics. I have however removed the entire pump before and replaced a coupler, put a thumb on and replaced the hydraulic tubes/lines on the boom/stick/bucket...I can replace "parts" I just don't know how they actually all "work". Currently none of the electronics work. This means that we have no high, low transport speed and that the breakout button on the right stick does not work. RPM's do not increase/decrease as machine works etc. (I don't understand how people can be so rough on equipment, but you can lift the entire instrument panel out of the console and nothing is still connected.) Anyway, to my question... Would there be any possible way to wire up a separate high/medium/low switch and breakout force button from scratch? If this can be done I'm certain that I can do it with a description of how it works and what parts are necessary. Thanks in advance...

  47. #47Al Q2010-12-03 22:16

    Having the "A" adjustment procedure would be very handy. Should the linkage be a certain length, perhaps a min and max? Does the computer usually fail shortly after there is a stepper motor failure?

  48. #48Al Q2010-12-03 22:22

    I think all Kobelco owners should have the A procedure for their particular model as it is sort of a maintainance item

  49. #49MR. KOBELCO2010-12-03 22:46

    hey Al Q, ask and you shall receive. an e-mail is coming your way. deal is you'll require my help thru this. cheers!

  50. #50MR. KOBELCO2010-12-03 22:51

    hi hitachi daft, regarding your 80msr, please e-mail me a digital picture of your machine cab side shot, of inside your cab, switches, consoles, monitor display, and your engine and its throttle control / speed governor with this i should be able to figure out cheers!

  51. #51hitachi daft2010-12-04 08:07

    hi mr kobelco got some info from dealership on what to do will try that first and let you know if it worked thanks for getting back to me

  52. #52MR. KOBELCO2010-12-05 11:15

    hi K909, the eng rpm auto-decel is not that important. to make it proper it will cost you quite a bit. you can control the engine rpm manually. your throttle is cable control anyways. you are better off putting the money into ensuring that the mechatro-controller is fully operating as it should. make sure that all the harnesses are connected. there will be one that is not. this computer is the box fixed to the end of the right hand console. its' function is horse power control. it reads the eng rpm sensor, the throttle potentiometer on the side of the fuel injection pump and based upon the readings will send a mA current to the solenoid on your pump to destroke the swash of the pumps as to remove the load off the engine so not to stall it out. you do not want the hyd pump to run at full stroke under load or it will cause too much force on the pumps rotating groups squashing the piston shoes. these electronics of the machine must be operational or you will risk overloading and destroying the hyd pump you have rebuilt or reman that was purchased. please e-mail me at [email protected] as so i can better help. there are setup procedures i can send you. you should also verify that the hyd pilot (remote) hoses are connected to the proper fitting on the pumps before you start. with the ignition in the "on" position you should be reading with a digital volt meter on the two wires to the solenoid of the pumps 24 vdc. in the right hand console on the side plate, close to the cab floor and just ahead of the computer there should be an access hole. in that hole there is a kpss release switch, with this switch flicked down -> computer control is on. obviously facing up is "off" or "release". release is a limp mode. you never want to run the machine prolonged this way. its too hard on the hyd pumps. cheers!

  53. #53ricko8362010-12-06 12:35

    Kobelco wont start, its a SK130, serial # YPU2331 and it has 4881.5hrs. Our employee messed it up when trying to start it, not sure exactly what they did but I know they used jumper cables and a boost box at the same time, they obviously did something wrong because the boost box back fed or something and it blew apart. It wont start now and all it does is click. Where would be the first place to start?

  54. #54MR. KOBELCO2010-12-06 21:07

    hi ricko836, i just e-mailed some elec schematics for your model and eng type. call me when you've printed them out and when you are at the machine troubleshooting the probelm. if i was you i'd be sure to bring 2 new batteries # 31A-1000 new crimp battery cable ends to clean up your cable connections and ground connections as well as a rebuilt starter. or either have yours taken off and rebuilt. one thing i find both operators and mechanics tend to leave out on their circle checks is that the batteries are a fluid level too. checking fluid and grease points should also include the batteries. out of sight out of mind they get forgotten. when topping a battery top to indicated level, not up the vent holes, plus add distilled water. cheers!

  55. #55Al Q2010-12-07 22:38

    Mr Kobelco knows what's up with these machines! Thanks again Adam!

  56. #56Sripola2010-12-29 12:19

    Hi Mr Kobelco, Hope you can help me with another import headache i've run into. We brought down a 1996 Kobelco SK220-3 and it was working fine, but now when i turn the key i get and error code saying "CPU controller 17". Does this mean the computer is kaput and i need a new one? Also the machine wont even start now, most of the time and and we have to manually hold the throttle open to get it going. Any advise is much appreicated. The serial number is LLU0707 if that helps. Cheers.

  57. #57barnesrl2011-01-05 14:44

    0Hello Mr. Kobelco. Looking for an aftermarket Hydraulic pump for the following. SK200LC Mark IV, SNYQU4414 Kobelco Pump Assy. 2437U389F2 This is the main pump(s) off the rear of the engine. It is a two ? Tandem pump that Kobelco will only sell as a complete unit. Looking for an aftermarket supplier that will sell either the complete pump or the half that I need. A manufacturer of this assy. and part number would also help to see if my hydraulics shop can attempt to rebuild this unit. email [email protected] or a call would be greatly appreciated. 419-513-1106 cell 419-238-4749 Thanks Bob

  58. #58finaldrive2011-01-09 17:33

    Bob, I can help you with that. I stock new complete units, rebuilt units and all the parts you would need to rebuild your current unit. It is a double pump stacked together. The pump is a Kawasaki K3V112DT series. Where do you have it for repair? If you haven't taken it to a hydraulic shop, we can use ours. When it comes to excavator hydraulic pump, we can be the one stop shop for you. Same goes for excavator final drives and swing motors. New, rebuilt, parts to rebuild or repair and return. You can give us a call at 1-800-828-8909 Mon-Fri 7:30-4:00 PDT or I'll try and call you tomorrow. (I have out of town visitors coming in for the week, so it might be tough for me personally to call you) If I'm not available (Todd) ask for Jay.

  59. #59MR. KOBELCO2011-01-13 21:42

    hi Sripola, i have had cpu 17 come up now and then. first check your 5 amp fuses supplying power to the computer. if fuse loosens off you'll get a voltage drop and in some cases the cpu 17 will display. keep me posted.

  60. #60MR. KOBELCO2011-01-13 21:45

    hi barnesrl, your best bets are to try, 1) QUEST HYDRAULICS INC. 2880 HWY. 20 EAST FONTHILL, ON, L0S 1E6 Canada ph: (905) 892-4255 [email protected] http://www.questhydraulics.com/ bob can either sell you a rebuild or rebuild yours 2) H&R Construction Parts & Equipment Inc. 20 Milburn Street Buffalo, NY, 14212 United States BOB WITTMANN ph: (800) 333-0650 ph: (716) 891-4311 Ext. 4138 [email protected] http://www.HRparts.com they offer rebuilds too just let both know that i referred. cheers!

  61. #61K9092011-01-13 21:49

    Thank you very much for your help. ( I haven't logged on here in over a month) We are having the K3V pump completely rebuilt and we should have it back in a week to 10 days. When it warm up some I will e-mail you to make sure that I get the electronics to the solenoid working properly. Again, thanks for volunteering your time and knowledge. Sam

  62. #62Sripola2011-01-16 06:34

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, Thanks for your reply. We basically had an electrician check the CPU and he told us that the CPU was receiving power (mentioned about 2 power inputs to the CPU) and he opened it up and checked and told us that some parts of the board were not getting power. So took it away, tested it and told us that the board was actually ok apart from a couple of dry joints. Anyways, plugged it in and still get the same error code. So i will try your tip and get back to you. Will get back to youa asap Cheers, Imran

  63. #63Sripola2011-01-16 07:20

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, One more question, would you happen to have the electrical schematics for this machine? Cheers

  64. #64PD Mech Steve2011-01-20 13:55

    FYI Everyone. We have a Kobelco SK220LC-IV that we are parting out. Major fire damage but decent U/C, good finals, swing brg, stick, boom and more. Cummins engine is good as well. Needs some cleaning and few hoses but starts and runs like a champ. If anyone is interested feel free to contact us at: [email protected] or visit our website at: www.pdmechanical.com .

  65. #65fordfairlane2011-01-25 11:44

    Hi MR. Kobelco. We have our problem with our recently bought Kobelco SK200 Mark V from 1996 with 9500 hours. Serialnr: YN19598. It´s some problem with the stepmotor. If you turn the key to ignition you can hear the stepmotor turning and then klicking. If you look at it you can see it pulling in the arm to the pump and then witch a snap return to the starting position over and over again. It can go on for up to 30-40 seconds and then an message saying "error S/PT step motor" appears in the window. After that you can start the machine but the machine is weak in the engine and hydraulics. If you turn the key from off to ignition enough times and let the stepmotor settle in between the stepmotor will eventually just turn and stay where it is supposed to and you can start the machine and it runs like it is supposed to with good power. Problem is you dont want to spend 30 min to an hour turning the ignitionkey on and off once a minute just to get it going. How do I fix this. Is it a problem with the stepmotor or an adjusting thing. The Machine is old and we use it to build roads in the forest so budget solution where we dont have to buy an new stepmotor would be nice Thanks in advance / Samuel from Sweden

  66. #66finaldrive2011-01-25 15:33

    If you do require a new stepping motor, I have brand new units for about half of dealer cost. I can't troubleshoot the motor like Adam (MR KOBELCO) can, but I can help save you money on a new unit.

  67. #67jimmymorrisonjr2011-01-25 20:34

    First off, Thank you for all the support Mr. Kobelco. I really appreciate knowing there is support for my 5 Kobelco's. I have actually recieved good manufacturer support for these machines, but I have heard stories of others who have not. As for the stepping motor problems that was recently posted, I would be willing to bet it is a wiring harness issue. I had a friend with a similiar issue, did a pin out and everything seemed fine. I guess those wires can cross talk without a short. I believe there is a shield for the wires to the stepping motor that can go bad. I don't understand it at all, but it proves to be te harness in many cases. Stepping motors don't usually lose calibration for no reason. One more concern is that if it is the harness you can ruin a controller by running it that way. Oh, not to carry on, but there is a position switch that tells the computer the stepping motor is at the end of it's travel, make sure that is working. Hope I haven't made it worse.

  68. #68fordfairlane2011-01-26 11:08

    Thanks for the advice jimmymorrisonjr. I will check the positionswitch and the harness for any visible damage tomorrow

  69. #69Sripola2011-01-29 07:55

    Hi guys, Just to let you know we found the issue with our 220-3, turns out a harness was damaged and anyways repaired it and machines a good un! Cant believe we spent nearly a month scratching our heads and even took apart the computer because of the error codes we were getting

  70. #70wsw2011-01-29 11:59

    Wow man you seem like a really good guy and knowledgable too I will keep you in mind as I ocaisionally work on Kobelco's

  71. #71pastor2011-01-29 17:13

    Hello sir, My father in law and I purchased a Kobelco sk120 mk v series III excavator. We think it is a grey market machine. He is very good at working on machines and has rebuilt cat bulldozers, but this our first excavator. We have had some problems however. When we turn on the machine, the travel sensor (right) comes on, and we know it's because the previous owner detached the sensor from the block for some reason, but we'll replace it in short order. However, the motor will run for about an hour, then the P1 sensor will come on, the engine will shut down, and then it's impossible to start again. We switched the sensors and the P1 shut code disappeared. Then we had to prime the system by bleeding out the air from the fuel injector pump and then opened a line at an injector until we had fuel and then, and only then, did it start. Then it ran fine. We shut it down because it was late. Next morning we started up and it ran fine. Then after an hour, there was a rattle in one of the hydraulic lines on the boom, then the engine cut back, the P2 sensor turned on, and we shut it down. I changed the sensors, (to shut off the P codes, which worked) and bled air out of the fuel injector pump again, but it would not start. It seems to suck air into the fuel lines somehow. It's a mystery. Anyone have any ideas? Is the computer shutting us down? Is it losing fuel pressure when it worked beautifully for an hour? There are other problems, we'll get to them, but having a reliable start is first and foremost. Thanks

  72. #72MR. KOBELCO2011-01-30 12:49

    hi pastor, mark v is a grey market i can likely help find your problem but i will need your ser# and also engine mfg & model plus a digital picture of inside your cab of switches and cab monitor display please e-mail me this info i have requested to [email protected] cheers!

  73. #73MR. KOBELCO2011-01-30 13:06

    hi fordfairlane, sounds to me it can be needing an adjustment and/or the ball joints on the rod are seizing up, can also be the wiring to the limit switch for the computer sensing the stepper motor starting point and off point maybe shorted or a break in the wire. the stepper motor limit switch is the one harness in the shape of a triangle. the kobelco only uses 2 of the 3 wires. kobelco electrical schematics reference the wires of the kobelco harness only by colour and such and not the wiring of said component. i can likely help, i will need a digital picture of inside the cab, switches, buttons and cab display monitor, also the engine mfg & model and a picture of your stepper motor which should include the mechanical linkage hookups. e-mail to [email protected] please note: do NOT force stepper motor linkage with ignition switch on powering up machine for you will burn out the computer. cheers adam.

  74. #74Sandis Dad2011-02-02 18:09

    We recently bought a Kobelco SK 30UR at an auction. It's a great looking machine but we need Owners/Users manals and maybe parts list. Everyone that we have contacted say it is a "gray market" machine and no one has any info on it. What is the difference between the SR and UR? Not sure what type hydraulic fluid to use. We aren't sure where to find the SN (most everything is in Japanese), the only number we found so far that we recognize is: PR00991. Any help is appreciated.

  75. #75fordfairlane2011-02-02 18:52

    Hi MR.Kobelco. We searched the machine today for broken cables and found that the four cables going from the stepmotor was once cut off and the original harnesscoupling removed and replaced with tape. Has been some problems here before we bought the machine?? We remade the connection with new couplings . I didn.t help so we took the stepmotor out and opened the lid to the microswitch. It seemed to be broken cause it didn´t make a circuit when you depressed the button and measured it with a multimeter. Luckily we had a new microswitch at the garage which was basically the exact same component but different color. We replaced it and going to try the stepmotor in the machine tomorrow. Hope this was the problem otherwise I´ll be back with pictures and the info you requested before. Also I had a question regarding the Powerboost in the right handle. When holding it down it doesn´t seem to make the machine any stronger. It gets slow almost "locked" in the movement and weaker in the hydraulics. Could this also be related to the stepmotorproblem? I have managed just fine with the power already in the machine but if the function is there it would be great if it worked. Any suggestions?? / Thanks in advance. Samuel Steen

  76. #76fordfairlane2011-02-03 15:32

    Today we put the stepmotor back in the machine with the replaced limit microswitch. It worked out almost perfect. Stepmotor finds the starting position right away The engine rpms though seems to have raised 100-150 revs in all three diggingmodes H S FC aswell as idle from before we took the stepmotor out and from what the shopmanual recommends. I dont think this is a big problem if you just dont pull the lever all the way back to full but check the rpms instead to keep from overreving. Unless this is affecting other stuff like hydraulic pumps and such. If it is a problem then we have to adjust it in some way. Im looking forward to trying the machine out in some heavy digging again to see if this has had other positive effects on the machine performance

  77. #77MR. KOBELCO2011-02-10 20:45

    hi, most of the UR i have seen have the offset boom. the serial number likely is the PR-00991 for a parts cat and operators manual try contacting Leonard over at Farmers Equip http://www.farmersequip.com/lynden-location.htm he would be the best bet to purchase these catalogs in english language. once you have a parts cat if i cannot help with parts he likely could. cheers! adam.

  78. #78MR. KOBELCO2011-02-10 20:57

    hi, the stepper motor has to be adjusted correctly and a computer adjustment procedure followed. this will all have to do with the machine horsepower control by the controller cpu. as far as the power boost, yes the machine hydraulics will slow down but the hydr pressure should rise. this is if the main relief has been set right and the psv solenoid works as should. power boost button on the joystick is for momentary use only, for increased bucket breakout force. the heavylift switch is for longer use when craning holding up a heavy load once lifted. both buttons cut the pumps flow and raise the hydr system pressure. if i get pictures i will have an idea of your cab, switches, engine and stepper motor i can send you a generic adjustment procedure to follow. it should work for you. cheers! adam.

  79. #79ltlewade172011-02-13 21:00

    Mr. Kobelco I have a SK030-2, I love the machine, but hate the cost of parts in my area. I need an igintion switch which the dealer wants $163.00(US) and a sight glass $64.00 and suggestions, the next closest dealer was half the price but said he couldnt ship them to me because it was not his area. I really dont want to use a differant kind of switch, and redo a bunch of wiring but for those prices I might just check the Hyd. oil by unbolting the top and rewire the switch

  80. #80ltlewade172011-02-13 21:07

    and I cannot ebay or google anything for this model. I bought it for $6000 and these are the only things wrong with it so far so I still got a deal but I just dont want to have to pay that much for basic items. I have the shop manual and the parts book online the part # is YN50S00029F1 for the switch and PV58S00001P1 for the sight glass any help would be awsome. I would not be opposed to buying a CAT switch if I knew they were setup the same

  81. #81ltlewade172011-02-13 21:15

    I love my SK030-2 It is just very very hard for me to get parts, what is the year on it I have a service man. in english for up to 1997, I think. If ours is the same, I can try to copy it for you.

  82. #82ltlewade172011-02-13 21:18

    most of the parts catalogs are right on the Kobelco website under parts too.

  83. #83mtnrider2011-02-14 18:39

    Kolbelco SK120LC MKIV Two Speed Control Issues I have a Kobelco SK120LC MKIV YPU-1087. I can hear the two speed travel control relay clicking when I throw the speed toggle, but it stays in high travel speed. It does go to low speed on uphill travel but not when I throw the switch, making delicate movements difficult and dangerous. If you have any info where the actual hydraulic and solenoid valve is located that would be a great help. Many thanks.

  84. #84FarmerAlex2011-02-17 07:05

    Gday all, i'm looking for a mini X in the 3.5 - 4.5 ton range and came across the SK35SR-1 its a very neat looking unit. I was wondering if anyone can give the lowdown on these units and how successful they are? Any info would be very much appreciated cheers alex

  85. #85MR. KOBELCO2011-02-17 10:18

    hi ltlewade17, first off need to confirm 100% by your serial number. ser# PW-0#### ???? so far, the correct ignition switch part number should be PV50S00001F1, suggested canadian list of $ 186.59 the hyd tank oil level sight gauge assy. is the PV58S00001P1, suggested canadian list of $ 56.87. cheers!

  86. #86MR. KOBELCO2011-02-17 10:47

    hi mtnrider, the 2-speed solenoid is located underneath the cab, second panel back from the front of the cab, the manifold is mounted against the side frame rail. it contains 2 solenoids, the one towards the counterweight is the 2-speed, the other to front of cab is the safety lever lock. part# 2436U1453S11. our price is $ 497.55 canadian. the ohms of solenoid 13.5 ohms up to max. 30 ohms. i have sent you an e-mail also of the parts print outs. in document1.pdf - see " H " cheers! adam.

  87. #87ltlewade172011-02-17 11:24

    Do you think I can re-wire it with a 4 post key switch, and a seperate push button switch for the pre-heater? What other systems might doing something like this effect? Could I just use a CAT five post switch instead I found a few on EBay for $5.00-$20.00. And I know that the sight glass comprises of Banjo bolts going to that plastic piece, can I use compression fittings with clear air brake tubing instead?

  88. #88MR. KOBELCO2011-02-17 22:13

    hi, we have sold quite a few, other than the routine maintenance, if has a cab, the cab door locking mechanism uses plastic clips, up here in canada where it gets quite cold they become brittle and brake. no biggie for the replacement clips have been re-engineered to solve this issue. one more comes to mind, with a cab (again) the air cond unit's receiver dryer (if attached) rigidly by hard plumbed, there is a short line which can fracture. this is now replaced with an a/c hose. cheers!

  89. #89randylil2011-03-03 10:08

    I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III excavator, model number LE16073, that was burnt in a fire & I have redone the pilot lines etc on the machine. I am having some trouble with it. Right now the right hand track will not travel unless the left hand one is going at the same time or the boom or bucket has to be moving in order for the left hand track to move. I also have no power on the arm (it will not push or pull). The whole machine moves very slow. But I have had it working, the track stopped working just the other day. If anybody can help me it would much appreciated. I don't know if you e-mail but my e-mail is [email protected] . Thank you.

  90. #90randylil2011-03-03 11:53

    Hi Mr Kobelco I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III serial # LE 16073. The right hand travel is very slow to nonexistant except when operating any other function then it turns on and goes. It will work in a straight line forward or backward only when using the left hand travel. It first started with a "lockout" of all functions when using the left hand travel (except for right hand travel) nothing else will work. This machine was totaled in a fire but everything has been rebuilt or replaced along with being rehosed. I have 300 psi of pilot pressure to the travel that doesn't work right. But I must be bypassing somewhere untill I use another function. I have checked all check balls, screens, changed filters and swapped relief valves, but it never changes, maybe for the first 5 minutes or so it will work fine and then it starts to act up and not work right. If you let the machine sit for 10 minutes it will start working all right for another 5 minutes and then goes right back to messing up. The bucket and arm do not have any power either. They won't even push over a snow bank. My e-mail is [email protected] if you need to e-mail me. If you could please help me it would be much appreciated.

  91. #91Bert3042011-03-04 09:32

    Hello Everyone I have a Kobelco Acera Super Version SK200 (Grey market) and it had a fire when someone set the magnet down on the ground before turning it off. I wrote Mr. Kobelco an email but would like any suggestions on where to get wire schematics and Hydraulic schematics for the machine. The problem I am trying to fix right now is the wires to the alt were burnt off. I put a different alt in but can not figure out where the wires go? Does anyone have a pic or something to help? Thanks

  92. #92LACHAU2011-03-04 12:09

    Hi Bert304, Your KOBELCO 's same like this?? If yes. I give you the electric diagram of it http://www.mediafire.com/?wqsisxc8bkyww4i

  93. #93LACHAU2011-03-04 12:11
  94. #94LACHAU2011-03-04 12:14

    your kobelco 's same like this ?? If yes. I give you the electric diagram of it. http://www.mediafire.com/?wqsisxc8bkyww4i

  95. #95Bert3042011-03-04 13:01

    Thank you My mechanic is reviewing it and it might be the correct one. Could you send me a picture of the Altenator for the wire connections.

  96. #96Bert3042011-03-04 15:33

    Acera vs. Mark 5 Sorry the schematics did not match up. I guess there is a difference between the Acera and the Mark 5. This is an Acera machine which I would guess is older. If anyone that has an Acera SK200 can take a picture of the wires on the Alternator and post it. The wires that we are not sure about is the 3 small wires for the plug on the side near the positive cable attachment bolt

  97. #97Marksan2011-03-06 06:10

    l had packing issues in my wrist cylinder and have had it repacked. However, i noticed when i had the hoses uncoupled and fired up the engine it was running oil out of both hoses to the wrist cylinder, which i dont think is supposed to happen. Now (hoses reconnected) when i curl the bucket up to the stick with the stick in a vertical postion it stays there (before it would creep down). When i push the bucket out it will not stay there it will creep down to a neutral postion (in a postion the bucket would hang with no cylinder) in about 20-25 secs. Has some crud, stuck something open? lve got no clue where to start the hunt!

  98. #98753 Bobcat2011-03-14 17:21

    kobelco sk135sr 2001 hello this is new to me i am based in the UK and have an SK135SR (2001) it is suffering from lack of power (speed?) we have an SK70SR that we had new and this is much faster in operation i had the main relief valve replaced and the main pressures are up to scratch the pumps sound noisy when under load it used to have an extending dipper on it which i swapped back to standard some one has put a tapping into the round blank cover on top of the hydraulic tank which is capped off the machine is slow in most operations just had the engine rebuilt due to water damage (not linked) and it runs as new i did read the thread on re-lapping the relief valve seat??? please can you point me in the right direction many thanks

  99. #99GaryHoff2011-03-14 23:56

    how many hours are on your machine?? Please better describe the lack of power. (is it not able to lift as much as before, is the boom or stick slow in opperation, is either track (or both) slow, or lacking power?) Start by checking your hydraulic filter and the suction screen (in the hydraulic tank) for and brass or metal debris. If significant amounts are found, there may be a faulty pump. (since you said the pumps were noisy) If no significant amounts are noticed, you may have a faulty psv valve (located on top of the pumps) This may be more likely, as you stated that you were getting full pressures. Can you tell me what pressures you were reading, and for what functions? What is your pilot pressure at? Are you getting full pilot pressure to the main contol valve? (there are screens in the fittings for the pilot controls that may be plugged) Were you reading your pressures from the diagnostic screen? More information is requried for a proper diagnosis.

  100. #100randylil2011-03-18 11:52

    Hey everyone. I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III serial # LE 16073. I am looking for the pressure schematics for the machine and where to check the pressures. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

  101. #101Oregon logger2011-03-19 22:46

    I have a 2005 sk330 kobelco log loader, the travel is working fine but the rest of my functions are very slow and will barely move, any suggestions?

  102. #102Oregon logger2011-03-19 23:22

    hello MR kobelco, I have a sk330lc log loader, a 2005 dynamic acrea. the travel is working fine but the rest of my functions are sluggish and will barely move. any suggestions?

  103. #103LACHAU2011-03-20 03:07

    Hi dear

  104. #104LACHAU2011-03-20 03:11

    Hi RANDYLIL, You can download the SERVICE MAN HAND BOOK of your machine, all your need and more at below link. IT'S HERE

  105. #105MR. KOBELCO2011-03-20 10:52

    hi oregonlogger, please provide you ser# YC06/YC07 ? i will suggest that you call me when you are at the machine and sitting in the cab seat. there are various maintenance check screens that i can get you into and with you as my eyes, with some luck we can pin-point your problem. now unfortunately i am off to Vegas tomorrow night for the CONEXPO. if you can it would be quicker and easier for you to deal with this tomorrow morning first thing or else i'll be harder to get hold of and pressed to find time to get back to you. call me at home ph: 1-905-697-9626 thx adam

  106. #106wsw2011-03-20 11:16

    The initial lower cost of buying these mchines never seems to pay off in the end

  107. #107Marksan2011-03-21 11:54

    A fascile observation and complete Bollocks at that. Are you going to substanciate that, or are you just bored?

  108. #108wsw2011-03-21 18:52

    have you ever had downtime? have you ever bought parts?

  109. #109erik17272011-03-22 21:07

    i hone kobelco sk025 1998 #pv04721 what kind is the main pump, were can i get internal parts; the right track as no power so is the boom; so i figure exit 1 is the probleme the rest works find

  110. #110vindeez2011-03-24 20:57

    I have a Kobelco SK45, the hydraulics seem to be a little slow and under powered. There are 2 cylinoids mounted on the main pump, each with a pigtail with wire colors of red and black. There is nothing hooked up to the pigtails, and i cant seem to find the other ends in the harness. Could this be the cause of my slow and week hydraulics? I am looking for any type of parts maual or service manual, my serial number starts with a PY and from talking to my dealer, it is a Japanese machine and they would not help me with any info. I dont believe it is the SR model. Any help, in any direction, would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

  111. #111LACHAU2011-03-26 06:54

    Hi Adam, Could you take some photos of the new series of KOBELCO excavator at CONEXPO? How about the brochure of them, could you send the brochure to my mail: [email protected] . Your infomation is greatly appreciate.

  112. #112erik17272011-03-26 22:12

    ok i did rebuild the pump myself everyting back to normal power and all................ 2,5hrs only RnR

  113. #113Matt_H2011-03-27 13:04

    I would start a new thread but it won't let me, but I'm looking for opinions on the 2010 sk210 local deal has a goverement rent return with 470hrs on it full load machine. I'm not familar with these machines at all but the price is right at 130,000cdn let me know what you think.

  114. #114MR. KOBELCO2011-03-29 22:47

    the kobelco sk210 model is known as the machine that put kobelco on the map... the sk210 is virtually bullet proof... advise of the ser# yq09-u#### by e-mail @ [email protected] you want to make sure it is not a grey market machine or something. i can run the serial number for you. other than routine maintenance, using the proper fluids & filters and changing them at the recommended intervals you should have little probelms - can put an easy 5,000 - 6,000 hours on her cheers!

  115. #115MR. KOBELCO2011-03-29 22:54

    hi, if you advise the model with added description such as super version, -6es, mark ?, acera, beetle, etc... and the complete ser# and e-mail me pictures of your machine esp. the hyd pump compartment i might be able to help you with this e-mail: [email protected]

  116. #116MR. KOBELCO2011-03-29 22:56

    hi, please advise me of all manufacturers tag info on pump make, model, ser#, etc... and i can look into parts availability for you cheers!

  117. #117MR. KOBELCO2011-03-29 23:00

    as i stated before, please give me a call at work - 905-888-9070 and introduce yourself. my name is adam. i am the parts & service mgr. and if you already know that - please do let me know what it is that is exactly bugging you? life is way too short to allow things to fester!

  118. #118CNY-farmkid2011-04-01 23:53

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, a newbie, bought a SK025 # PV05244 for my hobby farm (Toy) and having hydraulic power problems and could use your assistance. Boom raises and sets with power, Bucket curls with Power. Drawing the dipper in and rotating are both very weak. blade has no down pressure and track power is better right side than left but not what i would call 100%. during rabbit travel, to lift the boom stops travel and neither function really operates. while drawing dipper in, if you also joystick to pivot on turet, dipper has a little more power but not much. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

  119. #119ben46a2011-04-02 13:11

    P2633 Service code in a 2008 SK485. Any clue to what it represents, none of our books have that particular code in it. All oils and fluid levels up to snuff.

  120. #120MR. KOBELCO2011-04-04 19:45

    i found info. i'll e-mail it over. cheers!

  121. #121CNY-farmkid2011-04-04 22:37

    Kobelco SK 025 Hydraulic issues Mr. Kobelco et al, I also wanted to share some info! I was not able to find the BSPP fitting Sunday while testing so i had a 1/4 ORB to 1/4 NPT hose built to test the main reliefs. while testing, i discovered P1 near 2900 at max PSI (Near the 210 kgf/cm2) while P2 read 700 psi cold and would drop to 500 after operation. interesting enough P2 runs the Left Travel (Weak) , Arm (no Power) and swing. P3 runs the Slew and Dozer and i found even less there. 500 PSI cold to 250 warm. The Dozer is on Spool 1 and the Arm is on Spool 4. the dozer is manual while the arm is pilot. the only connecting feature of these to units is a leak in the Valve Body. for kicks!!! while operating the arm at full out i noticed the valve body jumping/splitting a very small amount. saw fluid get suck in between and show back up after i let off. i grabbed a 13mm wrench and tightened the entire valve body assembly together (4 bolts that hold it all together and poof! all fixed. full pressures at mains. the fluid had to be bypassing to the return. Thank You ADAM! your help has been greatly appreciated. i will be in contact soon for maintanence to keep the old girl running! as a new owner... it is very rewarding to find someone willing to help with professionalism. a week ago i purchase this machine toungue and cheek as i knew there was a hydraulic issue. i have never operated an excavator and now i have a greater appreciation for the hydraulic system! Thanks again. i hope others find this information helpful on their machines.

  122. #122MSE2011-04-10 10:15

    I have an SK120 (engine & pump compartment on side instead of rear top access) and I have started to pull the engine and have come to a dead end in how to separate the pump from the engine. I can't really get to the pto assembly. Do the setscrews in the hub really hold the shaft on the pump in place, or am is the friction between the pump and 'bracket' or 'bellhousing' just something to be overcome?

  123. #123willie592011-04-10 10:52

    Welcome to the forum MSE. What series SK120, Mark III, IV, or V? What serial number?

  124. #124MSE2011-04-10 13:39

    Pretty sure it's a Mark V S/N LP-15xxx

  125. #125willie592011-04-10 19:23

    Kinda hard to picture the disassembled drive coupler, as it's shown assembled in the parts drawing, but it does come apart. Hub #2-2 is secured on pump shaft with set screws 2-5. Then the three aluminum blocks that the socket head cap screw 2-4 fit into are fitted to hub 2-2, and secured with 2-4 cap screws. Three items 2-7 are fitted to flywheel and secured by 2-3 cap screw. The rubber elastomer does not have a number on the drawing, but is the material pictured between 2-7 and the aluminum blocks secured by cap screws 2-4. This assembly does simply slip apart, but over time they do tend to get deformed from torque load of engine driving the hyd pump. I've had to put some good prying pressure on flywheel housing cover to get the assembly to come apart.

  126. #126C & C Con2011-04-11 14:39

    I have an sk 150 that will start but stalls with in seconds. changed filters and get same results. any ideas ?

  127. #127drzach2011-04-11 15:30

    hi i have a kobelco mini excavator sk30ur and want to change hydraulic oil .can anyone advice .not much room . thx

  128. #128MR. KOBELCO2011-04-11 20:25

    hi, SK150LC III, or SK150LC IV. what is the serial number? which engine Mitsubishi or Cummins?

  129. #129MR. KOBELCO2011-04-11 20:32

    hi, one thing you need to do is to try to get as much hydr oil back into the tank as possible. if you are able, have the boom streched right out hiding the chrome on all the cylinders, get the boom down as well even into a hole. be sure to relieve the pressure off the hydr tank before opening the lid (if tank is pressurised) most are. make sure to clean the bottom of the hyd tank too. wipe up the sediment. using lint free cloths. what advice are you wanting exactly? which is the recommended oil to use? the hydr oil should be of mobile use recommended for outdoor use and a HVI (high viscosity index) if you let me know whom you use such as Texaco, Shell, Exxon, etc... i can provide the name. cheers!

  130. #130C & C Con2011-04-11 20:36

    sk150lcIV with cummins. I will get ser # when on site tommorrow

  131. #131MR. KOBELCO2011-04-11 21:00

    i will also need to know what type of fuel inj pump. rotary style or in-line?

  132. #132HappyDigger2011-04-12 18:11

    Hi All Can anyone point me in the direction of an Kobelco aftermarket vendor in the UK or Europe? Thanks in advance Happy Digger

  133. #133grandkobelco2011-04-14 06:34

    I think mr kobelco is going in the right direction. if you have a inline inj pump the "pull, run" soliniod may be bad. These mount between the inj pump and the block. It looks bad but they can be changed.

  134. #134tehlab2011-04-15 02:45

    sk330lc-6f yc07 Hello everyone, I need a scheme for sk330-lc serialno.yc07 02884-2003years. The display I have error "I2 batery relay. Not have automatically throttle, I checked batery relay and it works. I checked all the wires that give the information to work. If someone has an idea how to solve the problem thanks in advance. my email is: [email protected]

  135. #135mgirard2011-04-16 13:06

    Hi, I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Kobelco sk210, but the controls are opposite to what my other machines have; the boom is on the left and the stick on the right. Is it possible to switch this, and if so, how? Thanks

  136. #136MSE2011-04-16 18:17

    2-7 is actually one piece. With the hopes of the shaft 'slipping' out, the rubber (2-7) is giving up the fight. I'm seeing that 2/7 should slip off of 2-3 as they are attached to the flywheel. Any suggestions, or should I break out the wd-40 and let it soak?

  137. #137MSE2011-04-16 18:20

    2-7 is actually one piece. With the hopes of the shaft 'slipping' out, the rubber (2-7) is giving up the fight. I'm seeing that 2/7 should slip off of 2-3 as they are attached to the flywheel. Any suggestions, or should I break out the wd-40 and let it soak?

  138. #138willie592011-04-16 21:30

    You may be right, part #2-3 may simply be studs that #2-7 slips onto, it may well be stuck. But that's the only way it's going to come apart as the hub should be locked to pump shaft with the set screws. If you can't get it to slip off, you just might have to destroy the rubber elastomer and replace the drive coupling. Stuff like that happens.

  139. #139anestg2011-04-17 12:05

    1996 MKIV sn0002739 Gauge cluster display months ago began to 'reset' while running. By 'reset' I mean the Screen would go blank, sound toned with three tones then the screen would reset with the word "OK" in the display along with the temperature and fuel 'column bars' maxing out. All the while the machine continued to operate. Months ago this would happen infrequently, like 2 or 3 times per day. With time this same combination of resetting, sounds and temperature/fuel column bars maxing out became more frequent until now the gauge cluster display is not working. At the suggestion of the Kobelco dealer I've checked the harness wiring where it rubs on the trays for the computer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks

  140. #140MR. KOBELCO2011-04-17 18:02

    hi, please provide your model and proper serial number. i do not have much to go on without knowing your exact machine. thanks.

  141. #141MR. KOBELCO2011-04-17 18:06

    it is easy to switch the controls over. if has no pattern changer then you will switch the pilot hoses at the pilot sensor manifold located behind the cab under the compartment floor panel/cover. do not let swing away from you or will brake sensors. you switch the hoses closest to you. se-3 with se-7 & se-4 with se-8. cheers!

  142. #142anestg2011-04-18 01:32

    My apologies for not including what you so clearly ask for. 1996 MKIV 200 LC sn SN SNYQU2739

  143. #143anestg2011-04-19 19:02

    Gauge cluster not working 1996 MKIV 200 LC SNYQU2739 noticed today that in addition to the temperature, fuel gauge, and travel speeds the hour meter is not working either. The only thing working is the auto accel light.

  144. #144MR. KOBELCO2011-04-19 19:40

    hi, it sounds to me that likely the gauge cluster display itself has failed. slim chance can be possible that the C-2 gauge cluster controller (display computer) has failed instead. c-2 is the control of the "idiot" lights, alarms, fault codes, warning sounding buzzer... this c-2 controller computer is located behind the cab seat underneath the console. the frame under the plastic covering unbolts to remove to access. along the corners and the front portion. the c-2 controller is on the tier shelf 2nd one down to the back right. the part numbers are * YN59S00027F1, GAUGE CLUSTER DISPLAY, LIST PRICE $ 1,991.23 CDN ( stock @ kobelco parts depot usa ) * 2480U371F4, C-2 GAUGE CLUSTER DISPLAY CONTROLLER $ 2,419.94 CDN ( stocked part on our shelf ) now do not fret...i have had some luck fixing them at times, an avenue you may want to consider? to save you diagnose time, the display is the same in basically all the kobelco mark iv models...do you know a friend that you can plug in yours to see if it works or not? do you have an electrical schematic on your model or checking wiring blindly? if you e-mail me i can reply with tech info [email protected]

  145. #145Kobe1302011-04-21 14:38

    Kobelco SK130LC Hello Mr Kobelco et al, I have just taken delivery of a Kobelco SK130LC. Serial #YPU 2328. It's marked with a Dynamic Acera decal but I cannot find out much info on what this meant for this machine. It does not appear to have a computer in it just a lot of relays. So this is more related to hydraulics controls I guess? This machine is in nice shape (5500 engine hours showing) but needs the usual stuff such as hoses which I'll be pleased to replace. However, I have a new 42" bucket with a monster thumb from Bodine to go on it. Now considering the weight I was wondering if thoughtful people ever add to the counter weight to balance the new extra weight on the end of the dipper stick? The bucket/thumb weighs in at 1,800 lbs. The thumb is 800 lbs plus cylinder. Anybody? Thank you from Winnipeg, MB, CA.

  146. #146MR. KOBELCO2011-04-21 22:01

    hi, year: 1998 KOBELCO SK130LC IV (MARK 4) the " U " in the ser# means usa built at the plant in Calhoun, Georgia. this was a Hertz Equipment Rental owned unit. if you open the cover of the display and remove the plate a hidden digit would be revealled under showing whether or not the hour meter has clocked over 10,000 hours. its not a dynamic acera generally the standard bucket would be a 36", 0.75 cu. yd. if 42", 0.875 cu. yd. usually a 42" or 48" would be a ditching bucket. if you provide your e-mail address i can send you some more info. [email protected] cheers! Adam.

  147. #147Kobe1302011-04-24 22:39

    Thanks Adam. This might be good place to let other buyers know that some sellers will put false decals on a machine for sale to make it seem a better deal than it is. I have seen other mark 4 lookalikes with the same Dynamic Acera decals. No surprise I guess. That said my new toy has only 05547.6 hours on it seems low for a Hertz rental machine. I might say that Kobelco must build em pretty tough as I haven't found a single crack - yet although the bucket was a shambles (rentals probably take more of a beating). Kobelco sent me a manual for the SK120LC - it appears the same do you know what the difference was? Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

  148. #148MR. KOBELCO2011-04-28 23:04

    for the gentleman that was looking for the electrical schematics on a kobelco 50sr compact exc, i must apologise. you caught me at a very busy time, my time has been quite limited at work lately. getting hard to keep my head straight - bit stressed i think too. anyhow, i may have come across wrong with you, i was not meaning to blow you off... that day i had way too many notes flying around the office i was afraid to lose anybody, notes, phone calls, it was a little much... i just required a bit of help to help you... i have been checking my e-mail for the info i told you to supply me, as of yet i have not gotten the e-mail. so i just want to make sure you have it right, my best e-mail is " [email protected] " please send your contact info., model of kobelco, serial number of machine ( PJ0#-##### ) as well as your symptoms or tech info you requested. i'll be sure to get on it right away. thanks and once again sorry.

  149. #149Jantore2011-05-01 11:35

    Is there someone who knows a good place to buy parts to my kobleco sk75ur? I have broken the cab glass...

  150. #150wrench232011-05-01 14:57

    hello new here question is i have a kobelco 150 stick cylender needs rebuilt replaced metal shavings in it causing it to bypass cost vs time and never have done it before dealer wants 6000 for new cyl and 500 for the kit

  151. #151demo2011-05-01 20:18

    call macs jack service in point breeze, i believe there on putnum st. off of hamilton ave. they have done lots of cylinder work for me.. hope this helps

  152. #152MR. KOBELCO2011-05-02 09:22

    is the sk75ur considered grey market in your region? if not your nearest kobelco dealer should be able to quote you P&A if you provide your serial number and the glass descriptions i can look up the part numbers please include e-mail for i can scan parts cat pages and send along. cheers! [email protected]

  153. #153ricko8362011-05-03 11:02

    Where is a good place to buy manuals for Kobelco's? Our manual seems to be lost for our SK130. Also want to switch our controls to match our Komatsu 27MR, any diagrams handy for this kind of swap? Also to shut off the machine we have to pull a clothes hanger out on the back of it to shut it off, haha, I know pathetic, but we bought it this way. How is it supposed to be? Serial YPU2331 Thanks Ricky

  154. #154shinigamix2x2011-05-03 13:27

    Kobelco SK210 (YQ08) Dynamic Acera Need Info: "Swing Brake" error on screen What could be the cause/s for this problem? Thanks, Mohan.

  155. #155MR. KOBELCO2011-05-03 17:25

    hi, swing brake solenoid ? swing brake release ? likely swing brake solenoid, the swing brake solenoid has failed and will require replacing asap! do not use machine for when you swing and dig the hyd swing motor brake will not be releasing and end up costing you more money. the solenoid is located in behind the cab under the compartment floor panel. remove panel carefully as so it does not swing away from your control or you may possibly snap off any one of the pilot sensors underneath. the solenoid is the one to the far end of the block nearest the center of the machine. part# YB35V00006F1 new number # YN35V00051F1 cheers!

  156. #156shinigamix2x2011-05-03 18:26

    Thank you so much Mr. Kobelco, your information is priceless as usual. Well i've taken your advice but i'm going to swap solenoid from another 210 that's down at the moment for tomorrow, i'll update on this post by then.

  157. #157MR. KOBELCO2011-05-03 20:41

    if both machines are of the same generation you can, but please note, the swing brake solenoid is one of a kind unique to this circuit and is different from the other seven solenoids. cheers!

  158. #158MR. KOBELCO2011-05-03 21:04

    hi ricky, i just e-mailed a file to you on switching controls from cat over to jd. please take a digital pic of your fuel injection pump and surrounding area for visual of type of inj pump and throttle control. some of the cummins engines came with rotary style fuel inj pumps others later with the inline fuel inj pump the engine shut-down control to stop the fuel is handles different cheers!

  159. #159shinigamix2x2011-05-04 11:11

    Yes sir, they're both identical (S/N, Year etc.) Well the bad solenoid have been replaced and the error screen is no more, now i'll have to purchase another solenoid for my other SK210 // "YN35V00051F1" - can you qoute me a price on this solenoid? I've checked the online catalog at the Kobelco website under GS Equipment - $671.49. Wow this thing is expensive. If u can supply at a cheaper price let me know.

  160. #160MR. KOBELCO2011-05-04 12:12

    hi, that price sounds about right. they are not cheap, but do keep in mind that swing brake solenoid is constantly cycling many times a day when swinging and arming in while digging. it is usually the first one to fail before the level lock solenoid does. by the way the lever lock solenoid will not display a fault code, only one that does not, why was it was not programmmed to do so. as far as price it would be cheaper for you to purchase from them. cheers!

  161. #161shinigamix2x2011-05-06 08:55

    Good day everyone, Does anyone have any excavator training materials or manuals (pdf) to share, not for any partiular model but preferably the mid-size to full size excavators. I'm new at these things and only know the basic operations of the excavator. Would like to learn more in-depth of the components (RAM, Pumps, Undercarraige, etc.) Just want to educate myself to keep up with the company excavator operators and technicians. Thanks, Mohan.

  162. #162Kobe1302011-05-07 01:17

    lso

  163. #163Kobe1302011-05-07 01:28

    To the question about Kobelco manuals I recently ordered the operators and service manual for the SK130 lc from Kobelco America - they are still available and are not too bad for price ($60 and $240 respectively). You sometimes have to read between the lines as they appear to originally have written in Japanese. One thing I could not find in the service manual was the slewing bearing tolerance for the SK 130lc. I wonder if anybody has this spec (Adam?)? This is an interesting question as the new replacement bearing from SKF is about $10,000. Pricey. Thx.

  164. #164wrench232011-05-08 14:50

    hello i need to buy a sk 150 stick cylender local dealer wants 6000 new looking for used or rebuilt will ship or pick up please help operations manager is not doing job so i have to spend weekends looking for my own parts any help will be helpful

  165. #165grandkobelco2011-05-08 18:22

    Try cook eqiupment in Allegan MI. They have some part out machines in there yard. I was in there a few weeks ago and seen they had a few 150-IV in there. Sorey i dont have there phone # handy.

  166. #166grandkobelco2011-05-08 18:26

    269-673-4545

  167. #167digger1042011-05-11 20:48

    Mr. Kobelco: I would but when I try to post it always says that I'm not allowed.

  168. #168MR. KOBELCO2011-05-11 21:04

    sorry for the delay...e-mail is sent - coming your way. finally found the specs was only in one mark iv shop manual. found that is missing in most others. cheers!

  169. #169MR. KOBELCO2011-05-11 21:06

    hi, just send directly to my e-mail [email protected] thx

  170. #170cheyenne2011-05-13 00:14

    Manuals I love this site & all the help it gives us all.......Thank You....Mr. Kobelco your a life saver........Does anyone know where I can get manuals for a SK045 coupe serial no. PY02469 I believe it to be a grey market machine....Thank You......Cheyenne......:Banghead

  171. #171jack s2011-05-13 01:53

    Hi Mr.Kobelco, Started the machine ( Kobelco SK330-8) with Hino J08 engine and found that there is error code on the machine such as B073, C013,C023 and F033. Can I know what the problem. Thank in advance....

  172. #172shinigamix2x2011-05-13 10:53

    Good day everyone, just thought i'd share this website i've come across while self tutoring myself on hydraulics and maintenance. " http://www.hydraulicsupermarket.com/technical.html " Has some good points and info. Not major advance stuff but a good place to learn basics. Best regards to you all.

  173. #173BERNARD2011-05-13 14:52

    Hi Mr Kobelco I wonder if you can help? Kobelco SK210-6 computer readout ROM DATA FAILURE CPU we are in Ireland and have most unhelpful dealers or perhaps they don't know or are being secretive or I am misjuding them! Thank you for your help

  174. #174DurtyMurty2011-05-13 18:25

    Hi Bernard - Greetings from....Ireland. Sent you a short email Hi shinigamix2x - thanks for useful link

  175. #175MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 20:51

    hi bernard, please include your serial number for the machine. and your e-mail address. send to [email protected] i will kick back info on this code and how you might go about correcting. thx adam.

  176. #176MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 20:54

    hi jack, please e-mail your serial number of machine at [email protected] i will send you info on those codes. thx adam

  177. #177MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 20:59

    hi cheyenne, i can likely provide these. there are various manuals available. operators manual, parts catalog (most are on-line now) https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php shop service repair manual, servicemans handbook, engine manual (if seperate), etc... please send me an e-mail and i'll look into whats available my e-mail is " [email protected] "

  178. #178MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 21:04

    did you receive my e-mail? if you did not please e-mail me at [email protected] and i will resend you this info on the swing bearing specs and tests. cheers!

  179. #179MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 21:06

    hi ricky, i can get you manuals, just advise which ones and i'll quote p&a. thx. adam.

  180. #180MR. KOBELCO2011-05-13 21:25

    hi wrench23, when you say the stick cyl i assume you're talking about the one untop the highest point on boom that moves the arm in and out? just asking not to insult for i have had a few owner operators call the bucket cyl the stick cyl for where it is mounted. why i am responding, and this is for anyone with a mark 3 or mark 4 kobelco. actually any excavator kobelco or not. anytime you have the stick (arm) cyl failure such as this you need to verify one very important piece. the function of the arm regeneration circuit to make sure its working as it should. if not, you will be removing the arm cyl to overhaul in a short 6 months or so, dumping your oil once again, flushing the hyd system, removing the main return lines off the main hyd control valve, back flushing the hyd oil cooler, changing all the hyd filters, return and pilot, etc... a pain... as you know, the arm cyl sits pretty much horizontal most times, if arm cyl sways or gets away from pump flow it caviates opening the anti-cav c/v in the arm port reliefs, drawing in hyd oil from the return side of the main hyd control valve and hyd oil cooler. so all those pieces you did not clean out thoroughly get back into the cyl and as it works scrapes up the bottom side of the barrel and it bypasses once again. in the kobelco mark 3 & 4 models the pilot system manifold was updated to a parker hannafin manifold. says parker right on it. the older original mainfold was no longer used. kobelco did not have to have redeisigned for there was only one error. the one check valve cartdrige, looks the same as the rest is used in a reverse flow spot so the o-ring and backup ring just needed to be reversed on the check valve. i call it check valve 3. as seen in the parts catalog. install a pressure gauge and make sure the arm regen is getting its full intended pilot signal generated by the back pressure created by this check valve. also, if arm regen is working proper a simple check is... at full rpm stretch the arm out, bucket full dump, and then bring rpm of engine to low idle, pull arm in hard, if arm stops at 90 and sways back and forth the arm regen is not okay. needs corrections. therefore, please verfify right away before running the newly rebuilt cyl for too long. sorry rambling on, i am sure you all get the point i am making... cheers!

  181. #181zul692011-05-17 05:56

    Hi Mr Kobelco and all friends, New to this forum. It is good to know that someone is very good on Kobelco is in here. I own a very old Kobelco, Kobelco SK03s and a very old Sumitomo 1000J. So far so good, and nothing went wrong. So now, I have a peace of mind knowing that there are people out here who are very conversant with Kobelco and excavators in general. Thank you so much guys. Zul Malaysia

  182. #182jayalath2011-05-17 07:00

    sk120 kobelco electrical drawing. dear sir. i am eiectrical technican i need to electrical drawing for above meachine reaparing. pleace can you help me.thank you.

  183. #183digger1042011-05-17 10:45

    two speed travel Mr Kobelco: I just received my 1996 SK 120 LC 1V. I see that it has a new gauge set up. By that I mean where the fuel gauge and hour meter and so on is. My question is about the 2 speed travel. When I push the button the rabbit lights up but there is no change in speed. where should I start to look to correct this problem. Also I would like to reverse the boom and the stick control, can you help me out there. Many thanks. Bill.

  184. #184LACHAU2011-05-17 13:27

    Dear Jayalath, You should tell us about Model and serial number of machine let us can send exactly the schematic to you.

  185. #185zul692011-05-17 15:10

    Hello All, Just wonder whether anyone in here has got the repair manual for the Kobelco SK03s? Thanks

  186. #186MR. KOBELCO2011-05-17 16:19

    hi bill, i can help. however, i do require your serial number. YP...? e-mail me at " [email protected] " cheers!

  187. #187MR. KOBELCO2011-05-17 16:23

    hi, same i can likely provide you this but we require your serial number, YP...?

  188. #188MR. KOBELCO2011-05-17 21:05

    here ye go, B073 The swing pressure sensor is abnormal. Disconnection C013 The P1 pump pressure sensor is abnormal. Disconnection C023 The P2 pump pressure sensor is abnormal. Disconnection F033 1-2 Travel Speed solenoid valve is abnormal. Disconnection - output transistor ON breakdown cheers!

  189. #189shinigamix2x2011-05-24 08:00

    330LC: YC06 Dynamic Acera P2 NEGA PON-SENSOR BOOM RAISE BOOM DROP !!!???? ... confusing error messages my operator told me to look up. Can anyone provide any assistance/ information Thanks and best regards, T.Mohan

  190. #190MR. KOBELCO2011-05-24 19:31

    hi, codes are likely the following; P2 NEGA-CON SENSOR, is SE-27 -> on hyd pump 2, furthest from engine sensor is on the hyd pump regulator block, screws into a tee hyd fitting and a hyd pilot hose joins to this tee if you are getting this code you must fix problem immediately! could be a bad wire connection, wire grounding out, or failed sensor. easiest to determine is to swap sensor for p-1 nega-con sensor SE-26 with the p-2 nega-con sensor SE-27 if fault code changes to P1 nega-con your sensor is bad and wiring is okay. if remains p2 nega-con then check your wiring BOOM RAISE PILOT SENSOR BOOM LOWER PILOT SENSOR these pilot sensors are located in the manifold behind the cab in the compartment with the air filter underneath the panel. when removing panel be sure not to allow to drop and swing away from you or you will likely need more sensors for they can get hit and break. boom sensors are SE-1 & SE-2. good luck! cheers!

  191. #191Kobe1302011-05-29 03:36

    On the Cummins 4BT the fuel shutoff solenoid has a red, black and white wire. Does anybody know which is for the pull coil and the hold coil? Is it possible to confirm by taking a resistance reading? Least resistance is highest amperage for pull-in coil? I believe black is ground. I ask because I was so disgusted with the OEM wiring in my recently received SK130 I ripped it all out so I could start from scratch with minimal circuits to avoid problems like electrical fires and bewildering electrical non-functioning functions. Functions like safely operating and stopping engine, lever lock-out and two speed travel. What's with all that wiring - the SK 130 is a great machine but it's not the space shuttle? Also after pouring over the Kobelco service manual I can't positively find the add-on valve which controls the "Extra and Breaker" function Kobelco speaks of, although my Sk130 has the breaker and nibbler option (thanks for the page on explaining the valve settings Adam, I followed them religiously). I wonder if anybody has a picture of the add-on valve they could post so I can identify it on the machine. Could it be the dinky little thing on the control block with 2 wires running to nowhere? I ask because I want to run a thumb continuously without reaching for the (non-existent!) switch which should be there - but isn't. What I would like to do is just permanently have the floor pilot valve "on" so the thumb is just another regular function by allowing continuous flow bypassing the add-on valve. Thanks guys - I appreciate any comments. Brian in Winnipeg

  192. #192willie592011-05-29 09:02

    Black is ground, Red is hold, White is pull. What are you going to connect the white wire to now that the wiring has been pulled out?

  193. #193MR. KOBELCO2011-05-29 21:26

    hi, if you look at the on-line parts cat under the nibbler/breaker sections it'll give you the best idea where all the valves are that pertain to the aux hyd. https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php cheers!

  194. #194juniorengineer2011-05-29 22:41

    Hi Mr. Kebelco, I am here looking for a part catalog of the extracator type: SK 1350, which is an old version of the Kebelco series. Would you mind helping me for such kind of catalog if you have it in your hand. I need it for a urgent repair. Thanks for your kindly help. You can reach me with my email: [email protected]

  195. #195Kobe1302011-05-30 03:10

    Thanks Willie59 and Mr K, I'll connect the fuel solenoid pull lead to the new starter solenoid which is only energized under "start" of course, and the hold lead to the ignition switch "run" for continuous operation. Much appreciated! I understand if the pull lead is connected continuously it'll just burn out the pull in coil in short order. Wouldn't want that. BTW my SK130 came from Woodlawn TN - your neck of the woods. Wonder why Kobelco puts so much of the wiring underneath where it collects every bit of oily debris - maybe cooler there. I guess it doesn't get baked like it does in the engine bay. Thank the Lord for power washers.

  196. #196rippy1542011-06-02 11:16

    Good Afternoon I have a Kobelco sk300lc serial # ycu0670.. It has been sitting for about 6 months due to no work for it but I have a job to do with it so I went and put new batteries in it walked it into the garage to check it over and noticed the battery warning light is on in the gauge cluster. The batteries are brand new and passed a load test and the voltage checked at the battieries and the battery post on the alternator was 27.8 Any ideas Thanks Stephen

  197. #197MR. KOBELCO2011-06-02 18:17

    hi, the first item i would check is at the alternator, there is a white 18 gauge wire with pink stripe attached to one of the posts. make sure you read 24+ vdc at that point. this wire joins to the voltage safety relay and hour meter and the c-2 controller to sense charging. if the c-2 does not sense charging the fault code will display. if you e-mail me at [email protected] i can send you the proper wiring schematic for your machine with the cummins engine. cheers!

  198. #198rippy1542011-06-03 10:17

    I wouldn't have thought a "new" alternator that is only 6 months old would have failed but I guess this is what happens when you skip over the basic's. It is usally always something way more complicated when I have an electrical issue on one of my machines but I lucked out this time. The R post only had 11 Volts (which is the location of the wire you spoke of) so the controller wasn't seeing enough voltage even though the alternator was putting out 27.8 volts. I had a rebuilt alternator on the shelf and now we are up and running Thanks for jarring my head to go back to the basics instead of assuming I would be replacing safty relays, controllers or the display. LOL I have emailed you becuase I would still like a copy of the schematic since mine is in real tough shape thanks Stephen

  199. #199cheyenne2011-06-04 00:42

    I have a Kobelco SK045 Coupe & the throttle cable keeps seizing up. I think it might be loaded with gunk since I sprayed WD40 down the cable to make it slide better last year. I think I did a NO NO. Is it possible or advisable to pull the cable out of the sheath to pull out the gunk & blow it out with air & run a long piece of copper wire down the sheath with a gun barrel patch swab attached, This would also tell me if the cable is kinked, which I don't think it is because I can get it to move with some force.........Thank You.......Cheyenne

  200. #200bigjack2011-06-05 01:01

    Hi, I have a Kobelco SK%) UR mark 2. I have had the starter motor rebuilt professionally and I have put a new starter relay (under the seat) and it was starting ok after that but today it will not start at all. I turn the key and get a single click and nothing. I have checked all of the connections and they are tight. Am I overlooking something? I would really appreciate some assistance with this problem. Thanks, John

  201. #201bigjack2011-06-05 01:03

    That should be SK50UR. I am also looking for a repair manual in English if anyone has an idea of where I can purchase one i would be eternally grateful.

  202. #202MR. KOBELCO2011-06-05 08:12

    hi, you will need to supply the serial number of the machine. model is never good enough. as far as repair manuals, i have been told for these UR models (considered grey market machines in my region) they will not sell me a repair manual. please e-mail me your ser# and the engine model and ser# and i'll try to get you some info. cheers!

  203. #203MR. KOBELCO2011-06-05 08:24

    hi again, sorry my e-mail is " [email protected] " checks - load test the battery - guessing 12 volt system - most of the older ur compact exc use a generator instead of an alternator using a digital multi-tester check the charging system - 14 vdc ? - also, check your battery cables make sure a clean tight contact and good ground cable as well as a good ground connection for the engine ground as far as manuals the best thing going for these models is to obtain a parts catalog and operators manual in english most operators manuals contain the electrical schematic (if you are lucky) cheers! adam

  204. #204MR. KOBELCO2011-06-05 08:27

    hi, did you get the pricing and availability on the manuals you were looking for ? once you purchase the parts manual we can always quote this cable. you never know for the hassles it maybe cheaper to replace the cable with a new one. cheers! adam

  205. #205MPN2011-06-05 15:32

    Hi,I have kobelco sk200 mkIII YQ-01550 12000hrs on it.This is my first excavator and i have some problem with it.Engine will stall down,it must be on full rpm and still stalls if use boom or arm,when warm almost any function cause stalling.I have measured both proportional valves on hyd pump both 15 ohm.and voltage 23.6v(closer engine) and 22.6v(end of pump)both valves did not have lock nuts and other adjust screw was almost bottom.I have checked wiring thats ok,change all filters, checked fuel line twice(there was 2 plastic filters on banjo bolts), turbo ok, done a-adjustment,adjust engine valve clearance,hyd. pump rebuilt 150hrs ago i heard?,digging modes works but auto acceleration not.On maintenance screen pump reading is 100 - 330 when power on,should be 0??,pilot pressure ok.When engine is cold it doesnt start well,but when warm,no problem.Can it be fuel feed pump?because when engine stall there will not be any black smoke?Any ideas what i should do next? Thanks,Miska

  206. #206MR. KOBELCO2011-06-06 11:36

    hi miska, as far as the one solenoid screw on the hyd pump it is possible that it was turned in to fully cut the hyd pump flow back due to a weak engine as so not to make the stalling as noticible. my suggestion is to have the fuel injection pump sent out for overhauling, recalibration to a reputable shop and have them also give you a full report on their findings. that is a starting point. once you get it back let me know their findings and there is setups that are going to be required - prechecks before doing the A adjustment. [email protected] cheers! adam

  207. #207heymccall2011-06-06 12:46

    I send all of my cylinders to HYMAC (cleveland brothers). Even my Kobelcos, and my electrocuted Komatsu cylinders. Free estimates and shuttle service. Call any branch and ask for HYMAC, then press the right number for the cylinder shop and talk to Mike. I used to use quality hydraulics outta Bridgeport WV, BUT, I had a few stick cylinder aftermarket seal issues (air pocket related cavitation). I probably have 20 or so of their rebuilts still in service. APEX in Phillipsburg can do it, too, but I've had turnaround time issues (enough that I won't go back). Do you have the "dead cylinder"? Sorry, but I seem to have posted this too late...

  208. #208MPN2011-06-06 15:10

    Thanks! I allready talk today with injection pump expert,he said we should first check injectors and overhaul if needed,after that check the injection pump.I notice little leak bethween regulator2 and hyd pump,o-rings i think? I will let you know what we find. Miska

  209. #209cheyenne2011-06-11 12:22

    I received everything you sent. thank you very much. Will be in touch.......Cheyenne

  210. #210ron coleman2011-06-21 04:17

    hi mr kobelco, i own a kobelco sk 170-8 the fuel injection pump went out, i had it rebuilt and installed it back on the machine, it started up, and ideled but will not idele up, the monitor keeps giving me codes EO13 EO23 & GO13 not sure what they mean. any ideas thanks Ron

  211. #211lakeside ex2011-06-21 06:23

    Kelbelco sk75ur swing very slow Hi, I am trying to start up my excavation business and have a 2002 kebelco sk75ur nuckle and the swing motor is very slow, but works fine with the track peddle pushed in a bit but then everything else works slow. I have replaced the O-Ring in the swing brake piston, new swing brake soildnoid, pumps have been done up and I still cant work out what the probelm is. Would really appreaciate some advice. Thanks.

  212. #212MR. KOBELCO2011-06-21 09:06

    Hi, please provide your serial number of unit. YR-##### ? thanks.

  213. #213MR. KOBELCO2011-06-21 09:10

    hi ron, please provide your serial number for the machine. YM##-U####. thanks.

  214. #214shiler002011-06-24 13:01

    Kobelco k-60, LE18355 Hello we needed a thumb added to our unit. had a local mechanic install it. now whenever we activate the thumb we loose all hyd power to the left track. mechanic pretty much told us we were on our own. we would like to know the correct place to tap in to the hyd system so everytning will work correctly. thanks for any help you can provide. shiler00

  215. #215shiler002011-06-24 13:11

    Kobelco k-60, LE18355 Hello we needed a thumb added to our unit. had a local mechanic install it. now, whenever we activate the thumb we loose all hyd power to the left track. mechanic pretty much told us we were on our own. we would like to know the correct place to tap in to the hyd system so everytning will work correctly. thanks for any help you can provide. shiler00 new to this so please let me know if i'm posting wrong.

  216. #216shiler002011-06-24 13:17

    Kobelco k-60, LE18355 Hello we needed a thumb added to our unit. had a local mechanic install it. now whenever we activate the thumb we loose all hyd power to the left track. mechanic pretty much told us we were on our own. we would like to know the correct place to tap in to the hyd system so everytning will work correctly. thanks for any help you can provide. shiler00

  217. #217kenny miller2011-06-24 13:23

    kobelco mark4 sk 115 dz ser lpu 5040 hi mr kobelco we where running the machine last sunday and she just stopped its blowing the top right fuse in the fuse box have tried to find manual no luck finding one had a macanick look at it said no wiring digram no help pannel dud light up first time new fuse replaced now no litted pannel just keeps blowing fuse will do what ever yan say to do novice thaks kenny

  218. #218MR. KOBELCO2011-06-24 21:40

    hi, please e-mail me at " [email protected] " my reply will include the elec schem, etc... to aid in troubleshooting your shorted wire to ground or elec component be sure to use a digital multi-tester not a test light when checking your elec system. cheers! adam

  219. #219MR. KOBELCO2011-06-24 21:48

    hi, e-mail me at " [email protected] " i can send you info and help you correct the wrong hookups. please also attach digital pictures of your install so i can follow where it went astray cheers! adam

  220. #220MR. KOBELCO2011-06-24 21:56

    E013 = The P1 pump proportion valve is abnormal. Disconnection E023 = The P2 pump proportion valve is abnormal. Disconnection G013 = The current of the stepping motor is abnormal. Disconnection - output transistor OFF breakdown hi ron, i require your ser# as i mentioned earlier. also it looks like you have wires loose and you need to do what is called an " A/B/C " adjustment to properly setup the engine throttle stepper motor. this procedure i can provide and you will want to talk directly with me to review leading over the phone and tweaking the setups on your machine. when done your machine will most definitely run better. cheers! adam. my e-mail is " [email protected] "

  221. #221shinigamix2x2011-06-25 00:12

    I've a similiar problem on a SK330LC (YC06) at work. Right now that excavator is down for repairs, radiator and oil coolers are out for repairs, Engine Manifold need repairs (if anyone can supply a Mitsu 6D34 Turbo Manifold let me know), also before taking down the machine we had error codes like these, the engine throttle stepper motor is out the machine as well, most we did on it so far was cleaned it. The mecanic said we need to replace but i get from this post that it's obviously some wiring issues. Well please do share any information about this "A/B/C/" Adjustment. Thank you and best regards, Taradath Mohan

  222. #222MR. KOBELCO2011-06-25 14:29

    hi, if you can e-mail me with your serial number i can likely quote you the exhaust manifold and stepper motor and provide you info on the adjustments. e-mail: [email protected] cheers!

  223. #223shinigamix2x2011-06-27 09:54

    Good Morning Mr. Kobelco, Email sent.

  224. #224skaggo2011-06-28 10:55

    Hi! This seems like the right place to ask. Today our sk75ur (yr35v0000fi) wouldnt engage the hydraulics accept the blade, and the console reads "no meddl disengaged". It starts fine but the engine stays att idle and the safe switch in the arm-rest is working.

  225. #225MR. KOBELCO2011-06-29 12:20

    hi, i am going to need 2 things from you,... 1 - ser# of machine. the number you gave appears to be an incomplete part number ? 2 - digital picture of your cab monitor display and if you remove the console behind the seat a picture of the computers and relays layout. reason being we need to switch your language to english so i can translate your fault code. in the meantime, check behind seat once you remove the console you should see 2 chrome toggle switches one will be swing brake release switch the other kpss release switch both should be NOT in the release position. if one is switch to engage. my e-mail: [email protected] cheers! adam

  226. #226skaggo2011-07-01 04:03

    First ** all thanks. It seems that the owners son tryed to override the safety by flicking the switches under the seat and left one in the wrong possition, To his defence all the writing on them is in chinese accept kpss. So that strange error message is gone now but its still doesent engage the hydraulics. I havent found a camera to take som photos yeat, but i managed to get the right serial (i hope): YR04-04815 I did found out that the servo pressure (i think at least its the pilot pressure and it comes from the last row of pumps at the very last connection) is about 35bar and strangely it doesent get past what looks like an backflow-valve? mounted right after the pump. After the valve it splits into two, one goes into the big pump and the other runs undet the cab into a alu-bridge with solenoids. So my question, what should the pressure be on the pilot, and is it only a backflow-valve?

  227. #227MR. KOBELCO2011-07-01 22:28

    hi, this sounds similar to our 70sr models. the pilot pump section on the end of the main pump, pilot pump outlet pilot hose will join to an inline pilot filter screen long hyd fitting. every now and then you need to disassemble and back flush to clean screen of any debris/blockage. the other end will join to a solenoid manifold and usually this block will also contain the pilot relief. sun hydraulic cartridge valve. pilot pressure = 710 - 780 psi it could be your solenoid that opens oil flow to the joysticks etc... has burnt out. simply check the coil for resistance - ohm meter - digital multi-tester. in most models there is no fault code for the pilot lever lock solenoid. cheers!

  228. #228skaggo2011-07-05 07:32

    Thanks, it was the coil, so now i need a source for one. They are not the same as on the sk70 as they lack the bult and nut on the head of the coil, do you know anywhere i could get one?

  229. #229MR. KOBELCO2011-07-05 09:56

    hi, please snap a picture of the coil/valve and provide numbers off the coil. numbers may be on the side of the spot where the elec harness connector joins. adam

  230. #230bhp2011-07-06 22:49

    Hi. I have a kobelco sk480 2002, been having what appears to be a fuel problem for the last year or so. It seems to be worse when the machine gets warm. It was 85 deg. Today. Runs fine for a few hours or sometimes even days. When it acts up it loose power cant hardly even get bucket out of hole. My locl dealer thought it was the injection pump, put a rebuilt on ran ok for aprox. 100 hrs now doing same thing ,have changed filters many times ,changed 2 fuel lines kind of at a loss. Dealer has had laptop on several times tried changing engine controler, any ideas

  231. #231MR. KOBELCO2011-07-06 23:09

    hi, i have been sent out to quebec to correct, fix and tune-up two sk480's for another dealership with my kobelco rep. i would suggest that you call me at work or home. i can get you sorted. the steps i take are logical and must be done in order. with a bit of patience and time over the phone i can either lead you or your dealer (as long as they follow what i say to do) the dealership i work for has only a kobelco line, full line. after awhile you get to know the machines quite well. if the dealer is going to do this they may actually pick up things that are not general knowledge in printed tech manuals. some of which are not even stated at all and could be the reason they are not isolating your few problems. the end result would be worth it for you. if you call me at work my boss is charging $ 3.00 per minute for my services. do not worry i do not drag things out. i give items you will have to check and report back to me. you are my eyes. i require a few things first. the serial number and info to how the machine is set up. and what version of program the dealer put in. call me from cell phone when you are sitting in the cab seat. work# 905-888-9070 home# 905-697-9626 e-mail: [email protected] cheers! adam

  232. #232bhp2011-07-06 23:22

    Thanks I Will Check with you tomorow when near machine. What time is where you are at right now ?

  233. #233CON10DOR2011-07-11 10:43

    I have a kobelco md 180 excavator. Anyone know how to check the swing gear oil and where to put it in. I've been fooling with equipment most of my life and i cannot find it the local dealer couldnt even tell me.. I put a swing motor bearing in and i could see the oil i should have added some then.

  234. #234MR. KOBELCO2011-07-11 14:00

    hi, usually the swing tower is comprised of two units. the upper part is a hydraulic motor, which then drives the lower portion - gear reduction. generally the lower portion will have a dip stick for checking the 80w-90 gear oil level and following around 180 from tube is an allen plug to remove as filling port. drain is underneath jets out towards the engine. hyd oil is shell TELLUS " T " 46 cheers! adam

  235. #235MR. KOBELCO2011-07-11 19:31

    if you check out our website, there is a link to online customers parts catalog on the bottom of most pages. once you access the catalog type md180 in the search to locate the parts cat for your machine. the mitsi engine parts cat are seperate from the main machine. refer to your mitsi model 6d## cheers! adam. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com/

  236. #236ricko8362011-07-14 15:17

    thank you for that file! here are the pictures of my pump. also need to to pm me or email me a price with shipping for all 3 manuals, for my machine, sk130IV, owners manual, parts catalog and service manual. all 3. part circled in red is what i currently use to shut it off

  237. #237hitachi daft2011-07-14 17:39

    SKAGGO check the coil on the two speed tracking is not the same had the same problem on a sk 70 and just swapped the coils over to get the machine going but you will loss high speed tracking

  238. #238MR. KOBELCO2011-07-15 11:42

    KOBELCO PARTS MANUAL AVAILABLE ONLINE @ https://webparts.pvassociates.net/c...=PVA-MQ6YB-J8F2&DataSet=001KOB&LanguageID=ENU

  239. #239Kobe1302011-07-21 12:34

    Kobelco SK130LC In the battery compartment on this machine and others such as the SK150 and the Sk200/220 there is a piece of pipe about 5 inches long vertically welded to a bracket on the frame. It has a 3/4 by 3/4 inch notch out of the top of it. I'm sure that everybody who owns a Kobelco knows what this little thing is for except moi. Would somebody be so kind as to let me know what Kobelco had in mind when they tacked this thing to the machine? Does anybody use it for anything useful? Thanks in advance.

  240. #240digger1042011-07-21 18:37

    Pipe on Kobleco I'm pretty sure this is for a grease gun.

  241. #241Stone Farmer2011-07-25 15:47

    Hello all- Company I work for has a SK150LC (ser #YMU2126) that was bought from a rental company a few years ago. I've just come on board and am trying to play catch up on some loose ends regarding maintenance/service histories, etc...this unit is showing a code "25 s/m fail" and surges when first started, if throttled down then shut off and restarted it will usually be back to running what has been considered normally. Any help diagnosing and/or pointing me in the right direction would be awesome. I appreciate having such an awesome resource at my fingertips while out in the field. Thanks in advance.

  242. #242MR. KOBELCO2011-07-25 17:21

    hi, at first glance i would have to say that the stepper motor controlling the throttle is acting up and requires replacing. whatever you do in no way move the stepper motor or linkages when your key is on and machine powered. you will fry the stepper motor driver chip in the c-1 mechatrocontroller! if you e-mail me your full details at " [email protected] " we can quote you all the necessary parts, A adjust harness and provide the correcty procedure to get you fixed up. cheers!

  243. #243Stone Farmer2011-07-25 20:07

    Email sent. Thanks for the help!

  244. #244tehlab2011-08-03 05:01

    MR. KOBELCO , many thanks for help with repairs SK330NLC

  245. #245lakeland.7052011-08-09 21:25

    hi mr.kobelco i have a wiring nightmare in a k905lc11 excavator it had a fire in the ignition in the control panel and burnt some wires off to starter would there be a diagram available for this machine. not sure where to find serial # thanks in advance lakeland.705

  246. #246MPN2011-08-10 14:24

    Hi!This problem is solved,thanks to Adam for help!After that i have replaced sealings to swing reduction gear/swivel joint and regulator O-rings.Today finally start digging,about 15 minutes and pilot pressure drops,swing doesnt work.I measured pressures with 2000rpm 32 bar when cold,drops to 22bar when warm.So it must be pilot pressure gear pump?Or can it be something else,air in system,full moon?

  247. #247MR. KOBELCO2011-08-10 19:12

    hi, likely the pilot pump, is the pilot pump relief valve intergral in the gear pump? also, reading there - you say the hyd pump was rebuilt. did the rebuild shop install a new pilot pump? if so, you may want to remove the gear pump and count the splines on the shaft comparing to the number of splined teeth grooves of the p2 hyd pump shaft were fitted. i have had one machine where the p2 main pump shaft was a 13 tooth female spline and the pilot pump purchased (non-oem) was a 12 tooth spline (smaller) the machine seemed fine cold but when the hyd warmed up the shaft slipped. worth looking at. cheers! adam.

  248. #248MR. KOBELCO2011-08-10 19:15

    hi, yes i can provide the electrical schematic you need but i do require the ser# YP-#### or YPU-#### you will find stamped into the edge of the upper platform structure - looking center of the lift cylinders. cheers! adam

  249. #249cadillac2011-08-17 15:46

    Mr. Kobelco, I have a sk200lc mark iv sn#YQU2360 with the alarm going off. Sounds like the temp alarm but checked temp with laser gun and is at 210 degrees. Radiator has been rebuilt, thermostat replaced, air filter changed and new temp sensor installed. Am I missing something or is the alarm going off for some other reason. I'm stumped!!! Also having trouble getting my question to post so bare with me if you get it more than once. cadillac

  250. #250MR. KOBELCO2011-08-17 20:38

    hi, which code are you getting exactly? there is one sensor - kobelco part - is the single prong temp sender. part# 2489u268f1, brass barb like fitting with spade wire connection. as engine temp rises the resistance in this sender drops making a greater connection to ground and your temp bars increase. when they reach the red the other sensor for the temp switch should also trip at the same moment causing the buzzer to alarm. cummins part # 3408627. 3 pins but only two wire to temp switch. both create a ground on the wire in that circuit. if you simply unplug the one sender and your bars still go high the wire is shorted out and it is not the sender. if you unplug the other cummins temp switch and the bars display lower than the red the temp switch has a crack allowing moisture to make contact to ground causing a false alarm. on a cummins engine this is common after we either steam clean off the engine or a rainfall or something. if you provide me your e-mail i'll forward you the electrical schematic for your machine. cheers!

  251. #251cadillac2011-08-19 16:19

    sk200lc kobelco overheating Mr Kobelco. Thanks for the reply! The only code type thing I get is a wrench symbol on console. No codes!!! Serial # on unit is YQU2360. Guessing about 10000 hrs on machine. Would appreciate schematics when able. Thanks again.

  252. #252MR. KOBELCO2011-08-19 16:56

    sure...but need your e-mail ? adam

  253. #253ccarmy2011-08-27 17:21

    Can any one tell me why my Kobelco sk15sr keeps poping the number 5 fuse in the fuse box? The number 5 fuse goes to the engine stop solinoid according to the parts manual. I have serched vertually every wire with my multimeter and can find no shorts, only one possible hot ground, in the ignition switch itself. If any one can help, i sincerelly thank you, this has been the biggest headache for me to date. The wireing system in these small machines can be more complicated in some ways than that of the much larger counterparts. Thanks again Earl.

  254. #254MR. KOBELCO2011-08-27 18:28

    hi, please specify your serial number. if you e-mail me at [email protected] i'll see if i can get you the full elec schematic. it'll make it easier to troubleshoot. cheers! adam

  255. #255ccarmy2011-08-27 19:24

    Ok Adam I sure appreciate you my friend, this little problem has me down on a job that I need to have finished like yesturday if you know what I mean. LOL I think I have it narrowed down to a ground inside of the ignition, but how in the world do I get into there, How does it come apart, and is it even possible?

  256. #256ccarmy2011-08-27 19:26

    I'm sorry forgot to add serial #, here it is. it is a SK15SR Kobelco mini exscavator, serial number PU 06633. Thanks again.:Banghead

  257. #257Bayrat2011-08-29 13:51

    Mr. Kolbelco, I have an oil seal leaking on my Case CX25, it appears to be that center seal based upon leakage in all positions, definitely gear oil as we discussed when you replied over on my Case Excavator thread. Another person suggested those seals will dry up or rip due to lack of use and that fits with me, the machine mostly sits in my barn. I went through the flush and fill a couple of times, now have fresh synthetic gear oil in it but still have a slow leak although it's not as bad as it was. My guess is that for the little I use this machine it will be OK until winter when it will not be in use. Is there a repair manual available for those drives? I would like to do this myself. Also, can it be done on the machine or does the entire unit need to be removed? Thanks again!

  258. #258John.Schuttler2011-08-29 19:49

    Hi Mr Kobelco, I have a 2002 SK210LC VI Serial # Y007-U0942 that reads A1 CPU ROM Failure. All functions work normally but can only run throttle to about half speed. The batteries seemed to be sluggish when I started it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

  259. #259MR. KOBELCO2011-08-29 21:08

    hi john, first thing, i would like you to check the fluid levels in each cell of your batteries, check that all your battery connections are good, clean and tight then load test your batteries. then, with power off disconnect the two ball joint connections to the stepper motor lever and fuel inj pump lever. do not change the rod length...youre removing the whole rod with the ball joints attached still. note: one is opposite thread " L " left hand - mark to which end it joined. even snap picture in case you forget. next, when you get it running check your charging 26 - 28 vdc at hi-idle. by manually rise engine rpm with the fuel inj pump lever, use display to read rpm's hi-idle = 2195 - 2245 A1 cpu rom data -> its possible that the batteries had gone too low and the power to retain the c-1 controller computers memory was not enough. the step motor memory is likely lost. its also possible your step mtr is binding up internally and/or externally by seized ball joints and the computer is protecting itself the s/m chip and it shuts the power to the s/m coils off. you may need a new stepper mtr and ball joints. end result you will need to run what is referred to an A adjustment. if you e-mail me at " [email protected] " i can provide you procedure...you'll need to read thoroughly because if not done properly you can fry the s/m chip or programme chip and then you are into a new computer. new cpu is a blank of which will need to be loaded with the correct programme version suited to your machine and its options as well as application used. cheers! adam

  260. #260ccarmy2011-08-30 13:40

    Hi John, It sure sounds alot like what I just went through with my small sk15sr kobelco exscavator. before my #5 fuse in my fuse box begain to pop, it would sound like my battery was really weak, many times I brought my battery home from the job site and put it on charge only to find out that it had a full charge on it. The number 5 fuse went to my engine stop solinoid, which also checked out to be fine. Mr. Kobelco sent me a full electrical schematic of my machine and I checked every wire to that paticular system. Even though my multi meter was showing that I had a hot ground some place I could not find it at all. I banged my head around on this problem for days trying to figure out what was going on with my little machine and it seemed that I could get nowhere with it. As a last resort, I reran new wireing inplace of the old to every part that was ran off of that paticular fuse. One came from the fuse box to the ignition, and the other from the top end of the fuse down to the engine stop solinoid. Just knowing now that I had fixed the problem or at least bypassed it, I turned my key on and (POP)! The crazy thing poped again. Turns out that all along I had a tumberler that had fallen accross two points inside of the ignition and was causing a hot ground inside of the ignition. So after all of the stress and head banging over the problem, $181. some odd cents, a new ignition and its fixed. Now I don't know if this would be your problem or not, but it may help just to keep it in mind. I would hate to see anyone go through what I have been through with mine. I wish you the best of luck.

  261. #261ccarmy2011-08-30 13:47

    Mr. Kobelco I just wanted to take a minute to thank you again for your help with my exscavator. The electrical schematics was a great help, turned out that the ignition switch itself was my problem all along. Man I would have never thought it because it functioned just fine, not the way you would think a ignition with a broken tumberler would function. I mean the key turned, the acc came on, but the #5 fuse would then pop, and of coarse then it would not start. Any ways thx again, I am really glad to have such great help and assistance at my fingertips. Earl

  262. #262ccarmy2011-08-30 13:55

    Just wanted to say real quick, John if your #5 fuse pops, check your ignition switch before you rewire your machine. LOL good luck with your problem. You might put the pos. terminal of a multi meter in each fuse placement while having the other on a solid ground to check each system for a hot ground. It does sound as if you might have a ground some where that is pulling down your batteries with the key iether on or in the start possition. Best of luck my friend. Earl

  263. #263MR. KOBELCO2011-08-30 13:58

    hi bayrat, i am guessing that your case cx25 has a plate on it saying made by kobelco ? if so, please supply your serial number by e-mail to me as so i can respond to you with what you need. [email protected] and yes, the complete final drive will need to be removed off the machine to do a proper repair. however, do not remove until you review the service repair section on the drive unit. bolts may need loosening off by hand before taking the unit out. cheers!

  264. #264ccarmy2011-08-30 14:07

    Hello friend, I feel certain that you are refering to the battery vent pipe. In any machine that uses batteries or a battery for that matter, there must be a way for gases to escape the battery compartment. I think that is probably what you are seeing in your Kobelco sk130lc. Not possitive of coarse without looking at it, but with the notching in the top end that you described it sounds like that would be it.

  265. #265grandkobelco2011-08-31 06:07

    A1 cpu failure Hi John. Their must be the computer flue going around, I'v worked on two exc in the last two months with the same code on the dash and the same symtoms. Do all the test Mr kobelco had you do but if the "A" adj dosn't work exactly as described, I think your going to need a new controler. Just another kobelco mech opinion.

  266. #266John.Schuttler2011-09-08 08:00

    Hi grandkobelco, When I went to do the "A" adj, the rpm wouldn't display when I pushed the screen change switch. So right or wrong I did the "A" adj any way but when went to step 4 the computer took the step motor to full throttle and that was it. So now am trying to chase down problem with RPM sensor or computer.

  267. #267trinagreen2011-09-08 11:16

    Hi, we have a Kabelco SK 150 Mark III that we are needind some help with changing it from computerized to manual.....any help in this matter or pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!! We have a scrap metal business and I work in the office part and am the one now put in charge in correcting the problem after several attempts of our "machinery mechanics " coming up empty handed and steady running up a bill that has showed no result. So once again help please.........

  268. #268MR. KOBELCO2011-09-08 12:24

    hi trina, as discussed over the phone,... it is not recommended to run the machine without the computer. it is the brain of the machine and must be functional for the horsepower control of the engine and hydr pumps. otherwise, hyd pump damage will result. i have sent your mech info...let me know if you do not get it. cheers! adam

  269. #269grandkobelco2011-09-09 06:10

    John, unfortionatly thats the exact same thing the ones i'v been working on did. It's easy to check your rpm senser. Press down on the buzzer stop button while you start the engine. The first screen you see on your dash is the controller info screen. Push the screen change switch one time to get to the rpm screen, where you see MEAS that is the rpm that the controller is reading. If it reads O your rpm senser is bad, or the wireing. If it is reading rpm you probly need a new controller Sorry.

  270. #270John.Schuttler2011-09-09 07:45

    grandkobelco that is the same conclusion that I am coming to. How much is a controller and what kind of time frame is it to get one? 2002 SK210LC-VI Serial YQ07-U0942

  271. #271grandkobelco2011-09-09 17:17

    I'm in my polebarn now and will probly be here all weekend. Monday morning i can check price and shipping. I'm in west mi. so if there are any dealers closer to you you want to check with it might be a good idea. Those controllers need to be programed before you install them. After instalation you still need to do a "A" adj.

  272. #272Van Koop2011-09-11 14:02

    Some machines have a grease gun holder welded by the batterys from factory.

  273. #273grandkobelco2011-09-13 05:45

    John.S Sorry for the delay, I didn't get two the shop all monday so I called our parts counter and he ballparked that controller at 1700 hundred, give or take a little plus shipping. If we can help call Grand equip 616-896-7700. Thanks, Wes

  274. #274ssupercor772011-09-16 08:26

    Hi Mr. kobelco I just bought an SK-220lc mark 3 and everything works great except the display on the right console it shows black sometimes other times it dosent show anything. I was woundering if it is needed or can i have some manual oil pres guage and water temp. and just run it that way Thanks

  275. #275rippy1542011-09-16 13:52

    I have an sk130LC Mark 4 serial # YPU 2412 that has a weak swing I checked Piolt pressure and had 800psi ......the spec is 670-750 psi I checked Mains reliefs with both tracks stalled and had 5100psi at both pumps the spec calls for 4980-5050 psi I checked port reliefs for swing and got 1600psi stalling the swing to the left (rv12) and 3800psi stalling to the right (rv11) the spec is 3982-4409psi...... I know that one is real low and the other is a tiny bit low so I figured I would swap the reliefs to see if the real low one would go to the other side but it didn't .....so now I am a little confused.....the reliefs also don't seem to be adjustable and the are pretty pricey so I don't want to spend money on the wrong parts..... I guess I am going to try seeing if the swing control valve spool is stuck out of the neutral position or switching the discharge lines of the pumps to see if I have a problem with one of my pumps....... any advice would be great thanks in advance Stephen

  276. #276rippy1542011-09-16 14:28

    I forgot to mention this machine has a swing priority circuit and a modle S22T swing control valve

  277. #277MR. KOBELCO2011-09-16 15:21

    hi, i would say - yes swap the reliefs. they are the same. if the pressure readings swap, open, inspect and reseal the valve. if they remain the same and does not change sides i would check first off teeing a 1,000 psi prs gauge into each pilot spool cap at the swing motor and verify you are not losing pilot prs. the swing pilot circuit has shuttle valves in the lines. or next try swapping the swing shockless valves if you have otherwise will likely be an issue in the hyd swing motor. provide me you e-mail if you need tech info, specs and sorts. cheers! adam if you need pricing you can always get a quote from us for giggles.

  278. #278rippy1542011-09-19 07:17

    Adam, My email is [email protected] I did swap the reliefs and the problem stayed the same so I will try what you suggest, It is going to be a few days since I have several other machine to check out and fix and that one has some other issues so it is fill in work Any tech advice or specs I would apreceate and I will gladly let you quote the parts when I find out what is wrong Thanks Stephen

  279. #279rippy1542011-09-19 08:12

    Just so I'm clear when you say pilot spool cap I am thinking of the Pressure supply sides (port PA & port PB) of the swing control valve???? The other question is I have only 1 shockless valve and there is a block which they refer to as a hydraulic timer??? Thanks

  280. #280bobin352011-09-24 17:39

    MR.KOBELCO,hope ya can help me here a bit our company has a sk135sr s/n yh03-02344.The operators are complaining of its jerky operation,not sure of hours on machine im thinking 3500any thoughts or ideas?

  281. #281MR. KOBELCO2011-09-25 11:59

    hi, i would suggest that you give me a call from the cab. phone 905-888-9070 and ask for adam. the jerky hydr could be a result of many things, old version in use in computer, eng rpms down, bad hyd prs sensor and so forth. when you call and get have you access the service scrns and diagnose over the phone. based on the findings we should be able to get a game plan for you to correct your machine. cheers! adam

  282. #282Kobe1302011-09-28 11:22

    Adam, my sk130lc ypu2328 has the same problem as Rippy154's. I notice that the swing is slow to start but goes to normal speed when I raise the boom as it gets help from that circuit thru swing priority I guess. I'm going to reseal the swing control valve but Kobelco does not offer a kit just individual parts. Do you know if these O-rings are just standard Buna (I've got lots) or special? Should the springs be replaced too? Also is the swing relief valve built into the control valve? Pilot pressure at the pump is about 700 psi. Haven't checked the others like Rippy has. BTW Rippy thx for posting this issue.Thx Adam.

  283. #283rippy1542011-09-28 12:06

    So I had a few minutes between other jobs and I threw a 1000 psi gauge on port Pi2 on pump 2 regulator to check negitive control pressure.... spec says 455-668 psi and my gauge is reading 0..... measuring conditions were hi idle with controls in neutral as stated in the book..... i haven't tee'd into the pilot spool cap yet or done the swing motor drain test ...but will try that after I catch up on the other machines but any advice is would be great thanks Stephen

  284. #284rippy1542011-09-28 12:10

    The swing reliefs are in the swing motor which the swing control valve is bolted to. What happens when you have the swing priority switch off????? I would check your other pressures as well just to make sure your main reliefs are fine Hope we can figure these out I like a challange but they always come when I'm swamped and can spend the right amount of time I'm not sure how much help I can be but I will try my best take care

  285. #285MR. KOBELCO2011-09-28 20:11

    hi, as per specs, if you are in H mode, full eng rpm, lever lock up - disengaged, both pi1 and pi2 should be reading the same values. are you sure you're teed into the proper pilot hose? if you do not mind snapping a picture and e-mail me to view the hyd pump assy and where your tee is. for if you are in the right place this indicates a problem. now to keep things simple too and could be potentially the problem,... your model may have a manifold with 3 elec solenoids in the block. one or two of these in the block maybe used for independent travel operations. locate and check the wiring to each solenoid. if the wire grounds out the machine could be 1/2 shifted into independent/straight travel and you will experience such weird and wonderful problems. this would explain your 0 psi on the gauge too. cheers! adam.

  286. #286MR. KOBELCO2011-09-28 20:14

    the pilot spool caps are the remote pilot controls that shift the swing spool side to side. not the main lines. the timer is integral in the pg block bolted to the hydr swing mtr. when you stop swinging the brake will be applied after the hyd oil drains out thru a metered orifice. adam

  287. #287MR. KOBELCO2011-09-28 20:16

    hi, swing priority is used when you multi function during baling dirt. basically it robs main hyd oil off pump 1 side to aid hyd pump p2 which runs the swing. adam

  288. #288cheyenne2011-09-28 21:33

    Hydraulic pressure Relief I have a Kobelco SK045 Ser. No PY02469......The hydraulic fluid has a round bolted down plate on the top of the machine, which i presume is the fill cap to the tank.......In the battery compartment right in front of that is what appears to be a sight glass and about a 5/8 bolt right next to it......I'm assuming the sight glass is for the tank & the the bolt is the pressure relief......Are my assumptions correct......Thank You

  289. #289rippy1542011-09-29 06:51

    Adam, This machine does not have mechatronics which is I think is most of my problem. Out of the 10 kobelco machines I have (other than 1 of my mini's) this is the only one without mechatronics and the only one with a swing priority circuit. I really don't understand this system as much as the others or maybe I just have convinced myself I don't LOL As far as the Hyd pump there is only 1 pilot line running to the regulator and that is the one I teed into. I will try another gauge to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the gauge but the specs I used were full idle, lever lock up I am waiting for another tee set up so I can tee into the spool and than I will do a swing motor drain and hopfully this will provide more info thanks Stephen

  290. #290Kobe1302011-09-29 10:46

    Rippy154, I will not be back to this machine for a couple of weeks now, but I will follow your procedure for sorting out this problem, thx for documenting it here. I just don't have enough experience with it yet.

  291. #291rippy1542011-09-29 13:46

    I had an hour so I wanted to check a few more things so just to update Rechecked negitive pressure with a new 1000 psi gauge at test pot Pi2 and had 400psi with high idle with lever lock up.... again specs are 455-668 psi Teed into the pilot spool caps had 300 psi at PB .....Stalling swing to the right..... and 200 psi at PA stalling to the left I have to jump on another job so I hope to check a few more items tomorrow but wanted to update my findings Thanks Stephen

  292. #292Kobe1302011-09-29 15:19

    In another hydraulic issue on the sk130 I wondered what was causing my boom to drift downward rather quickly - it wouldn't hold. A very, very gentle pullback on the stick would arrest it. Eventually, I raised the boom high and quickly tripped off the pilot circuit by disengaging the lever lock and low and behold the boom drifted down a couple of inches and then held steady as a rock. No cylinder or holding valve problem. The joystick did not show any signs of external leaking so I only resealed the other one which was leaking but I guess it is bleeding enough pilot oil internally to allow the down boom drift. So off it comes for new seals. :Banghead

  293. #293rippy1542011-09-29 15:39

    The pilot pressure leaking off won't cuase the boom to drift. the pilot pressure activates a spool. The boom cylinders could be leaking internally... i would check this first. If the pilot control handles are leaking all you'll get is a mess in the cab. If your handles are leaking make sure to check the plunger or "rod" as kobelco calls it and the seals inside the brass bushing or "plug" is what kobelco calls it ..... use cation as they are spring loaded and the plungers are 2 different sizes. Also look for wear under the plate and don't tighten it to much becuase it can cuase early activation of a function or actavation on its own

  294. #294Kobe1302011-09-29 16:00

    Yeah the lefthand stick created quite a mess. However, my thought was that there is some cross internal leakage in the boom joystick. Somehow when the pilot system is live the control spool is seeing pressure to activate yet when the pilot system is dead that boom is rock solid and doesn't drift down at all. If it were the boom cylinder piston seal/s or the holding valve then it would still drift down when the pilot system is cut off, I think. Ow, my head is starting to hurt!

  295. #295rippy1542011-09-29 16:53

    Just thinking outloud but a leak at the handle would cuase a loss off pressure I would check my main and circut reliefs is this a new problem?? A sticking spool could cuase the problem has that handle been rebuild recently??? I always start by checking pilot pressure, main reliefs, than move to the circuit relief that I am having trouble with. It's a good way to narrow a problem to a specific area does you machine have heavy lift???? Again just talking out loud but I don't think it is in the handle but sounds like something in the control valve but I have seen internal leaks in the boom cylindres cuase the same as your describing ...... Usally the bad cylinder will drop a little putting extra wieght on the good cylinder and than the good cylinder takes the weight...... But again just talking it out or typing it out lol I will think on it some more and hopfully someone else will as well

  296. #296rippy1542011-09-29 16:57

    By the way hydraliucs is my weak area but I am just trying to be helpfull and maybe spark a good idea lol

  297. #297Kobe1302011-09-29 17:26

    Thx for the help, Rippy. this machine is new to me. I have just been thru cleaning it up and getting it running again - mini rebuild you might call it. I'll get the RH joystick resealed anyway as it's not expensive. I will also follow your suggestion and tackle the hyd problems logically one step at a time. Need to begin by checking all the pressure points (picked up a 10,000 psi gage today) as you did and we'll go from there. Won't mind replacing seals, valve spools etc, but a little terrified of a major control block or pump/motor problem. However, it appears that the system was well designed, hydraulic was very clean including the tank (not a particle in it). So the problems are likely to be seals/stuck or dirty valve/broken spring. I see that this business requires a good deal of patience to track these problems down. Would not a leaking boom cyl allow the good cyl to pass thru it's oil too to cause leak down? Thx.

  298. #298rippy1542011-09-29 18:07

    If it is leaking by the packing the bad cylinder will drift down.....I had a sk120 that did what you described and it was a boom cylinder that had a blown packing does you machine have a holding valve?? I saw one on a gray market machine that had a crane Orion or something like that.... I really can't recall it kinda sounds like s circuit relief to me but hopfully mr. Kobelco will chime in since he really seems to know hydralicd cheers and I will try my best to help u out stephe

  299. #299grandkobelco2011-09-29 19:36

    Kobe130 If you don't mind i'll dive in hear cause free advice is worth everything you pay it. If you think you might be getting bleed off oil thru a joystick you can put a hyd gage at the pilot hose at the boom spool, use a low pressure gage. When you drop your lever lock watch you gage and see if you get a rise in pressure. However this would be rare, must drift problems are packings or port releif valves. Always remember, KOBELCO'S ARE FUN!

  300. #300MR. KOBELCO2011-09-29 21:33

    hi, if this bolt you describe is in the tank itself it would not be the relief. your machine likely has a pilot system relief and a seperate relief for each hyd pump. the pilot pump relief is likely in a manifold at one end next to a couple solenoid coils. the main hyd pump reliefs will be part of the main hyd control valve. each circuit will have overload port reliefs. circuit protection when the function is not being utilised. cheers! adam

  301. #301MR. KOBELCO2011-09-29 21:44

    hi, it is quite possible that the plunger tiny spool in the joystick itself is sticking or bent. the joysticks send the pilot oil signal to the spool to allow the function. by lifting the lever lock up you have shut off the pilot oil to the joystick. i would look for a sticking or slightly bent spool in that dirction controlling boom down. adam

  302. #302MR. KOBELCO2011-09-29 21:52

    hi, just a quick note, usually in hyd cylinders if the packings go and the hyd cyl is bypassing the rod will try to extend. the piston is the greater area so as the pressures equalize within the cyl when not being actuated the force will be graeter push extend the retracting. if suspecting internal leakage,... extend the cyl rod fully. shut-off machine. remove the line on the rod end. cap/plug off machine side. take hyd line/hose of rod side open to a 5 gallon pail. for lift boom cyl do both. start machine...dead end boom up once again...if the oil exiting the hose into the pail is more than a tea spoon...overhaul the cylinder. cheers! adam. remember safety comes first.

  303. #303MR. KOBELCO2011-09-29 22:00

    hi, your 400 psi read can be due to a couple things... a worn out neutral relief poppet cartridge, is likely... or eng rpm's are down and below spec. less oil flow will result in a lower pressure measured. as far as the pilot prs readings on swing spool caps...the swing pilot circuit uses a couple shuttle valves...shuttle valve can also comprise of hyd ftgs assembled together with a ball and spring...could have a bad seat in shuttle the one way or deformed ball.... when you are ready to take all your readings i would suggest you first make sure the engine rpms are well within spec. this is the first step and yes you are right no computer, throttle is cable. plus no solenoid one the hyd pump. you may always call me and i can work with you the readings to take under which conditions first. based on the findings i can give you steps to take to correct your machine. adam

  304. #304rippy1542011-09-30 10:14

    Man my spelling was horrible last night....that will teach me to go on the forum on my phone while the kids are running around screaming LOL.... Anyway I don't know what I was thinking when I was thinking of a holding valve but I was thinking of a "crane style holding valve" which I saw on a gray market machine with a crane option a long time ago........ not in the sense of a holding valve on an excavator in which the way the holding vavle works by preventing natural fall at neutral position....... Plus after pulling the records on my 120 it wasn't a bad packing but pretty much a bad cylinder....the gland bushing was wiped out and the rod was bad so I think that is why mine was drifting down......sorry for the confusion but like I said I was just talking it out which I find sometimes sparks a good idea......"sometimes"

  305. #305Kobe1302011-09-30 13:10

    Many thanks to both Rippy and Adam for the help. Once I get the RH joystick resealed and see what it does I will post the results. Also I'm going to have to investigate the low swing situation - on top of hardfacing the new bucket and thumb for this machine - sheesh! Thx again. ointhead

  306. #306excel.ltd2011-10-02 21:26

    Hi Mr Kobelco I have a Kobelco SK75UR which im told is around the year 2000 model.The problem I have is the 'rabbit' button just randomly decided to stop working!Do you know the location of the relay for this toggle switch or have any other advice or info I could use. Thanks for your time David

  307. #307MR. KOBELCO2011-10-03 17:05

    hi, the only info i have to provide you would be a faxed copy of a page taken out of the parts catalog. please e-mail me your ser# of machine YR-##### and include your fax number. if i cannot figure out faxing i'll have this page scanned and e-mailed to you. my e-mail [email protected] cheers! adam

  308. #308skc2011-10-03 21:54

    i am looking for help with my kobelco sk115srdz 2004, trying to pull the radiator. cant locate a service manual, i realize this is probably easy if you know the proper order to remove but it seams that i am missing something or may need to slide the counter weight back about an inch? all the coolers are loose from the brackets and hinge has been removed for the hood but still cant get the room i need. also have trouble with a cpu failure will discuss later. any help would be greatly appreciated. not really sure if i posted this right

  309. #309MR. KOBELCO2011-10-04 19:28

    hi, yes she's tight...please e-mail me at [email protected] i will scan the pages you require to help in the removal and reinstall of eng rad please also include the serial number of your machine YY0#-0#### cheers! adam

  310. #310Ronsii2011-10-05 00:44

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, First let me say thanks for being on this forum and offering the great help and information like you do! It is always great to get answers to questions form a knowledgeable definitive source. Now for my problem we have a case cx36b mini # N7TN62187 # PX14-17228 apx2600 hrs. bought new in 07' it has been a great little machine but in the last few months it started tracking to the left, well the other day you could barely climb a slight grade as the left track just had no power so we finally ripped the controls (floor) apart and found that the shafts and the balls in the cams for the travel valves were worn so they will not push the spools in like they should, So we called the case dealer and they said they couldn't get a repair kit for that particular machine but they were willing to try one from a PX15 series... so I was wondering if you had any suggestions alternatives to fix these valves as the dealer listed similar kits for around $360 each(2 needed) and the valve for $960 (would probably buy the whole valve for only $240 more) of course we would like to fix this as cheap as possible but understand sometimes there is no cheap option. :0 One other thing not sure if this is a problem or just an annoyance... the tracks come off a couple times a week sometimes more if the person operating it doesn't boom swivel to turn the undercarriage when in loose dirt this mainly happens when operating in rocky/sandy soil conditions (bank run/type 17) the machine has done this since new, we have tried different tensions on the track from loose to very tight needless to say we use more grease to replace tracks then to grease the machine itself, so here again I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to how we can correct this problem. The machine has standard rubber tracks the tracks were replaced a couple hundred hours ago and the carriers and idlers look ok. Again thanks for all the help and info you provide, Ron

  311. #311shinigamix2x2011-10-05 10:14

    Good day everyone, [despite we're all here trying to solve problems on our equipment], Here's my dilema SK210LC Dynamic Acera - YQ08: Can't Swing and Track at the same time... had this problem a while now, changed a broken hyd. pump, changed some worn out solenoids yet that one particular problem still exists... any tips or know-how to solve this? thank you, best regards to all...

  312. #312MR. KOBELCO2011-10-05 12:32

    hi, is the travel straight propo-valve turning on sending a pilot signal measured with a 1,000 psi hyd prs gauge to the travel straight spool cap ? adam

  313. #313shinigamix2x2011-10-05 14:11

    Sorry but i can't confirm that at the moment, i've re-checked the solenoid vavle assembly though since my co workers and boss purchased solenoid and installed them - okay just bare with me for a moment: THE A1, A2 AND A7 solenoids supposed to be the same, the A2 is different, the solenoid my boss purchased YB35V00006F1 supposed to be at A8, It was installed at A1 - the hyd. control lever did not work because of this - that's when i butted in and showed them according to the catalog which solenoid is for where! With that mix-up sorted out, the A8 got it's correct solenoid, the A1 also got it's correct solenoid, the A2 however, we gotta purchase a solenoid for this - YT35V00013F1, So my question is - could this be the reason why the Machine won't Track and Swing at the same time. A1- LEVER LOCK, A2 - ATT BOOSTING, A3-P2 NUETRAL CUT, A4-TRAVEL PRIORITY, A5- P1 NUETRAL CUT, 6- ARM V. RECIRCULATION, A7 - TRAVEL 1/2 SPEED CHANGEOVER, A8- SWING Are any of these solenoids the Straight Propo-Valve? if not where can i find it. Also the straight spool cap!

  314. #314MR. KOBELCO2011-10-05 20:07

    Hi, in regards to your travel pilot valve valve part# PM30V00019F1 subs to PM30V00019F4 kit, seal part# PM30V00019R100 suggested list @ $ 158.42 usd kit, repair, cam x 2, balls x 4 part# PM30V00019R200 subs to PM30V00019R300 suggested list @ $ 335.00 usd have you swapped the two over to be sure this is indeed the problem ? the slow track should then swap sides too. would just replacing the 2 balls on the worn out cam itself use ball bearings of a tad bit larger diameter may do the trick ? as far as the tracks coming off - if you are not losing grease past track adj piston and the tension is holding,... then you may want to purchase 4 of the bolton idler track guards used on the machine if as had track chains ? this may help. cheers! adam

  315. #315MR. KOBELCO2011-10-05 20:09

    i just sent you an e-mail. cheers! adam

  316. #316Ronsii2011-10-06 00:25

    Hi Adam, Thanks for the quick reply, as for the cams we pulled them apart and flipped the cams around and turned the shafts over as they were worn on one side and the balls in the cams were worn about 1/8 inch(depth) to a flat spot some more than others, didn't switch sides may do that next time we have some down time just flipping them around made a marked improvement and nearly eliminated the play in the hand travel controls from side to side. One other thing I forgot to mention in the first post was if you moved the left control forward then also pushed it to the right(would move about 1 inch) it would speed up the track and would nearly track straight I suspect from the wear on the shaft and the sides of the balls actually both controls would sway side to side but the left control made a noticeable difference in track speed/power when you tilted it. On to the track problem, I am pretty sure grease is not leaking but I will investigate this just to make sure but tension seems to hold right where we set it right up until the track comes off... I will also look into the idler track guards you mentioned, another idea we had was next time we put new tracks on it we were thinking about switching to regular chain and the bolt on rubber road pads as we have talked to some other operators running them and according to them they never come off. Thanks again, Ron

  317. #317eric122011-10-11 11:53

    Hi Mr, Kobelco. i have a 1999 kobelco sk 200 lc that is dead. i was traveling along the job with it and it popped a 20 amp fuse for the starter circuit which killed the key switch and pretty much everything else. i had herd of a 30 amp fuse hidden inline behind the seat on the ground so i found that and it was good. any suggestions on where to start tearing the machine apart? it happened about 4 years ago also and after searching all over and testing all sorts of switches and parts it magically started and we had not had a problem since until now. thanks for any help, Eric

  318. #318MR. KOBELCO2011-10-11 19:09

    hi eric, please provide both your e-mail and serial number yqu-#### to " [email protected] " and i'll see what i can send off to you to help. the 30 amp fuse located in behind the cab seat is for the cummins eng fuel shut-off solenoid. when you replace the 20 amp fuse and turn the key switch please advise at which position the fuse actually pops. on, acc, start, and so on... cheers! adam

  319. #319Kobe1302011-10-14 00:38

    Hi Gents, just starting to check hydraulic pressures on my SK130lc. According to Kobelco the traction motors need to be stalled and pressures measured at stall. In order to do this it looks like they offer a special tool which locks the sprocket but our local Mazer Group parts guys are not familiar with it. I think they`ve only been handling Kobelcos for a short while. Was wondering if this is something that most guys just fab up to hold the sprocket. Looks like the proper way to do it is to lock both sides at the same time. Don`t want to break anything! From the Kobelco test procedure sheet I could not really see what it looked like. Also I presume that by secondary pilot pressure they mean pilot pressure right at the (for example) swing control valve. Do you T into that pilot connection or dead end it to the gage or does it matter.

  320. #320MR. KOBELCO2011-10-14 06:11

    hi, this tool is nothing special - just take an old say bucket pin of the diameter which will sit in the tooth groove of your sprocket and when moving forward direction it will jam against the frame stalling the travel motors. can even stall it in reverse by placing the stalling pin on the underside groove which will then jam in the upward rotation. cut the pin to make your two pieces, weld a t-handle untop for safety, when placing and stalling do not stand right in front keep off to the side. pressures read when stalling both travels simultaneously together, h-mode, wide open throttle. as far as secondary pilot prs you'd have to tell me where this reference was made in the data. cheers!

  321. #321rippy1542011-10-18 08:07

    I usally stall the machine aginst something if I am by myself.....for example I have a large pile of steel road plates I walk the machine up slowly and wait for them to stall and then raise the idle.... I have also used a dozer blade, jersey barriers..... I have no update with my machine since I have had my hands full with all the other breakdowns on a big ledge job. I am planning on getting it back in the shop soon so I hope I will be able to help you. As far as testing pressure at you swing control valve you would T into it. If you are checking Secondary pilot at the pump you would T in as well Is your 130 the same as mine??? Has no steeping motor or does it have metronics??? Take care

  322. #322rippy1542011-10-18 12:12

    I meant if you are checking negitive control pressure at the pump you also would T into the pilot line

  323. #323rippy1542011-10-18 12:49

    Had a little time today to look at my 130 and had start over since I have been so busy with other stuff and couldn't really remeber what was going on. Not sure if this will help but here is what I have done so far and the results I have gotten SK130 serial number YPU2412 The problem is "WEAK SWING" The main problem is i'm having a hard time stayig on this one project becuase I'm the only mechanic so I keep starting and stoping my trouble shooting. Anyway here I go 1) Tested pilot pressure had 810 psi (i know it is a little high and will set to 710 psi) 2) Tested Mains by stalling tracks and had 5100 psi spec calls for 4980-5050 psi (again a tad high and I will reset them) 3)Checked port reliefs (swing) by stalling bucket I had 1600 psi stalling to the left and 3800 psi stalling to the right (both below spec and I think they are adjustable with internal shims and for now continuing with tests) SWAPPING RELIEFS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT DID NOTHING ....PRESSURES STAYED THE SAME 4)Checked negitive pressure and had 400 psi spec calls for 455-668 psi ( again a little low and will reset) 5)Checked secondary pilot pressure at swing control valve had 200 psi swinging to left and 300 psi swinging to right 6) Did a swing motor drain test had 3.5 gallons in 1 minute while stalling swing to the left had less than a pint stalling swing to the right.... the spec calls for Standard 1.8 gallons per minute Maxium 5.3 gallons per minute ( not sure but seems odd to me to have some leakage one way but none the other??????) 7)Checked to see what the negitive pressure dropped to while stalling swing While stalling swing to the left it dropped from 400 psi to 380 psi... while stalling swing to the right it dropped from 400 psi to 220 psi 8)I decieded to swap the pilot lines at the swing control valve (port PA and PB) and checked the negitive pressure drop and it stayed the same While the swing stalled to the left the pressure dropped from 400 psi to 380 psi and while the swing stalled to the right it dropped from 400 to 240 psi 9) With the pilot lines still swapped (port PA and PB) I rechecked my port reliefs (swing) and noticed the problem switched sides at the relief valves with stalling the swing to the left was 3400psi and stalling the swing to the right was 1400 psi So this is where I am at and I hope I am going in the right direction or at least it offers a little more insight for you... Take care Stephen (rippy154)

  324. #324rippy1542011-10-18 14:02
  325. #325jey_c2011-10-19 02:27

    Interchange left and right relief valve and check again

  326. #326Kobe1302011-10-21 23:57

    Thanks Stephen (Rippy) your documentation is excellent. You are way ahead of me. Just picked up my RH joystick from the shop today. They resealed it and did not find any stuck or broken parts so now I am really worried. The boom was drifting down fast in neutral until I cut pilot pressure then it would hold like a rock. They tell me that possibly means a porous casting or an internal crack in the joystick case. Kobelco only offers a complete control not just the casing and its $1050 cahunas. Ouch. I won't get the resealed unit on for another week so I don't know if this problem is fixed but I'm expecting the worst. After that I will have to continue checking pressures so I can isolate the slow swing problem. I guess there is always a good reason people sell off used equipment. Anyway, one problem at a time and eventually they will get fixed. Meanwhile, the temptation to work on my new (to me) Crownline 225 is getting overpowering! Chiao

  327. #327Kobe1302011-10-24 00:04

    I went out to my machine today and installed the resealed RH joystick. To my great relief the boom holds when pilot pressure is on now. Apparently there must have been an internal leak which was corrected by the reseal job. The outside of the case was completely dry so this was a surprise. Probably a good idea to reseal both of them when one exhibits a serious problem - would have saved some time. Now on to the slow swing problem.

  328. #328rippy1542011-10-24 14:16

    Sorry its been awhile without an update but I had a tough week with all the rain we had here, the good was when I got back to the garage I walked over to the machine and said " I know I am losing pilot pressure so lets find out where" The 1st thing I did was deadhead all my left hand pilot pressures at the main control valve. At Arm in ,Arm out and swing right I had 680 psi of secondary pilot pressure and at swing left I had 320 PSI. I decieded to go right to the pilot control handle to ellimanate a bad hose ,restrictor or clogged screen Result was the same coming right out of the handle. I disasemmbled the pilot control handle and at 1st glance everything looked fine and than I realized that for some reason one of the spring seats was in the wrong positon. 1 and 3 have differnet lenth spring seats than 2 and 4... put the parts back where they belong and now everything is working fine. The only thing I can think of is one of my operators (sometimes the operators like to play mechanic and tell no one) or another mecahnic (the company had 1 other full time mechanic before the economy crash a few years ago now its just me) resealed the handle due to leaking and didn't realize that the seats differ Anyway What a pain but it freshend me up on my troubleshooting skills

  329. #329rippy1542011-10-24 14:27

    Is your swing problem only to 1 side or is it just real slow in both directions????? Does the speed increase when you arm in while swinging????? I always check pilot pressure 1st. Put a 1000psi gauge right on your pilot pump and you want around 710psi with warm oil around 775psi or close to 800psi with cold oil but always set pressure with warm oil I would check your circuit (swing) reliefs by putting a 5000 psi (minium) gauge on pump 2 and stalling swing both right and left and than check your secondary pilot pressure right at the swing control valve using a 1000 psi. i wouls tee in to see your working pressure but also deadhead it to see what deadhead pressure is as well You could also take the caps off the spool at the swing control valve to make sure the spool moves smootly by hand and that the spring is not broken. You very well could have an internal leak in your left pilot handle as well but first you have to figure out what circuit your problem is in Primary Pilot, main or circuit reliefs, secondary pilot Let me know if I can offer any other advice

  330. #330Kobe1302011-10-24 15:52

    Glad to hear it was as simple as that! The slow swing problem on my sk130 seems odd to me. When I throw it into swing on either side nothing happens for a second or two then it slowly begins to swing smoothly - no noise. If I pick up the boom it greatly increases in speed. Same going the other way. Does this sound like a broken spring in a pressure relief (or its jambed) where its given up and can not hold much pressure? I'll have to pull out all the relief valves to check them. Hopefully this is not a main pump issue.

  331. #331rippy1542011-10-24 18:32

    What swing control valve do you have??? There should be a tag right on it. Swing is a 1 pump function using only pump 2 which is the pump furthest from the engine. If you really feel you have a pump problem you can swap the 2 feed hoses off your pumps which would switch your swing to run off pump 1. If it worked better you could assume that pump 2 is bad... however pumps rebuilding is very very expensive so you will want to be sure. I have seen regulators go bad but usually you will have two functions go bad at the same time that run on the same pump Do your pressure tests tell will tell you a lot. I'm not sure how many machines you have but you don't need to buy a bunch of gauges get 2 6000 psi gauges and you can do all your tests. You will also need a few adaptors and T's. When I was talking about a spring I was talking of the spring on the spool in your swing control valve. The spool is held in a neutral position by spring pressure and when secondary pilot pressure enters either Port Pa or PB it will overcome the spring pressure swinging the machine left or right. Sometimes the spool can get hung up and not slide real smooth.. Its rare but real easy to check. Where do you live???? Do you have a service manual???? If not I could copy some pages out of mine and mail or fax or scan and emil them The test are easy you just need some time and if possible lots of beer Sometimes I wish i could drink at work LOL Anyway let me know if you need anything

  332. #332Kobe1302011-10-24 23:30

    Thx, Rippy. My limitation is time - just not enough of it. I have the Kobelco service manual for this machine - it is a must for doing this kind of trouble shooting. I see guys commenting in these pages all the time about not having one. The simple answer is ya gotta spend the 250 bucks and get one. We're up in Manitoba about an hour's flight north of Minneapolis. The Kobelco brand is just inching its way up here the last few years. Seems to be mainly Cat country. Have some high pressure gages now just need to get some Ts. Think I will start to check the relief valves tho as that seems the easiest thing to start with and I'd like to reseal 'em and check for breakage anyway. I'm not a HD mechanic by trade but this machine and my 580s are turning me into one. Regarding the pumps I hear awful numbers like $5000 get thrown around to rebuild one so I'll make sure it really needs it before I go that route. There are Chinese made internals for these main Kawasakis - wonder how they compare to the originals? At any rate I will track down the swing issue and now I know its not the same joystick problem you had. Cheers.

  333. #333Kobe1302011-10-25 00:06

    To answer your questions, machine is 1998 sk130lc, serial YPU2328. Stepping motor removed by me, replaced with straight cable throttle. Only pressure measured at this point is pilot at the gear pump read about 700 psi. Travel seems good, boom, arm functions are good. Main problem now seems to be very slow swing although it does operate in both directions. Eventually I will measure all pressures and readjust to spec. Both LH and RH joysticks have now been disassembled and resealed. Both boom cylds leak at the gland so off they come this winter. With all these hydraulic troubles I take some comfort in that the previous owner put a reman 4BT in it only 2 years before I bought it. Purrs like a kitty. Yep, it was so hot this summer I went thru plenty of cool ones while cussing at the thing.

  334. #334StumpyWally2011-10-25 10:06

    New Holland EH 80 (Kobelco) 2005 Bought this machine used in 2008 with only 615 hrs. Steel tracks, short arm 5'-11", Isuzu engine, excavator s/n N5TA18019, with Geith hydraulic thumb & 24" Werk-Brau bucket. Have 2 problems: 1. Travel alarm does not work, never has, but fuse is OK. Is it the alarm itself, or some relay or sensor?? 2. Bucket cylinder does not hold position when control is in neutral, bucket drops very slowly. There are no external hydraulic leaks. Is it the cylinder (so a repack may help), or the control valve?? Where is the control valve?? Otherwise it is a great machine & I love it!!

  335. #335Trinhvo2011-10-25 11:53

    Hi Mr Kobelco and everybody, i have some trouble about the engine and the hydraulic system with my Kobelco K904c excavator, so i really need a shop manual of my excavator, please help me!

  336. #336MR. KOBELCO2011-10-25 21:12

    hi, please provide the serial number of machine and which may help out the engine make, model and eng serial number too. adam

  337. #337MR. KOBELCO2011-10-25 21:16

    hi, 1- travel alarm failure is common, likely just needs to be replaced. 2- bucket cyl, does the bucket rod extend? that is bckt dig motion? when you lift the lever lock does it stop moving? have you checked the hyd cyl for bypassing past the piston internally ? adam

  338. #338StumpyWally2011-10-25 21:53

    Thanks for travel alarm suggestion. Bucket cylinder works & digs fine. What do you mean by "when you lift the lever lock"?? The machine has full pilot controls, so the bucket cylinder is operated by moving the right-hand joystick left or right. As for checking if the piston cylinder is being bypassed internally in the cylinder, that's what I suspect is happening, but how do I check for that?? Also, I forget in my 1st post, but I have the same problem with the hydraulic cylinder on the Geith hydraulic thumb. It works fine, but when the thumb is not being used, or the machine is off, the hydraulic cylinder position creeps & allows the thumb to very slowly fall from its fully retracted position. So that I have to periodically fully retract it again by pressing the top right button on the right hand joystick. Same question on how do I check that cylinder for internal piston bypass leakage?? Tom

  339. #339Trinhvo2011-10-29 05:52

    ok, the model is K904C, serial number is k-14354, the engine is Mitshubishi 6D14C.

  340. #340MR. KOBELCO2011-10-29 15:59

    hi tom, the way i normally check for internal oil bypass on a hydr cyl is quite simple. start the machine and operate the cylinder in order to extend out the rod right to the end of its stroke. shut-off machine, relieve the pressure off the hyd tank carefully undo the hyd hose that connects to the rod end of the cylinder, place this hose from the rod end into a 5 gal pail, cap off the machine - open end of hyd line/tube, start the machine and operate it as to extend the rod once again, same as before, if the oil exiting the hose into the pail is more than a teaspoon then the cylinder will require overhauling. sometimes hyd thumbs do drift over time. some drift is normal. if you tend not to use the hyd thumb too often we have initiated a mechanical lock unto the arm so when the hyd thumb is parked against the arm it can be locked so you do not have to keep intermittently having to repark it over and over thru a job. cheers! adam

  341. #341MR. KOBELCO2011-10-29 16:01

    hi, i am seeing what i can locate for you. adam

  342. #342MR. KOBELCO2011-10-30 09:30

    my contact has offered to help you, a nice gesture. response received; The Best wishes to you and your familly, This Model is too old, It was manufactured in 1980 (31 years ago!!). So that tech. documents is very difficult to find out. Any way, I can help him to repair or recondition. Please tell him contact with me directly as my information below. Best regards. NGUYEN THE PHAT Engineering Dept. manager. DVCIQ4 Co. 301 HoangDieu street, Ward 6, District 4, HOCHIMINH city. VIETNAM. Hand phone: 0903.913.504 cheers! adam

  343. #343grandkobelco2011-10-31 06:08

    No serial port! My new computer only has USB ports, no serial ports, have you had any trouble downloading EST programs through USB ports? I've put out a asist request but not much help yet. Thanks for your time, wes.

  344. #344MR. KOBELCO2011-10-31 07:31

    hi wes, give me a call at work. 905-888-9070 i have the est setup with a usb laptop and win7 64 bit and works okay. i can give you the run down. seems to lock up though with hino dx software. still trying to make it work... adam

  345. #345grandkobelco2011-10-31 19:11

    I went to the shop this morning and the secretary handed me the new 7.1.0.0 est software with a buliten about usb to serial adaptors Model: USA-FTDI- A36. USB to RS-232 convertor. I'll see if I can find one of these and give it a whirl. I never had hino on my laptop only the shop did, but now that I have a brand new shiney SAMSUNG I'll see if I can load that up to. Thanks for your offer of help ,I'll be in touch.

  346. #346RNSpring2011-11-02 12:41

    I have a Kobelco SK300LC S/N: YCU1188 this machine had been sitting for about a year. I replaced batteries, checked fluids and started engine. The hydraulics worked for a couple minutes and then all controls stopped. The boom was up and would not go down, machine would not track or turn. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer but still nothing. I also checked the switch on the safety lever and it is working correctly, but the machine is disabled as if the lever is still raised. Any ideas what I should check?

  347. #347MR. KOBELCO2011-11-02 14:34

    hi, drop the panel under cab second one towards rear. look at side frame rail, you'll see a manifold block with 3 solenoids. i do believe the solenoid closest to the front of machine is your pilot lever lock sol. my guess this solenoid has gone kaput. can verify if unplug conn, w/ digital multi-tester on resistance (ohms=horseshoe symbol) connect leads of tester to wires off sol and should read 13.5 - 30 ohms if open coil is burnt out...you'll need to replace. you can temporarily bypass to get machine parked safely and be able to get at replacing better by manually override sol untop end of coil is rubber boot, in center is push pin, manually push and hold pushed to open pilot to run. this is not safe to continue running obviously so do not leave this way you will need new coil to make right. cheers adam

  348. #348Trinhvo2011-11-03 05:39

    Ok, thank you very much, nice to meet you.

  349. #349RNSpring2011-11-03 07:29

    Thanks Thanks Adam, I will check it and let you know how it works.

  350. #350RNSpring2011-11-03 17:08

    Adam, I pulled off the plate and there are two manifolds on the side rail, each with three solenoids. I can't get to or see any wires going to either of the solenoids but there looks to be a separate larger solenoid on the rear wall with wires perhaps going to the manifolds. When I depressed the push pins on each of the six solenoids, nothing much happened. The second solenoid on the forward manifold sounded like it briefly engaged something because there was a change in the engine's sound, none of the push pins would stay down, so i would hold each down while my operator tried to move the stick. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. Bob

  351. #351MR. KOBELCO2011-11-05 17:36

    hi, one - usually closest to front of machine is the lever lock, push down hard, i looked at parts cat yes 2 manifolds, with 3 solenoids each. solenoid is up push down hard and jam a rod or something to hold while you try to operate once you manually override it will open controls. be safe if this does not work then install 1,000 psi hyd prs gauge in small pilot gear pump and you should see 680-710 psi at wide-open-throttle if you do not check pilot relief or pilot gear pump. adam

  352. #352basicequipment2011-11-09 13:08

    Hello folks! This is my first time posting on any forum so please be patient with me!! I'm hoping some of you can steer us in the right direction of repairing our SK220LCIII excavator. The serial # is LLU0640. It's a pretty rough old machine that we use on the farm but it has served our purpose well until now. The machine was running fine until we had a problem with the arm cylinder. Packing on the arm cylinder was badly deteriorated and leaking. Apparently the machine was run low of hydraulic oil and this is when the problem showed up. The machine will now not do anything now. We have spent a good bit of time working on it and we have not really made any progress. We originally thought that we had air in the pilot signal lines from running the machine low of oil. At one point we had the left track working fine and the right track working some and we had the left joystick functions (arm and swing) barely creeping but the right control would not do anything. We took the "safety valve" ( valve that locks functions when the cab entry lever is pushed back) out and cleaned it thoroughly to be sure that the solenoid was working properly and the spool was shfting to allow pilot flow through and it is. We did find some rubber particles in the valve that could be from the deteriorating cylinder packings or seals in another valve in the system. We tried to bleed the pilot lines going to the main control valve but we are not getting any oil to them. We do have pilot pressure at the inlets of both joysticks and the travel control valve but we are not getting any fluid coming from any of the pilot signal lines going to the main control valve. We have also serviced all of the filters and checked the pressure according to the book for the pilot pressure. We are experienced with working on hydraulic equipment and hydraulic systems but not with anything that is controlled by pilot circuits. Is there something about the pilot circuit that we are not understanding or are we way off track. If any of you can offer any other ideas of anything we should check we would greatly appreciate the advise. Thanks in advance!!!

  353. #353MR. KOBELCO2011-11-09 14:27

    hi, in the kobelco's pilot system (remote) they use hydr fittings with built-in filter mesh screens. it is possible that if you teed into the feed hose you would register pilot system prs @ 680-710 psi. however, if this screen is plugged it would block oil into the joystick. ? also, if you can provide me your fax # there is a modification you will need to make to prevent contaminants from the arm cyl from getting back in causing the arm cyl seals, etc... to fail in a short period of time having you rework again. cheers! adam

  354. #354basicequipment2011-11-09 15:56

    Sk220lciii Thanks for the quick reply Adam. We did find one of the screened (filter) adaptors in the travel control supply and cleaned it out. Will all of the control supply ports have these filters in them? We will be working on it again Friaday and I will let you Know what we find! Thanks Again!

  355. #355MR. KOBELCO2011-11-09 16:59

    hi, yes there are multiple points. not only at the control " P " ports into manifold valves but also at various ports into the main hyd control valve too. cheers!

  356. #356MR. KOBELCO2011-11-09 20:10

    hi, one more thought... it is possible that the tiny pencil like spools in the joysticks located under each plunger could be jammed up due to smaller contaminants which could have passed thru the filter mesh screen. be careful when taking apart...its messy...and the pieces can spring out. also, some models usually the newer models have 2 different spool lengths. do not cross mix when reinstalling them once you get freed up. i had one machine where 7 of the 8 jammed all at once. on that machine i freed them up but when our customer had finished the job he was on new joysticks were installed for i found most were slightly bent. cheers! p.s. either e-mail me or provide a fax # for me to forward you what you will/most check and correct regarding an o-ring and backup ring within the pilot manifold itself. this will help ensure the arm cyl does not have a greater chance of cavitating (falling away from the hyd pump flow) and drawing oil from the return piping and hyd oil cooler which will have collected debris from all/any previous failures etc... and shortening the life on your overhauled arm cyl. also, you will need to make sure you perform whats called an A adjustment to get your engine rpm up in spec helping with greater oil flow sent out to run the system. adam my e-mail: [email protected]

  357. #357Boomer22011-11-12 23:47

    2006 Kobelco SK 290 LC Serial # LB0 4U0602 I have a squeal in the swing function of this machine. The noise is fairly loud but short duration and seems to be in the turntable area. It occurs only at the beginning of a swing to the left and at the end of a swing to the right. the turntable is tight,quiet,well greased,and the swing motor is full of oil. We interchanged the relief valves on the swing motor but this did not change anything.We disabled the swing brake,tried with full bucket,then emty bucket-nothing changed.We planted the bucket in the ground and put a little torque on the turntable by turning the tracks but this did not duplicate the noise. Don't really know if it's a hydraulic or mechanical noise. The speed and quietness of the swing seems fine except at the points mentioned above. Any help is appreciated.

  358. #358MR. KOBELCO2011-11-13 15:32

    hi, i could see what i could do, it'll be easier to contact me at work. call from the cab and we can run thru the mechanic maint screens builtin the cab display. work # 905-888-9070 also greased - that is greased both the turntable swing bearing (grease ftg) as well as the slewing gear grease sump (removal of the inspection plate on top side) ? adam

  359. #359Boomer22011-11-13 19:22

    Thanks Adam for the reply. You mentioned checking the slewing gear grease sump. Only inspection plate I could find is a small one at the base of the boom which only allows you to see the top of the gear. Owners manual describes and illustrates an inspection plate in the battery compartment, but none could found.I wanted to check that before calling. Also, listening to it again today, a creaking noise may describe it better than a squeal.

  360. #360Aleksandar2011-11-16 13:22

    How could I get service manuals, electric schematic and replacement parts for excavator Kobelco K907-2

  361. #361Boomer22011-11-16 19:19

    Thanks Adam, Your first thoughts on my problem were 100% correct. Additional possibilities you mentioned showed me your focus was to help solve the problem. Thanks again.

  362. #362MR. KOBELCO2011-11-16 21:05

    hi, i am sure we can help you with both. all i need from you at this point is to e-mail me the machine serial number along with the engine manufacturer at [email protected] the ser# will likely begin with a " YQ " cheers adam

  363. #363joshua232011-11-17 09:13

    Hi. I'm new to this forum so im sorry if i post this wrong. I have a problem with my excavator. I have a Kobelco sk200lc mark IV with the S/N yqu3191. The problem initially started with the machine getting hard to start and it seemed like after sitting and running rough for a minute it would then warm up and run somewhat normal. After starting the machine one morning i noticed a burning smell and noticed that the fuel pump sylanoid was smoking. I figured that was the reason that it was acting up before. i replaced that and it was still doing the same thing. we managed to get it onto the trailer and brought it back to the shop where we unloaded it and i sat for about a week and when i last went out to start it i had nothing when i turned the key. after messing with it a while the computer finally came on when i turned the key and read s/m failure. Im not sure where to start with it, i hear that a harness is known for going bad but im not sure. i figured i would ask for some advice before i try anything else. Your help is greatly appreciated!

  364. #364MR. KOBELCO2011-11-17 12:46

    hi, i do believe that your engine has the inline fuel injection pump. the fuel shut-off solenoid incorporates a rod and eye. these solenoids must be reinstalled 100% proper or they will not last long at all. they're not cheap either. the solenoid is dual - pull coil and hold coil. the rod length has to be right to ensure the pull opens fuel fully and that once it has opened the hold coil powers on and the pull coil turns off. there is a 30amp inline fuse for this circuit located inbehind the cab seat near the floor of the cab underneath the humped channel that stores the travel levers when they are removed by operator. as far as the s/m fail code... it can mean exactly as it states that the stepper mtr that controls the eng throttle has failed. could be bad wiring in the circuit, coil A or B, or limit switch could be as well your batteries are way down or kaput for these codes run on voltage signals and the elec system has to be 18+ volts to function properly. before going to far check your battery cell levels, specific gravity, voltage, load test, battery cable conn, alternator charging 27-28volts at wot **** please note: do NOT force the stepper governor mtr when power is on,...you will fry the computer...this will become quite costly for you! batteries are qty. 2 of 4D-1010 send me e-mail at " [email protected] " i'll send you some info.

  365. #365PRXP2011-11-22 16:38

    2003 SK200FR-LC with erratic(jerky) swing both directions,worst if multifuntioned

  366. #366MR. KOBELCO2011-11-22 19:02

    hi, i will be reviewing my notes as we had discussed on the phone and as i told tony @ ayers. i should be able to get something together for you the end of the week once i return from the factory. week i get back at work is 2nd week of december. please e-mail me your contact info @ [email protected] cheers! adam

  367. #367engbody832011-11-24 07:28

    hello guys i have excavator kobelco k909 its main pump is linde-ebara b2pvc 105 i need the spare parts manual for this excavator and i cant found it on www.kobelcoamerica.com abdou

  368. #368MR. KOBELCO2011-11-24 19:53

    hi, please e-mail me at " [email protected] " and also give the machine serial number may begin with " LL " i'll see what i can find for you. cheers adam

  369. #369chas sk1502011-11-29 12:48

    Hi Mr. kobelco I have a 150sk MarkIII. The starter /ignition has been acting up. Now the display panel will not display . I turn the key to ACC it does not come on. When I turn the key to ON the startes whirs. I am not sure whats up. Thanks chas sk150

  370. #370MR. KOBELCO2011-11-29 23:56

    hi, please e-mail me your ser# and i'll see what i can do to help. ser# YM ? e-mail @ [email protected] cheers! adam

  371. #371raolela2011-12-02 21:31

    Dear I am thinking, if the kobelco machine made in china is different from in USA and japan? all parts are same and interchangable?

  372. #372MR. KOBELCO2011-12-03 16:19

    yes, there would be various differences between these machines for they are built for their particular region sold to operate. differences such as hyd pumps, engine emmissions and safety to be met as that region would call for. this is why i always request the machine model, serial number, engine manufacturer, if equipped with a turbo or not, engine serial number, hydraulic pump manufacturers tag numbers, etc... the more info the better, component tag info, part numbers stamped into a specific component, this makes my job easier to aid in locating parts and/or in troubleshooting and isolating a problem with a machine. digital pictures taken of the machine, in the cab, hyd pump compartment, engine, hyd main control valve etc... are a thousand words... if you do require my help please e-mail as much as possible as mentioned above to " [email protected] " i can then see what i can do to help! cheers! adam

  373. #373RogerCampbell2011-12-05 11:49

    I have an ED 180 SN. YLU0041 The swing motor kept getting loose. We replaced the bolts but didnot help. Now it makes a grinding noise at certain locations while swinging. It feels like the gears catch somtimes well. I need to find someone eho is faliliar with this machine and get it repaired. It only has 3500 hours. Im located in Southern Idaho.

  374. #374eric122011-12-05 11:54

    hi joshua23 i had a similar issue with my kobelco sk200lc and it turned out there is a service bulletin/ recall on the stepper motor with that machine and the dealer replaced it. if i can find the service bulletin ill send it to you so you have somewhere to start looking.

  375. #375eric122011-12-05 12:01

    i had a similar issue like 5 years ago and it was very intermittent but just this year it came back and killed the machine completely. i ended up finding the starter solenoid was shorted out and replaced it for about $45 and the machine has worked since. its behind the seat in the cab under the cover behind the seat near the cpu.

  376. #376MR. KOBELCO2011-12-05 17:09

    hi, if you have not inspected already,... check the ring at the bottom of the swing tower to where the swing gear reduction unit fastens too. i have had a couple units where the welds fastening this ring to the upper platform had cracked in the unit is loose, i had one where the swing quit for the slewing gear was now allowing the swing tower to climb untop and it just sat untop gears not meshing. also, make sure the slew sump is drained off of all foreign water, etc... and remove the upper grease inspection oval fill plate and add grease moly ep2 inbetween gears no more than 1/2 way up tooth and top spatcheling by hand 4-5 teeth at a time all the way round 360 degrees. the grease zirk see visually outside on turntable is for the swing bearing only ep2 grease one shot at 4 points every 500 hours. do not over grease! cheers! adam my e-mail: [email protected]

  377. #377muddog2011-12-08 22:49

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, I have a 1998 SK130LC Mark iv serial #YPU2379. I have broke the outer race for the slewing ring. I think I have found an after market ring. (complete unit) Are the after market units the same as the o.e.m. units or are they a universal fit? After there any connections that are inside the slewing ring that have to be disconnected? I know the hyd. swivel is in there, but I'm not sure how it is connected. Any help you can give me will be deeply apperciated. This is the first time in changing anything like this. Thank You in advance for Your help. Muddog

  378. #378finaldrive2011-12-09 00:44

    Muddog, I'll send you a pm about our brand of slewing rings for your machine. Bolts for the upper frame come out, bolts for lower frame. Disconnect hoses and undeck. It's a chore. If you don't have a service manual I am sure Adam can help you with detailed steps.

  379. #379MR. KOBELCO2011-12-09 09:56

    yes, finaldrive is correct, please e-mail me your info with a fax # to " [email protected] " cheers! adam

  380. #380SK80CS2011-12-12 14:02

    SK80CS strange hydraulic problem Hi Adam, I have an SK80CS LF01-000540. I have a strange hydraulic problem. Left track is slow and will stop, Right side normal, Arm in is slow, Arm out normal, bucket close is slow, bucket open is normal. left boom swing is slow, right boom swing is normal. Slew appears normal, dozer appears normal, boom appears normal. If you engage the right track while using any of the slow functions, they speed up. We swapped the two main pressure lines on the pump and nothing changed. Any ideas what could be happening ??? Arm out will also stall the engine, but I believe that's a different problem ... Best regards, Mick

  381. #381MR. KOBELCO2011-12-12 14:38

    hi mick, obviously be sure to swap the hoses back to the way it was. questions; - do you have the shop manual to refer to? - does your machine have factory auxiliary hydr plumbing, if so are you using the plumbing for an attachment ? ie.; hydraulic thumb or such... - have you taken hydr pressure readings from pressure test ports on the pumps? - what is your engine rpm ? at lo-idle and hi-idle - i would ask that you e-mail me your info along with the data that i ask for below, so that i can respond, my e-mail is " [email protected] - the test ports on the pumps are a 1/4" jis bspp thread - that is bspp with an o-ring gauges 2 X 6,000 psi 1 x 1,000 psi with 6000 psi gauges on each main pump boom up over relief and record with travel sprockets in the back, then stall tracks going forward by pin in sprocket jams against the frame and stall both together and record then stall in the reverse direction too what is even helpful since your gauges are in is to stall each circuit and record also ie; arm out arm in bucket dig bucket dump swing right and then left (teeth locked in ground) dozer is usually a seperate gear pump pilot pressure is also needed etc... adam

  382. #382shinigamix2x2011-12-13 12:01

    Good day to you all, here's my small problem: SK210LC Dynamic Acera ~ YQ08 Machine can’t left-track and swing at the same time, When the travel-left lever is fully or half-way activated, the left track motor works fine, but when we engage the swing lever, the pump stalls, makes a loud noise like when you’re doing “boom over-relief”, then the left track motor slows down a lot. Same thing applies as to when you’re swinging either left or right, it works fine but once you activate the travel left lever while swinging, same thing happens, the swing slows down a lot and the pump makes that loud growling noise. I’m quite new to these things, but thanks to Adam I was able to do the following checks. • Checked solenoids on solenoid valve block ~ all solenoids are ok • Checked Pressure Switches on pressure sensor block ~ all pressure sensors are ok • Checked Independent Travel Solenoids ~ Solenoids are ok • Checked pressure readings on Mechatronic Screen ~ operated machine and recorded all pressure readings. All Pressure Reading Are OK • Also not really relevant to this, but for testing purposes we’ve reset the stepping motor adjustments (A&B adjustment, Also reset the voltages to the solenoids using the mechatronics) • Engine RPM is ok • Pump 1 and Pump 2 Pressures are ok Everything else on the machine is working fine, Dig, Dump, Swing Left, Swing Right, Boom Up/Down, and Stick In/Out, Travel right, left etc. I'm supposed to check the port relief valves after but the machine went out to work that same day and didn't get the time since. But then again i'm not sure which relief valves to check. Thank you all for your time, please share some ideas.

  383. #383Porter2011-12-14 11:36

    A friend recently had the swing motor stolen from a K905 in Eastern CT. He finally found a reman replacement but if you heard of anyone selling this part *used* in Eastern CT I would appreciate it.

  384. #384StumpyWally2011-12-14 21:49

    Adam: Thanks for the advice on checking for oil bypass on hydraulic cylinder. But one question...why do I have to "cap off the machine - open end of hyd line/tube" when I try to extend the rod, won't this machine end be under no pressure (unless the control valve leaks a little)?? Also, regarding the drifting thumb, what do you mean "we have initiated a mechanical lock unto the arm"?? Do you mean that Kobelco now builds such a lock into their new machines? Or that you have added such a lock in the past? Any ideas on how to add one to my machine?? Finally, can you help me obtain a shop or repair manual for my excavator for future reference?? It is a 2005 New Holland EH 80 (Kobelco), s/n or pin # N5TA18019, Machine # LF04-02072, Isuzu diesel engine # CC4JG1-272608 with a build date of Feb 9, 2005, 600mm wide steel tracks, 2.07 meter arm, 3.72 meter boom. I have the original packing list from Kobelco to CNH America. Tom

  385. #385MR. KOBELCO2011-12-17 14:04

    hi, please be very aware... all the propovalve solenoids do show and display a pressure value in the monitor but,... this is only a calculated pressure...you must tee into the pilot line at the particular spool cap or port that the signal ends in order to confirm 100% that you are indeed getting the pressure matching what the display screen says should be there this is based upon the mA signal. also, i had just fixed one machine yesterday the screens all looked fine, but when i teed in a pressure gauge it always read zero. end result i came to was that even though the mA signal was present the c-1 mechatro-controller was not able to provide it the necessary voltage behind the mA to shift the psv solenoid valve. i replaced the c-1 mechatro-controller and regained the psv signal pressure. machine is now performing 100%. cheers! adam

  386. #386MR. KOBELCO2011-12-17 14:13

    hi tom, if you do not cap off the machine you'll lose alot of oil. usually when the machine is running each circuit not being functioned will register 200 or so psi. you will empty your tank! on the other note please e-mail me...so i can return info my e-mail: [email protected] cheers! adam

  387. #387MR. KOBELCO2011-12-17 14:48

    hey again, just a reminder i need you to e-mail me all your info. i'll need to set you up as so i can send info e-mail: [email protected] cheers adam

  388. #388shinigamix2x2011-12-19 07:35

    Thank you Adam, will work on that as soon as the excavator returns to the garage, On another different note, We're doing a restoration on a SK330LC Dynamic Acera, (YC06). Right now i'm getting no where looking for the connectors for the solenoids and pressure sensors on the Hydraulic Pump. If you can supply these for me i would greatly appreciate it. Though i know it will take some time to ship from Canada to the Caribbean but i don't mind that at all. Also the connectors for the Stepper motor as well. Been looking around, liaised with a few kobelco dealers but no luck. Thank you for your time. Best regards.

  389. #389IH560JL2011-12-19 20:30

    Anyone have info on kobelco sk50ur with yanmar 3tn100 engine, looking to buy, told engine has a "tick" have not heard it run yet. I know it was not setup for us market. All working is in japeneze symbols. Where can i get a free english manual? Thks jim 8156260328

  390. #390MR. KOBELCO2011-12-20 21:04

    hi, since this machine is grey market i would advise run the opposite way. unless you purchase the following 2 manuals if you have any questions on the machine or need parts without them you'd be sol. the only manuals available to purchase will be from Farmers Equipment in the usa. an operators and parts catalogues. the repair or service manuals are not obtainable at all. cheers! adam

  391. #391dattuan2011-12-21 10:48

    Dear all ! I have a Kobleco SK330-6, now travel left is fine but travel right is slow and bucket dump and digging are slow, when I work other functions ( boom up -down, arm in-out) , travel right is fine. Can U help me !..Thanks very much .

  392. #392MR. KOBELCO2011-12-21 20:21

    hi dattuan, i require your serial number - YC06- or YC07- e-mail this to me at " [email protected] " i'll see what i can offer for you to check cheers! adam

  393. #393muddog2011-12-24 23:57

    Thanks for the info, I will contact them next week. I've been told there is a video someone posted of the slewing ring replacement in the field. I have looked, but have not found it. Do you have any info on this? If anyone knows where to locate it, I would deeply apperciate it. Thanks, Muddog

  394. #394muddog2011-12-30 09:59

    info Hi Adam, Hope you have enjoyed Your time off. Finally got the fax to work and also recieved the copy in the mail. Non to determine the best way to block and jack the machine up to make the repair it. Have a Very Happy New Year. Thanks for the info, Muddog

  395. #395domsant172011-12-30 17:15

    I agree with mr. Kobelco. all you have to do is to check/change the two check valves found inside the fuel feed pump. It's the inlet and outlet check valves, sometimes only the tensioner spring is the culprit. you can buy the set of check valves with the spring.

  396. #396LACHAU2012-01-03 04:13

    Dear Mr.DATTUAN, Tôi nghĩ một vế bơm của bạn bị lỗi rồi (vế bơm dành cho chân bên phải. Bơm số 1). Bơm này đồng thời cũng dành riêng cho Bucket. Khi bạn thao tác BOOM hoặc ARM, hai bơm một và hai sẽ hòa với nhau. Nên lúc ấy chân phải lại chạy tốt (lưu ý van TRAVEL PRIORITY trong van phân phối). Bạn xem trên màn hình có báo lỗi gì không?

  397. #397CM19952012-01-03 07:46

    Lachau, we are going to need your last post translated to English please. In the future please post in English, as it is the Official language of Heavy Equipment Forums. Thank you, CM

  398. #398joshua232012-01-03 09:07

    Hello, I'm having a problem with our Kobelco sk200lc mark IV excavator. When i go out to start it up it cranks and starts normal but once it starts its idle is very low and it will not throttle up. It just started randomly doing this and im wondering if it is a problem with the stepping motor. Im not getting any msgs. or codes on the screen. After it sits and idles rough for a bit it will gradually idle up on its own then after that it all works normally. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Josh

  399. #399LACHAU2012-01-03 22:56

    Dear Mr.DATTUAN, As Mr.KOBELCO said; you should tell the serial number of your machine. I think the No.1 main pump has gotten trouble. This main pump is supplied pressurized oil for Bucket and Right travel. While you operated BOOM or ARM, the two main pump are merged so that the right travel has been OK. (It through the TRAVEL PRIORITY valve at Control valve) How is the monitor display? What error code ??

  400. #400rfedistribution2012-01-04 11:36

    Whoa! I have never seen one of those. Thats hilarious!

  401. #401TXBart2012-01-04 21:53

    Hi. I just registered for this site because I saw interesting posts relating to Kobelco excavators. I am considering the purchase of and old 1988 K916LC. This is a gray market machine and my local Kobelco dealer and others are telling me parts will be impossible to find and I should not buy it. OK, I've been warned! The stamped in serial number is YS-00143. It has a 6 cyl. 246 HP Mitsubishi engine and weighs about 50 tons. I am quite sure it was built in Japan possible by another company now out of business. I can't recall the name but I read it here. (MDI Yatani???) Machine seems to be sound but joysticks are leaking hydraulic oil and the travel foot pedals are doing the same. It appears there is a "ball type" hydraulic valve that needs to be replaced in both locations. Will these parts be hard to find? Also, should I avoid this machine due to its age, gray market status and general lack of diagnostic materials available in the US? Thanks for anything you can tell me relative to this machine. NOw I see I posted under quick reply. Guess I did this wrong. Sorry!

  402. #402grandkobelco2012-01-05 18:50

    TXBart I'v worked for a Kobelco dealer just about 20 years, unless this machine is free, I would not touch it!

  403. #403grandkobelco2012-01-05 18:58

    sk200lc The first thing I would check is the ball joints between the stepping motor and the gov arm. Remove these and see if they are free. Use two wrenches and do not force the stepping motor tho move if the key is on! Next you may need a "A" adj.

  404. #404TXBart2012-01-05 19:52

    Thanks for your input! I guess I should run the opposite direction. But you have peaked my curiousity. Could I trouble you to explain your strong opinion of what problems I might encounter if I chose to buy it anyway (which I won't)? Does it have weak areas like the Mitsubishi engine, hydraulics, controls, undercarriage, etc. I would really be interested to hear what your 20 years of experience has taught you. Thank you again for putting it on the line so I won't make an expensive mistake.

  405. #405autoelektricar2012-01-06 04:54

    Hello Mr. Kobelco! I am new on this forum.I have question,about Kobelco SK210-4,year of production 1996.This is for now all the information i have,sorry. The owner of the machine give mechanic to dismount and disassembled engine and assembled it and mounted back.Now what happened,they loose automatic governer control. So engine is on low idle when you touch comands.My assuming is that i need procedure to memory governer rod position.What i found looking over internet it can be done with monitor panel, but need to know which button to press?

  406. #406TXBart2012-01-06 18:52

    Mr Kobelco, your opinion please! Mr. Kobelco: I would ask you to respond to my original question about purchasing an old 1988 K916LC excavator (see entry #402). Although I am very new to this site, I can tell your opinion and knowledge is greatly treasured by those who turn to this forum for information. Answers I have received from this site so far (one) and from local dealers, etc. say for me not to get involved. Reading between the lines, it seems to be over the lack of parts availability. Please let me know what you think. Although the odds of me actually making the purchase are quite slim, I would apprecite your input. Specifically, I would like your knowledge of what systems are prone to failure. Thanks! TXBart

  407. #407autoelektricar2012-01-08 13:23

    Does anybody have information about mechatro "A" adjustment procedure of governor motor?

  408. #408LACHAU2012-01-09 13:01

    This is a "A" adjustment document for your reference. "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD"

  409. #409autoelektricar2012-01-09 13:52

    Ok,thank you Mr. Lachau!Now i decided to pool back from this case.I worked as service technician for Cat and Komatsu and friend of this customer asked me for help.I think case is to complicated.In Croatia we only have FiatKobelco service,and they dont have this information.But i should invest money to solve this problem and my upinion is that customer expect this would be solved for 20€ cost. Land with no money and if you look for help expences are growing.Now this days you dont have to have talent or knowlege,just enough money to folow.Best regards everybody!

  410. #410TXBart2012-01-09 14:36

    Mr. Kobelco, your opinion please! Hi. I just registered for this site because I saw interesting posts relating to Kobelco excavators. I am considering the purchase of and old 1988 K916LC. This is a gray market machine and my local Kobelco dealer and others are telling me parts will be impossible to find and I should not buy it. OK, I've been warned! The stamped in serial number is YS-00143. It has a 6 cyl. 246 HP Mitsubishi engine and weighs about 50 tons. I am quite sure it was built in Japan possible by another company now out of business. I can't recall the name but I read it here. (MDI Yatani???) Machine seems to be sound but joysticks are leaking hydraulic oil and the travel foot pedals are doing the same. It appears there is a "ball type" hydraulic valve that needs to be replaced in both locations. Will these parts be hard to find? Also, should I avoid this machine due to its age, gray market status and general lack of diagnostic materials available in the US? Thanks for anything you can tell me relative to this machine. NOw I see I posted under quick reply. Guess I did this wrong. Sorry!

  411. #411grandkobelco2012-01-10 06:22

    TXbart Mabey I was a bit fast by saying "don't own it". If you are a farmer needing it to clear ditches or other farm work it might work. If you plan on making your house payments with it, you wont. Any hyd leak can be fixed, but you'll have to find the parts localy or make them yourself. Your dealer won't have a parts book, or service manual, or information. The price of repair, thats already to expencive, will cost even more, unless you can do everthing yourself. The engine is the best part of this machine. It's the travel motors you have to be concerned about.

  412. #412keano2012-01-10 12:26

    Hello everyone I have an SK120LC YPUO420 and I am having power problems. I have had this machine for many years and I have had problems with the power selection switch in the past, but usually if I just rotate it a couple of times everything works fine. But now I when I put a heavy load on it, like taking too big of a scoop it pulls the motor RPM down and I have no power. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

  413. #413thebaz2012-01-10 17:20

    TXbart Kobelco have a really good online parts listing, http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx , however as yours is Gray market the serial number will not match up. Kobelco usually have most of their models covered with the different country variances catered for in the parts books, so if you can identify the exact model you should be able to find the part numbers. Do you think this machine is a K912, K912A, or K912 MKII? If it is a MKII, they are a pretty robust and well built machine with good features, but the question is always what kind of life it had up till now as parts will be difficult to find. I have a K907 MKII which is a 20ton class machine and as they were fairly prolific, there are more parts available.

  414. #414Dozerboy2012-01-10 18:48

    We don't have a operators manual for our newer SK330LE? Are they online somewhere I'm looking for what all the button in the cab do, and How do you reset the damn change engine oil light? Thanks

  415. #415grandkobelco2012-01-11 06:18

    First make shure this is not fuel related. Check the flow out of the tank, change the filters, with a 19mm whench take out the banjo style bolt out of the inlet of the lift pump and clean the screan. After all that check your fuses, if it's electrical it could be many things, it will take some time to trak down. Do not use a test light on anything.

  416. #416wheelz2012-01-11 08:25

    I had MSHA show up here at out processing plant on 1/4/12. We are not running and shut down for the winter, not to mention we just spent 30k after their last annual inspection the 3rd week of October. To say I wasn't happy to see them would be an understatement. I had a great deal of respect for them and worked hand in hand with the last inspector. Great guy and a true professional and a total class act. he was right about everything he said and did and we are safer here because of him. That being said, the two inspectors that showed up here on the 4th were trailer park trash in my opinion. Safety my butt, they were only here to write citations. We haven't been running and it was clearly obvious. They took my plant operator out of the warm safe office and proceeded to make him climb the plant with a bum hip. I was rippin' mad and tore them to shreds verbally. I called their supervisor and he agreed they didn't belong here at that time. 20 minutes later they were gone, but they wrote a chump citation on an old Kobelco we have here in the yard. They wrote us up for the travel alarm not working, which it wasn't going to travel anywhere until the spring. We weren't using it, nor did we have any immediate plans TO use it. The problem is, I can't find a travel alarm on the machine. It is a 907 LC II, I'm not even sure of the year, but I am guessing it is around a 1985. It doesn't even belong to our company, but where it is on our property, it is my responsibility to fix it at this point. Would anyone happen to know if A) It came stock from the factory with a travel alarm installed? B) Where in the heck would it have been if it was there? I have been all through it and there is no evidence of it ever even having one. It looks like there is some sort of a bracket in place that you can see from one of the side panels, but I can't be sure if that is where it goes. MSHA is giving me until tomorrow to fix it and amend the citation. Personally, my feeling is they had no business being here in the first place, which obviously they didn't and that's why they left. I can't fight city hall though and I really need to fix this hunk of steel. Thanks, wheelz

  417. #417thebaz2012-01-11 09:35

    Hey wheelz, I have a K907mkII myself and had to install micro switches on both travel levers and wire up a backup alarm myself to make it safety compliant and it has been working fine for many years. (although the alarms themselves seem to fail too often) Although Kobelco did offer backup alarm as an option it is rare. You can see the factory parts here, http://partstore.kobelcoamerica.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr03-303ar03-303-508-29714 but there is not much to go on from that diagram. Hope that is some help. Baz

  418. #418keano2012-01-11 12:11

    I changed out the fuel filter, but I'll do as you suggested and check out the lift pump screen, and fuses. Thanks

  419. #419wheelz2012-01-11 14:31

    Thank you! Baz, thanks a million for your reply. I ended up just installing a simple toggle switch directly from the battery and then to an alarm. It looks like a 2nd grader installed it (LOL) but it is working nonetheless. I have an email sent to the last MSHA inspector we had here asking him if he thought it would be sufficient. What a difference between inspectors, the last guy we had here was a complete professional and I welcomed him with open arms. The last thing I want to see here is someone getting hurt or even worse. What these last two inspectors did was downright wrong, they knew full well we aren't operating this winter, yet they felt compelled to issue a citation on a piece of equipment that wasn't "traveling" anywhere just to justify their existence and to be able to drive around in their MSHA issued van. They have been back here twice since they left here the first time, once to issue the citation the following day and again to check on our progress of fixing the problem. They will be here again tomorrow as well. If you saw the situation they are seeing you would not even believe they bothered writing us up to begin with. I am 100 percent for no one getting hurt and I am positive the last REAL inspector would back me up on that. These two that showed up here are nothing but parasites. It is a shame really because up until 1/4/12, I had the utmost respect for the organization. Anyway, thank you again for the info, it at least allowed me to stop crawling all over the machine looking for something that was obviously never there to begin with. Take care, wheelz

  420. #420justink2012-01-11 23:50

    07 sk170 mark8 The machines functions are sluggish and weak, at least according to the operator. I've been told it also doesn't multi function well(track and swing) I do know the filter has been changed recently. I've been told I should start with the pump pressures ny removing the plugs on the right side of the pumps. Should have 5700 and 5400 psi in-relieved. Also been told I should have 5000 at the relief valve. I know how to check the pressure at the pump but don't know how to check relief pressure or pilot pressure. Other than those things above I don't know what else to do or check. What else should I check?

  421. #421wsw2012-01-12 07:58

    To Wheelz I would throw an " out of service tag " on the exterior of the door and one in the cab covering the key switch and they cannot fine you then

  422. #422wheelz2012-01-12 09:44

    I did a lot of homework on this whole deal. The citation should absolutely get thrown in the garbage at this point, hopefully after today it will be a done deal. According to what we were cited for 56.14132a it clearly sates that if the machine was equipped with a travel alarm it MUST be maintained. Well, the Kobelco I have here was never equipped with one, which according to the last inspector we had here, it is not at all unusual given the make and year of the machine not to have one. I have the entire repair manual that is specific for this machine and a travel alarm never existed in the first place. They are supposed to return here today to check on whether or not I repaired it. It's pretty difficult to repair something that isn't there. I have his Supervisor's name and cell number, if he gives me any grief I will immediately get him on the phone. I did install a simple alarm that is hooked up to a toggle switch that the operator would have to use manually if/when he moves the machine, but it really is quite useless being hooked up like it is. I greatly appreciate the replies to my dilemma, I will be sure to post the outcome and hopefully it will help someone else out down the road. thank you, wheelz Just for the record: If this truly involved someone being safe, I would absolutely address the problem head on and fix the situation. If you could see what the inspector deemed as a safety hazard, I am positive that anyone in this situation would feel the same as I do. My plant operator just got married and has a baby on the way due to an over zealous honeymoon, I sure as heck want him going home in one piece at the end of the day.

  423. #423chetty30x2012-01-16 17:48

    hi i have a sk260 with a sheer on it and it has a really bad vibration when you knuckle the 2nd boom and turn the table left or right we changed all the filters and checked all the cylinoids thankyou.

  424. #424MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 20:46

    hi, a kobelco k916lc ii is not necessarily grey market. a k916lc ~ mdi yutani md450blc this could be a supported serial number. i can run the ser# with kobelco to be 100% sure. cheers! adam

  425. #425MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 20:56

    hi, i'll need your ser# i'll see what i may have to forward you. e-mail me at [email protected] cheers! adam

  426. #426MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 21:00

    hi, if you have not isolated your problem phone me at work 1-905-888-9070 ask for me, adam, when at your machine, with a metal pick/scriber and 13mm wrench i'll explain check to do cheers! adam

  427. #427MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 21:04

    hi, if you e-mail me your info at [email protected] there is a service bulletin i can forward you shows optional travel alarm and part numbers required to have installed. cheers! adam

  428. #428MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 21:14

    hi, please do not get too far into this, call me at work along with the ser# the sk170lc-8 are a bit tempermental and if not setup just right your operator will not like running it. if youre at the machine, sitting in the cab seat i can do over the phone with you. even isolate if an actual issue exists such as a faulty reading sensor or such cheers! adam ph: 1-905-888-9070 after hours/weekends at home: 1-905-697-9626

  429. #429MR. KOBELCO2012-01-17 21:18

    hi, if you call me at work or after hours at home with your ser# and when at your machine we can look into whats what. work# 1-905-888-9070 home# 1-905-697-9626 cheers! adam

  430. #430TXBart2012-01-18 07:14

    Thanks so much for your response. I believe the machine is not a Mark II. I think it is just a K916LC. (Is that possible?) The stamped "serial" number is YS 0143. Does that help? Or am I looking for other numbers? Bart

  431. #431riland2012-01-18 08:06

    Yes, this K916LC.

  432. #432MR. KOBELCO2012-01-18 15:19

    hi, this unit is a K916LC, SER# YS-0143 this unit is NOT a grey market, it is fully supported in NA. it is an older girl, parts should still be available or can be sourced. if you are looking to purchase it or have done so, i would suggest you be sure to check all your gear oil levels in both final drives 80w-90 and the swing gear reduction. make sure oil levels are good and units are not leaking externally. repairs esp on the final drives can get quite pricey. normally, mounted on the back of the right hand console should be the c-1 mechatro unit unscrew x 2, flip lid back, turn key on and listen for a faint hissing, and see if leds are lite up, if not this c-1 computer is costly and has no choice but to make sure is working or else will end up causing damage to the rotating groups of the main hyd pumps. make sure when key is put on the display powers up and that all the bulbs do not stay lite always. obviously check all the other levels too. cheers! adam

  433. #433shinigamix2x2012-01-18 21:52

    General inquiry about solenoid valve polarity Hello everyone, doing some re-wiring on the hydraulic pump of an SK330LC Dynamic Acera, i'm 75% convinced that polarity doesn't matter on the solenoid valve but just to be 100% sure, can i connect the wires without worrying about polarity? I can't recall which color coded wire came from the solenoid terminal since the connectors were already busted when i got to it. Oh, and thank you Mr. Kobelco for supplying me with the connectors, i'm very pleased with the purchase. Thank you, T.Mohan

  434. #434TXBart2012-01-19 08:01

    Thanks Mr. Kobelco and riland Please pardon me for pushing back a little. It's obvious you have good knowledge of Kobelco excavators and don't take this thread negatively. I think you have said in other threads that if it has counterbalance lights, it's a Kobelco. If not, it's a MTI/Yutani. This machine DOES NOT have counterbalance lights but has the Kobelco K916LC wording painted on as I would expect to see it from the manufacturer. I don't think it has ever been repainted. I just wanted you to be aware of this. I will take your information as correct; that being this is a North American made excavator. Being so, parts should be available although its age may temper that to some degree. And thanks for everyone's input concerning travel motors, CPU's, etc. I feel like I am in a better position to make an informed decision about purchase after checking these specific items. This is a great site. Please keep the threads going as what I learned here has been invaluable. TXBart

  435. #435MR. KOBELCO2012-01-19 08:01

    hi, just reviewed the kobelco's servicemans handbook, mechatronics section, the SV-#, solenoids does matter when wiring for they contain a built-in diode. the PSV-#, proportional solenoids electrical symbol shown does not show any diode, therefore based upon this i do believe you do not have to worry about polarity. cheers! adam

  436. #436MR. KOBELCO2012-01-19 08:19

    hi, your parts cat would be avail online as the pic riland posted asn ys-0119~ it appears that my general rule of thumb does not apply for the parts cat does not depict the cnwt having any corner bumper lights. as a basic comparison the K916LC II ~ MDI/Yutani MD450BLC model (both came out of the same factory) basically a MDI/Yutani is a pre-kobelco MDI/Yutani models parts catalogs are also on-line with kobelco and parts are still available to a certain degree. thx adam

  437. #437shinigamix2x2012-01-19 11:32

    Awesome, thank you so much.:drinkup Just finished wiring up everything.

  438. #438MR. KOBELCO2012-01-27 07:41

    hi to all, when sending me an e-mail, please include in the subject line your make, model, and brief general problem last thing i would want to have is accidentally marking as junk and blocking for thinking email is a risk or spam. thank-you adam

  439. #439salvage992012012-02-03 17:14

    Re: Kobelco K907 LCII (And I really appreciate your offer of advice. I've spent hours on this now and a couple of years ago). Our main control valve went bad a couple of years ago, and, after trying all over the country to find a replacement that was not over the top price-wise, we had it rechromed. It has now gone bad again. Once again, I'm having a horrible time finding one. Would you have suggestions on places to look, after-market parts, thoughts on re-chroming, etc? Any ideas would be most appreciated. We are a demolition contractor, so the unit is used regularly and fairly roughly. Thanks for any assistance. Clyda

  440. #440MR. KOBELCO2012-02-03 18:38

    hi, i would try H&R construction parts ph: 1-800-333-0650 ask for Jerry you will need to provide him your model and serial number for machine (YQ...) even better the main c/v will hopefully still have a manufacturers tag the use for # write down, add a " 24 " in front = full kobelco part number cheers! adam

  441. #441casexcavation2012-02-03 23:34

    Hello Mr Kobelco, I believe the New Holland E80b excavator I just purchased is the same as the Kobelco 80. Mine is an 08 and my question is the stick seems to stop 2 feet short of the blade. There is plenty of room for further travel where the stick and boom hinge but it runs out of cylinder travel. Are there different cylinders for the stick? Thanks for any info you might have.

  442. #442salvage992012012-02-04 00:48

    Thank you so very much. Our mechanic has provided me with a mile-long list of numbers, so I think I have all of them. I will contact H&R immediately. Your assistance is very much appreciated. Clyda

  443. #443MR. KOBELCO2012-02-04 09:30

    i have checked into this before, for a customer of ours had bought one too. there are different lengths of arms, likely one can purchase a hyd cylinder off a older machine if the stroke lengths longer and pin conn same... but the one way of obtaining more reach and come closer to the blade is to simply add on a mechanical spring loaded coupler. ami or werk-brau the pin points are offset from each other bringing the bucket closer. we think kobelco had changed the geometry of the machine for alot of guys were hitting the cab, etc... cheers adam

  444. #444Kobe1302012-02-04 12:27

    Kobelco SK130lc 1998 with the Cummins 4BTemissions engine (replaced 2 years ago), I wonder if anybody else has noticed this issue on the same engine. Replaced all the fuel line to this engine including the diesel return line going back to the tank. The return line attaches to a very small 3/16 I believe nipple at the bottom of the tank. I used 1/4" line. The issue is that when this engine is idling the return fuel line jumps around like a demon and the fuel pulses can be seen in the rubber hose. Off idle it seems to disappear but I'm wondering if this is going to rupture or blow off the return line giving the engine an external bath in diesel fuel, not what I want to have happen. Thinking about taking the tank off (yet again) and putting a 3/8" fitting on instead. Poor way to set this up originally. Trying to do everything I can to reduce fire danger on this machine. Any thoughts guys?

  445. #445casexcavation2012-02-06 20:26

    Thanks for replying. It does have a wain roy coupler(which is one model that doesn't add length). I was hoping that someone had done the research for me on which machine or model cylinder would help. I'll start investigating.

  446. #446Excavation12012-02-07 15:28

    How it goin everybody. I got a problem with my 1998 sk200 YQU4287 that I hope you can help me with. The back up alarm doesnt work. Put new alarm on still nothin. Any ideals

  447. #447absi2012-02-08 06:31

    Hi, Mr.Kobelco. Ihave aKobelco SK200 from 1994 serialnr.:16613 The problem is when pull the arm(bucket) it is hanging or stopped before the end for moment then complete difficulty to the end . there is no leaking oil , because l renewed and repaired every thing :main pump,gear pump (replaced)engine and changed all repair kit for cylinders . only the valves i did not do any thing for valves . here in Saudi Arabia we can not find good Mechanic . we just change the parts . so, what part must be changed. Many thanks for helping me

  448. #448absi2012-02-08 06:35

    serialnr.:YN:16613

  449. #449MR. KOBELCO2012-02-09 16:36

    hi, e-mail me at " [email protected] " i'll respond with checks and elec attachments for you to review cheers adam

  450. #450MR. KOBELCO2012-02-09 16:39

    hi, e-mail me at " [email protected] " i'll respond with checks and my contact info, i highly suggest you call me or skpe me from the cab of the machine - from there we may be able to narrow down where the problem lies. cheers adam

  451. #451sharp47162012-02-12 18:00

    I recently purchase a 97 kobelco 120lc mark 4--serial # ypu1419. Can you tell me what the lc and mark 4 mean as well as any info from the serial number thanks Bill--in Idaho

  452. #452MR. KOBELCO2012-02-12 20:40

    hi bill, the LC = long carriage MARK IV (4) = the generation of this model YP = the size, full size hyd exc, SK120 ~ SK130 U = usa built unit - Calhoun, GA that is where i am this week...receiving factory training on the new models, laptop connections for the machine computer - downloading of software program versions and also the ECU on the new tier 4a engines then immediately afterwards an engine course covering the kobelco engines. cheers! adam

  453. #453MR. KOBELCO2012-02-14 19:38

    hi bill, if you send me an e-mail at " [email protected] " i can look up your serial number to get the build specs and factory engine serial number. this will also confirm the year as well. cheers adam

  454. #454turbotim12012-02-15 04:20

    Ok I purchased a 1996 or so I was told sk 030 ur and I do not currently have the serial # as the machine is 30 miles away currently,my question is the spool valve for the offset boom is pedal actuated and the rubber bellow seal is shot letting water and mud to the spool making the thing stick.I cannot seem to find the bellow seal for this small of machine as my case dealer says the smallest machine they have with this option is a 75.Allthough the seal looks simular it is not the same spool (2 bolts in top of spool versis my 1)I dont need to have a special order part witch wont fit laying around if you get my drift.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Tim

  455. #455MR. KOBELCO2012-02-15 18:28

    hi, you'll need to purchase a parts catalog for your grey market kobelco (see below, sorry for caps...) AN AVENUE AS WHICH ONE CAN PURCHASE O.E.M. GREY MARKET KOBELCO PARTS IS THRU FARMERS EQUIPMENT COMPANY LYNDEN, WASHINGTON BURLINGTON, WASHINGTON USA PH: 360-354-4451 FX: 360-354-6910 CONTACT LEONARD IN THE PARTS DEPT. IN LEONARDS EXPERIENCE, PARTS CATALOGS ARE ENGLISH/JAPANESE REPAIR MANUALS ARE ALL IN JAPANESE, BUT WILL NOT SELL ANYWAY TO A NON-AUTHORIZED REPAIR SHOP.

  456. #456joesk1152012-02-18 18:42

    Mr. Kobelco I have a sk115srdz 2003... The machine sat for 2 months and when i started it the display showed cpu-failure but everything worked, after it warmed up i shut it off and restarted it and it said system ok but then the machine would not throtle up so long story short i read a bunch of threads here of same problems and tried everything and nothing worked even buying a new step motor. I guess there is some A programing that needs to be done to cpu I would greatly appreaciate some help if you can my email is [email protected]

  457. #457MR. KOBELCO2012-02-19 14:36

    hi, please e-mail me your serial number of machine so i can send you checks that you will need to look at. ser# YY0#-##### ? year and model is not enough to ensure that you get the proper info. my e-mail is " [email protected] " cheers! adam

  458. #458MR. KOBELCO2012-03-01 17:12

    wow!...it has been real quiet lately. all Kobelco's must be working strong and not be breaking down???? they do say - Kobelco is your competitive edge

  459. #459roysbigtoys2012-03-01 19:25

    Mr Kobelco, I am looking to buy a larger excavator than I have now ( SK 200 Acera ) and I am looking at a 06' SK250 LC with about 2300 hrs. Any thoughts on that series of machine? Any machine you really like or I should stay away from? Thanks for your help Roy

  460. #460MR. KOBELCO2012-03-02 08:11

    hi roy, this machine you're looking at can you supply a serial number LL09-U#### plus the serial number of the mitsubishi engine 6D##-####### to answer as honestly as i can i will need this info. cheers! adam

  461. #461roysbigtoys2012-03-02 20:43

    Adam The machine is out of state, the salesman gave me the serial # for the machine is LL09U1195. He does not have the machine on his lot and will get the engine # to me hopefully on Monday. The machine I own now is a 1996 SK200, serial # YN24198 ( grey market machine ) with about 5300 hrs. The information screen by your right knee quit working or I should say only has few dark lines running horizontally thru the screen and no info. Any ideas on how to fix it or how to diagnose my problem? Also,I have owned the machine for about 10 yrs and I have done most all of the maintenace. As routine maintenace, it a good idea to have the hyd. pressures checked periodically? Thanks for all your help Roy

  462. #462Dirt Diggler2012-03-06 01:27

    hello Mr Kobelco !! looks like u r the man !! i just purchased a sk 50 SR-3 and i am in need of of a new bucket or buckets, and need new bushing where the bucket attaches ... i was just wondering if u or anyone?? know where i can purchase these items ?? ps. thanks in advance !!

  463. #463MR. KOBELCO2012-03-06 11:46

    hi, please e-mail me at " [email protected] " we have quite a selection of kobelco buckets - mainly new buckets normally for compact exc like yours we purchase off of AMI Attachments or Werk-Brau http://www.robertgreenequipment.com/links_page.htm as far as parts we may have bushings in stock or else we can most definitely order adam

  464. #464MR. KOBELCO2012-03-06 11:51

    hi roy, drop me an e-mail at " [email protected] " unless you get the engine serial number taken off the one flat machined corner of eng block just under head i would have them take a digital picture ser# etched into flat then i would shy away as for your display screen, i have heard tell of replacing all the diodes with new on the pcb boards inside the display could remedy the lines. adam

  465. #465Cranberry12012-03-11 13:34

    I have a sk300lc Mark IV serial #YCU0520......When I went to use the machine this morning it started right up but throttle control wouldn't work. After running for a few min. the panel beeped and said 26 S/M fail and then 26 S/M off. Could someone please let me know what is not right.........Thank You

  466. #466grandkobelco2012-03-11 16:32

    The stepping motor (S/M) is the electric motor that runs your injection pump. Check the ball joints on the linkage are not seized up. Check the play on the shaft coming out of the stepping motor. Do not force the arm on the stepping motor to move if the key is on! You will cause even more expencive problems.

  467. #467Cranberry12012-03-11 17:09

    Will it cause problems of any kind if you move the stepping motor arm when its running? And what will have to be fixed if problems are caused? Because it seems my L.E.D. screen is whacked out, works for a bit then goes all black or blank.

  468. #468Van Koop2012-03-11 18:05

    does anybody know how to test and what resitances for a mark 3 gauge controller.i have the dreaded check wrench symbol on my dysplay again.I t did the same thing last year but after running the machine for a few hours and restarting it was ok again. this time it is not going away.i have the harness checking kit and the only thing out of speck is the charge circuit to the controller.it shows 29 volts.I have put new batterys and cleaned the grounds.hey adam could you get back to me about my old gauge controller that i sent you.That might hold the key to why this is happining again 2 years later.thanks Adam i know you are a busy guy.

  469. #469MR. KOBELCO2012-03-12 12:41

    hi, if you move the stepper motor (throttle governor motor) when key is on, you will more than likely fry the stepper motor servo driver chip within the main c-1 mechatro-controller (cpu computer) this will cost you a new computer as far as the fault codes you had, they are likely an indication that your stepper motor has failed and requires replacing. as grandkobelco mentioned you can lubricate under the rubber boot of each ball joint on ends of the rod linkage i would also suggest you check the wiring to the stepper motor as well the s/m has a coil A, coil B and limit switch (internal micro switch on lobe under plate covering shaft of s/m your screen coming and going suggests its on its way out. adam e-mail: [email protected]

  470. #470MR. KOBELCO2012-03-12 12:43

    hi, sorry i did get your email. i'll take a look more closely at where the circuit board burnt and attempt to trace the wire thats common to it. i'll get back to you afterwards cheers adam

  471. #471MR. KOBELCO2012-03-12 12:47

    hi, sorry i did get your email. i'll take a look more closely at where the circuit board burnt and attempt to trace the wire thats common to it. i'll get back to you afterwards cheers adam

  472. #472kp1002012-03-12 19:19

    Adam I was talking to you last fall about a Kobelco Sk60 I had bought and the CPU had failed. After extensive looking for a ground short and not finding 1 I had talked to you about repairing the CPU. I then found a used 1 and it worked. Used it for 20 hours. As I put the machine away in the shed for winter I had reason to raise the boom all the way up and at that point I noticed the service screen flash on. It disappeared almost immediately and back to normal screen functions. Well today I started it for the first this spring and all I have is that service screen again. Do you think there is a short causing this as I saw a flash when I had the boom way up or what. Kobelco from Hell..... Help.

  473. #473LACHAU2012-03-14 03:18

    Hi Cranberry, It must exact be "25 S/M FAIL". Please refer to the follow images.

  474. #474MR. KOBELCO2012-03-14 15:09

    hi, stumbled on some old service shop notes; IF WRENCH FAULT ICON IS DISPLAYED ON THE MONITOR, IT IS NOT JUST LIMITED TO THE C-2 CONTROLLER BEING BAD BUT IT COULD ALSO BE DUE TO THE DISPLAY MONIOTOR ITSELF HAVING A FAULT. SUCH AS, COLD SOLDER CRACKS ON THE PCB... FIRST OPEN UP & INSPECT/REPAIR. cheers! adam

  475. #475Van Koop2012-03-15 01:25

    thanks Adam. I took the screen apart and didn't see any cold solder joints or any signs of heat damage.In fact it looked like new inside. Is this part still available new?in the manual I got with the machine it said" gauge panel" changed at 1000 hrs by dealer.

  476. #476MR. KOBELCO2012-03-16 13:00

    hi, the part number 2489U331, gauge cluster cab display is no longer available. this part will be a hard one to locate if needed. the only thing i can think is companies, such as H&R construction parts @ 1-800-333-0650 whom are in the business of dismantling machines to sell off parts may have a good used cab display. otherwise, have an electronics repair shop revive some of the electronic components.

  477. #477mpearson32012-03-18 13:32

    I have a96 sk150. There is a short somewhere in the ignition circuit,5 amp fuse. I removed 1 wire from ignition swith. Now i can jump solenoid and start, and everything seems to work, although the alternator is not working. is this because of removed wire, or do i need new alternator. Nearest dealer is 3 hours away. cost 1000$ to come for the day.

  478. #478MR. KOBELCO2012-03-18 15:23

    hi, please e-mail me your serial number YM... at " [email protected] " i will forward you with info that should be of some help. your serial number will indicate engine, cummins or mitsubishi, etc... cheers adam

  479. #479kp1002012-03-21 07:58

    Controller update. Mechanic spent 2 hours in the side console cleaning connectors and checking harnesses again. This was all done last fall and everything was working. At the end of 2 hours we had the display screen now working but no lights and the engine would no longer shut off with the key. The next day the display screen would only display the service wrench again and no lights or no key shut off. He comes last night and right away the display screen works. He was intending to do a reprogramming of the controller but Kobelco didn't tell him he needed a module to connect to the controller to do the programing. He also is unable to get into the service part of the screen to view setting such as low and high idle. More harness and connection checking. All of a sudden he now can access the service screen programing mode. Shows no engine speed, only from memory. Finds speed sensor has broken wires. After 2 hours and for no apparent reason the engine shut off starts working from the key again. All functions are as they are supposed to be except no forward lights, only rears. Crazy stuff. Heading to the shop to see what Gremlins crept in over night.

  480. #480kp1002012-03-21 11:05

    Next update Decided to tackle the lights not working 1 more time before we put the seat back in. Soon after tugging on the wires the engine shut off by the key quits working again and still no lights. Found a black female plug down under the floor where all the harnesses go and decided to ground it as it had the stainless steel top/hanger with a quarter inch bolt hole in it. As soon as we grounded it the key shut off works and all the front lights work again. Great. Start the machine again and everything is as it should be with the display screen showing normal. Make the grounding of the new found plug permanent and you guessed it everything works but the display now shows the service wrench................. Back to square one. We did the permanent ground of the new found plug to a different spot than we did when we first tested this plug. That shouldn't make any difference should it? Ground is ground right?

  481. #481MR. KOBELCO2012-03-21 15:58

    correct, ground wires are ground and ground is ground. adam check wrench fault code usually indicates a bad c-2 gauge cluster controller. or as i posted earlier, could even be any cold solder cracks in solder connections made to electronics components on the printed circuit board (pcb) internal in the cab display (gauge cluster display) itself. adam

  482. #482kp1002012-03-21 19:05

    Adam I really struggle to blame a second c2 cluster controller. The machine ran for 20 hours on the second controller. After sitting for 2 month for no reason the screen is locked. After hours of checking wires and connections it comes to life for an hour yet the key doesn't shut off the machine or the front lights work. After finding this black female plug unattached and simply by grounding it that solves the 2 problems and yet triggers the service screen to lock up again????? Kobelco needs to get into the 21st century and make a tester for these units.

  483. #483bala90k2012-03-22 07:46

    hello seniors i am bala from india. If any body know any training center in india for heavy equipment maintenance please post . my mail id [email protected]

  484. #484Palosy2012-03-29 06:58

    Can someone help me with my kibelco sk250 markIV: - i do not have arm closing - travel on left side - rotation =0

  485. #485MR. KOBELCO2012-03-29 08:53

    hi, to aid further i always require not just the model itself but along with the machine serial number. at first glance it would seem that the one main hydr pump rotating group is either bypassing internally, or not recvg a signal to come on stroke, or have seen at rare occasions the feedback lever of the main hydr pump regulator could have a broken fork. all functions you listed are common with main hydr pump P2. this is the one 1/2 in main pump assy. which is furthest away from engine. i would suggest you either have yours rebuilt or exchanged for one overhauled. contact, QUEST HYDRAULICS INC. 2880 HWY. 20 EAST FONTHILL, ON, L0S 1E6 Canada contact: Bob Bilodeau TOLL-FREE: (877) 581-2111 OFFICE: (905) 892-4255 FAX: (905) 892-9317 [email protected] http://www.questhydraulics.com/ cheers! adam

  486. #486Palosy2012-03-29 11:15

    Thank you for reply, the machine serial number i do not know but the maschine model is SK250nlc LLU5059, the strange thing is that if i press the left travel pedal then i have arm closing and rotating also, and i switched on main pump the conections but he did the same thing.

  487. #487MR. KOBELCO2012-03-29 14:05

    hi, your ser# you gave is LLU-5059. when you use the travels then an attachment the hyd controls switch a travel stright spool and you automatically go into stright travel mode. this makes pump P1 (nearest engine) run your upper functions and pump P2 will now operate both tracks. by the way, your machine has 4 main hyd system relief valves. 2 attachment reliefs, 2 travel reliefs. it could be possible your one travel relief for pump P2 (left track) is bad. these travel reliefs are on the back side of the main hyd control valve. center mid-section. cartridge reliefs, nut and allen key adjust screw. do not adjust. re-hook your machine back to the way it was, then swap the 2 side to side. see if your right track stops. cheers adam

  488. #488Palosy2012-03-30 00:36

    Thansk for advise we will try this today, i will reply as son as posibile.

  489. #489kuchie2012-04-01 10:23

    SK-200 Lacks power and smokes Hi, Ive never owned any machinery or anything diesel powered before.... I purchased a Kobelco (Acera) SK200-3 YN-28142 with a 6d34 engine for my rural property. approx 5900 hours on the clock. Will be used maybe once or twice a month. and only travel and see it once every 2 weeks. IT had faulty lcd screen which i replaced and now see the unit functions, and the errors to the noises. the last operator didnt know too much about the machine as he hired it out and wasnt an operator himself. I have an issue with it lacking power espicially when driving. it struggles up the slightest of hills or even on the flats and RP drops from about 1800 RPM to about 1000-1200 RPM, and smokes alot when more than half throttle, and engine temp goes high after 10 minutes of driving. During digging operations it is ok. you cannot drive and move arm or swing at the same time. In rabbit mode the driving seems slower than turtle mode unless going downhill. air filter is new, and the water seperator on the diesel shows no water. motor oil seems ok an no water present. Only took the inlet side of the turbo off and all fins seem to be on the inlet size and spins freely with no noticable shaft play. exhaust side is too rusty and since im in the bush didnt want to risk dismantling it with little tools. The hydraulic oil is also milky looking. Water contaminant? how should i deal with this? Michael

  490. #490MR. KOBELCO2012-04-01 11:38

    hi, now that this unit has a cab display that works,...it will allow us to look into the mechatronics of the machine sensors, hyd prs sensors, solenoids and solenoid propo-valves. if you can take a photo of display, e-mail me at " [email protected] ". if you are able to do so, call me afterwards when you are sitting in the cab and i should be able to lead you over the phone to access the system and with you being my eyes we maybe able to diagnose any system faults that need fixing. home ph: 1-905-697-9626, after hours and weekends work ph: 1-905-888-9070 i am located in Ontario, Canada near Toronto eastern time zone cheers! Adam.

  491. #491PetrGear2012-04-01 14:54

    Hello sir Kobelco, please help my excavator Kobelco SK 160 LC MARK IV vin YMU 1158 There is a problem with the engine speed control when the excavator was cold in the morning so the engine worked in its entirety L to H after 2 hours of operation to reduce engine speed went to L but could have added to H so it worked every day, I made a mistake I vymontoval stepper motor dismantled and visually inspected in the domain that I find a mistake, after mounting the excavator began dipslay code display 25 S / M Fail, and 26 S / M off, I still have a chance mechatro-controller, stepper motor and calibrated? What should I do? Thank you Peter

  492. #492MR. KOBELCO2012-04-01 15:07

    hi peter, you should have avoided taking apart the stepper motor. if the c-1 mechatro-controller is not damaged, you should purchase a new stepper motor, new stepper motor rod ball joints, and an A adjustment harness and then after installing new parts then perform an A adjustment as per procedure specific to this model. this A adjustment will program steps of new s/m into chip mapping steps and engine rpm's. by the way the machine you have by serial number you provided me is not a sk160 it is a 1996 KOBELCO SK150LC IV, SER# YMU-1158, should have a cummins engine it was built in the usa, at the kobelco plant in calhoun, georgia. i stock all the necessary parts you need. if you do not have a kobelco dealership nearby we do ship parts overseas now. i can quote you. please e-mail me direct at " [email protected] " i can send you some preliminary info to help. cheers! adam

  493. #493PetrGear2012-04-01 16:00

    Hello sir Kobelko, I have some way to know if C-1 mechatro controller is not damaged? thanks Peter

  494. #494MR. KOBELCO2012-04-01 16:12

    hi peter, yes, please e-mail me directly as i had asked. i will then send you a diagram, once you have received it then you can phone me at home. home phone # 1-905-697-9626 cheers! adam

  495. #495Palosy2012-04-02 11:46

    Hi Mr.Kobelco I have found the two cartridge reliefs on back side of the main hyd control valve but they are not the same - switch anyway? Can u send a picture or a draw to find exactly where are those travel reliefs? I searched in our repair and parts manual but I did not get anything. Can u tel me where is connection between rotation and travel? We have measured the pump 1 and 2 working pressure 270~290 both pumps, and i didn't wrote in earlier reply that i don't have bucket closing also. We removed all the working valves on the main hyd control valve but there isn't anything wrong. I am exhausted and no more ideas after 2 weeks of searching, what can i do?

  496. #496MR. KOBELCO2012-04-02 13:58

    hi, please send me a e-mail directly as i can reply with an attached drawing which may help. my e-mail: [email protected] cheers adam

  497. #497PetrGear2012-04-02 17:47

    Hi mr. Kobelco, question: replace stepper motor from colleague excavator stepper motor will work correctly or do I have to recalibrate? I thank Peter

  498. #498MR. KOBELCO2012-04-02 17:55

    you'll have to recalibrate running an A adjustment. adam

  499. #499mparker742012-04-02 19:41

    I am trying to locate a mechanic in my area, which is around the Waco, Texas area, that can work on a Kobelco Trachoe. We thought is was a computer issue but not sure that is the case beings we bought a new one and are still having the same issues, controls are not responding.

  500. #500MR. KOBELCO2012-04-02 21:33

    hi, i maybe able to help, but i'll need your model and serial number. if newer unit i can likely diagnose over the phone - you being my eyes. e-mail me at " [email protected] " you can phone me at home after hours at 905-697-9626. it would be best you call me from your machine. cheers adam

  501. #501shinigamix2x2012-04-03 18:30

    Travel Motor, pressure pushes out oil seal Good day to you Mr. Adam and to all on this forum, SK330LC Dynamic Acera 6E, S/N: YC06 Finding out for a friend of mine, Problem: The oil seal that separates the Hydraulic Travel Motor from the case that contains the gear oil, is being blown out by the pressure of the motor (Left-Side). Seal was replaced with a new one, also local kobelco dealers came and changed relief valves, changed pressure sensors, also test the pressure on the system and according to their findings, the hydraulic system pressure is OK!. Now these local dealers, I mean no disrespect to them, but their level of understanding of these equipment is not quite up there to the guy that started this thread in the first place. So I'm here seeking advice for my friend. Could you inform me what the cause of the problem is? If there are things that needs to be double-checked please do inform me. Thank you for your time. Taradath Mohan.

  502. #502MR. KOBELCO2012-04-03 19:52

    lol, sorry,... 2 things, stall your travel motors with stalling pins in the sprocket. feel with your hand or even measure with a temp gun the oil temp of the hyd travel mtr case drain tube. medium sized tube or smaller of the 3. if the side that is popping the hyd travel mtr shaft seal is hotter than the other good side your internal leakage to lubricate the pistons etc...is too excessive therefore, hyd piston motor rotating group is worn out. or can be simpler,...the 2 motor case drain lines tee at the bottom of the swivel rotary joint in the center, visually follow the case drain line tube of bad side looking for kinks or even an internal blockage right at fitting exiting case drain port where tube attaches. if hyd mtr is worn out or broke pieces of brass can jam inside fitting. hyd pressure is created by resistance to the oil flow. either oil flow is too great for hyd tube to handle, mtr worn out, oil that does not create work such as used to turn track, the wasted oil from internal bypassing oil energy ends up transferring into heat. or line is kinked being restricted. rambling on here...i am sure you get my points by now. adam

  503. #503shinigamix2x2012-04-04 01:27

    Now this is what I'm talking about, apparently when defects appear on these machines, the first thing to do is to change parts according to "technicians" down here. Not anyone of them will perform these tests to pin-point the cause, they just tell you, "okay, we will have to change this and that and see how things go from there" and the expense is on your hands. Sigh! As for your reply, I do get your points, I will print and pass on this information. Thank you again, T.Mohan

  504. #504Bulldozer702012-04-06 14:20

    I have a kobelco sk120, it runs fine but none of the hydraulics work. This machine has had seriouse electrical wiring issues in the past. is there a solenoid that cuts the hyds off? please help

  505. #505MR. KOBELCO2012-04-06 16:30

    hi there, yes it has a pilot lever lock sol/v that if not energised or its coil has failed it will not turn on the pilot gear pump oil to your joystick and pedal controls. i would suggest you phone me i'm at home with your serial number, or e-mail me at [email protected] again with your ser# ypu-#### i can direct you to where its located and you can test coil or if power is being supplied. thx adam

  506. #506MR. KOBELCO2012-04-06 16:39

    for all my home ph: 1-905-697-9626 cheers! adam

  507. #507Noel32012-04-11 19:34

    Hello i have a Grand Beetle 135SR - i let it run out of diesel today. it wont start now. how do i get the air out of the diesel lines???? Thanks

  508. #508MR. KOBELCO2012-04-11 20:04

    hi, i do believe your engine is an isuzu. it should have a fuel injection pump and is not a common rail engine. therefore, i suggest that you first remove and clean your 2 inline fuel line screens. one is inside the bolt joining the fuel line to the inlet port on the fuel water/sep filter head, the other is in the bolt joining the fuel line to the inlet side of the fuel transfer lift pump (where you pump and prime the fuel filter). next best to replace the fuel filter too. then prime your fuel filter until fuel exits the bleed screw on top the fuel filter head. after crack loose the fuel lines at all the fuel injectors, check see if eng emergency stop cable is connected at the fuel inj pump, if so, pull the emergency engine stop cable located under the cab seat, bottom right corner when sitting in the seat, crank over the engine so does not start but allows the fuel inj pump to push out all the air from the lines feeding the injectors. retighten the fuel lines at injectors. return eng emerg shut-off cable and start the engine. it may run a bit rough at first go but should smoothen out. cheers! adam

  509. #509Noel32012-04-11 20:50

    Thanks Adam Ill give that a go. Noel

  510. #510Andy752012-04-12 02:26

    Hi Just wondering where in Australia I can get a workshop manual for a SK 045 excavator ? Having problems with the machine not slewing, No movement from the bucket or arm at all. Found a solenoid with broken wires, think it's called a control cut solenoid not sure. It was located under were your left foot would be. going to replace it, do you think that is the problem ? Thanks Andrew

  511. #511MR. KOBELCO2012-04-12 09:24

    hi andrew, before i can aid i will require the serial number taken off the unit itself. with that i can see what i can do for you cheers adam

  512. #512sk1352012-04-12 10:01

    Hello I have an excavator Kobelco SK135LC 1999 he appeared in the monitor KPSS disengaged

  513. #513MR. KOBELCO2012-04-12 10:53

    hi, check your kpss release chromed toggle switch located behind the cab seat behind rubber grommet on panel. somebody has flipped the switch on you turning off the computer. adam

  514. #514stock2012-04-12 12:09

    Mr Kobelco! just a note of thanks to you for assistance to others here on the HEF, Well done lad keep up the good work............

  515. #515Greg in KY2012-04-12 12:37

    I second that

  516. #516sk1352012-04-12 12:41

    hello I check switch it on KPSS, still the same message on the monitor

  517. #517MR. KOBELCO2012-04-12 12:45

    hi, please provide me your serial number off the machine. i can send you an electrical schematic. it could be you have a shorted wire off the kpss switch fooling the computer to think you have disengaged when in fact its not e-mail me at " [email protected] " adam

  518. #518Andy752012-04-12 19:27

    Thanks Adam, the serial No. PYO3966

  519. #519MR. KOBELCO2012-04-12 21:09

    hi, thanks for ser# but i forgot to ask you to send me an e-mail to [email protected] as so i may reply thx adam

  520. #520kp1002012-04-13 08:09

    Quenton Not sure if you have had any success finding the cause of the wrench screen but I have narrowed mine down to a faulty ignition switch. New from Kobelco is $220 which is crazy but just by wiggling my old one I could make it work and the screen cleared. The next time I put a tiny amount of WD40 on the key and ran it in and out a few times noticing the Barrel of the ignition moved up and down at least half an inch. In fact the green lights came on just by moving the key up and down without moving it to the on position. Might be worth a look on yours.

  521. #521MR. KOBELCO2012-04-13 08:31

    good show. thanks for the feedback! much appreciated.

  522. #522DripCo2012-04-13 10:33

    I am considering purchasing a 1996 Model 120 Kobelco excavator. I ran it yesterday. It seem to be a tight machine. It has @ 6600 Hours on it. The guy said the previous owner had trouble with it bogging down after it ran for a while. He put a new hydraulic pump on it & that did not fix it. The new owner replaced a teflon screen in one of the banjo fittings & he said that fixed it. The thing I am wondering about, is when you run the machine, you can kill the motor if you try to dig it hard. Is that common? Shouldn't the relief valves open before the motor dies? It does have the Izuzu motor in it. It doesn't smoke & seems OK, but maybe it is underpowered by nature, worn out, or its a hydraulic relief valve issue. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanx Drip

  523. #523MR. KOBELCO2012-04-13 11:17

    hi, my guess is that the hours are more likely 16,600. the other digit maybe covered up by the cover plate. i would suggest you check this. as for the bogging it could be the engine cannot handle the hyd load, or the hp o/rings in the hyd pump regulators are leaking by upstroking the hyd pump not allowing the hyd to cut flow when under load to keep up eng rpms in hyd the reliefs do limit the max system prs by dumping the oil back to the hyd tank. usually when a relief fails it fails open. the reliefs are likely not the problem. could be the fuel inj pump is worn out and fuel inj have likely never been touched. adam

  524. #524DripCo2012-04-13 16:39

    kOBELCO 120 Is the pressure relief controlled bya computer on that model?

  525. #525MR. KOBELCO2012-04-13 16:43

    no, mechanical 2-stage relief adam

  526. #526Noel32012-04-13 18:50

    Thanks for the help, All done and back in operation!!! One more quick question, lately when I first start it, for the first minute or so there is a high pitched squeaking? I was thinking the fan belt or something? I was going to put some WD40 oil on it?? Thanks Noel

  527. #527MR. KOBELCO2012-04-13 19:07

    hi, i don't recommend that, it could be your belts may want to try adjusting or replacing them. if you have air cond, could be the air cond idler pulley. cheers! adam

  528. #528simon slater2012-04-17 11:10

    Dear Mr Kobelco I have a Kobelco SK16 (poss MSR) mini digger that needs some pins, bushing and a bit of tlc, Im having problems locating a manual and dealer in my area and cant even be sure the model i own is registered correctly? im aware its an import (i assume they all are) but i cant even get a picture on screen that is anywhere like mine,: in brief mine has a distintive curved glass rear screen expanding tracks, I think its a 2003 model and the serial no is PF02 02262........... I would appreciate any help you may be able to offer. thank you.. Simon Slater.

  529. #529MR. KOBELCO2012-04-17 14:13

    hi simon, please e-mail me directly i'll be able to forward you some info to help. [email protected] adam

  530. #530DripCo2012-04-25 08:01

    MR K my excavator serial # is YP-0217 By the way, on this Model, there is a switch in the right arm rest. It is hidden way in the back. Thru some other research, I've found that this bypasses the hydraulic computer. It now operates as it should ( I think, Havent had a chance to use it much though)

  531. #531MR. KOBELCO2012-04-25 19:49

    hi drip, thanks for posting here. i am attempting to keep posts on kobelco models in one location. a library of sorts, common issues that may arise. i have heard that most read the posts and i cases end up finding a solution to a problem they are experiencing and end up sorting themselves out. this switch you mention is what is called by kobelco a " KPSS RELEASE SWITCH " in some models such as yours its located inside the r/h console at the back, usually a removable rubber grommet covers the access hole. if this switch has never been touched or replaced generally when the switch is flicked up this will turn off the computer putting the mechatronics system into " LIMP HOME " mode. it is not meant to be run constantly this way, its too hard on the main hyd pumps and you'll reduce their life expectancy greatly. toggle switch flicked down is having the computer on and the c-1 controller can operate as should to help control the horsepower keeping the engine rpm up by helping to destroke the pumps thru the pf solenoid on the pump assy normally when something is not quite right such as a hyd system problem or weak engine. fuel problem, turbo, etc... the pf solenoid is always helping to a small degree but when the computer senses too much rpm drop the computer sends a higher mA signal to help out. when you shut-off the kpss rls switch the power off a fuse is fed thru a current limiting resistor and the pf solenoid cuts the oil flow to about 1/2 at all times. it is fairly easy to verify if computer is controlling the pf solenoid or not. the pf solenoid is proportional acting and threads into a block. there is a test port on the block. 1/4" JIS, BSPP threads. stick a 1,000 psi hyd prs gauge on and observe when operating the machine. the hyd prs should vary with the load on the engine. if not, if hyd prs is steady then the switch is in direction of shutting off the computer (limp mode). if no hyd prs is registered, either the fuses are blown, 1 amp/5 amp fuses, current limiting resistor is bad, connections rotted, pf sol coil is burnt out 13.5 - 30 ohms ?, or c-1 computer pcb is burnt and i maybe able to repair. pf sol power - c-1 sends 24 vdc. one wire is + the other is the ground wire. if you do not mind please send me an e-mail to " [email protected] " and afterwards if you like provide me your findings. you could have a few issues you maybe unaware being the age your machine is. cheers! adam

  532. #532Actioninc2012-04-26 21:56

    What is the bucket pin dimensions for a sk235 zero turn? any help would be appreciated.

  533. #533MR. KOBELCO2012-04-27 08:56

    hi, please send me an e-mail to " [email protected] " include your serial number too YU... i will return details promptly. cheers adam

  534. #534mopar22562012-04-28 14:22

    Mr Kobelco, I'm new here and looking for some guidance on a Sk135srlc 2004 model S.N Yh03-02414. I installed a aftermarket hyd. thumb for a customer last fall with no problems.Hyd. hard lines were already on stick as well as shut off valves. Now this season customer has been digging and thumb has problems.It will only run cly. out will not return.If I switch lines it returns .Its like I have blockage in lines on right side of stick when sitting in cab.Could it be a valve/ solinoid not opening allowing fuild to return to tank? I have tried another cly. and it does the same. Lines "jump" going both directions with pedal. Any help would be greatly apperciated. thanks,Nate

  535. #535MR. KOBELCO2012-04-28 14:38

    hi nate, i'm home right now if you want call me and i can give a couple suggestions 1-905-697-9626 cheers! adam

  536. #536mopar22562012-04-28 14:41

    Will do thanks!!!

  537. #537MR. KOBELCO2012-04-28 18:44

    hi nate, got your msg. when you get a minute free give me a ring, i do believe your customers machine can be setup and tweaked a bit. before you ring i'll need the version # on the bottom of scrn no. 1. if the machine has the latest greatest final version, and is serviced such as replace fuel filter, removing and cleaning of the 2 hidden in-line fuel screens (isuzu), replacing both the inner and outer air filters and changing the main hyd return filter... we can then proceed with what i will propose. you sitting in the cab and i'll give guidance over the phone. when your customer next operates the 135sr he'll notice an immediate difference - it'll be like a new machine. cheers adam

  538. #538mopar22562012-04-29 11:15

    Thanks again Adam I will try and get version# for you today as far as being serviced........... I'll have 2 check with owner..... he's not a wrench turner unless he has too. Nate

  539. #539MR. KOBELCO2012-04-29 13:19

    hi nate, sorry one more thing, when you are at machine getting version #, please also page thru using screen change button on display once you are on scrn no. 1, key on - eng not running need to ensure that all pilot sensors, high prs sensors all nulled = 0.4V & 0k also the solenoids/propo sol the comp mA & meas mA should be similar values if some are abnormal readings we need to make corrections before going forward. cheers adam

  540. #540mopar22562012-04-29 13:46

    Adam, I'll try to get over there and check it out today and let you know what I find out. thanks again, Nate

  541. #541happyjack_ms2012-04-30 14:07

    sk200Lc mark IV serial # YQU3506 looking for a rebuilt or good used piston rod [pn. 2438u1105s2 ] "I think" and seal kit [2438U1105R100] for bucket cylinder. maybe an aftermarket alternative? thanks,

  542. #542CM19952012-04-30 21:12

    Welcome to the Forums happyjack, ms!:drinkup

  543. #543happyjack_ms2012-04-30 21:18

    thanks cm.enjoy reading mr. kelbelco's knowledgable post

  544. #544MR. KOBELCO2012-05-01 19:19

    hi, the kobelco p/n# you'll need are; 2438U1105R500P, REPAIR SEAL KIT, BUCKET HYD CYL, ROD & PISTON; SK200LC IV, SER# YQU-3101~ - LIST $ 368.18 CAN 2438U1109S14, BUSHING, BUCKET CYL ROD GUIDE BUSHING - LIST $ 111.28 CAN you can purchase hyd cyl seal kits aftermarket for most of the older kobelco's and other makes, click link provided http://www.herculescn.com/ a good reputable hyd cyl rebuild shop should be able to get all you'll need to overhaul the hyd cyl - approx avg cost $ 1,500.00 CAN cyl rod diameter is metric can also try, H&R Construction Parts & Equipment Inc. 20 Milburn Street Buffalo, NY, 14212 United States PH: (800) 333-0650 ask for BOB WITTMANN DIRECT LINE: (716) 891-4311 Ext. 4138 [email protected] http://www.HRparts.com they are in the business of parting out hyd exc and take the cores, rebuild/overhaul the units and resell. they can also put a search out for parts if they do not have they do offer good used takeoffs on some items too cheers! adam

  545. #545MR. KOBELCO2012-05-01 19:24

    hi, distance btwn ears 327 mm center - center pin spread 442 mm pin dia 80 mm cheers! adam

  546. #546happyjack_ms2012-05-01 22:49

    thanks for the infomation mr. kobelco

  547. #547offthegrid2012-05-02 20:18

    I have a Kobelco sk200lc mark lll S/N YQU1149 that had a small fire in its belly and burned the pilot hoses, I have a shop manual for a mark 4 that I have been trying to reconnect the hoses with but there are a few differances that dont make sense, for example line A3 on valve 28 under the cab show it connecting to a tee at #Pis. on the bottom of the main valve but my machine only has one fitting there. and top of the valve fitting # PAb in the book shows only one fitting for the boom but mine has 4 any diagrams or advice would be welcome. Bob

  548. #548MR. KOBELCO2012-05-03 06:40

    hi bob, please e-mail me directly @ " [email protected] " i can send reply with scanned copies of the remote pilot hose routing and it will also help you along if you also reference the online parts catalog sections which are applicable to your machine and its factory options it is equipped with. cheers! adam

  549. #549StumpyWally2012-05-03 10:47

    Mr. Kobelco: What are the OEM bucket pin mount specs for a 2005 New Holland EH80 CS, s/n N5TA18019 (a Kobelco E80 CS, machine # LF04-02072)? That is: Pin Diameter= ? mm Pin Center-to-Center= ? mm Pin Mount Face-to-Face= ? mm Where can one find such info on different machines? Is there any kind of compiled list?

  550. #550MR. KOBELCO2012-05-03 12:24

    hi, Pin Diameter= 50 mm Pin Center-to-Center= 298 mm Pin Mount Face-to-Face= 182 mm this info originates from the manufacturer it is not advisable to go by the shop repair manuals - for these dimensions are region specific. the above # are NA specs for a 70sr/80cs any kobelco dealership has access to their range of models they sell any attachment manufacturer would have the ultimate compiled library, assembled over years cheers adam

  551. #551diggerbob4162012-05-03 16:25

    Mr. Kobelco, we have a Kobelco SK120 Mark III serial number LP09922. We are pretty sure its a grey iron machine purchased from an auction. I am looking for a readable wiring schematic, also the valve lash settings. Please reply as soon as possible to [email protected] . Thanks Bob

  552. #552MR. KOBELCO2012-05-03 17:06

    hi, at 1st glance it does appear to be grey mrkt. i need you to also provide me the eng manu., eng ser# and if it has a turbo too. i'll see what i can do adam

  553. #553kp1002012-05-04 07:09

    Well I thought I would post a further update to my SK60 electrical ghost. The service wrench screen had been showing up and after extensive checking of wire harnesses and connections nothing. All of a sudden the screen returned to normal and still no clue as to why. Then it happened again and this time while playing with the ignition switch the screen returned to normal. Thought we had solved the mystery being a bad key switch. Well after 120 hours of working perfect the service screen shows up. Not the key switch I guess. Now have a pattern. Originally when it started to work again it happened as I had started the machine and let it idle for 10 minutes. Then when I engaged the hydraulics the auto idle green light came on. Wrench still on screen. Shut the machine off and upon restarting all functions normal. Worked for 120 hours. Now upon turning the key to the on position there is no green lights. First sign there is a problem. Then the wrench appears upon starting. Now after letting the machine run for 10 minutes, and it doesn't matter if it is idling or working, the auto idle green light comes on upon idling the machine. Shut the key off and then restart and all 4 green lights activate and the wrench screen is gone. It now has done this 6 time in a row for the last 25 hours. ????????????? Suggestions???

  554. #554Larry_572012-05-05 12:00

    I'm looking for a oil cooler radiator for a Kobelco 150 Mark VI. The serial number is YMU1304. The number that I have is YMO5PU00025002 (for the radiator). Are there any other makes/and or models that would fit this unit? Any information where I can find one is greatly appreciated. Question number two is regarding the throttle on the same unit. I have had the stepping motor apart and it doesn't seem to be "in time" or something. It fluctuates. The computer has quit working. Could there be a connection? Thanks so much for any response.

  555. #555MR. KOBELCO2012-05-06 10:54

    hi, yes the part# YM05PU0002S002 is approx $ 4,000.00 can (new). this is also fitted in kob ED180 mark IV if you do not want to pay this much for new part you can try H&R Const Parts @ 1-800-333-0650. as far as for the throttle, the stepper mtr should never be taken apart, kob does sell repair kits but we have had no luck fitting them for the s/m clearances are too tight. no room for error. you just replace with new. the fluctuating could be a result of shorted wiring and such. short in the limit switch wiring circuit or even with the coils A or B of the s/m the wiring to the s/m is also shielded and the shield should only be grounded at the one end which will usually be at the cpu grounding thru the cpu pcb. if you have had the key on s/m powered up and have forced the s/m lever moving it to open up the fuel it is likely you have fried the s/m servo chip in the cpu. and generally this means you'll need to purchase a new c-1 cpu mechatro-controller as well as a new stepper mtr. send me an e-mail directly to " [email protected] ". cheers adam

  556. #556diggerbob4162012-05-07 13:18

    only ser no I can find is stamped on the right side of block 220365. It is an ISUZU TURBO Turbo no isTD04H-156-8.5 Thanks Bob

  557. #557joperdasal2012-05-10 23:37

    mr. kobelco, i have a problem with the arm of excavator sk 200 mark 5,,it cannot extend fully and the sound of the engine seems overload.can you help me please.. Thanks.

  558. #558willie592012-05-10 23:40

    Welcome to the forum joperdasal. :usa Post your machine serial number, it's important as well.

  559. #559JGS Parts2012-05-11 01:38

    G'day iam chasing a Sk220-3 Super , Computer schematics if anyone has them serial number of the machine LQO-03089

  560. #560MR. KOBELCO2012-05-11 12:37

    hi, 3 things, 1 - i do as mentioned need your serial number of the machine. 2 - are you talking the arm cyl on top the boom - highest point ? when you say extend out are you describing the arm itself as arm out, stretched out or are you talking about the arm cyl extending which would be the arm moving in towards the cab ? 3 - please e-mail me directly at " [email protected] " thx adam

  561. #561MR. KOBELCO2012-05-11 12:41

    g'day to you too! you say computer schematics or do you mean electrical wiring schematics - electrical components and wiring harnesses ? model and ser# helps, thanks but please e-mail me at " [email protected] as well. i can see what i can dig up. cheers adam

  562. #562JGS Parts2012-05-11 13:34

    Thanks heaps Adam mate sent you an email

  563. #563VENT MOBILE2012-05-12 06:56

    Hi I'm looking for some info on a sk200 mark iv I do an attune and it comes up condition error and is low on revs and hydraulic power also the owner boost button won't work please help G-1 current - NG g-2 s/pt.error these were some codes and I have repaired the broken loom to step motor please help My email is [email protected] I appreciate ur time Yn-20453 sk200 mark IV

  564. #564VENT MOBILE2012-05-12 07:04

    Hi I'm looking for some info on a sk200 mark iv I do an attune and it comes up condition error and is low on revs and hydraulic power also the owner boost button won't work please help G-1 current - NG g-2 s/pt.error these were some codes and I have repaired the broken loom to step motor please help My email is [email protected] I appreciate ur time Yn-20453 sk200 mark IV

  565. #565MR. KOBELCO2012-05-13 14:03

    hi, i have responded to you, i need an answer on the engine as well as i need a few photos taken too - please check both your hef private e-mail as well as your hotmail e-mail. i have provided you a link on the hotmail cheers! adam

  566. #566joperdasal2012-05-16 13:28

    The serial no. of the excavator Mr. Kobelco is YN-28081.mark 5 sk 200.If the arm extend fully against the cab, the engine sounds overloaded,and the breaker is also not operational unless i engaged the control for boom,the bucket and the arm lever,.does it affect the performance if the monitor and the control is no longer operational,?Thanks for the help sir.

  567. #567joperdasal2012-05-16 13:34

    The serial no. of the excavator Mr. Kobelco is YN-28081.mark 5 sk 200.If the arm extend fully against the cab, the engine sounds overloaded,and the breaker is also not operational unless i engaged the control for boom,the bucket and the arm lever,.does it affect the performance if the monitor and the control is no longer operational,?Thanks for the help sir.

  568. #568Van Koop2012-05-18 01:02

    Hey Kevin "kp100" , after three months of the check wrench screen I noticed the auto decel light on. Turn machine off and restarted , gauges work fine again. I'm puzzled. I had Tonys "doc3"guy out to trouble shoot it and he couldn't find anything either. It seems to only act up when the weather is wet and it sits for a couple of weeks. Oh well I put a mechanical temperature gauge in it so at least if it does act up again I don't have to worry about cookin the engine.

  569. #569kp1002012-05-18 07:48

    That's exactly what mine is doing. Wet doesn't seem to be an issue but sitting is. Wrench screen is there on start up and after 8-15 minutes the auto idle light will come on. Shut down the engine and resart and everything works with the wrench screen gone. Works all day every time you start it up until it sits again. My mechanic believes that it is the A adjustment for the steper motor that needs to be calibrated. Problem the engine speed sensor is not working and a new one is $440. So I have to spend $440 first and if that doesn't fix the problem I am out that much. He needs that tach reading to do the calibration. Kobelco won't help by supplying the sensor first and only pay if it solves the problem. Sure makes me miss my Cat. People can say all they want about expensive repairs from cat they want. They just havn't dealt with Kobelco yet.

  570. #570MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 09:09

    hi, the engine rpm sensor is required, it tells the cpu that your eng is running. it also is used in the hp calc and fig hyd pump flows i do not believe you called us for a quote ? like all other dealerships there are no returns on electrical components if your display is not reading an rpm, check your shielded eng rpm sensor wiring 1st could be a broken wire? worst case could need a new main c-1 cpu adam

  571. #571MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 09:23

    hi, van koop and kp100 i dug deep in my memory, i recalled having a mark iv model where the check wrench was coming on there's a wiring harness runs under cab, cannot get at enclosed in frame i had mechanic put a rubber mat under harness and check wrench never did come up again. keep in mind unless you remove the whole harness out of machine and go over it inch by inch you can miss the hidden areas, hard to access at times its not worth it just replace complete harness and resolves the issue. adam

  572. #572MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 09:38

    please note, an engine rpm sensor just does not provide a tach readout the c-1 cpu needs this value to control the hyd pumps and keep the engine rpm up hp control there is a procedure on how-to install properly and setup this setting is specific to the engine setting rpm sensor is done by adjusting to achieve an A/C voltage with a digital multi-tester connected to the rpm sensor leads (sensor cannot be connected to harness some engines you set for A/C voltage at lo-idle and not to exceed X A/C volts at hi-idle mitsi engine 9 - 11 vac at lo-idle cummins eng 3 vac at lo-idle & no more than 6 vac at hi-idle isuzu eng 1.3 vac at lo-idle & no more than 3 vac at hi idle these are general rules must verify when purchasing an eng rpm sensor i will usually include this info along with the sale adam

  573. #573Van Koop2012-05-18 09:53

    I did the "A" adjustment last summer and it didn't make a difference. It did however pick up a few rpm. I put the new key switch in.Our problems are exactly the same!I can't see it being an rpm sensor.I have cleaned connections and checked the harnesses all over.The only reason why I say when it's wet is because it usually is good all summer.I know it has nothing to do with the c-1 or c-2 , because I've changed them both.I have also put in new batterys. I might try a new altenater because the the only thing out of spec at the c-2 was the charge signal was 29 volts. I don't mind buying parts , if that's the problem. But if you get the kobelco service truck out and start paying $120 an hour!You would think they would know how to trouble shoot the root of the problem. If only we could get Adam in the service truck and not the 20 year old kid that's learning they always send.

  574. #574MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 10:51

    hi, the monitor is important to be able to look into the machine maint screens to check sensors, solenoids, proportional solenoids, engine rpm sensor, etc... otherwise we are blindly troubleshooting and will be guessing and end up just throwing un-needed parts on the machine. the control not working - do you mean the computer or joystick functions ? as far as the breaker not working - it sounds like the sensor for the breaker is inop and should be replaced for it is not telling the computer to turn on the pump please send me an e-mail direct to " [email protected] " adam

  575. #575kp1002012-05-18 12:36

    The mechanic checked the screen diagnostics and the computer showed an engine rpm of 2310. The sensor on the flywheel had no wires connected to it. He figured it was using a stored value to function. That must be the reading the screen was showing. I have tried to find an isuzu price as this engine is used in an Hitachi and Case 9007B but none of those units came with engine rpm sensors. Kobelco was the only one who wanted a rpm sensor on that engine. Thats what they tell me. It just seems strange that the wrench screen never comes on during operation. It either works when first started or it doesn't. That pretty much rules out an ongoing short if you ask me. It has to be a fault that shows up just on starting. Some function the computer goes through on the key turn and when it gets 1 bad reading from this mystery source we have the wrench. machine has sat for 3 days and started today with all functions normal. I appreciate your help Adam but Cat would not ever leave my place with out solving something like this and if they couldn't they immediately would get answers from Cat Help and be back in a day. The bill wouldn't be ongoing. It would reflect the cost the repair as it should have been. Not just keep paying and guessing.

  576. #576Van Koop2012-05-18 12:51

    My rpm sensor works fine on the screen now that the check wrench is gone. I totally agree with you that it has to be something going , or not going to the c2 that it doesn't like. If the dealer would gaurrenty that the new harness would fix it I would do it. But they won't. I need to know what all the values resistence coming into the c2 are. Then when it acts up again I could compare. I know I've got power and grounds, but the other stuff there's no way of knowing.

  577. #577MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 13:05

    hi, in the servicemans maint screens when you access it, engine off, go-to screen with rpm the first # is computer set target the 2nd # is the measure off the rpm sensor if the wires are indeed broke off and the measure reads that value simply disconnect the shielded rpm wiring harness at the main cpu if still reads this meas value with engine off the cpu needs replacing if value goes away check your wiring or run a new set for rpm sensor no remember the rpm sensor harness is shielded usually the shield is grounded thru the cpu the end by sensor stays open i would suspect that the harness is shorted to itself or into a power adam

  578. #578MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 13:12

    hi, they do not give to much on that kind of thing, but u do have a harness checker kit ? did they include those values in the pages ? adam

  579. #579MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 13:16

    hey, i would be interested. i have my own side buz. i charge $80.00/hr, tnt & labour, but i think the travel time would kill ya. lol

  580. #580Van Koop2012-05-18 17:24

    Hey Adam would a westcoast fishing trip would cut down the travel time?

  581. #581MR. KOBELCO2012-05-18 19:33

    hey that sounds good to me - i'm sure we could work out something fair.

  582. #582StumpyWally2012-05-21 16:38

    Mr. Kobelco...The auto-idle down on my excavator just stopped working . All power & operation still good, & no warning lights or icons on the control panel. Got any ideas how I fix this?? My machine is a 2005 New Holland EH80 CS s/n N5TA18019 (Kobelco machine # LF04-02072), Izuzu engine # CC4JG1-272608. Do you have access to the shop or service manual in an electronic form that you could send me, along with any specific help?? StumpWally

  583. #583MR. KOBELCO2012-05-21 19:15

    hi, when i get to work tomorrow - tuesday - i'll scan you the elec schem. could be the rpm maint conn to disable the auto-decel wire is grounding out or the auto-decel sw if in cab is turned off ? possible that one of the pilot sensors is reading improperly keeping rpm up ? does it decel with the lever lock up ? adam

  584. #584PANDPDEMOLITION2012-05-22 15:58

    Please help !!! I have a kobelco SK150 that the stick out function will not work. all other function work just fine! any ideas ????:Banghead

  585. #585MR. KOBELCO2012-05-22 16:29

    hi, i am quite sure that i'll be able to offer guidance. however, i will need your serial number YM- or YMU- now when you say arm out does not work,... does it even attempt to move ? is the stick all the way crowded in to the cab and will not move out has the stick been drifting on you beforehand i'll need to figure out how this progressed or did it just immediately happen out of the blue ? thx adam

  586. #586PANDPDEMOLITION2012-05-22 17:07

    Hi, on the sk150 the ymu-1142 and yes some times the arm will move but not a lot !!! It was crowded up to the cab but i have got it to go out some. And yes it did just start out of no were. we had a control block put in all worked fine and then just stoped. Thanks, P AND P DEMOLITION

  587. #587MR. KOBELCO2012-05-22 18:11

    hi, 1) this control block, is it an add-on for aux hydrs or a component used in the machine that was just replaced ? 2) do you have the means to check for hyd bypassing in the arm cylinder past the piston ? since the arm cyl rod is extended out all the way, are u able to remove the rod side hose, on top of boom or easier down by the boom foot pin, cap the hyd tube off from the main hyd c/v, then holding hose in a 5 gal pail, run the arm in function and measure how much oil exits the hose into the pail ? 3) depending on above it might be easier to phone me either at work or home after hours to discuss home# 905-697-9626 work# 905-888-9070 adam

  588. #588joperdasal2012-05-25 04:42

    hi mr. kobelco error code two speed solenoid and power boost solenoid appeared in the monitor, what does it mean? Mark 5 sk 200 yn 002801.thanks in advance for the help.

  589. #589joperdasal2012-05-25 05:13

    Hi Sir Adam, The control in the computer i mean sir.but now that i fixed the computer,the monitor displayed power boost solenoid and two speed solenoid as an error,i have no idea what these error means.Thanks in advance for the help sir.!

  590. #590MR. KOBELCO2012-05-25 08:01

    hi, either the computer is not totally fixed, or... the machine has self diagnostics, there is either a loose connection, broken wire(s) or shorted wires to machine frame grounding out within the wiring harness to these 2 solenoid valves. or just simply you've fixed the computer and its now showing the fault codes it could not before and these 2 solenoid valves coils are burnt out. first thing i would recommend is to locate them, disconnect them from harness and using a digital multi-tester check the resistance of the coil should be between 17 - 25 ohms. cheers adam

  591. #591sas4012012-05-25 10:15

    Hi, I am looking for a Workshop manual for a Kobelco SK50UR. Can anyone help? Thanks

  592. #592MR. KOBELCO2012-05-25 11:17

    hi, i would give this gent a try. he says he has. let me know how your transaction went. cheers! adam http://sudoremont.com.ua/english/katalog/kobelco/kob-03.htm

  593. #593sas4012012-05-25 13:24

    Many thanks! I will give him a try now, will let you know how I get on!

  594. #594joperdasal2012-05-26 05:10

    hi sir adam, i did resistance measurement test and it reads 36.4 ohms for both solenoids,, i just noticed that the number from the parts catalog is different from the one that is in the machine. the part catalog writes kwe5k-30 while the solenoid that is in the machine is kwe5k-31.Is there any significant ?what conclusion should i draw then if it reads higher than the one you are quoting..thank again sir...

  595. #595StumpyWally2012-05-27 07:26

    Adam: Thanks for the schematic...but when you mentioned the "auto-decel sw if in the cab..." I remembered that I do have such a switch. Turns out that that I must have turned it off by hitting it inadvertently...so, once I turned it back on, problem solved!! Thanks. I tend to forget about that switch, because my intent is to always have auto-decel on. I love that function. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want it off. Any input on that...?

  596. #596PANDPDEMOLITION2012-05-28 00:19

    Thank you so much for the help. We got it back up and running!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!! Brandon, P AND P DEMOLITION

  597. #597erdelyi722012-05-28 13:38

    Hello, we have a problem with our nice SK210-LC6 machine. The error code is : "F2- swingbrake solenoid". The excavator is working, but the error always comes up. I found an answer regarding this problem in this forum, but I think it was a different version of machine. I tried to identify the solenoid, but I didn't find the right one on the manifold where the other solenoids located. We tried to disconnect the solenoid cables one by one and produced different kind of solenoid errors as we expect. The only exception was the first solenoid in the row, when the error remained the same. For me, it means, this is the defective solenoid, but I'm not sure, this theory is right. Could somebody help me to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance, Robert from Hungary

  598. #598rushman2012-05-29 19:04

    G'day Mr Kobelco, We have bought here recently a pretty beat up, used Kobelco k909 LCII excavator and noticed when we bought it, that one of the boom cylinder had a doubler plate installed on the side of the piston probably due to a leak or a bad weld...4 weeks ago the said plate begun to leak by one of the welds; we grinded the weld to expose the crack and made 2 pass of 7018 on the leaky spot; the repair held ...for about ...4 weeks! And now another of the doubler's original weld began to leak (to be noted it is not the repaired weld that broke but the one on the opposite side ...) Now we here would like to know a couple of things 1st i know that usually welds on hi-pressure hydraulic system are to be avoided but will this doubler start leaking side after side as we repair it or will once all the sides repaired, thoroughtly and deeply welded will this hold ( i was told that a doubler plate on a cylinder was a receipe for disaster due to pressure building under the plate and the piston?!?) or will it still crumble at the same beat even if repaired...? Other thing if another mean to repair a broken cylinder is available for example milling out a piece of the cylinder to shorten it and then add a coupon to restaure it to the original length... Anyhow, any hint would be appreciated

  599. #599Kobe1302012-05-31 01:27

    Kobelco SK130LC Swing Trouble Experienced Kobelco hands I need your help on this one. Finally sorted out my travel problem. Minimal travel on right side. Watched pressure gauge on right side go from 1500 psi to zero while I yarded on the control doing stall test. Now no travel at all. Swapped travel relief valves and problem swapped sides. Bought new springs lo and behold when I pulled the TRV 1 and 2 apart could find no problem. Reassembled, installed - adjusted stalled pressure up to 5000 psi both sides now and travel works just fine. Something stuck in one valve maybe? Didn't see it. Pumps and traction motors A-OK. However, swing still slower than molasses in Jan. Secondary pilot pressure is 700 psi on both sides of swing control valve (early style YPU 2328 machine). Swings in both directions (no unusual noise from swing motor just smooth and slow), speed picks up substantially when arm extended at same time. Main spool in swing control valve moves freely. The manual talks about a swing relief valve but I'll be darned if I can identify it. Is it in the main control valve or is it called something else (swing port relief valve) in the (fairly simple) swing control valve? Haven't checked main pressure to swing control valve yet (looks like at stall it should be 4000 psi). I thought I'd ask the experts before I pull the swing control valve and completely disassemble unnecessarily. Are there other valves that are implicated in this problem? Thanks guys for your thoughts.

  600. #600grandkobelco2012-05-31 06:35

    kobe 130 Did this problem start after your repair on the travel relief valves? Is it possible that you have pilot lines mixed up? Since your left track works fine and your arm works fine you can rule out P2 pump, Since the swing works when you arm you can probly rule out swing controll valve. Your not turning on the P2 pump when you swing only. I don't have a hyd sch in front of me now but i can look at one later today.

  601. #601Kobe1302012-05-31 12:08

    Thx GrandKobelco, pretty sure the pilots are not mixed up as the way they sit it would be difficult to do. This problem existed before I did any work on the TRVs. When I took delivery of the machine it had very slow swing and very weak right side traction. Traction both sides is now strong. I see from the manual (which points now directly to the "swing relief valve") there are a couple of "valves" in the swing control valve which I could investigate. Still wondering where the SRV is. The service manual talks about it but doesn't show it. Thx.

  602. #602MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 13:00

    hi, sorry, i was not recv'g e-mails on new posts. i refreshed myself on your posts, i would advise that if the electrical connectors are identical on the solenoids, for troubleshooting purposes just simply swap a harness off a solenoid that is not giving a fault code and once swapped see which fault codes display. theoritically the fault code should change if the solenoid is bad. if not and same fault remains its either poor connection issue, wiring or your computer you had fixed is not fixed 100%. just be sure to put back the way it was afterwards. cheers adam

  603. #603MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 13:06

    hi, at times you may want the eng idle to remain high, such as if craning a heavy load. for if eng does decel when resuming to lift the load it could possibly drop before the boom or arm begins to rise. keeping eng rpm up high ensures a higher gpm in the neutral circuit flooding the lines. sorry if this does not make sense. hard to explain today.

  604. #604MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 13:26

    hi robert, the usual is one manifold with 8 solenoids, middle 4 are psv the outside 2 on each end are on/off solenoids. the swing brake solenoid is the hardest one to reach and only one spool wise different from the rest. position A8 the end one nearest center of machine. the 1st one A1 (SV-4) closest to outside of machine is the pilot lever lock sol/v which does not have a fault code programmed in the computer to display. with that one simply if all your functions cease the sol/v for pilot oil feed to joysticks, pedals and such is burnt out. since the swing brake sol is likely burnt - usually first to go for cycles the most times of any of them - gets more use, when you disconnect harness to # A8 sol/v wire is tagged " SV-1 " the fault code will remain unchanged for the coil is burnt out acting like a disconnected circuit. hope this helps cheers adam

  605. #605MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 13:45

    hi, to be quite honest with you i do not recommend weld repairs on hyd tubes, cyls, etc... for once the oil gets into the crack it will never be the same. especially if its still mounted to the machine. result in injuries or if not disconnecting the main battery ground, fry harnesses computers etc... any hyd cyls we get done i have sent out to the best in the biz if it needs it its done, otherwise we are taking on a liability. say the weld lets go and the boom comes down killing somebody, businesses have been shutdown for less! it sounds like you need either a new metric barrel or gland, etc... i highly recommend MANN MACHINES & HYDRAULICS LTD. 245 ADVANCE BLVD. BRAMPTON, ON, L6T 4J2 Canada KULDIP MANN tel: (905) 488-6266 mob: (416) 899-6266 http://www.mannhydraulics.com/ to-date i have had no come backs cheers adam

  606. #606MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 14:06

    hi, the swing reliefs are on the hyd swing mtr control valve itself. i am going with grandkobelco on this one, it seems that your p2 pump is not turning on. you can verify this by teeing into the pilot hose for the pi2 line at the hyd pump regulator valve. use a 1,000 psi hyd prs gauge. the prs will read high 400 - 600 psi say when you use the swing controls this prs should drop off which causes the p2 oil flow to rise. if prs does not drop off then its likely that one of the shuttles in the main c/v is leaking off the signal which would be required to shift the p2 bypass cut spool. a second possible cause could be that a shuttle ball is missing in the pilot lines around the swing hyd mtr - see online parts catalogue remote pilot lines for the locations of these balls or i have had before one pilot line being joined to the wrong connection on a teed fitting at the swing mtr area and the signal was not being routed to the port in the c/v to shift the p2 bypass cut spool. i would first trace all your pilot lines verifying, see balls are in place and have not been lost and can watch your progress with tee gauge at pi2. now i do have one question, when you swing does the swing flasher led on the cab dash display light up as soon as you give movement on the joystick ? this led should lite immediately. reason i ask, one of the teed fitting assy has a long spring and ball, it is adjustable but should not bee tampered with. its very sensitive. if this has been fooled with and lite is not immediate this could be why your swing is slow for pump will not turn on. only when you move the arm signal comes from the opposite direction on this same tee. adam

  607. #607StumpyWally2012-05-31 16:41

    Adam: I understand...thank you for the explanation. Tom

  608. #608gregor19782012-05-31 17:47

    Hello, I would be glad for good advise because this will eat my nervs... Problem is with Kobelco SK200 mark 3. The problem is that Boom does not have the speed like it should and also the power. When oil is cold the speed is there and power also. But when I heat the oil realy good speed bacomes extremely slow and power is poor. Sometimes You can not lift full bucket. When You quicly several times engage other comand the boom performance goes little better. The engine do not feal the heavy lift. Like all oil was leaking somwhere.... I have check pressures and both pumps works on 270 bar max, checked also prop. valve for power shift and prop. valve for boom speed - both are o.k.. I have measured both negative control signals ( 48 bar at full engine speed). From that signal I saw that Boom conflux works ( both pumps engaged for boom lifting- pi1,2=0 bar). Bucket is strong ( just sometimes happens that opening of the bucked wait for half second when You give command), arm is strong and fast. I notice that for arm extending( closing arm cylinder) both pumps are combined, but for arm digging ( opening cylinder) under heavy load only one pump works ( travel priority is not engage for combining two pumps?) and it negative signal pi2 is jumping fast from 45 to 20 bar - strange - here I suspect ARM SQUENCE VALVE or filter on pilot or travel priority valve but I think it has nothing to do with boom. For the boom I suspect BOOST CHECK VALVE in the boom spool (when lifting boom maybe boost check valve do not close good?) Could that be the problem? I have check also main and port relief valves and are all o.k.. I will go to the machine with flow meter on saturday and will see how both pupmps deliver oil under heavy lift. I loost my paper with s/n, but hydraulics shematis is the same like in document S5LQ0004E. Gregor

  609. #609Iron Mechanical2012-05-31 18:29

    I am working on a 2008 kobelco sk350-8 for the first time and there is an engine miss do I need a special diagnostic tool to isolate injectors or can I do it with on board diagnostics? Also where would I find a service manual, an online version would be nice, I found them for all the models up to -6 but nothing newer.

  610. #610MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 18:42

    hi gregor, if you have not done this yet i highly recommend doing so, does not take long at all. raise boom hoist cylinder all the way up to stall postion dead head cylinders. turn off machine. carefully now... you will need to blow air prs off hyd tank, unjoin hyd hose that comes from each boom cylinder rod end of cylinder, cap off machine line, take hose that oil will exit boom cylinder rod end and hold to a pail start machine, then run boom raise again - lifting boom up measure how much oil is exiting the two hoses into separate pails you should have no more than a teaspoon if gushes out any of the 2 hoses the one that gushes is bypassing the piston and you need to overhaul. i say first thing to check and if so eliminate as possible cause. if you have done this let me know i am sure i can advise other checks from here. cheers adam work safe.

  611. #611MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 18:47

    hi please e-mail me directly @ [email protected] or call me at work at 905-888-9070 thx adam

  612. #612MR. KOBELCO2012-05-31 18:49

    hi guys, in order for me to provide proper and safe guidance... please, please, please, you must provide me the serial number of your machine. a model is not sufficient alone. thanks adam

  613. #613gregor19782012-06-01 16:23

    Hi MR. KOBELCO, Thank You for fast answer. I wish that would be the probem. Tomorrow I will firstly do what You suggest. If that would not be the case I will also have flow meter with me to see how each pump work under the pressure. Than I will be back with my results. Regards, Gregor

  614. #614MR. KOBELCO2012-06-01 23:40

    hi, if you called i'm sorry you might have had trouble getting thru today. storming and very windy. power kept going out at work. in regards to your sk350lc-8, it is not uncommon for the fuel injectors to get fouled up. an overlooked maintenance point on most hyd exc is the fuel tank. on the newer models the fuel tank is being relied on more so as a fuel conditioning device. it is highly rec that the fuel tank drain **** be opened and any water from condensation and sediment be let off every monday morning after sits over the weekend. if you do this there would be less fuel issues. also, both kobelco and hino have come up with an improved fuel filtration kit that replaces the one fuel filter which was std on the first group of 350-8. i would stress this gets installed if its not on it. if you e-mail me at " [email protected] " i can forward you this info. in regards to your original question, to work on the hino engine to access the ecu you would need to be a kobelco dealer for there is a software only released to us. hino dx diagnostics software and connection cables - runs over $2k. plus, the fuel injectors cannot just be swapped out for hino uses denso electronic fuel inj that have a QR code which a special QR reader can read. this code is a calibration of which must be programmed into the ecu. the diagnostics for the engines on all the new models are not onboard. you need either a CNH/EST tool or the Hino DX. again, please e-mail me for i can elaborate more on this. also, if you need new injectors i can sell cheaper than any dealer can buy them from kobelco parts depots. they are oem apples to apples and the latest supercession. cheers adam

  615. #615Kobe1302012-06-02 00:02

    Thx guys you were right on the money. Teed into Pi2 at the regulator - pressure goes from 700 psi to almost zero when arm is operated and it moves just fine. Swing pilot action drops the pressure hardly at all and - almost no swing. Checked tees and most valves today - found nothing amiss. Spools, valves and springs all seem to be fine. Did not check neutral cut valve 306A as it is underneath and I didn't think I could get it back in again without big trouble but I see in the manual it is implicated. If I can get the topside allen head plug out is it possible to check the NCV spool (topside 306B was perfect) by inserting a clean rod from the top to see if the 2 springs on the other end of 306A compress ok? I presume the port relief valves are not involved in this problem. Am I correct? Next step is to put another 1000 psi gauge on the pilot lines (return lines I guess) connecting the swing control valve, the hyd valve mated to the swing motor and then it goes on to the control block A where I found the Teed pressure switch Adam referred to. I'd only be guessing at what the psi in this line should be. I see that some of these fittings are actually restricting orifices. Does this line feed the pilot signal (to swing) back into the control block to get P2 pump to ramp up??? Thx for your thoughts.

  616. #616Kobe1302012-06-02 00:11

    Thx guys you were right on the money. Teed into Pi2 at the regulator - pressure goes from 700 psi to almost zero when arm is operated and it moves just fine. Swing pilot action drops the pressure hardly at all and - almost no swing. Checked tees and most valves today - found nothing amiss. Spools, valves and springs all seem to be fine. Did not check neutral cut valve 306A as it is underneath and I didn't think I could get it back in again without big trouble but I see in the manual it is implicated. If I can get the topside allen head plug out is it possible to check the NCV spool (topside 306B was perfect) by inserting a clean rod from the top to see if the 2 springs on the other end of 306A compress ok? I presume the port relief valves are not involved in this problem. Am I correct? Next step is to put another 1000 psi gauge on the pilot lines (return lines I guess) connecting the swing control valve, the hyd valve mated to the swing motor and then it goes on to the control block A where I found the Teed pressure switch Adam referred to. I'd only be guessing at what the psi in this line should be. I see that some of these fittings are actually restricting orifices. Does this line feed the pilot signal (to swing) back into the control block to get P2 pump to ramp up??? Thx for your thoughts.

  617. #617MR. KOBELCO2012-06-02 10:20

    hi brian, whats your new e-mail ? i tried sending you something and it kicked back on me. please e-mail me direct at " [email protected] " thx adam

  618. #618gregor19782012-06-02 16:16

    Hello, Today I visit that machine again and I am not happy. Firts the machine model and serial: SK200 YNU0107 I have checked and Boom cylinders are not bypassing. Than I connect flow turbine to P2 and I record: 1.) cold oil 25 deg.C min engine rev. and S....19,2 l/min max. engine rev. and S ...37,5 l/min Boom lifting - P2 for support in conflux ...137 l/min at cca.(sombody corrupt my fitting for pressure transduser and I used analog manometer) 120 bar. When boom reached highest level pressure rised to 280 bar and flow went slowly to 75l/min but only if I held boom joystic contiusly after I reach toppest point. If jostick was relised and pushed agan than only 40 l/min was got out of pump.Here I suspect pump regulator fault. Arm cylinder opening: 240 l/min at 50-100 bar - in vertical position arms waits a little bit ( flow still stand on 240 l/min) and than continue. When it reacjh final position flow ends at 43 l/mon at 280 bar. Arm cylinder closing: 150 l/min and when reached final position stayed at 280 bar. 2.) worm oil tank outside 40 deg.C and Al flow turbine 50 deg. C Still P2. Travel uphill 150l/min at 100 bar. Both tracks moves with the same speed. Boom lifting - P2 for support in conflux ...130 l/min at 120 bar. When boom reached highest level pressure rised to 280 bar and flow went slowly to 60 l/min but only if I held boom joystic contiusly after I reach toppest point. If jostick was relised and pushed agan than only 26 l/min !! was got out of pump.Here I suspect pump regulator fault again. Arm retracting at 200 l/min and extending at 130 l/min ( cca. 15 % slower than cold) Arm cylinder full open: 270 bar and 42 l/min Arm cylinder closing: 270 bar and 26 l/min. Why is here difference at pump flow?? When boom lifting is operate with arm extending at the same time arm move fast and boom very slow hardly noticed (flow on P2 105 l/mn). When arm extented to the end boom started to move faster. Swing 150 l/min when rottating around. I changed also pipes on pump in that way that P1 becamed P2 and also Pi1,2 lines to. and flow turbine stayed on the same line. And the measuring was identical. When I went digging in to the sand I loaded full bucket of wet sand. I noticed that Bucket did not have power to close, arm also did not have power to retract ( I heard high tone of pump noise ( regulating to min ( 42l/min on P2) and than ofcourse boom did not have power to lift ( flow meter showed 27 l/min at 280 bar). Than I lowered the boom and lifted myself ( also lifting was not easy ( lack of power) after few attemps I lifted myself up with boom and than fast swiched comand to boom lift and than the boom managed to lift normaly ( also dieselengine felt that) and flow meter showed 62 l/min at 280 bar. When I stoped lifting and tried again with lifting problem was again here. Flow was a little higher 66 l/min and pressure 280 bar but the boom did not lit anymore , pump hered regulating and engine dont felt it. I could not test pump 1 because there was diferent fitting wich i did not have with me nd the shops was closed alredy. I suspect pump regulation, but it is strange for me. What Do You think? Regards, Gregor

  619. #619MR. KOBELCO2012-06-02 16:56

    hi Gregor, questions and checks- what hyd oil are you using - brand, name, viscosity grade ? have you recorded what the pilot gear pump pressure is at ? my suggest, to test pilot oil flow this way by; - install a 1,000 psi hyd prs gauge (70 bar) - have the engine at lo-idle - pilot lever lock up position (disengaged) - read what your pilot pressure " P3 " is at - pressure should be no less than 600 psi (40 bar) - now engage pilot lever lock and observe gauge - how low does it drop and how quickly does it recover ? - my checks to determine overall health of the hyd pilot (remote) gear pump have you measured the hyd pump case drain oil flow # lpm ? does your machine have the hyd pump case drain hyd oil filter ? if so, have you cut it open to visually inspect the material it has collected ? request- this document you reference S5LQ0004E is it a digital file that you can e-mail me to review i do not have in my library if you can e-mail please send to " [email protected] " thx adam

  620. #620MR. KOBELCO2012-06-02 23:48

    hi Gregor, one more check, i have run into this lately, good thing to be aware of tee before (pilot gear pump) and after the pilot lever lock solenoid too calculate the difference between the 2 pressure gauges pilot pump # bar minus the outlet # bar after the lever lock solenoid = the total pressure drop across the solenoid valve. if this pilot lever lock solenoid is starting to fail especially once it warms up as current passes thru it it can lose its magnetic force causing a flow restriction resulting in a higher pressure if you change the solenoid the pilot oil flow will increase and pressure to rest of pilot system flooding the signal circuits to the ports and thus shifting the neutral bypass cut spools more dropping the pi1/pi2 pressures at the hyd pump regulators which will result in a higher and more stable reaction of oil flow delivery out of your main hydr pumps. plus the conflux spools will open more also delivering more oil and increase speeds. just a thought cheers! adam

  621. #621MR. KOBELCO2012-06-02 23:52

    to all, have a good night. adam

  622. #622gregor19782012-06-03 17:04

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, Thank You for help. With oil will be hard to say. Certanly is to old and was changed two Years ago when owner put newly repaird pump on. But it is ISO VG 46 ( viscosity 46 Cst.) Here I can not teach owneres that oil and cleanless is very important. I measured the pilot pump last time but I did not record it. But I think that pressure is lower tha 40 bar at low engine speed. At engine full speed it recovers to 48 bar. I also think that comands dont work at engine low idle. What if pressure is lower than 40 bar at low idle - is than gear pump worn out or could be also relief valve problem? I will go tomorrow there and do what You suggest. But I think this could be realy the problem. Because last time I mention that I noticed ( from measuring pump pilot Pi signal) when retracting arm, P1 pump did not engage under heavy load. If there was to less pressure on on pilot this could be also the case, because travel priorty valve could not ber swiched over to combine both pumps. Do You maybe know how much pressure You need to engage valve spool with no load and valve spool fuly loaded? I gues higher pressure is needed for higher load due higher flow forces. Still wonder why arm extending plus boom lifting dont work at the same time ( boom extemly slow). Your solution could explain in that way that arm spool needs less pilot pressure to open than boom spool and because two spools is activated and pilot pump has unsufficien flow pilot pressure on arm spool is less than if only arm spool was activated ( because of that on flow meer was read only 105 l/min - when operate arm alone was 150l/min) ? What about arm standing still for cca. 1 s in vertical position and flow reading is more than 200 l/min ? Regards, Gregor

  623. #623MR. KOBELCO2012-06-03 21:38

    hi gregor, if this is the case that you are less than 40 bar at lo-idle then it is quite likely that your pilot gear pump is worn and should be replaced with new. if the pilot relief is checked and looks to be okay then before you pull all your hair out this would have to be done first. after replacing all needs to be retested. cheers adam

  624. #624grandkobelco2012-06-04 06:15

    Yes, there is a pilot line that goes from the hyd swing motor to the main controll valve to stroke the P2 NCV when you swing, this pilot line is missing, routed wrong, or the shuttle check valves are missing, not functioning. Don't dig out the P2 NCV itself I dought thats the problem. As adam said, check out the parts cat to find the location of these balls. Inspect closly for missing or damedge. Pressure in this line will be pilot oil pressure, 400-600 psi. The NCV is variable, the more pilot oil you put on top of it the more it moves, the more it moves the more it cuts oil to the P2 gov, the more oil P2 puts out the faster you swing.

  625. #625KeeslerIron2012-06-04 12:08

    Hello, I have a Kobelco SK300LC Sn-YCU0162. The machine suddenly stopped swinging either direction. The engine and pumps labor when the swing is activated. There is no movement what so ever. Not sure where to start without a manual to give an idea of how the system works. Is there a swing brake that may not be releasing? Any help, insight, and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

  626. #626gregor19782012-06-04 17:03

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, Today I went back check again pilot line. At lovest engine idle I got 29 bar on P3 and at highest engine speed 50 bar. When I egaged lever lock the pressur felt down for 1 bar on 28 bar and recovered in1/2 second. Temperature of oil was 30 deg. C. Than I worrm up the system and funy because i think outside relative low temparature and rain system needed 1 hour to slighty show its malfunction and I feel like employee on exavator... All functions becamed slower and slower and did not want to stop working. Than I read at lowes idle 19 bar and at highest 49 bar. Temperature of oil was 50 deg. Celsius. I said this is it, gear pump is worn out and I do one more check. I disconected pipe from gear pump and put relief valve directly on it and conect it with improvised flow meter ( big mensure). After engine started in low idle I set the pressure on my relief to 50 bar. Almost no flow came out of gear pump. Than the speed was set to max. and I measure only 6 l/min flow. And the flow should be 18 l/min. I concluded that gear pump is defective and neeeds to be replaced. Now I will order new gear pump and I hope the problems will be solved...Otherwise I will be back Thanks. Regards, Gregor

  627. #627MR. KOBELCO2012-06-04 21:04

    hi, question, what is your swing gear reduction gear oil level at ? can you see level on the dipstick ? gear oil is 80w-90 if oil is low very likely that the top upper gear carrier has the one gear burned out and unit is mechanically jammed. if no oil i suggest you unbolt the swing hyd mtr and lift off the swing gear unit to do a visual. please refer to the parts cat for drawing before you attempt. the swing tower if you are unaware consists of the upper portion - swing hyd mtr the lower gear reduction cheers adam

  628. #628MR. KOBELCO2012-06-04 21:08

    hi gregor, if this is your fix, please do post your feedback just the same adam

  629. #629armadillo2012-06-05 19:35

    Hello Mr. Kobelco I have a 2005(?) ED150 S/N YH02-01384 with aprox 5200 hrs on the machine. The drive motors have been slowly loosing power over the past few months and now the machine is starting to run hot. My first thought was a restricted radiator. Radiator is clean and full of fluid. I changed the thermostat. It helped a little but still running much warmer than normal. The machine is also using more fuel. Started off only getting hot when I was heavy pushing with the dozer. Now it heats up when ever the machine is working. If you stop and bring it to half throtel the temp. guage cools way down in about a minute. The tractor runs strong for the first couple hours. Once it starts heating up the tracks SLOW down. Other functions are not noticeably affected. I did some onboard diagnostics. N0.24 E-1 P-1 (cold, track at full stroke) comp. 741mA 30K meas. 742mA 29K (hot, track at full stroke) comp. 570mA 20K meas. 570mA 19K No.25 E-2 P-2 (cold,track at full stroke) comp. 742mA 30K meas. 741mA 29K (hot, track at full stroke) comp. 575-595mA 20K meas. 576mA 19K Looks like I'm loosing about a third of my pressure or volume witch is how the machine is acting. Not sure what to do next. I read your post on the O rings in the pump regulators but there is no square nut on the end of my pumps :-( They are Kawasaki though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  630. #630gregor19782012-06-06 16:03

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, One more think: I found up that in past somone repaired Kawasaki piston pump. And so he put there rear cover for 4 bolts gear pump with outer drain ( own relief valve) - like at SK200 mark6. And this 4 bolts gear pump is little bigger (10 or 12 cc/rev) than original (7cc/rev). So now my machine has separate relief valve set on cca. 45 bar at 18 l/min and I will put there gear pump with 12 cc/rev with relief valve. What is better to use gear pump relief and make hose conection to tank and set old relief valve to higher value, or to plug gear pump relief valve and reset old relief valve for 28 l/min flow? Thanks. Regards, Gregor

  631. #631MR. KOBELCO2012-06-06 20:46

    hi, be sure that the shaft has the same # of teeth on splines and size ok. not all the same, have seen fitted but shaft slips. if you fit the new style pilot pump that has the built-in relief use that one. set the old one higher approx 150 psi and plumb up the new pilot pumps tank line to tank adam

  632. #632MR. KOBELCO2012-06-06 20:58

    hi, my thoughts at first glance... the screens youre viewing are the psv sol on the hyd pump regulators as you pointed out that once the machine gets hot the hyd pumps are being cut back in hyd oil flow to attempt to keep the load off the engine to try to keep up the eng rpm and with that the eng fan speed. its very likely that the computer is sensing a lack of power from your engine. have you verified the engine rpm with a tach versus the eng rpm meas speed in scrn no. 2 ? have you checked the fuel system, water in fuel tank, sediment in tank, have you looked at all the screens in the display with key on and eng not running ? all the hyd sensors should zero 0.4 v and 0 pressure ? **** i would recommend trying this,... when in the screens 24 and 25 and machine is at the point when its acting up, pumps being destroked use a water spray bottle and cool down the fuel inj pump housing see if this changes your results it is possible the fuel inj pump is worn out and requires overhaul and recalibration - do fuel inj too. **** now a second thought, on screen 14 the high prs sensors on pumps what reads key on eng off reads cold - full throttle, H mode, stalling over boom raise main relief ? reads hot - stalling in same condition cheers adam

  633. #633armadillo2012-06-06 23:08

    Yes I checked all screens with key on engine off. 0.5v-0.6v 0K on pressure sensers. Fuel system appears good. No water in the seperator........ Will try a new filter and the water on the injector pump. There is little or no smoke from the exhaust. Screen 14 key on engine off,, P-1 0.4mV 0K P-2 0.5mv 0K High idle cold,no load ,, P-1 0.5mv 6-9K flutter P-2 0.5mV 9-11K, pretty steady at 10K High idle warm with tracks stalled,, P-1 3.1v 316-327K P-2 3.0v 316-326K Sorry, didn't recheck it HOT. Thought I had found the issue with No.24 and 25 Screen 13 B-9 0.5v 0K B-10 0.6v 1K,,, B10 would not "0" even when I moved the travel lever back and forth gently. Problem?? All so, my "mode" selector button does not function. it is stuck on H. Is there an easy fix for this?

  634. #634armadillo2012-06-06 23:39

    The fact that the machine is burning MORE fuel I didn't think about a fuel restriction. If this is the issue,,,, I'll be a happy camper!!! Thank you for your insight. Will let you know how it turns out.

  635. #635MR. KOBELCO2012-06-07 16:09

    hi, B10 - is that key on engine off ? or key on, engine on, pilot safety lever lock engaged or disengaged ? you might have a bad pilot sensor depending on your answers above or sticking spool in pedal cheers adam

  636. #636MR. KOBELCO2012-06-07 16:12

    hi, i do believe is an isuzu eng isuzu has 2 inline fuel screens hidden inside 2 of the fuel banjo bolts 1 at the inlet of fuel transfer lift pump 1 at the inlet of fuel water/sep filter pinch off fuel line hose, remove bolt, remove screen, wash, reinstall just in case you are unaware cheers adam

  637. #637gregor19782012-06-07 17:54

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, I replaced old pilot pump with new one (12 cc/rev, set pressure at max rpm to 50 bar) today and problem is the same. I think that machine works better up to certain oil temperature, beut when certain temperature leve isl reached problems is starting. Today I measured on tank surface 50deg. C and 60 on pump housing or main valve. Problem is now that all attachent function lose power. If I close bucket in sand than at certain load bucket just stopped moving and I could here only pump regulating to min. ( high freq. trrrrrrrrr) and the diesel dont fell it at all. Like if some kind of bypas would be opened on half way ( I see flexible hoese from pump moving when put under load). Than I could hold command to close the bucket for all day and will not close. If I lift a little boom and close a little arm than I could wery slowly load full bucked of sand. The same is with arm, no moving at closing at high load and also with boom. But boom I think works slighty better than last time - but stil dont works as it should. I noticed that gear pump pressure fals for cca. 4 bars (60psi) when I angage travel. At attachment use thre is not dro of pilot pressure at all. But this could be caused by pipe leakage. I saw on down side of control valve that somethink is leaking. Culd flow gets away around travel relief valves? I also measure highest temperature on the control valve in the middle of it. Where travel priority valve is located. Any idea? I pay drink and dinner for solution... Regards, Gregor

  638. #638MR. KOBELCO2012-06-07 20:53

    hi, usually with the mark ii, mark iii, and mark iv models you will see on the hyd schematic that the main hyd control valve will have 4 main reliefs 2 - travel reliefs " TR1 & TR2 " 2 - attachment reliefs " MR1 & MR2 " the travel reliefs are usually set to limit the system pressure in the travels to 5,000 psi the attachment reliefs are usually around 4200 psi refer to your hyd prs specs now with these reliefs, the lowest relief will take control the main pumps pass by the travel reliefs first thru the travel spool and then down on thru the main control valve to the attachment reliefs at the ends. what is your travel pressures at when you stall the sprockets against frame with a stalling pin ? now you also said the hose off the hyd pump was chattering...which hyd hose ? main line or nega-con pilot hose (pi1/pi2) ? have you measured the hyd pump case drain flow ? adam

  639. #639armadillo2012-06-08 02:26

    Adam, I believe that was high idle, hydrolics warmed up, and safty lock disengaged ( ready to work ) Also my stick cylinder, the one on top of the boom, is leaking oil externally from the seal. I have had it resealed twice. First time lasted about six months second time only lasted about a month. I don't EVER "chop" with the machine but I do run a Tramac 900 hammer sometimes. are some seal kits better than others or should I look for another shop to do my cylinder repairs ?? And yes it is an Isuzu engine. Thank you for shareing your knowledge and insights !! If you ever make it to centrial Texas I'll buy you a steak dinner

  640. #640Kobe1302012-06-08 20:57

    Kobe130 Swing Problem. Thanks GrandKobelco and Adam. I did discover a fitting with stripped threads (previous mechanic) where the fitting appeared to sit normally but as soon as I turned a hose fitting on the end it basically fell out of the swing control motor valve block. In the process of repairing it now I presume it was leaking hydraulic resulting in loss of signal to the pump regulator. Many thanks for your help.

  641. #641MR. KOBELCO2012-06-08 23:02

    hi, oem seals are good even better than aftermarket, but we do send off our hyd cyls to get overhauled at a reputable hyd cyl shop. he uses aftermarket seals, and we have had no come backs. by the way, in regards to B10 pilot sensor, if it is indeed providing an input signal to the c-1 cpu then the computer will think you are using your travels when you are also running the upper machine functions. when you operate the lower travels and upper at the same time the cpu basically divides the hyd pump flows as so you are one pump for upper (P1) and the other runs the lower (P2). i would suggest that this sensor if problem is replaced to correct machine functions. cheers adam

  642. #642gregor19782012-06-10 17:56

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, I still did not diagnose the couse of problem. One hose going on to the valve P2 is flexible and You can see when pressure raise there. I did not have stalling pin or simmmilar so I did not measure travel relief. I found one old block and I took out travel relief and I change it with the one on right travel block ( because it concern bucket and boom). There was no change. I took out also main relief and replace it with one from working exavator- there was very slight difference - bucket very slowly closed. I test everythink with bucket 1,2 m3 ( largest). With original relief valve could not close in wet mountain of soil. I heard pump regulating and relief opening but the bucket could not close. So I gues all the flow goes out over relief. I noticed that original relief is not like it should be from catalog but it is like on SK200 sn YNU7922. It has o-ring and back up ring. I noticed that this valve Was leaking a little bit because some part of back up ring ( where it comes together) was missing and o ring there was also a little deformated. Also this time when reliefing wheezing was heared- I think that oring and back up ring on relief. But I think this leaking could not open main popet? There must be a leak on cone or between popet and housing if oil is going from spring chamber of popet to tank? Could constant leaking on oring and back upt ring cause housing deformation? I also put on a little bigger oring without back up ring and wheezing was canceled but bucked still could not close. If thinks ware o.k. bucket should pull machine farward. But if I go to the last time measurment of pump going on valve block on P2 conection ( measurment was the same when I changed the pump lines). When the boom is lifted to the end and comand for lifting is still there the flow reading for P2 was 60 l/min. If comand for lifting is relised and pressed again than flow on P2 goes only to 26 l/min. Why regultaor once close the pump on 60 and once on 26 l/min? Also once litfting wit flow on P2 of 60 l/min and second no lifting with 66l/min. I also turn in the small screw for flow on regulator. When this was done machine was fater with no load and the engine felt it very hard. When put under load thinks ware the same - no power. Should I put in larger screw on regulator to regulate pump to min a little slower? I think not. I do not have any idea more...

  643. #643MR. KOBELCO2012-06-11 12:50

    hi gregor, first thing, i agree do NOT attempt to adjust any of the hyd pump adjustment screws. i have a few questions... 1) when accessing the serviceman's maint screens in cab display (dash), are you able to read an engine rpm "comp value" and when the engine is running does it read the rpm sensor "measure value" ? 2) are you able to tee into both the "pi1"/"pi2" pilot hoses with 1,000 psi hyd prs gauges ? as well as get into the hyd pressure test port located on the pf solenoid manifold block itself too ? 3) i ask to record and advise the pi1/pi2 nega-con hyd pressures in neutral - both at engine lo-idle and then both at hi-idle "H" mode 4) i ask to record the pf solenoid proportional hyd prs at hi-idle "H" mode, and when you operate the machine does the c-1 computer vary this hyd pressure during movements ? 5) i ask that you then pay very close attention when, - have arm all the way in to cab - then moving the stick (arm) out away from cab - quick full stroke of joystick control lever - during engine hi-idle "H" mode - monitor the pf solenoid hyd pressure gauge and also in the cab dash the engine rpm drop during this movement 6) please then report this hard data for review thanks adam

  644. #644Oliver2012-06-11 18:56

    Hello, Mr. Kobelco We have a SK45 Kobelco serial# PY03114. We have tried to find some information on the year model, and if in fact it is a SK45 I have ask Kobelco, They cannot locate the serial number. I am sure the machine was Imported. Will you help me? Thank you Oliver

  645. #645Iron Mechanical2012-06-12 00:18

    I finally got a S/N kobelko sk350lc yc08u1942 with engine abjo8etm the engine has a miss is there any way to isolate the injectors electronicly and can I pull fault codes through the dash. Where can I get a manual for this model I have found online manuals for all the older machines but nothing for the tier 3 machines. Thanks Jason

  646. #646kp1002012-06-12 19:49

    SK 60 1995 LE-17572. Well after 100 hours of on again off again service screen showing the wrench symbol it is back on for good. Worked fine all last week, run every day. Sat over the weekend and now have nothing but the wrench. After 2 days I guess it is not coming back on. Found a very recent Cluster controller but am hesitate at buying a third one. Still no clue as to why they fail or even if that is the problem. Should I be changing the wiring harness before ruining a third controller? How much is a new harness installed??? In too deep now.

  647. #647MR. KOBELCO2012-06-13 21:49

    hi Oliver, please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] i'll see what i can muster up and send you. sorry for delayed response. adam

  648. #648MR. KOBELCO2012-06-13 22:01

    hi Jason, i believe/think in an earlier post of yours i suggested that it would be best that you give me a call at work. i'm in ontario. my work # 1-905-888-9070 be sure to specifically ask to speak with me. plus please e-mail me at " [email protected] " too. ser# helps, its a hino j08e diesel eng it has a separate ecu for eng and special hino dx software only released to the kobelco dealers if they made the expense to purchase it. the only way to isolate fuel inj is with the software if any fault codes displayed they'd be stored in the dash error history as for a shop manual $500.00 - $600.00 dollars i may have mentioned in my earlier post as well about bad fuel, contaminants such as a single water droplet will steam the tip off the fuel injector i sell oem new replacements cheaper than i can purchase off cnh/kob themselves. but you need hino dx software to program codes of each inj in the cyl you installed likely due to water in fuel tank from condensation, dirty fuel or the use of non-apples-to-apples aftermarket fuel filters will cost you in these new common rail fuel systems. the sk350 and some other models offer a opt kit to better the existing fuel filtration system in more severe working environments. its worth the expense for if not we had one customer whom had to learn this themselves after we stressed what effects would be,...$ 10k later he is now listening and will not chance any aftermarket filters. call me if you want any help. take care, chat tomorrow adam

  649. #649MR. KOBELCO2012-06-13 22:04

    hi, please e-mail me at " [email protected] " have your mailing address etc... i'll quote you, but i'd want it at my shop this way i'll be on-hand to oversee the job myself. adam

  650. #650Pane2012-06-15 02:21

    G'day I'm in Australia and have a sk120 mark 5 super, the computer screen is all grainy and can't be read easily, where can I order on from? I checked with the dealer here and they wanted $1200. MOdel number is lp15880 Cheers

  651. #651gregor19782012-06-17 18:10

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, I was on Linde hydraulics service training in Germany and was not able to reply You faster than now. I will measure those values and than report to You next time when wisit this machine. Now when I see this machine shematis of hydraulics system when I close eyes, I think that maybe also travel priority valve could couse this problem. Theoreticaly if this valve stucks in the midle position could cause pressure drop across itself. I dont know how big this p drop could be - but if big enaugh some power could be wasted there and than less will be awailable for other attachment. Because bucket with pressure of 280 bar should pull complete machine when closing ( extending buck. cylinder). This machine reach max pressure and have no power. I think if everithink normal working this machine should pull itself with bucket at 250 bar? On my first visit I noticed that cold machine had power on all attachments and than geting hotter power starting to go away..At that time I also noticed from pi signals that pump 1 is not engageing when closing the arm under full load, because pi1 was cca. 50 bar so pump 1 was at min. Also when closing arm under heavy loads for pump conflux is responsible travel priority valve and also arm conflux sequence. On my last visit power on bucket was missing already when machine was cold. Could all that be somehow conected that firstly problem started with wormer oil and now is present already with cold - i think now on travel priority and conflux pilot ? What You think? Thanks, Gregor

  652. #652Vivian2012-06-19 03:35

    Mr. Adam, thanks so much.......

  653. #653gregor19782012-06-19 18:17

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, Today I pass by machine and I quickly measure some values. 1.) I could read engine rpm. 660 rpm and pf=30 bar 1300 rpm and pf=16 bar 1500-2150 rpm pf= 20 bar 2.) Yes, but today I did not have the time to measure Pi1 and pi2. 3.) Last time wasboth Pi at full speed 48 bar 4.) Yes at engine full speed 2150 rpm comp. vary the pf pressure. Like: boom up 24 bar and 36 bar when reaching end bucket opening 18 bar and 18 when reaching end bucket closing 16 and 20 when reaching end for two seconds and than 16 arm retracting 10 bar and 30 bar when reaching end arm opening 30 bar and 20 bar when reaching end 5.) ful rpm 2150 and starting arm away from cab pf goes dynamic 22bar-30-40 and 20 when reaching the end rpm fell down from 2150 to 2073-2053 6.) raising boom 2150 rpm pf: 26-30- and stops at 40 rpm rpm fell down to 2057-2029 Regards, Gregor

  654. #654MR. KOBELCO2012-06-19 19:28

    hi, note: engine specs lo-idle = 875 rpm ( +/- 25 ) H mode (hi-idle) = 2320 rpm S mode (hi-idle) = 2000 rpm FC mode (hi-idle) = 1600 rpm DECEL = 1050 rpm ( +/- 50 rpm ) pf sol hyd pressure at hi-idle under no load = 3 bar maximum note: on arm in digging if the primary hyd pump (p2) does not reach X pressure the secondary pump (p1) which confluxes in to help will not receive the signal from the arm sequence valve. i am leaning to your fuel injection pump is worn out. your engine rpms are low plus your pf solenoid pressures seem too high. cheers adam

  655. #655MR. KOBELCO2012-06-19 19:33

    hi, $ 1200 seems a fair price. the cab display part number is locked off to my region on that model. i have sold cab displays (which are a computer themselves too - " C3 ") for $ 2000.00 cad + that seems cheap to me. if much for you, try googling people have told me theyre available aftermarket out of singapore ? adam

  656. #656gregor19782012-06-20 18:17

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, What you write is all true but is not the main problem. When I disconect the el .wire to Pf solenoid, all problems are still there and also engine stalls when you push pump to hard. If I tried realy hard to lift lift ful bucket of rocks I coukd lift it litle more quicker than whith computer help. What I found up: 1.) when prop valve disconected pf=0 2.) I tried to close bucket ( to fill it with 1-3 inch rocks) but bucket did not want to close and the pressure riest in moment to 290 bars ( I monitor only P1) and pump regulatet to 0 I think and engine did not felt enythink. Than I pull right travel comand when all machine was blocked with bucket in rocks and I saw that travel relief is set to 350 bars. After that I pull travel comand to cca. 300 bar and also engage bucket for diging. Than sudenly bucket started to move ( close and loading the rocks) at pressure of cca. 200-250 bar. After that bucket and boom worked almost good ( but cca. 1/3 to slow) and arm still did not have power to tow complet machine when closing. When bucked now was closing under heavy load I could here whiseling from valve I think. I also notice that full loaded bucket is lifting with boom at 150 bar and real slow. So I think that travel limiter could be cought somwere in the middle and throttle main flow. So could that be the couse? Could pilot pressure which suppose to lift the travel priority spool againstthe springs when engaging both travel and attachment leaks to that spool wheen it should not? I attached the picture from which I think that is seen that this spool is forced in upper position ( from brown color which sould be oposide with bright part). I will try to attach the immage here. Regards, Gregor

  657. #657ser repair2012-06-20 19:04

    problems with sk210lc hydraulics I'm trying to get some help with locating the ports and fitting sizes for a sk210lc, s/n yoo7-uo978. For now I think I need to check the main pump(s) and pilot pressure ports. Problems are reported and seem to be 1. lack of didding power especially with the stick and bucket while cold. I have been told it get's worse after warming up. 2. the swing creeps even when cold. It has a Kawasaki pump with #'s as best as I can read "type" K3V112DTP. Thanks for any help, Ser

  658. #658gregor19782012-06-21 17:14

    I realy think that travel block is either defective or have some problem with piloting travel priorty spool. But how could I test that be sure? I could check pressure which come from A2 ( independant travel valve), but how could I see that servo pressure does not leak throgh travel spool and goes to travel prioriti valve to engage it? Or how could I test travel block for leaking? Normaly P1 should go from A port to D port but if leaking from A to C flow could be throtled and reliefed than to tank on arm side section of the block. Regards, Gregor

  659. #659rioncrsn2012-06-21 21:28

    kobelco 150 1991 ymu283 i have a kobelco sk 150 all the hyd. work good except the lift boom had a frien of mine, which is an older man and retired mechanic look at it. he said after running it that a solenoid was not working properly and telling the second pump to cut on when the lift boom was being used. just wondering if you agree and if so were do i look for this solenoid and is it something i can fix myself. Thanks in advance.

  660. #660MR. KOBELCO2012-06-22 12:16

    hi, please e-mail me at [email protected] plus also call me when you're sitting in the cab seat we can diagnose over the phone on your machine. work# 905-888-9070 home# 905-697-9626 cheers adam

  661. #661MR. KOBELCO2012-06-22 12:23

    hi, - serial number is incomplete - is engine mitsubishi or cummins engine ? - boom raise is supposed to be both pumps on lifting - there is NOT a solenoid to turn second pump (conflux) on or off the hyd circuit uses tees and a times shuttles within the hyd fittings and/or shuttles inside the main hyd control valve itself - when you say boom raise does not work good - i need better full explanation of whats wrong thx adam

  662. #662huynhvantoan2012-06-25 05:23

    Dear Mr Kobelco, I have problem with my excavator Kobelco SK210LC-6, Seri No: Y008-U1914. This excavator work very slow suddenly, i need some information to check and repair. I have many shop manual, but i don not have Shop Manual Kobelco SK200-6. Please sent me your advise, If you have document, can you share for me? Thank you very much! Huynh Van Toan

  663. #663MR. KOBELCO2012-06-25 10:35

    hi, you will likely find that it is simply either the straight travel switch has been turned on, or the heavy lift switch is turned on, or could even be a bad sensor, etc... cheers adam

  664. #664digger1042012-06-28 06:44

    rebuilding the pilot control I have resealed my pilot control, held for a while, now back to leaking, priced the brass in certs and chrome plungers, boys are they expensive, I will get over 200 dollars per set and there is 4 in each control. It is making a mess in the cab but a paper towel wrapped around the chrome plungers help, but in the end I have to fix right.

  665. #665Vivian2012-06-28 22:14

    The SK200-6 photo is nice

  666. #666james_stevens2012-07-01 21:33

    Kobelco sk 150 wiring harness Dear Mr Kobelco, I have a Kobelco sk150 lc mark 4 ymu 1123 Recently i purchased a wringing harness part number 2479u1944 i was told that this harness replaces old harness #2479u1808 but when I compared the old harness to the new one connection is missing from the new harness that is connection e11 to a resister so what do i do all the other connections on the harness seem to look the same. Did kobleco do away with this connector. Will it hurt anything installing this knew harness and running the machine. Thanks for your help James

  667. #667Irish Cyril2012-07-02 08:35

    Anyone know how to bypass the sensor that prevents the bucket from hitting the cab in a 2007 135SR?

  668. #668oldequip2012-07-02 09:32

    That doesn't sound safe.....you trying to sabotage someones equipment ?

  669. #669MR. KOBELCO2012-07-02 20:17

    hi james, i am not seeing that the old # supercedes to this newer #. please e-mail me directly at " [email protected] " and i'll look into this tomorrow and send you off some info/stuff. cheers! adam

  670. #670MR. KOBELCO2012-07-02 20:29

    Many of you have known me through the Heavy Equipment Forum (HEF) posts, Senior Member status joined back in July of 2008, and my helping you with sorting out problems with either your Kobelco or MDI/Yutani hydraulic excavators. I have launched my own forum (paid membership only) of which one can join for less than a cup of coffee per day. Equal to a quarter to half of what it costs for one on-site service call made by your local dealership. This paid subscription would result in allowing you the ability to reach me 24/7 for a period of one years’ time. Members will receive additional benefits offered. The forum is setup in such a way, that over a short period of time, it will begin compiling a working technical library of common problems that can occur in a machine’s lifetime. These libraries will be unique to each type and generation of machine. Beginning today I will no longer be posting on the HEF. You can now find me at any of these 2 links i have provided below. Homepage: http://www.hf-hydraulics.com/index.php/en/ Forum: http://www.hf-hydraulics.com/forum/forum.php To register, simply click the link below; http://www.hf-hydraulics.com/forum/register.php I look forward to transferring my product knowledge that i have learned over the years on to you. Thank-you for your time and support. Best regards, Adam Fairchild, a.k.a. Mr. Kobelco HF Hydraulics 56 Brooking Street Bowmanville, Ontario Canada L1C 5L5 tel: 1-905-697-9626 e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected] Skype ID: mr.kobelco

  671. #671willie592012-07-02 21:22

    Best wishes for your new adventure Mr Kobelco, you will be missed here at HEF.

  672. #672stock2012-07-02 21:26

    Best of luck Adam and I echo Willies words you will be sadly missed. Thank you for all the help you have given while here.

  673. #673grandkobelco2012-07-05 19:15

    It was fun reading the post of a man who knew what he was talking about. Good luck. wes

  674. #674Vivian2012-07-16 09:57

    thank for sharing ......

  675. #675finaldrive2012-07-18 16:10

    Adam, can we contra our charges for final drive advice? haha

  676. #676armadillo2012-07-19 00:09

    Hey Adam,, well the injector pump has been rebuilt and fuel filter and screens cleaned. Machine runs and operates much better but still having a over heating problem. Could the B10 pilot sensor be causing the hyd to over heat ?

  677. #677jasonjames2012-07-19 12:02

    hi sir, i have a 2004 kobelco sk200- 6e serial number: yn0834669. i have several problems: (1) i realize that while i am working with the boom and stick that the track is very slow, but whenever i stop working it tracks fine. (2) the tracks also tend to pull to the right with the idler facing from. can i find out what is the cause for this. (3)also the machine is working very slow, i was gettin some errors and i change all the solenoids and the errors stopped, but the machine is still slow, i tried disconnecting the rev control on the engine and started working a little faster but when i connect it back it get back extremely slow. can u help me please because the machine is parked. i also need a shop manual for this machine

  678. #678jf 882012-07-22 04:17

    good day i have dis kobelco sk 07 already has 4824 hrs, until now my unit still working good until the red light indicator goes on. i think its hydr. oil indicator, but i already check the level its ok. what do you think the cause of it? tnx

  679. #679eamon2012-07-31 17:31

    Hi there, we have a fiat kobelco e165 yr 2004 showing "pump p1 sensor" on dash with S-E symbol also showing. Also it slows down the hydrualics, but if you strain the hydrualics then and clunk is heard then the hydrualics return to almost normal. Which sensor would this be?

  680. #680jf 882012-08-01 12:13

    kobelco sk 07 hi, my kobelco still working good nothing change the way its working, only the red light with the bulb like shape with tear drop shape inside and two arrow both side which pointing inside the bulb like shape indicator i know it is for hydraulic sensor. tnx

  681. #681jf 882012-08-01 12:15

    also sometime when i let hi idling of he engine the light goes out but just a few minute it goes on again

  682. #682equipmenttech2012-08-02 12:00

    I have a SK115SRDZ that stays at full throttle, screen says H-2 Machatro set error & cpu under the H-2, only way to throttle down is unplug step motor or pull fuse, replaced & cleaned battery cables, has good voltage, local dealer says they need to hook to laptop, another dealer says calibrate with switches, not fimilair with this unit looking for some help, I ohmed the switch appears ok & checked all fuses

  683. #683ben46a2012-08-05 16:03

    FYI kobelco owners, if you're having trouble tracking down engine trouble codes, check the egnine elictrical harness, physically pull the wires out of the split loom. Our SK485 with 2100 hrs had a fuel solenoid code and it turned out the wires had chaffed on the inside of the couragated loom.harness was replaced and wires were removed from loom on new harness, wrapped in anti friction tape and reinserted in loom before reinstalling.

  684. #684Pane2012-08-06 01:29

    G'day I've got a sk120 mark v super and it needs the ram seals done on the dipper arm, what's the easiest way to remove this ram? Also it's got a lot of slop in the hitch pins at the base of the dipper arms and the rubber rings are just float in fresh air, can I get some shims or something to fix this up? Cheers

  685. #685ben46a2012-08-06 14:18

    Curl the stick all the way under, set down, then lift up on boom to get the strain off the pins. Pull the pin at top of dipper arm, retract cylinder and tie the eye back to the barrel to keep it from sliding out when hosses are undone. Let pressure off hydraulic tank, remove and cap lines, sling cylinder and remove upper pin.

  686. #686sulli20092012-08-07 10:01

    I need some help with a SK200LC-3 stepping motor problems. the machine shows a 1 check on the screen, but it has been showing that for a while. the machine was running then just died thought it may have blown a fuse after checking them it cranked back up, ran for about 10 min did it again. it has constantly got worse until the stepping motor won't do anything. i changed the stepping motor out thinking it may be bad, put the new motor on and it worked one time. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

  687. #687equipmenttech2012-08-07 22:43

    dipper cylinder repair I reseal lots of excavator cylinders in the field, I have a portable cylinder bench that I load in my truck, so I only remove the barrel if it is damaged 99 percent of the time I leave the barrel on the machine, set the bucket flat, take pressure off rod end pin & remove pin, clean the cylinder, loosen the hydraulic cap on tank, remove rod end hose or line & the cylinder head, put a large drain pan below the cylinder & strap on the rod to support the rod, I use the crane on my truck but can use a skidsteer or etc, put a block of wood between the barrel & stck to hold the cylinder out so the rod, does not contact the bucket linkage, start the machine & very slowly feather the rod out, be ready to stop & shut off imediatly, duct tape a garbage bag over the open cylinder to keep clean, keep the rod & piston protected, I think you will want to take to shop for them to remove the piston & head to replace the seals, inspect the barrel, if light scratches, it can be honed just wash very good with soap before assembly until all contamination is removed check with white towel with oil film to be sure it is clean, the line at the rear of the cylinder will need to be loosened to push the rod back in, lube components with clean oil, finish install, this process means not having to deal with the weight of the entire cylinder & only 1 pin needs to be removed. your damaged pin seal area you may want to find someone wth a portable line bore machine, they can weld up & machine back to original on site, they may want it in a building to keep wind away while welding

  688. #688Pane2012-08-08 04:26

    G'day Thanks for the replies fellas. I've got the local hydraulic specialist lined up to do the job on the rams so it's just a matter of getting them out, hopefully it won't be too hard. As for the hitch pins, would new pins cure any of the problem or would all parts involved be worn? Cheers

  689. #689grandkobelco2012-08-09 06:08

    I have a feeling you are going to need a new cpu. But before you replace it you must check all the 24V inputs and grounds. you also must check the wireing to the steping motor and the motor itself with a ohm meter. Do not use a test light for any of this. The second dealership is correct by saying you adjust rpm settings by a series of button pushes.

  690. #690grandkobelco2012-08-09 06:18

    Did the dash work corectly before the 1 check showed up? You need a functioning dash to do a "A" adjustment. If that 1 check is still there after the new steping motor was instaled you still got problems. Could be C1, C2, or the dash itself. I recomend a local dealer for testing, this can be tricky.

  691. #691channing762012-08-09 14:10

    I have a sk25sr and i have poor power to everything the two speed selonoid and lock sel dont work can they be bypassed will either of those cause the problems im having no power to dig or push only has power with boom up when i do two functions either arm out and boom up then the boom will raise iv checked all the lines to see if they are in the right spot. thank you channing

  692. #692sulli20092012-08-09 14:21

    when i got the machine the fuse was out of the dash but during the winter i cleaned the inside up and put a fuse in there and the screen has been saying one check for a while. What would be the best way to start troubleshooting farther other than going to the dealer?

  693. #693equipmenttech2012-08-09 20:44

    thanks for the info. I read my post & noticed I did not say that this problem started after the machine had not been used for weeks & that the battery cables were very corroded, so I suspect it had low voltage I did not check voltage until after replacing cables, 27V off & 29V running, we do not have manuals or schematics to make the checks are the connections marked as to grd. & power & etc. or is there reference material on line or will we need to purchase, the motor goes toward full with the key on & will drop to idle if motor is unplugged, does not contact the governor stops either way, can something still be wrong with the motor or is it more of a control issue or wiring? Is H-2 a pressure sensor?

  694. #694tylermckee2012-08-10 00:24

    Can anyone tell me what kind of flow the aux circuit on a sk115srdz will put out? I know the total of both pumps, but want to know what it will put to the aux with the valve set to "breaker"

  695. #695Van Koop2012-08-11 17:18

    I had the same thing .erratic movement of the stepper moter and woudnt shut off. Turned out to be c-1 controller driver chip. Found a new computer from Australia dealer for $1300. Put it in and did a adjustment worked great ever since. I replaced the stepper motor first and figured out that didn't help.

  696. #696FiftyCal2012-08-13 20:26

    SK45 hydraulic problem Hi Mr. Kobelco I have a SK45 SR-2 ser# PJ02-00481 The problem is the boom settles rather quickly like from full height to the ground in under 2 mins. This obviously gets worse as the machine gets hotter. I know everyone wants to blame the boom cylinder but it has no external leaks and I have run the cylinder to the ends and removed the hyd. hose from the opposite end I was putting pressure to to see how much fluid was leaking inside the cylinder and it was minimal. I have tried to get some good pressure tests but due to the odd fittings Kobelco uses I am having a hard time setting up the test ports. I also tried switching the load check poppet with another valve bank with no difference at all. I am thinking it has to be the lock mechanism in the boom control valve bank. Please let me know if that sounds like a good route to go? Or if theres a way to test it? Thank you a lot for opening your knowledge to us Fifty Cal

  697. #697FiftyCal2012-08-13 20:42

    Sorry didnt read the entire thread anyone else have any ideas??

  698. #698kp1002012-08-14 10:20

    Update on wrench service screen. After having very little hair left in my head discovered that by pushing on the circuit board in the display that the display lights would work. Just had to apply the right pressure to the board and the screen would work. Found a used board and installed. Has been working right ever since. Hopefully that was the issue. Good luck Van Koop and thanks to Mr. Kobelco for trying to help.

  699. #699shinigamix2x2012-08-17 10:01

    SK210LC Mark 8 (S/N:YQ09) Cab Assembly, complete with the engine/pump controller, operator controls with pilot assembly, electrical harness, glass windows etc... would anyone know where i can get a used one to purchase, or perhaps brand new as well... Thank you for your time.

  700. #70012Andrew342012-08-17 22:08

    Hi Guys, Not sure if I'm doing this right, I'm new ;-) I'm in Queensland Australia and I've purchased a used SK70SR and I'm wanted to buy a service manual (full workshop manual) and parts manual but I'm not sure of the exact one to cover my machine. Some are listed as SK70SR-1E, what does the -1E mean? The machine details are as follows; Kobelco SK70SR (as far as I can tell) Serial # YT03-05936 Supposed to have been an Australian sold machine (not grey import) Year model 2004 Any help appreciated Guys. Regards Andrew

  701. #70112Andrew342012-08-18 04:37

    Hi Guys, It has the offset boom opotion as well, might make a difference? Any help appreciated Guys. Regards Andrew

  702. #702Bauskac2012-08-21 00:55

    Hi this is Chuck from Kalama, WA. I have been having the same issues with my sk60. My display started showing the wrench, I could remove the 5amp controller fuse, re-install and it would work fine until it shut the key off. Now that trick no longer works. I...like you have spent lots of hours inspecting harnesses and plugs, grounds etc... I sent the contoller to a couple of electronic shops and was told by each that it was a faulty "e-prom chip" which is Kobelco proprietary. I finally purchased a new controller...same issue! I have also changed my key switch. Any updates on yours?

  703. #703grandkobelco2012-08-23 06:04

    The wrench symbal on the dash is always bad news for the owner of a older kobelco machine. Before you start changing componets make sure that you have the corect 24v inputs and grounds on both the c1 controller and c2 controller. The c2 controller is the one that controls the cluster gage. You can gently remove the cover and look inside for water damadge or burned circut boards. You can do the same to the dash. There is no good way to test the componets themselvs.

  704. #704Bauskac2012-08-23 09:45

    Kobelco SK60 ~ Wrench on display Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the circuit boards in both the c-2 controller and the dash display, I don't see anything there that looks faulty. I was suprised that when I plugged in the new controller I bought, I had the same wrench on the display. Since my service manual indicates that when the wrench symbol is displayed, it means the c-2 controller is not functioning properly....what are the chances that the new controller that I purchased is defective too? If I brought the controller into my Kobelco dealership, maybe they can plug it into a machine that is known to funtion to see if my controller works on theirs? Do you know how many different machines that same controller fits? Thanks. Chuck

  705. #705grandkobelco2012-08-23 19:58

    If your dealer is realy nice and has a comparable machine they can do this, I have done this for testing. It's not often but the wrench sign can mean a bad dash. Have you checked 24v and ground at the c-2 Also check continiuty between gage and c-2.

  706. #706largede2012-08-24 01:29

    I've just purchased a 1997 Kobelco SK020 with just under 4000 hours on it. It was only ever used to dig graves. Rubber tracks 18 months old, all hydrolics gone though and rebuilt six months ago, all PM done and documented, doesn't leave a spot on the deck underneath. It's a great running machine. My question is, does anyone know anything about it? I haven't been able to find any documentation on the web, not even what it's rated for. There isn't anything on the machine itself in English. Any information on it would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

  707. #707Alabama2012-08-24 13:41

    Mr.Kobelco, I have a Kobelco Sticker # 13832 Model # SK25sr-2 S / N PVO9-22655 It's got a Yanmar model - 3TNE74-ENYBB I would love to have a repair Manuel for it but my question for now, there is an adjustment device of some sort under a small cover plate about half way Down the right side ( sitting on the machine ). Is this some sort of flow control or something else? One more, is there a way to adjust the hyd. Pressure to the track drive motors. The right track seems to have less power than the left. Thank you for your help.

  708. #708Bauskac2012-08-26 00:31

    Update. I was checking out my wiring a yesterday, and noticed the "clock/buzzer cancel" switch was very hard to operate. I looked at my wiring diagram and saw that that switch is an input to the C-2 controller. I tried unplugging it but it did not help. I left the switch unplugged so I could take it to my dealer to get a new one in a few days. I ran my machine most of the day today,and lo and behold, the C-2 started working!! Not sure if having that switch unplugged is related or not, but after seeing the check wrench display for a coulpe of years it is pretty weird, but it is working now. Maybe tommorrow I will plug the switch back in and see what happens. One other thing, I had more than average time idiling today. What is your take on that?

  709. #709grandkobelco2012-08-26 14:06

    Bauskac When you say c-2 is working do you mean the dash? Just to be clear they are two diffrent componets. But I'm glad it's working. I would not reinstall the switch but would buy a new one. This a importent switch in the kobelco world by supplying intermitent ground signals to the c-1 and c-2 controllers. I have not personaly seen it cause the wrench symbal but why not?

  710. #710nighttower2012-08-26 14:08

    hello fellow kobelco owners! sk50ur ser # yj-00846 (mini hoe) yes... i am aware its a grey market machine (and am SICK of hearing the term) i have simple questions that seem basic but due to the fact that i am a first time hoe owner (very mechanicaly inclined but trying to be sure to cover the basics of my excavator) i have questions and sadly NO ONE will help me or even talk to me because its "GREY MARKET"..... well guess what... its a kobelco... its put together like every other peice of heavy equipment... so what... it uses metric and bsp instead of sae... thats ok... if runs the same, works the same, and uses the same fluids.... but i digress a few questions i have are what weight of hydraulic oil do mini hoes use? (46, 68 not sure) what do most people use in cycloidal final drives? (recomends 80/90 but have other people had better success with lighter or heavier oil?) do little yanmars run the same sae 15/40 diesel oil as EVERY other diesel? can you over grease the slew bearing and crap the seals out??? and how much is enough/too much track tension for rubber tracks??? called two dealers... one said 2 INCHES .... the other said 3.5 to 4 INCHES (YES im SURE he said INCHES) is that right??? can someone PLEASE help me!?

  711. #711Pane2012-08-30 08:27

    G'day After having to remove one of my tracks last week due to a stripped output shaft on the drive motor I've discovered that the nose roller is very wobbly. I assume it's got some sort of bearing arrangement in a carrier that's worn out but couldn't get a clear look at what goes on inside there. I see there is a big spring and piston that the grease pushes out to tension the tracks but how is the roller removed to repair what's worn? Also how often should the oil be changed in the final drives? Machine is a sk120 mark 5 super. Cheers

  712. #712Van Koop2012-09-08 00:17

    I have had the dreaded wrench symbol for a couple of years now. It would be fine if I ran it everyday, but if it sat for a few days I would turn the key on and get the wrench. Have changed c-2,c1 ignighton switch , new battery's. Had good trouble shooting mechanics look at it. All the voltages and grounds were good. Was talking to a fellow from Oregon who had alot of time around kobelcos and he gave me a few things to check. He said they had one mark 3 machine that would eat c-1 computers and it would act erratic in the hydralics. Long story short they finnally had to fly in a factory engineer from kobelco and it worked fine and they couldn't get it to act up. One day he was running it and it started acting up again (got real fast and smoked and then real slow and jerky)he started touching the fuses. He would push on the fuses and it would run normal. So I started my machine and had check wrench as usual, turned it off pushed with the palm of my hand on the fuses turn the key presto. Everything seams to be working perfectly ever since. I think these fuse blocks have caused alot of grief in an otherwise great machine. I was pulling my hair out cursing this kobelco. I hope this tip saves someone else alot of fraustration and expense.

  713. #713Van Koop2012-09-08 00:20

    Ps I have an extra c-2 controller if you need one. Also a c-1

  714. #714kp1002012-09-08 07:44

    Glad to hear you finally found your problem. Mine has been perfect ever since we changed the circuit board in the main screen. Too bad they couldn't keep all these fixes on file to share with customers when these electronic gremlins show up. Kevin

  715. #715drsparke2012-09-11 18:13

    sk135srlc-1e arm cylinder moves freely SK135SRLC-1E S/N - YH03-02692 When I first start the machine, stretch the arm out to full reach (cylinder fully retracted) and take my hands off the controls, the arm swings quickly back towards the machine (freely, not under hydraulic power). It swings back and forth past vertical until it has lost all its momentum and stays in the vertical position. After the machine has warmed up, the arm still swings back freely but at a MUCH slower speed. I've already had the cylinder repacked/resealed (thought it may have been bypassing internally and it was leaking slightly out of the rod wiper seal so needed repacking anyways). This did not resolve my issue of the arm moving back freely. The machine has a "control pattern quick-change valve" for CAT & Deere controls, the issue remains regardless of the control pattern. Looking through the parts diagrams it looks almost like there are three spool valves associated with the arm cylinder. I'm stuck as to where I should look next for the cause of my issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

  716. #716grandkobelco2012-09-13 06:01

    Follow the hyd lines from the arm cyl to the hyd controll valve, where the hyd lines thread into the valve, on top and on bottom of the main controll valve there are port relief valves that can be switched for test purpases. Unthread them and switch them and see if the arm still drifts down.

  717. #717grandkobelco2012-09-14 05:46

    OOPS! I just read my post, lower boom to the ground before removing the valves.

  718. #718crane_guy442012-09-14 18:25

    Does anybody troubleshoot a stepping motor problem with a 10000 kobelco crane?

  719. #719Digger332012-09-16 18:39

    HI Itlewade17 - I ahve not been able to find a service manual for my SK030-2 - would you be able to send me a copy - happy to pay - Just have not been able to find one

  720. #720tomfromhull2012-09-20 06:27

    Looking to sell a bucket piston off of a sk400

  721. #721Lucas vda2012-09-24 09:59

    Hello mr Kobelco, I have a Kobelco SK045, and i'm looking voor a user's manual. Any idea where i can find it? Thanks.

  722. #722Ziperhead2012-09-26 23:47

    Hi there just signed up today! Looks like a great forum! Just purchased a 1983 907d lc Sn.yg-oo774. It seams that I am having the same issues with the solinoids . It starts and runs great along as the controls are in nutral. As soon as you move any of the controls any amount other than full it wants to stall it out. Full it will work. The safety leaver on the left control doesn't seam to be working either , at first that's what I thought it was. Untill I opened the pump compartment and saw that all the wires off all three solinoids are broken. 2of them rite in the solinoid. Soes this sound like the root of my problem to you? I ordered a new bank of solinoids , only found 1available and ordered it from hong kong and now it's lost in space! Any help with new or used parts for these would be very appreciated . Also what do the three functions do and can I make it work with just one solinoid? Thanks in advance

  723. #723thebaz2012-09-27 00:25

    Hi Ziperhead, I am no expert on this and hopefully there should be some expert advice coming from other members, but in the mean time I will try and help. The solenoids on the pump usually are to do with the ECU and how it controls pump output and load according to engine speed, throttle position and mode setting. The solenoids being faulty would cause the problem you are mentioning with stalling out unless you use full lever. One thing to try while you are waiting for replacement solenoids is try by passing the ecu and there should be a switch somewhere to turn it on and off. When in the off position, the pumps should run as if in standard mode without ecu assistance, so give that a try and see if it will run without stalling. I would still replace all the solenoids regardless if they are disconnected so the machine is up to spec. The 907D should be a pretty good machine when all is working correctly. Hope that helps.

  724. #724grandkobelco2012-09-27 06:04

    Hi zipper. The bad wires and soleniods are where your going to start. Can you tell what wires went to witch soliniod? Can the wire harness be repaird? Is there a soleniod on the pump assembly itself? This is a older machine and I don't know off the top of my head wich coil does what but the one on the pumps is the most important one. This is the one that the cpu uses to controll pump flows. If it is not working the switch that baz is talking about wont work, I will look to see if our shop has a elec sch for this machine.

  725. #725Ziperhead2012-09-27 10:36

    Thanks! I will try to find that switch.

  726. #726Ziperhead2012-09-27 10:39

    Thanks! There is no solinoid on the pump, but there is a 4th one that I think is for the safety lever?

  727. #727thebaz2012-09-27 11:37

    The safety lever should have a micro switch that disengages the levers from working when the safety lever is up.

  728. #728Ziperhead2012-09-28 00:01

    Yes it does, but I think the switch controllers this solinoid? Am I wrong?

  729. #729coldspider2012-09-28 03:35

    Hi Firstly thanks for offering your help it is just what I need. Have been looking for a older machine for a while just to do some work on my farm I have found this machine http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=518208988 Can you tell at all what model it is from looking at it? Or let me know where the model number is usually located. I am assuming from the description it potentially needs a new track motor but I need to know what model it is before I can get a price for a replacement. Thanks

  730. #730grandkobelco2012-09-28 06:12

    Did I read your first post wrong? If the eng stalls out when you use the hydralics the problem wont be the safety lever. When you say the safety lever doesn't seam to work what do you mean? If the hydralics work when the lever is up sombody has bypassed the switch or the soleniod.

  731. #731Rob20122012-09-30 21:24

    Just registered........ Looks like I landed in the right place. I recently purchased a Kobelco SK75UR serial YR-03575 with Isuzu engine: A-4JB1PYA-10 6100 hrs. Doesn't smoke, no visible blow by, Hydraulic lines look real nice, seems very tight for the hours. Plan on doing some projects on the property. Some of the wiring for heater/ AC and other, needs attention. The Nylon fan blade hub has cracks in it and i can imagine the damage to the radiator when it comes apart. Any English manuals would be extremely helpful. I do have a parts manual with some English. thanks,Rob

  732. #732The Old Wrench2012-10-02 10:55

    HI Mr. Kobelco, I seem to have hit a dead end I began to work on a Kobelco SK75UR s/n YR01050, complaint; is slow hydraulics and little power. I understand this is a gray market unit and I can not find any help, I do not have any books for the unit. So one has the wiring off the sensors for the stick and boom for the angle and offset functions and the switch behind the seat in the electrical box when moved from where its at then no hydraulics work and I found the warning horn / alarm is disconnected and it blows when reconnected. I do not know where to go to correct the electrical problem. I found the soleniod valve that the two position mode switch controls and connected a gauge to the out put side which goes to the main pump slave control and I had 700psi each time mode was shifted to one position then on pressure the other way. I noted that when raising the boom or just moving the stick in or out that changing the mode switch nothing changed such as moved faster or slower. I drilled and taped the two output fittings at the pump after removing the counterweight and connected gauges there. I could see no difference when moving a function and switching the mode switch. raising the boom only one out put had pressure, aprox. 1700psi, until boom got to the end of its stroke then the pressure began to build in both spiking to 2400psi but stalling the engine down to almost a stop. Looking for some direction to trouble shoot, are my problems both electrical and hydraulic? With no service info. this is a challenge. The Old Wrench

  733. #733Rob20122012-10-02 17:45

    Old Wrench, I just acquired a sk75ur and a jury rigged cable that I think has to do with throttle limit when left counsel is back, only about 70% throttle even though lever was at full in the cab. At the pump the lever was far from the stop block. Are you aware of the hydraulic control lines valve under floor below left counsel? I don't know if it controls pressure or control patterns or?? Rob

  734. #734The Old Wrench2012-10-03 07:47

    Thanks for answering, I have done some testing of the hydraulic system with out any manual to reinforce my results. I have found the line to control the pump shifting and the soleniod controled my the mode switch and the foward end of the display. I have taped into it and the signal pressure to the pump is 700psi and the mode switch does work but I get no change in hydraulic speed that is noticable and I was wondering it you noticed any change when you pushed the mode button back and forth while moving the boom up or stick in or out? I understand about the throttle cable. The Old Wrench PS I have found that "Mr. Kobelco" a possiable resourse has resigned from this forum and has started a pay for help web site. Just for FYI

  735. #735Rob20122012-10-03 11:03

    Old Wrench, I am not sure what you refer to as mode button. What's the location? I do have a parts book that has hydraulic and electrical schematics and can photo and send some pages if it would be helpful.... no scanner. You do get good engine speed? Not a nest in the air intake piping? Rob

  736. #736Rob20122012-10-03 12:40

    old wrench, I pm my phone number.

  737. #737The Old Wrench2012-10-03 18:37

    HI Rob2012, just got in, The mode buttons are located on the right consol, I have not been back to work on this unit for several weeks, trying to find some information. If I remember they are two push buttons I belive just towards the forward edge of the covered panel and not marked in english. I belive they are the only buttons side by side. Engine air is clear I suspect the hydraulic pump is not shifting to lessen the load on the engine and reduce the speed of the cylinders moving and using less horse power.. Copies of any of those pages would be great and I suspect very helpfull.. I would not mind paying for the copies. Or if you could E-mail them. Or if ypu have a print shop handy maybe you could give me a cost to copy the whole manual. But I would be happy with anything cause I have nothing now. Thanks for answering!!! The Old Wrench

  738. #738Rob20122012-10-03 18:56

    Another shot at it ..... Under left console... under floor is the big lever to switch to different operator preference for control patterns. If the bolt with wings that holds the position in place has come out it could drift between positions and create hydraulic havoc. I'll get on the pages to send. Rob

  739. #739The Old Wrench2012-10-03 19:05

    I belive that lever changes the lever functions, like boom from the right control lever to the left and the stick from the left over to the right control?? THANK YOU, The Old Wrench

  740. #740Steamboat2012-10-04 07:46

    Hello I'm new here I hope I'm doing this right. I have a kobelco sk220 mark 4, serial #LLU2224. My question is that when i bring my stick in it will get almost all the way in and then go " limp " or hesitates for a second before coming all the way in. Is there anything that can be about this ?

  741. #741anilde20102012-10-29 23:31

    Has anyone installed a dozer blade on a SK135 SRLC - YH02? Is there a lot of additional parts required (is it costly), and where can i get these parts? Thanks.

  742. #742brianscathouse2012-10-30 22:33

    Kobelco 120 purchase? Looking at a Kobelco 120 excavator for my own land use and current owner knows very little about machine. Any things I should look for apart from usual wear and tear items. She believes it is a 1996 and it is setup for a log processor and has a dig bucket but no thumb. Comes with processor a Keto 150. Stick hydraulics are on bottom but look like they can be moved back to top for digging. Any input would be appreciated. Some mechanics in our area say stay away from Kobelco but I think lack of experience creates fear as there are not many of that brand around here.

  743. #743stock2012-10-31 04:45

    Brian both the dipper ram and the main lifting rams have been moved.this may affect the digging performance of the machine. New holland now provide parts back up for kobelcos here. There is no quick hitch either.

  744. #744tcvt2012-11-01 10:20

    Slew Sump Grease I'm posting here in case this thread is still being monitored for general Kobelco questions. I'm new to heavy equipment (and the forum) but know my way around gas powered cars. I recently got a gray market Kobelco (Mark V or Super model, I believe - can't find a Serial Number plate anywhere). I would like to find factory manuals in English or manuals for a close equivalent machine. I want to go through it and learn more about it before I just jump in and start using it. I started by draining the slew sump to get rid of any water before winter. I got a few drops of water and a sausage gravy consistency grease. I got about two quarts of it and there is more in there. I replaced the plate before it stopped draining. I'm assuming this should have a moly (paste grease), correct? I'm Looking for information on what to do about the sump, guessing that this should be drained out and regreased. I haven't found the top access plate to apply new grease. Grease type/brand recommendations would be helpful. More questions likely in the future. I have pictures, but do not have permissions for attachments. Thanks. Tom

  745. #745tcvt2012-11-01 10:35

    I just want to add that the color of the grease was also like sausage gravy - light tan. (I don't have permissions to edit my post, either). Thanks, again. Tom

  746. #746rfedistribution2012-11-01 11:08

    I think she looks pretty good. It's hard to know all the details just with those pics. If you need parts let me knowl

  747. #747stock2012-11-01 11:37

    Tom generate a few posts in some other threads as what you are experiencing are anti spam measures I believe. I'm looking forward to the pics . Jeazuz my 1901 post begining to feel like a right old fogie now..............

  748. #748rgarv2012-11-02 13:22

    SK120LC electrical Mr. Kobelco, I recently purchased a used 1994 Kobelco SK120LC(YP02028). Has a wrench picture on screen when powered up. Had some minor electrical issues that I have been handling. I have found what I believe to be a RPM sensor on the bell housing that is fried. I am in the process of getting this one replaced. I have noticed that the engine speed control does not work, nor does the temp gauge or fuel gauge(maybe). I wondered if you could help at all. Thanks!

  749. #749tcvt2012-11-02 22:46

    rgarv, The person who started this thread as Mr. Kobelco has resigned from this forum and started his own. There are other forum member, grandkobelco among them, who I have seen offering advice here. Tom

  750. #750grandkobelco2012-11-04 15:10

    I doubt the bad rpm sensor is the cause of the wrench on your screen, altho you do need a good sensor for the c1 controller to handle the engine and hyd pump output. It has been my expeirence the wrench meens bad c2 controller or bad dash. Both are expensive. The engine dose'nt rev up from the throttle controll? This is a function of the c1 controller and the stepping motor and "normaly" wouldn't put a wrench on the screen. It would say "CPU " or "STEP MOTOR FAIL". Is your serial# YPO or YPU?

  751. #751tcvt2012-11-04 17:02

    Here are pictures of the grease that came out of the slewing gear sump. Since I am new to hydraulics and tracked machines I'm looking all over for information on basic maintenance procedures like how to check hydraulic fluid (are there any conditions that have to be met when it is checked like should the attachment pistons be in any particular position when checking, what should the fluid temperature be, etc?), track maintenance, and any other right/wrong ways of doing things. I purchased repair and service manuals (SK60V) for the machine but they don't cover these basics. An operators manual for this machine or an equivalent machine would be great. I found this, but have doubts about the trustworthiness of the web site: http://www.epcatalogs.com/Kobelko-Hydraulic-Excavators-Repair.html Thanks. Tom

  752. #752vinod2012-11-05 20:26

    guys please help me a problem i have been dealing with it for 2 mponth my bucket pc 220-5 komatsu is slow..

  753. #753serviciogarcia2012-11-20 23:34

    kobelco model: SK200LC SERIAL:YQU4314 hi mr kobelco, I have an excavator kobelco, and is presenting a failure: slow up the two main lift cylinders. if you know how to fix this flaw, please let me know, thanks. serial number: YQU4314 model: SK200LC

  754. #754jgsailor2012-11-23 19:49

    Dont know exactly how this works , but i hope Mr. Kobleco will see this... using a 70 SR, dont ask me what year cause i dont have a clue, has a small izuzu diesel in it, a thumb, model # sk70sr-1e, serial#YTO4-08173... Anyway, oil level is fine, hydralic level is fine , antifreeze good, batteries seem fine, no loss of power in the lights so i would assume everthing is charging well, but while i use the machine the cpu light or alarm is periodically coming on...After about an hour and a half of good fast paced work, the engine starts to stumble and will stall... I let it sit for a bit and it will be ok for about five mins then start all over again...IF i leave it overnight, samething, about one and a half in and it starts to stumble and stall, i was thinking maybe try to bleed the lines when it starts to stumble, guess im just asking for a few ideas...Got any...would be greatly appreciated thanx...

  755. #755demolition man2012-11-24 16:34

    Hello mr. kobelco , I have a 1999 sk150 lc iv ser# ymu 2180 ,I am having problems with the throttle or possibly the cpu. the machine when first fired up will operat all of the functions properly. Meaning that the throttle dial ,auto accel,t four dig settings ect. After about 20 seconds the machine will go to a idle and none of the throttle functions will work as there supposed to. If i turn the key off one klick and then right back on they will all work again for the same amount of time. also the guage controller does not work none of the displayes work on it. do you have any idea where these can be repaired or replaced resonably. I have one on my 150 lc III as well that needs replaced, thanks

  756. #756grandkobelco2012-11-28 05:48

    jgsailor To be clear, I am not mrkobelco, go to post 671 on this thread and you can find information on how to contact him. This sounds like a fuel problem to me. Open up the panal behind the cab door, mounted under the air fillter there should be a water trap with a screen in it, check to see if this has a lot of crud in it. There is a o-ring between the plastic cup and the base make sure it is good and in place when you reinstall it.

  757. #757grandkobelco2012-11-28 06:03

    I work for a dealer and never had much luck with used ones or getting them repaired. You will need a multimeter to do electrical test on the stepping motor. How much play is in the output shaft? Also check the ball joints they should be freemoving, not worn out and not seized.

  758. #758dinkzy2012-12-02 00:50

    Hi Mr kobelco... i am thinking of buying a second hand kobelco 135sr excavator... is it a good machine? how is the electrical side of the machine? becaue i heard few people were complaning that there is the problem with the electrical side of the machine.. whats you openion of buying this machine? or this is mainly for breakering .. and the machine is 2007 manufactured and 6000 hours has completed

  759. #759MJOService2012-12-06 20:19

    hi mr kobelco i have a couple questions about a sk115srdz-ie 1 where is the hyd filter i have searched high and low and cant seem to find it this is the first kobelco ive worked on (not that popular in n jersey) 2 why is there no fuel filter pre water seperator (besides the little on behind nut) and is there a kit or inline filter i can install like the kubotas thanks in advance mjo

  760. #760tcvt2012-12-06 20:33

    If you think it might be helpful to you, there is a parts manual you can download from here: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/6480658-kobelco-sk115srdz-sk115-sr-dz-short-radius I downloaded a manual from there for my machine. It went well with no problems. Tom

  761. #761MJOService2012-12-06 20:40

    thanks ill check it out

  762. #762soybees2012-12-07 22:02

    2001 kobelco sk135srlc tracks to the left Kobelco sk135srlc serial number YH0100281. machine tracks to the left only in the high or rabbit speed. it is fine in slow speed but it seems like it lacks power will not do a pivot turn or 360 turn,when the machine is cold its not that bad,but as it warms up it gets worse,to a point where if it is in rabbit speed you will go slower then the slow speed or turtle speed and it will drag the engine down until you let off the steer levers and tracks to the left really bad. all the other functions work great, just the travel problem. dont know where to start any advice would be great. thanks,Josh

  763. #763grandkobelco2012-12-10 19:36

    soybees I think the first thing I would check is case drain. Follow the hyd hose frome the top of the swivel joint to the hyd tank. Disconect there and cap the fitting at the tank and run the hose into a 5 gal bucket. Raise the left track in the air and spin at high rpm for 1 min and measure how much oil is there. Then do the same with the right. The oil level sould be the same. Also inspect the oil in the bucket for brassy looking glitter, if you see some its bad news.

  764. #764grandkobelco2012-12-10 19:40

    The hyd fillter is in the hyd tank under the round cover, dump the pressure out of the tank before unbolting the cover.

  765. #765smartbase2012-12-13 06:09

    Hi, I´m having problem with my Kobelco SK210LC -6E. It just doesn´t wanna start. First I thought there might be problem with injection pump, but it was repaired 2 years ago, and injectors are good too. Pressure is ok! Only way i can get it work is useing an ether! It´s like wanna start, but then it poors down like there wouldn´t be any fuel and so on. Fuel is ok, fuel lines ok. Spring inside injection pump which hold fuel not passing down is ok. What else should i check?

  766. #766shinigamix2x2012-12-13 07:09

    Hey smartbase, when you say the fuel is ok, i beleive you cracked the injector lines while tumbling to check if fuel is spilling at the injectors!? Another thing would be to check the gauze filter at the primer pump. I've had this problem before with a 6d16-t engine on a SK330LC, i remembered checking the wiring to the glow system for pre-heating. This wasn't working for me and i also had to used ether. You can use a milti-tester to check the voltage at the glow relay for 24v when the ignition at the "heat" position. These were the few items i checked when my engine gave me some problems with starting. Mine was a combination of all this that prevented her from working normally. Best regards.

  767. #767wilkinson2502012-12-13 10:08

    Hello everyone, I am a young mechanic at 18yrs old with a major hydraulic issue on this kobelco sk120. The pilot pressure is correct and both of the pumps have the correct pressure. I have changed a few of the solenoids by the hydraulic tank and underneath the cab. and still no change. It acts like the pumps are pushing against each other when trying to operate the machine. so i disassembled the bypass valves and the independent control valve and one looks like the lower bypass spool has worn an excessive amount but the other spools seem like they havent moved at all. so i'm stumped with the issue and i have had it in the shop working on it at night after i get off of the construction job is done for the day. i have studied the diagrams and called a kobelco dealer and they hadn't heard of an issue like this. Any help will be great. thanks

  768. #768smartbase2012-12-13 11:29

    Hi. No i did not craked fuel lines. In fact problem was first appeared in late september, i was going to have a 1 hour lunch and when I came back it was hard to start it - it wanted to GO but it couldn´t ( like smeone had pulled stop knob at same time). Ever since i have used ether to start machine. Every filter, hose and so on are clean and correct. I´m thinking that maybe there is some sensor issues? It feels like when i´m starting the engine it wanna GO but then it just poors down like someone had pulled stop knob.

  769. #769tayeil2012-12-15 10:42

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, we have here a Kobelco sk 200.. yn10-39140 year 2006 , the problem with it is that one of the mechanics removed the wiring connections from the solenoid valves and we couldnt figure out how to put them back on the right place, so could anyone tell me about the wiring lay out or wiring diagram? they are 16 wires Thanks.

  770. #770tayeil2012-12-15 13:22

    Hello all, Could anybody help me with a Kobelco SK200 yn10-39140... we have removed the wires that goes into the Solenoids valves and got them all mixed..anyone with an idea or knows which is which please help Thank you

  771. #771smartbase2012-12-15 15:11

    Well on solenoid theres come only "+" and "-", it should be easy to connect them!

  772. #772smartbase2012-12-15 15:23

    Go to "http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx" and type in "SK200-6ES" choose "SK200-6ES DYNAMIC ACERA EXCAVATOR BTW YN10-38001 - YN10-41732" then with what U R looking for and U will realize where those wires will go. BTW with solenoid valves they are?

  773. #773tayeil2012-12-15 17:06

    Thanks smartbase for taking the time to help me .. as you suggested, i checked the link above and went to the solenoids but i couldnt get any details about their connection... and yes they come as positive and negative as u mentioned put the controls i guess are diffrent... what u think? these are the ones here: https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/modelsearch-nocopy.php

  774. #774grandkobelco2012-12-16 15:02

    Does the wireing harness still have the identifiers on the terminal ends? If they do A1 is the sol closest to the door, A8 is farthest in.

  775. #775parezoo2012-12-29 18:55

    Hello to all and happy new year, I am going to work on a Kobelco SK250LC mark VI serial LL08... any one can help me with a shop manual please? I can return the favor with anything else if i have it. Thanks

  776. #776KerrFab2012-12-29 20:35

    Mr. Kobelco Hello, I'm trying to help out a friend who is have a wiring issue on an ED180, S/N YLU-000076 the front blade wont operate, he believes its an electircal issue (wiring harness) and I looking for a good site for the wiring diagram, either free or purchase. I personally don't have any experience with the equipment and he doesn't have any computer skills, so hopefully between the two of us and your help we can get it running again. I have been to http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx , but I'm not sure what section to start looking, any help would be appreciate. (I have also posted this in the excavator section)

  777. #777riland2012-12-30 02:43

    I have this manual. Contact me if need

  778. #778riland2012-12-30 02:46

    I have shop manual for ED180. Contact me if need

  779. #779parezoo2012-12-30 14:35

    Yes i need this but i cannot access the PM or anything on this forum, can you pls contact me: parezoo at hotmail dot com

  780. #780Mattasher2012-12-30 18:00

    Mr kobelco, I have a 907 LC II. One tram peddle barely works but only when pressing the other peddle at the same time. Also, the stick only retracts and the swing only turns when lightly depressing the food tram peddle. I tested the pumps pressures and they have within spec pressure. Is this a relief valve problem? Thanks, Matt

  781. #781KerrFab2012-12-31 11:51

    Riland, That would be great, can you email me? Shayne at Kerrfab dot com. Not sure eactly what section I need

  782. #782riland2012-12-31 11:57

    to KerrFab Please check email

  783. #783DongP2013-01-01 01:47

    Hello Bert im just newly registered member, i bought a magnet kobelco acera 94-95 model w/ shinko brand magnet system. i change it w/ a bucket wole magnet including the generator control panel intact. if you are interested just let me know

  784. #784Notme53002013-01-05 23:01

    Kobelco Hey all. Been running scrap iron for over 45 years so I know I don't Know everything. I have a chance to pick up a kobelco 100 sr #YW1235. I know it's old but how old? Now for the problem the final drive is toast. The pump has 4 lines. What other info do I need to get for a replacement part?

  785. #785finaldrive2013-01-06 12:46

    No other info needed. We have stock here in SoCal. See below for link to contact us

  786. #786finaldrive2013-01-06 12:59

    Since you are in Oregon you could contact Feenaughty Machinery. They are the Kobelco dealer and they are a distributor of ours.

  787. #787finaldrive2013-01-06 13:08

    Since you are in Oregon you could contact Feenaughty Machinery. They are the Kobelco dealer and they are a distributor of ours.

  788. #788Vivian2013-01-07 22:39

    hi Mr. Kobelco, may i have why the cylinder rod break or bend? thanks....

  789. #789Excavate EI2013-01-08 13:26

    Hi everybody, I have a 2000 135 SR LC, started it up today and got "CPU" on the screen. No power to anything so stopped the engine with the emergency pull cable. Batteries are in good condition. What are the common reasons for this fault? What is the override procedure for this machine? Can I operate the throttle manually if I disconnect the throttle motor?

  790. #790grandkobelco2013-01-11 06:25

    Check your fuses first, there is no override procedure. Yes

  791. #791Excavate EI2013-01-11 15:47

    All fuses are good, anything else to check?

  792. #792whitemike2013-01-12 05:28

    Sir, I asked about a repair/shop manual a few days ago for a 02 sk160lc kobelco excavator, s# ymo2-uo469. A gentleman answered back he had one for a new holland 160. He said there the same machines and asked $100. for manual. I answered back but he hasnt replyed, in case he does not where is a good source for this and other manuals?

  793. #793biggerhammer2013-01-15 02:21

    Not sure if this has anything to do with what your experiencing. Anyway 1 time I was working on an ED180-4 and had similar problems. I found that the ground cluster in the battery box had broken off the frame due to stuff being stored on top of it. Same machine-another instance, the CPU fuse kept blowing. Took apart the CPU and found that one of the screws for a metal bracket holding some diodes or something had let go and shorted the CPU internally and you could see the burn marks. Repaired and reinstalled and luckily the thing ran with no problems.

  794. #794eamon2013-01-15 07:35

    Hi, Got a fiat kobelco e165, year 2004, does the starter motor have 10 or 11 teeth??

  795. #795rgarv2013-01-18 17:52

    I actually believe that the throttle control is working now. I found a broken wire in the harness below the motor. I still do not have a temp or fuel reading present. If i pull one of the fuses out and reinstall it the gauges light up as i assume they are supposed to, and then go blank again and wrench comes back on in screen. I have now replaced the rpm sensor also.

  796. #796rgarv2013-01-18 17:54

    By the way, I believe my serial number is just YP 02028 (2028)

  797. #797sk1202013-01-25 16:56

    Hi CPU normally means your controller has failed. Flick KPSS switch beside controller which moves pumps into flow to allow machine to be moved out of the way.No permanent override.

  798. #798grandelektronic2013-03-10 18:36

    Hello, my company purchased the Fiat Kobelco excavator type 169 wt, indent. number: * ZEF169WTN3LBN00273, 112 KW of 2003. He had broken a turbo problem. We bought and installed a new turbo. Now I have a problem with gas. She is constantly at 1100 RPM. When you give a key contact stepper motor immediately assume the starting position, the display no errors. When I start the machine the engine is running at 1100 RPM and throttle does not respond either manually or auto. The display no faults. Step motor is tested on another excavator and ok. Smaller display on the electronics behind the seats when you first contact blink 1.2, then steadily E5. When starting the machine, in this display is the number 1. Everything else is working normally. Note: according to the statement from the previous owner excavator has not worked for two years without a battery is not used. Please any help because we do not have here Kobelco service

  799. #79985b2man2013-04-02 23:33

    hi i just picked up a early 90s sk120, it has a weird hyd controll selector and i was told that they changed it to john deer controlls by swaping 4 hoses, i wanna swap it back to cat controlls and was woundering if anyone had anything that would show which hoses they are PS ITS NOT AS SIMPLE AS CHANGING THE SELECTORS POSITION CAUSE ITS SOME JAPANESE CONTROLLS

  800. #800excavator2013-04-02 23:55

    You say Japanese controls, swing is forward and backwards on the left hand control? I'll check tomorrow, I might have the diagram to do this.

  801. #801excavator2013-04-03 00:08

    I found the diagrams you need. If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will send them to you.

  802. #80285b2man2013-04-03 15:30

    email wont let me send.pm so email is [email protected]

  803. #803Rongiacobbe2013-04-05 21:33

    I am new to this forum, although huge fan for long time. I have see the excellent advice given and now am in need of a little myself. I have a SK210LC YQ08-U1650 and have a hydraulic problem. The machine is stuttering with upstroke of the boom/dipper. Also, sluggish turning and walking. The unit has approx 2500hrs bought new by us. This issued started after we removed a breaker that we demo. The breaker was a factory new endeco, and it was the first and only attachment we've had on the machine. I did a full hydro service new tutela oil and filters from dealer. Still acting up. Their also seems to be a delay of sorts when we release the service Saftey handle to operate, the hydro motor seems to keep running a bit? We kinda got screwed due to the fact that we don't have a dealer in CT. The nearest dealer is in NY. I would like to try to diagnose if I can, I read a thread similar to this that was a few years old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Ron

  804. #804whitemike2013-04-05 21:34

    Mr. Kobelco, i own an 02 sk160lc VI, s# ym02-u0469. I would like to find a used if possable shop/repair manual but new will do. Do you have any ideas? Also i would like to know the pressure settings on the main boom, jib boom, bucket cup , swing and track motor pressure if there are all differnt and adjustable. Machine has 5200 hours , very clean and tight but i would like to fine tune it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

  805. #80585b2man2013-04-07 19:16

    so had something happen yesterday with my sk120 i was running it when all of a sudden it lost throttle controll, it idle'd down and the key wouldnt turn it off. i think its the servo motor as the machine has been parked for about 3 years without much use? am i going in the right direction? is there a way to test the servo motor ? does anyone know the part number?

  806. #806finaldrive2013-04-08 19:50

    2406U197F4 is the throttle motor part # You should be able to search this thread and find the solution to testing it. It is a common questions. If you need a new motor, I have them on the shelf at half of dealer list price.

  807. #807grandkobelco2013-04-10 06:09

    You can test the stepping motor with a meter. on the 4 pin connector coming out of the motor you need to have 5.7 ohms between the brown and orange wires. The same between the red and yellow wires. The 3 pin connector is your limit switch. you only use the white and red wire. By turning the stepping motor shaft by hand it should spin fairly easy with no hard spots or catching in both directions it should feel smooth and have no play in the shaft. In your 3 pin connector you have a white wire and a red wire, this is your limit switch. By using your ohm pisition on your mulimeter you need full continuity at the end 10 degrees of rotation in both direction and open in the middle, It is common to have broken wires at the connections, check for this. also check your fuses. wes

  808. #80885b2man2013-04-23 17:11

    so I tested it and first to note the plugs were all melted so if someone has a part number for that it woukd be sweet, secondly the first ohm test I got 6.7 ohms and the 3 pin I had different color wires but no combo of them did I get font nuity, so im thinkin the motor is bad so its a 120 accra if anyone knows the part num for the plug

  809. #809lodgepole2013-04-29 23:59

    Kobelco sk70 excavator hyd. pump loading engine constantly Had a hyd. hose blow....fixed hose and hooked everything back up and filled with oil. Had to pull several hoses to find blown hose under hyd. tank. but all functions worked the right way.....just very slow except for swing that wouldn't swing at all. Symptoms worse now, seems pump is loading engine constantly. I have checked several valves on top of valve control to see if they were stuck and all seem ok. I am also getting a CPU warning in cab now. I am no hyd. expert but I feel I might have bad sensor on pump that wont let it de-stroke. Any help is much appreciated.

  810. #810racecoach2013-06-01 13:13

    Hello, Looking to find out how to disassemble the leaking elbow fitting on my SK60 swing engine There are two side by side elbows with lock nut and they are blocking each other in the process of unscrewing them from the top cover Need to replace or fix?? a (seal, o-ring or whatever is sealing the elbow joint)? Thank You Pat

  811. #811rockune2013-06-02 19:56

    Hey there Mr. Kobelco, 907 Very, very generous of you to assist us Kobelco-ites. I've just joined the group. I have a K-907c, machine s/n LN06376 and place it around mid-1980's. I've experienced grinding noise coming during the swing gear motion. It still turns but once you back off the handle, the grinding sound develops until it sounds just like metal-to-metal brakes. There is one point in the 360-degrees where it binds and cannot turn past that point so you have to turn in the opposite direction. Ideas? I bought it 6-years ago for 15,000 and only use it around the yard so any large expense is not in the cards. PS: I've recently purchased a drive cable and it cost me $550...its considered a rare find! Please advise...THX

  812. #812grandkobelco2013-06-03 20:54

    racecoach If you spin one of those 90 deg fittings in the exact right position the other one will spin out.

  813. #813grandkobelco2013-06-03 21:01

    rockune Have you checked the oil level in your swing trany? It may be to late. Sounds like you have a problem in there and/ or your slewing ring.

  814. #814rockune2013-06-03 21:23

    Is there a simple check to determine the required repairs? RBC Bearings C. suggests that there are three levels of bearing damage but I do not know what that means. http://www.rbcbearings.com/slewing-Ring/bearing-repair-whitepaper.html Yes, the oil has been leaking for a while and I've tried to keep filling it...SAE90 gear oil.

  815. #815monty 982472013-06-05 09:48

    Hello, I have a somewhat gray...SK 042, ser # YP 01115, I am looking for a manual for this machine, so I can access both the hydraulic diagram and the electrical schematic. The local dealer tells me he can get me one but advises that I may need to go to the back to get a small loan. My machine has about 42XX hrs on it and seems to start & run fine, it does however without notice go to a very slow idle, and will die if you make any moves. I have changed all of the fuel filters and this has no affect on the problem. It seems to be more affected if the machine does NOT warm up for at least 20 min. Any ideas? Thank You, Monty

  816. #816monty 982472013-06-12 15:06

    No Ideas? Ok

  817. #817tcvt2013-06-12 16:00

    Monty, I'm guessing you spoke to someone at Farmers Eqpmt in Lynden. They helped me get a manual. Are you sure about the model number? Is it a PY number? The SK042 seem to have PY numbers, not YP numbers as you stated. Here is a SK042 manual in Japanese (looks like a parts manual) on ebay. Item number 261153266947 http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBELCO-SK042-/261153266947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccdf29d03 You can check here, though I never bought from him. He's in the Ukraine http://sudoremont.com.ua/english/katalog/kobelco/kob-map.htm Try tradebit.com I bought a manual from this seller on ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/johntracy04/ The person who used to be active in this forum as Mr. Kobelco started a subscription access forum here: http://www.*******************/forum/forum.php Good luck. Tom

  818. #818tcvt2013-06-12 18:43

    That site for Mr. Kobelco's paid forum is hf-hydraulics

  819. #819SPMiller2013-06-17 15:39

    Hi I have a Mk3 Kobelco 200, It is showing a CPU controller code 17, what causes this and how do I go about fixing it?

  820. #820wellington532013-06-17 16:06

    Hello Mr Kobelco, Is there any adjustment to restrict the flow of oil in the down position for the main boom on a sk100 IV? drops too quick IMO. Thanks.

  821. #821Markus2013-06-19 13:43

    Hey Mr. Kobelco or anyone who can help, I got a SK260-9 Serial LL14U1834 that won't auto warm up according to the operator, the setting is turned on in the menu screen but it still won't work, is there a certain temperature that it won't come on at? or is there a certain setting that needs to be on?

  822. #82285b2man2013-06-23 18:52

    hey how do u test the main computer on a kobelco sk120 ? I had the throttle motor tested by the dealer and it tests out good, when I start the ex the throttle motor makes a buzzing noise and will move a hair, this all started when 1 day it blew the comp fuse cause the wires at the throttle motor melted togeather. now that its fixed I am trying to see weather its the comp or the wiring harness

  823. #82385b2man2013-06-25 22:45

    ok so opened up the computer and it looks like it burned up a couple resistors on the board ((

  824. #824Despete512013-06-27 17:48

    I have a Kobelco SK200LC Mark III, serial number YQU1534. A while back the engine died suddenly during operation. After a day or so it restarted and worked OK for a while. Then it went through a period where in would start but the throttle would not work untill the unit had warmed up for 5 or 10 minutes. Now the stepper motor will not respond to the throttle at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  825. #825sulli20092013-07-03 11:12

    I have a sk200lc Mark 3 the main CPU (under seat) has two diodes burnt up. Is there anyone in the US that can repair the CPU without the cost of a new one. looks like an easy fix if the schematics of the circuit board were available. Thanks

  826. #826oldequip2013-07-03 17:30

    Radio shack. Not the franchise stores. Pennies, and a 20watt soldering iron. Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

  827. #827sulli20092013-07-08 14:57
  828. #828oldequip2013-07-08 15:43

    Schematic should say. And the diode type should be stamped/printed somewhere on the old diode? That's how I'd approach the replacement. Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

  829. #829sulli20092013-07-08 16:25

    yeah thats my problem i don't have a schematic and i couldn't get anything off the old old ones (too burnt up). Thanks

  830. #830oldequip2013-07-08 16:34

    Start With something of same size/diameter. They're measured in watts. And they only let current go one direction. Just the matter of fatness to handle watts. Bigger is Ok. I'd be concerned why it smoked in the first place. Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

  831. #831sulli20092013-07-08 16:46

    thanks. Yeah i ripped a harness off the pump and it shorted out and it had too large of fuse in it.

  832. #832Rumpelstiltskin2013-07-12 21:11

    Does Kobelco manufacture most of their machines or are they relabeled like so many excavators? I am particularly interested in sk75sr and sk135. Thanks.

  833. #833stock2013-07-13 19:06

    http://www.constructionequipment.com/blog/kobelco-back-game KOBELCO BACK IN THE GAME “We’re getting the band back together,” says Kobelco's VP-sales and marketing, Ron Hargrave. April 22, 2013 Rod Sutton Rod Sutton is editorial director of Construction Equipment magazine. He is in charge of editorial strategy and writes a monthly column for the magazine, The Sutton Report. He has nearly 25 years in construction journalism, and has been with Construction Equipment since 2001. Kobelco Construction Machinery USA’s new VP of sales and marketing is no stranger to the brand. Ron Hargrave has about 30 years of experience with Kobelco, including the early years of its relationship with CNH. That, he says, is why he’s out of retirement to help bring Kobelco back to the North American market. “We’re getting the band back together,” he told me as he detailed the interest from “legacy” Kobelco dealers and listed some of the experienced Kobelco talent on board in addition to himself: Eric Hoffman, with more than 25 years with Kobelco parts; George Lumpkin, product development, with 30-35 years; and several field representatives with 10 to 15 years. RS: Kobelco was quiet under the CNH umbrella. How will that change? RH: Dramatically. We will be everything but quiet. We have an excellent product of excellent quality. It will be aggressively priced and aggressively marketed. During the time Kobelco was with CNH, the pricing got very, very expensive. So while it’s an excellent quality machine, we have to re-establish that brand. We will never sacrifice quality on the machine, but we will trim our margins. Our dealers that we’re recruiting are pleased with the pricing that we’re offering them and they will be able to aggressively attack the marketplace. We need to get back into the game and undo some of the things that had been done. I believe the market share for Kobelco when it came out of CNH was just over 2 percent, and it went in at 13 percent. We intend to get it over 10 percent in two to three years. RS: Who are your competitors today, and who will be your competitors? RH: You look at the marketplace and you see Cat, Komatsu and Deere, then there’s a group of others. That’s where we’re grouped right now, and we don’t intend to stay in the group of others. We go into dealerships where they have a competing brand and in that dealer, that particular brand is our target. Overall, we want to get market share where we’re pushing those top three. So in that other group, those are our main competitors where we’ll take market share. RS: What is the current state of your dealer efforts? RH: We’ve had applications from close to 70 dealers. The vast majority were legacy dealers that we’ve worked with for 20, 25 years, and that runs from coast to coast and throughout Canada. As far as signed contracts, within two weeks we should have close to 20 dealers on board. By the end of the year, we’ll be close to 55 to 60 dealers. We’ve received backorders from 10 machines from the small dealers to up to 100 from the larger ones. We received our first shipment of 53 machines just last week.

  834. #834rsaint2013-07-14 09:52

    Looking at buying a used 2006 KOBELCO ED150IE Blade Runner Hydraulic Excavator with around 14,000 hrs or a 2005 Kobelco SK 115SRDZ-1E with about same hrs are there any ongoing problems with either.

  835. #835bob4552013-10-02 21:01

    I having a hyd problem on a sk200-4. The engine dies down when digging? Tried adjusting pump flow still dies down ?

  836. #836The Old Wrench2013-10-03 07:14

    Morning, bob455. are you sure that the engine is getting a FULL supply of fuel? I often connect an electric inline fuel pump to be sure there is a positive input pressure after installing new fuel filters. Before doing to much I would also check manually that the fuel injection pump linkage is open as far as it can be with the positioner in high and the auto de-cell off. Does the engine make any type of smoke when dying? A failed or locked up turbo will cause you smoke and power loss also. This old Wrench

  837. #837rankothge2013-10-03 12:22

    hello Mr. kobelco how can re-install software sk120-5L

  838. #838bob4552013-10-03 20:01

    Ok thanks Old Wrench the engine is running fine turbo spulls up with some black smoke. RPM,s are at max .Hydraulic pump seems to pull the engine down to almost stull speed?

  839. #839The Old Wrench2013-10-04 07:38

    bob455 where to go next? Bob, other things that can cause the engine to pull down could be main operating pressure to high or more likely the main pump is not shifting to a lower output flow under an increasing load ( higher operating pressure). Question, do you see or feel a difference when shifting the dash mounted mode selector? That will de-stroke the pump for either a fine control or when heavy digging with speed is needed. If you can not feel any difference, could be a fuss / fuss panel or other electrical problem (broken wire to many things) at the pump, speed sensor on flywheel housing, CPU ???? I did not ask but did this problem start suddenly? You may want to contact AKA; Mr. Kobelco Adam Faichild refer to post # 11 he moved off of the site and has a pay per month ($30pm ) and may be able to give you better info from a dealers knowledge. Good Luck!! Adam is good! PS; I was wondering how you adjusted your pump flow, which is normally done on a test stand and can be sensitive to accomplish the balance of flow and pressure with engine speed??? the Old Wrench

  840. #840excavator.thuan2013-10-05 09:22

    hi!MR KOBELKO are you having service repair manual sk200-1,sk200-2,sk200-3 ? can you help me?

  841. #841bob4552013-10-05 19:33

    Thanks again Old Wrench! I have a set of HYD gauges. I was checking pressures and my pump control pressure is at 40 kg or 568 psi going into the regulator? At the KPSS I could get any pressure? The only thing the mode selector is doing is setting engine RPMs? I went into the service diagnostic check and all the status seem ok?

  842. #842jacko2013-10-07 20:26

    Boy am I ever glad I found you, we have 0 support for Kobelcos on Vancouver Island!!! Mitsi engines and Kawasaki pumps and a computer that no one can scan

  843. #843grandkobelco2013-10-09 06:13

    bab455 Have you checked your fuses? The one that seys solenoid/ controller powers the psv on the hyd pumps. It's either a one or a five amp. do not replace with a larger fuse. The psv is mounted on the bottom of the hyd pump, Follow the wire harness and check the conections for broken wires. Use a multiy meter to read oums across the pins at the conection, It should read 13.7 oums, +or-.7 oums. A bad rpm senser can also cause this engine problem. With the engine running, rock the buzzer stop button forword 5 times this should pull the rpm up on your dash screen. Unless it's to late do not attempt to adj the pump flows.

  844. #844bob4552013-10-09 20:39

    Thanks I found my problem! The swash plate on the rear pump is hanging up! The pump is a KAWASAKI TYPE: K3V. Im going to try to find rebuild parts! Any know a good supplier?

  845. #845digger_hunter2013-10-13 09:50

    Hope you are keeping well. Just wanted to find out from you if you ever came across a situation where the CPU on a Kobelco 210-6 displayed "A1 CPU ROM DATA FAILURE" after carrying out a Procedure A? We have a Kobelco SK210LC-6 (serial YQ07-U0351) which was more or less ok when we got it. The battery relay master switch was broken so we installed a new and cleaned up the wiring as per the wiring diagrams. Anyways, the issue was that when you started the machine it was idling very rough until you touched one of the levers and then it worked perfectly ok. The same occurred after turning off the engine and back on again. There were no fault codes and the diplaye showed "OK" and RPM's during rough idle showed around 350-400 which was too low. So we thought running procedure A might help! Bloody stupid thing to do in hindsight! It basically stopped after STEP 4 and since then flags the ROM data error. I think something stopped it running the procedure A but cant believe it messed up the CPU like that. So does this mean we've fried the CPU? Another thing is that the machine idles rough all the time now. And it wont auto accelerate despite touching any of the controls except arm in or travel forward/backward when touching any of the other functions the engine seems to get loaded up to the point it stalls. Its almost as if the CPU is not telling the engine to increase RPM despite the pump loading up responding to the pressure demand also the pump towards the outside of the machine (i.e. nearest the access panel) seems to be slightly loaded when all the levers are in neutral and the pressure hose to the control valve is stiff, so is this normal? This pump also warms up a bit while the pump nearest the engine remains cool at idle. also all hydraulics are very slow even at max rpm and the left track is faster than right all of a sudden! So much for running procedure A huh?

  846. #846grandkobelco2013-10-15 06:04

    I have a hunch your stepping motor is bad, how much play is in the shaft? Does it roll smoothly with no catches? Sometimes theres wear on the gears where they mesh at top rpm because this is where they always stop. If the controller "feels" this catch it will stop the procedure, same as if the gov arm touches the hi speed stop

  847. #847djambalawa2013-10-20 19:47

    Hi folks - I am after a line drawing of a Kobelco 912 excavator. I have searched far and wide on the www but I'm not having much luck. Just a scan from a manual or something would be great. I need it to be something like this - http://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/show/10145/kobelco_sk230sr_excavator/ Is anyone able to help? Regards Paul Thomsen Darwin Australia

  848. #848David.duke2013-10-21 09:56

    Mr. Kobelco I have a SK210LC and the throttle linkage between the stepper motor and the pump fell off a few months ago. One of my guys replaced the ball joints but last week the rod worked loose and came out of the joint. To get the machine going again he ran the rod up into the joint farther to get thread engagement. Problem is it was apparently bad out of adjustment and wouldn't idle correctly or rev correctly. A new operator came in to the picture taking a piece of wire and wiring the throttle in the wide open position. So my problem is now that I have removed the operators rigging. The stepper motor moves when you crank the machine and it slowly moves until it kills the machine. I can restart the machine and it throws a step motor current -ng but it will only idle. Is the machine in need of adjusting or is it something more serious? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  849. #849204saskman2013-10-21 21:11

    Just wondering if you have a manual for a sk35sr.2 for sale. Pm me please

  850. #850StumpyWally2013-10-26 08:09

    Service Manual for NH EH80 CS Does anyone have a service manual for a 2005 New Holland EH80 CS or the equivalent Kobelco 80 CS of the same year??

  851. #851rankothge2013-10-31 21:52

    kobelco yutani sk120 mark-3 hose change kobelco yutani sk120 mark-3 this machine change hose line after valve box repair. before i check this machine all lever functions change and no power.i fix main pilot line correctly but sub pilot line (such as swing brake,arm 2speed,pump regulator line )i think still change .now all lever functions work correctly.but swing movement vary vary slow and no power. arm in pressure 200bar with one pump,it power not enough.i have no any details on it.any help appreciate. thanks

  852. #852rscritch2013-11-01 21:34

    I just bought my first excavator and its a SK150lc Mark III serial number SM-00199 I am looking for manuals, front glass, and a list of the controls as some of them are worn off also the display appears to be dead how much are new displays.

  853. #853finaldrive2013-11-04 09:22

    http://partstore.cnhexcavators.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::home Find by model Type in Sk150 and hit enter

  854. #854Master172013-11-05 05:28

    I have a 1997 SK120lc. I forgot which Mark but can get it is needed. Most of the time the wrench shows up on monitor at start up and stays on. Can someone tell me what to check? Thanks

  855. #855yohe412013-11-05 20:53

    looking for a parts manual for a 2002 kobelco sk35-2sr with serial no. PX-10-08637

  856. #856finaldrive2013-11-06 12:46

    It's online http://partstore.cnhexcavators.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::home

  857. #857jds6868682013-11-11 16:30

    Hi folks, I am looking for any info on a sk100 I have just purchased (my first machine). Serial number is YW06541, engine number (Isuzu) is 225304. I am not sure what model it is. I am after operators/service manuals - I literally have no idea what maintenance must be done, or what the control panel does. One of the first issues I would like to sort out is weak right/forward track speed, well slow speed all around but the right/forward speed is very weak. Second, I think I also need to top up the hydraulic oil, so need to verify what grade to add - my local oil supply shop tells me there is a difference between mark 5 and mark 5 special (if I even have a mark 5). I live in a warm climate if that helps, Queensland, Australia. Thanks in advance for any assistance. cheers John

  858. #858rscritch2013-11-11 17:12

    I am still on the hunt for an operators manual dose any one have it? also my display shows a wrench on it how do I find out what is wrong and what needs to be fixed to get the display to show something other than a wrench?

  859. #859brianTN2013-11-15 13:42

    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Looking for a wiring diagram for a Kobelco SK200lc MarkIV, ser# YQU3490. Thanks for any help you can give.

  860. #860riland2013-11-16 04:14

    I have full service manual for this excavator and also wiring diagramm. Contact me if real need.

  861. #861dany19962013-11-20 23:18

    Hi Mr. Kobelco, i have a sk150lc mark IV 1999. I changed the kpss controller because I was not able to reprogram the stepping motor but even with new the kpss controller that does not function. what the full procedure for the A adjustement please? Excuse my english I speek french.

  862. #862rugalde_cr2013-12-11 23:35

    Hi, Mr. Kobelco, I need some help , three troubles on my SK300 1997 EXCAVATOR: 1- Both PUMP are 700 psi loaded at neutral in FC, S and H modes, but perfect at D mode. 2- ANY combined movements between BUCKET and BOOM can be performed. 3- RL TRAVEL is a little slow only in a single travel operation. In D mode, both pumps work fine, and in neutral is 0 PSI ** Questions: There is a relation between these troubles? There is a procedure to check and Adjust the pressures of the different relief valves at control valve . I have the shop manual, but all I can find is a table of the pressure of the different circuits to be adjusted at the regulator but not about relief pressures. Comments are welcome and very appreciate. Regards Tiko

  863. #863digger242j2013-12-12 01:16

    Back in post 671 of this thread, found on page 17, Mr. Kobelco announced his intention to no longer participate here on HEF. He hasn't visited here since 9/27/2012. While you're still free to post questions, and there may still be other members willing to offer assistance, please don't be disappointed in the forum if Mr. Kobelco doesn't reply.

  864. #864strangedays2013-12-13 06:40

    Hi there…..We've got a 2002 Kobelco SK480-6 serial no: YS060 0970 When the ignition is switched on all that appears on the display is CPU. If the ignition is turned the engine runs on minimum tick over & the engine is under load. CAny advice on where to go from here? Cheers

  865. #865shinigamix2x2014-02-16 19:22

    Having quite a few problems with a SK210 mark 8 tier III (YQ11), just looking for some suggestions. Installed new high pressure sensors, new Pump PSV solenoid valves. engine does not stall with any function over relief. Problems: 1. Right Side Travel slow to no response (P1 main pump pressure does not increase, stays around 600~650 psi wit full lever operation) 2. Bucket Dig/Dump Functions slow to no response, P2 main pump gauge pressure goes up to 7250 psi with bucket functions 3. Stick cylinder drifts from horizontal to vertical quite quickly, roughly around 10~13 secs 4. *P1 & P2 pressure reads normal when boom over relief and arm in/out over relief) 5. Pilot pump pressure low (400~600 psi); owner had pump serviced and is convinced the pump is good, but adjustments won't carry it higher than 600 psi. (while operating the pilot pressure increase to 800~900 psi ) 6. Sometimes the machine can't lift itself with boom down, sometimes it will, (When it won't, the P1 main pump pressure remains around 500~600 psi) 7. A adjustments calibrates without flaw, B gets "Error Pump" and if i skip to C Adjustment "Error Unload" System seemed to have been heavily contaminated, main pumps were taken down to be serviced and re-installed but didn't make any difference. No work were done to main control valve except servicing main relief. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

  866. #866digger_hunter2014-02-16 23:57

    Since your Pump pressure sensors are more or less ok, i would check the pump solenoids. Seems like they are not loading the pump for some reason, maybe they are not getting a signal or they may be busted. Worth a quick check for P1 and P1 pump solenoid resistance to make sure they re in spec and i am not sure but on the mark 6 models you could swap the harness from P1 solenoid to P2 to check if the problem carries over. Mr. Kobelco would be my best bet to sort this though!

  867. #867shinigamix2x2014-02-17 04:14

    thank you for the reply, you have a good point about swapping the harness, i did install new P1 and P2 PSV valves, even confirmed the secondary pilot pressure from these valves on the solenoid gauge port to upstroke and down-stroke the pump, think i'll review the manual again and make a check list of components to check/troubleshoot and service. If i succeed i'll post my findings here. I'll see if i can subscribe to Mr. Kobelco's forum once again.

  868. #868mohamed2014-04-11 03:13

    Kobelco SK210 (YQ08) Dynamic Acera machine show engine oil pressure low and engine stop, when it appear the cluster gauge was not off when i remove key. if i need to off display i will disconeect the battery, please give me some advice for this

  869. #869shinigamix2x2014-04-12 06:28

    If i was in your position i'll start by troubleshooting the key switch and battery relay and making sure it's working the way it's supposed to. Also for insurance, install an engine oil pressure gauge in place of the oil pressure switch above the oil filter just to verify the pressure (147 kPa at no load minimum speed, 294 kPa at no load maximum speed).

  870. #870randylil2014-04-18 17:29

    I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III model # LE16073. Looking for the rotary divider part # 24100R232F1 on the Uchida hydromatik pump (model #A10VD43SR1RS5-990-I). If I cannot find the rotary divider will consider buyinga used or rebuilt pump. You can reach me at 207-667-4714 or 207-266-2245. Thank you.

  871. #871riverrock2014-04-23 14:45

    I have a 1993 sk220 Mark III LC. The track speed and hydraulics are very slow, is there some way to bypass electronics to get the speed back

  872. #872Bak4man2014-05-01 14:07

    Hi can anyone help me with sk-200-8 geospec service manual / shop manual? Thx in advance

  873. #873dovavandeza2014-05-02 14:09

    good day Mr.kobelco....I have some problem with my sk200-8 geospec have an error code Z010 ...and today boom can't swing and move..what is troubleshooting for this case ? thanks

  874. #8741466IH2014-05-02 14:48

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  875. #875Machinetech2014-05-30 06:33

    Kobelco Saver 130UR manual Kobelco Saver 130UR operators manual Mr Kobelco or others that could answer on this subject. Do you have Access to English Language manuals for Japanese Kobelco Saver 130UR machines? Also I would be looking for manuals for the Kobelco 75UR I will obviously pay for these. Regards KF

  876. #876shinigamix2x2014-06-15 06:02

    Just thought i'd post this here for quick reference to parts numbers if anyone can't access CNH online parts catalog, i know i can't since my region is not supported and has no dealers. Also: Well this will apply to the SK210-6E Dynamic Acera (YQ08) Solenoid valve connectors (2-pin) : YT13E01083P1 High & Low Pressure sensor connectors (3-pin): YT13E01082P1 P1 & P2 Pump Solenoid Valve Part#: YN35V00041F1 Solenoid Part #: YB35V00005F1 covers the 4 valves listed below: P1 Bypass, P2 Bypass, Travel Straight and Arm Recirculation Solenoid Part#: YT35V00013F1 covers the 3 valves listed below: Safety Lever Lock, Heavy Lift and Travel Two-Speed Solenoid Part #: YB35V00006F1 used for Swing Parking Brake High Pressure Sensor: Pump P1 & P2: LC52S00012P1 Low Pressure Sensor (Pilot Circuit with arm, boom, swing,bucket & travel): YN52S00016P3 *Some part numbers may have been updated or changed, but it's still a godd place to start with to finding the right component.

  877. #877skydigital2014-06-17 04:09

    :scool

  878. #878joechong9992014-06-29 10:23

    Hi everyone, I got a problem here which I can't figure out how to fix about geetle 200SR. First of all, I'm from Hong Kong , my English is not very good, hope u guys can understand what am I talking about. Last week, the computer on the machine got some problem ( can't control the oil power volume, some times weak sometimes strong ), since this is quite urgent , I put a computer from other 200SR on the. original one 200SR. The oil power control power problem fixed. However, another problem exists. Every things move smooth , but when I turn it to the left, it move really slow( basically no power , I have to turn right really fast then turn back to left hand side so it have energy to turn left). Is it something problem about the installation of the computer? Or there is another problem ? Hope u guys can help, thanks Btw, there is no such forum in Hong Kong , that's so cool to discover this forum haha

  879. #879randylil2014-07-08 15:44

    HELP!!! Kobelco SK60 Mark III LE16073 I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III model #LE16073. I have recently overhauled the hydraulic pump, but I am having different issues now. When you go to swing its very slow and when you press one of the travel pedals it speeds up. Right hand travel doesn't work at all but when traveling straight it works. When you just use the right hand travel it boggs the engine right down but it doesn't work. The boom works fine, but when digging the arm has no power and boggs the engine down. I have checked the pressures and they are all right. The straight travel spool was sticking. Any ideas??

  880. #880digger_hunter2014-07-08 20:05

    Hey Randy Don't take my word on this but looks like your pumps not being told to angle correctly to give correct output. Did you change the pilot pump? That could be weak. I would check the two pilot lines going from the control valve to the pump regulators which basically adjusts the pump swash angle and controls the pressure output. So it looks like when you touch 2 levers or functions the swingers speeds up because the pump Angle changes enough. Looks like what's happening on your machine is that one pump is giving a lower output than the other or at least not being "told" by the pilot controls that a higher output is needed. Try and swap the pilot lines to regulators and see if the symptoms change to some other function. That would show if you are on the right track. Also check pilot pressure. I have no idea what pilot pressure should be but I think it ought to be around 500psi but that's a guesstimate. Also there's certain functions that are handles by each pump which would tell you straight away which pump is not performing but I can't remember how they ate split up. Might be worth checking with one of the seniors here. But try swapping the pilot lines to the regulators. That's the easiest check you can do right now. Maybe you have bad regulators or bad pilot pump I think.

  881. #881randylil2014-07-09 16:47

    Thanks for getting back to me. I have all ready tried all that and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

  882. #882grandkobelco2014-07-11 05:58

    First off, why were the pumps overhauled? How many hours one this machine? Swing is operated by pump 2 right hand travel is pump1. Pilot oil pressure is 670 to 750. How did you check your main relief valves and what were the pressures for each pump? Boom up against relief is 4270- 4340. Travel relief with tracks stalled is 4980-5060. If you turn the kpss knob to "D" mode will the right hand track work then? wes

  883. #883sotaorava2014-07-12 14:52

    Greetings from finland! I just bought kobelco sk042 model year early 90"s? when i drive it it shakes like hell and when lifted up and drive left mat keeps weird sound right is totally silent. any ideas where i should start lookin it has 5300 hours and engine runs ok and boom seems to work ok

  884. #884Alex852014-07-12 20:26

    I have a kobelco sk200 acera gray market machine and I am having problems with the control monitor. It seems like the buttons and everything work but the screen flashes and glitches and has a couple black spots in it so it's hard to read much of the screen. Would this be a problem with just the monitor or something else also? And if it is the screen where can I get one? Thanks for the help

  885. #885randylil2014-07-15 12:57

    The pilot pressure is squirting & coming out of the right hand travel cap. I removed the spool and checked the o-rings and everything was fine. I have checked the pilot pressures and they are all normal. The right hand travel stick is dead and than comes out of it after a few minutes but doesn't stay working. I am at a complete loss and need some help.

  886. #886timnral2014-07-21 06:55

    hi I started another thread and then I found this thread, I am hoping you can help me, I have a 1990 kobelco sk95ur serial YX-00116 the m/c appears to be in limp mode as in the engine wont rev above idle (everything still works) there is two toggle switches under the seat that I am wondering what they are for and I am also after a genuine manual for this m/c, everything is labelled but it is all in Japanese, any help would be appreciated

  887. #887The Nigerian2014-07-24 08:17

    about to buy New Holland E265c excavator what mechanical problems should I anticipate Hi, I inspected a used 2011 New holland E265c excavator yesterday and It looked real good, never using or known anyone who has had one I am a bit concerned as to what to expect when things start to go wrong especially in Rural Nigeria where manufacturers assistance is not always around the corner, also what is a fair price as the web does not offer too many of them for sale yet.Thanx in advance.

  888. #888hburtts2014-07-26 21:32

    Mr. Kobelco are you still here? Need some advise on sk120 bucket wont curl.

  889. #889Billybob2014-07-30 18:34

    2004 kobelco Sk70sr-1e yt03-06021 codes E03,E06,E10 can you tell me what these codes are thanks.

  890. #890StumpyWally2014-07-31 18:43

    I have a 2005 NH EH80 CS, which is purely a Kobelco SK80. Your SK70 should be identical except for the in-board boom mounting. I have a PDF service manual that I bought for a NH E80 (closest I could get from TradeBit). Attached is a listing of the error codes from that manual. Perhaps it will help you. View attachment NH E80 Error Codes.pdf

  891. #891Hydop2014-08-22 04:03

    Hi I'm trying to help a customer with a Sk 210lc (yq10) The problem has been investigated by several workshops but not resolved. The problem is that when you start the engine the powershift current stays at 150 mAmps. And the hydaulics is slow. The powershift current returns to 0 mAmps when you rev the enbgine and rpm goes back to idle when autoidle is engaged. ( sometimes this has to be done several times) and then everything is well, untill you stop the engine and start again the problem is back. The mechatrocontroller has been changed Software has been upgraded , downgraded and reinstalled. Currently using ver 05.00 The hydraulic pumps has been changed (incl propovalves and pressure sensors The stepping motor has been changed The engine rev sensor has been changed Signals in and out of mechatrocontroller has been messured ( everything seems normal) Service display has been compared to another sk210 yq10 and everything seems to be correct except the powershift current that should go from 150mAmps to 0 at engine startup. Please, help...

  892. #892grandkobelco2014-08-22 06:39

    Wow you got a tough one. Does this happen on both pumps or just P1? What is the comp mAmps and the meas mAmp when this happens? What about the psi reading at low idle lever lock up at first start up?

  893. #893shinigamix2x2014-08-23 06:43

    The manual doesn't really explain what the power-shift amperage is about, there are no error codes for it, there are no explanation on how to troubleshoot it, no component on the schematic it relates to. I do know it should read "0" with control lever neutral, engine speed low idle, high idle and also when you engage the hydraulics with tracks rotating off the ground, engine high idle. I would normally double-check the Comp. Values and the Meas. values of the Pump PSV valves, so that they are very close to each other, also the pump high pressure sensors as well. If the comp and meas. values differs a lot, troubleshoot by interchanging with another (one that's good) to see better results, if the values does not improve then check the harness. Check the harness connectors to the Pump PSV Valves, these are famous for poor connections (breakage, loose or slack terminals within the connector. When i'm satisfied with the pump psv's, connectors and high pressure sensors, i give another run of the A,B,C adjustment. Also make sure the A Adjustments are perfect. When i'm troubleshooting i connect a multimeter to measure the amperage of the P1 and P2 valves, connect a pressure gauge (1000 psi) to the secondary port of the P1 and P2 Valves on the pump to confirm they are working as they should, for reference when i'm reading 352mA the secondary pressure should be 0psi, as the amperage increase the PSI will increase proportionately. I've learned from Adam (Mr. Kobelco) that it's not always best to rely on the screen to troubleshoot, when in doubt use the gauges, tee into ports of suspect solenoid valves (Pump PSV's, the Unloading Valves etc.) to confirm the hydraulic pressures are what they should be when the solenoids are activated. It's the most i can contribute for now, to solve this i don't have a perfect plan but i just keep troubleshooting till everything is within specs. Hopefully someone else could share more light on this topic. All the best.

  894. #894Hydop2014-08-23 09:42

    Both pumps is showing the same values. I found out that when starting up again without letting the main relay turn off, the problem is not there. But if i let the main relay turn off the problem is back. The backup voltage is ok though. The comp / meas values on both pumps are 350 / 347 at startup when PS current is 150 When PSurrent is 0 the comp/ meas values are 417/415 , what sets the powershift value? Should be eng revs / p1&p2 pressure or am i wrong?

  895. #895Hydop2014-08-23 09:49

    The powershift function is a safety function to regulate pumpflow when the engine power is'nt sufficient, so the engine does'nt stop. This explenation was given to me by a tehcnician the other day.

  896. #896grandkobelco2014-08-25 09:37

    Power shift is a calculation by the controller that it had to destroke the hyd pumps "more than the norm" to save rpms. the controller doesn't like more than a 50 rpm drop from the input value it see's from the throttle control. During normal operation ps rarely leaves 0. I'm not sure what's going on with your machine or to tell you what to check because everything that can be changed has been changed. Comp is what the controller is sending out to the psv's. Meas is what it see's coming back, These #'s have to be very close together and it looks like yours are. Engine rpm doesn't have much to do with pressure, only flow. Since the pumps have been changed I'm going to assume the nobody's been manually trying to adjust the govenors. That can really screw up controllers. I'm not sure what you mean when you say main relay, because if that's shut off the engine's not going to run. It's on anytime the key is in the "on" or "Start" position. I wonder if before you got this machine somebody's got a wire harness hooked up to a wrong solenoid. I've seen it happen. I'll keep thinking! wes

  897. #897Hydop2014-08-25 12:58

    By main relay I mean the battery switch. On a machine I compared with the ps is set to 150mA when I shut down the engine, but as soon I start it again it drops to 0mA. Is there a reset signal or is it automatically set by rpm comp/meas as soon they are within range

  898. #898sotaorava2014-08-26 09:49

    Hi i have kobelco sk042 My track just jumped of tryied to find some kind of schematic how to put it back all help is appreciated !

  899. #899Hydop2014-09-08 16:05

    Is the alternator involved in setting rpm value for the mechtrocontroller? The reason i'm wondering is that when measuring the alternator signal on CN13/6 with ignition on I get a value of 2.7 volts and the charging problem is lit in the display. Is the charging problem supposed to show when engine is not running? The batteries are fresh and there is no problem starting the engine. I know its a long shot but could the alternator be involved in setting the powershift current? Cn13/6 shows 28volts with engine running.

  900. #900grandkobelco2014-09-11 06:34

    I've never known any kobelco to use alternator signals to monitor engine rpm or set psv current. I'm still thinking of your problem and talking to another kobelco mech and we're up against the wall. As I've said you've changed every part that's changeable.

  901. #9017379df2014-09-11 18:45

    Man I wish there was a Mr. Hitachi.... You Kobelco fellas are awesome. Im sure there are alot of guys that are greatful for the help you have given !! Keep up the good work !:notworthy

  902. #902jimf2014-09-28 17:52

    Kobelco swing /stick (arm) problem Kobelco SK 100 mark 4 ser. # YWU1110 My old girl has become mixed up. This condition has slowly become worse. When I try to swing left or right, stick starts to move in by itself. If I stop trying to swing, stick continues to come in for a few feet before it stops. If it try to do stick out it is a very violent short motion and then it stops. I have had experts telling me to check out various check valves and spools with no improvement. Any help finding root of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

  903. #903tgiesbrecht2014-09-30 19:55

    kobelco sk 295lc poor quality def displays in dash only after you re fill tank. it will derate you. if you turn key off then back on it will start and run as normal. until you refill the tank again.

  904. #904ctconstruction2014-10-06 11:50

    I had the same issue with our 2012 kobelco 210. The mechanic was out 2 times and could not find the problem. He replaced the inline filter and checked for cracks in the system. A week later he was at a training semi ar for kobelco and they told him to make sure when you fill the def fluid that the machine is shut off. Ill call him later to see if he changed anything else on our def system. As of now the problem seems to be fixed

  905. #905ctconstruction2014-10-06 12:21

    I just talked to the mechanic and he said that he changed the nok sensor at the end of the exhaust. Also he said that kobelco mentioned shutting off the machine prior to fill up. Apparently the computer may sense a rapid chamge in def and it can cause the alarms to go off . I hope this helps.

  906. #906jimf2014-10-06 14:10

    Thanks for trying guys but it seems you are thinking this is a modern machine. This machine is approximately 28 years old and therefore is strictly hydraulic, no electronics at all.

  907. #907tgiesbrecht2014-10-06 19:20

    poor quality DEF Tried that. We have replaced DCU, the pick up in the tank, all filters and the injector. Also replace both temp sensors and NOx sensor in the exhaust system. replaced all sealing orings. still have same problem. Even had both ECU and DCU reprogramed with latest software

  908. #908grandkobelco2014-10-07 19:41

    Our dealership has a fleet of 170-9 and 210-9 and I've seen these codes that don't have any logical explanation and wont go away no matter what you do. You need a new muffler. To my knowledge there is no way to clean it. We have replaced a few and have reminded the customer, DO NOT LET THIS ENGINE IDLE, IT NEED HIGH EXAUST TEMPS! wes

  909. #909grandkobelco2014-10-07 19:58

    The arm in pilot line and both swing pilot lines tee together at the swing break release valve mounted on the swing motor. There is a very small shuttle/check ball inside this tee. Is it possible this ball got lost during some past repair? Sounds to me like your swing pilot oil is backfeeding to your arm spool. wes

  910. #910jimf2014-10-09 14:39

    Thanks for the reply grandkobelco, of the 3 tees that are attached to the swing motor/swing control valve non have shuttle or ball check valves and there is no provision in them for any. This problem started showing up very slowly and got worse with time. No work was done on this machine just before this started happening.Your train of thought on this problem is much the same as what I have been thinking is happening to cause it but exactly how it is doing it is still a mystery.

  911. #911grandkobelco2014-10-12 17:05

    Well I double checked a hyd schematic and their sposed to be there. Have you caped off, diconected the pilot line between swing brake and arm spool to see if the prob goes away?

  912. #912masb2014-10-18 01:03

    Hello I have a malfunction Digger kobelco 200-8 track does not move left and also comes with a reference code f023 and w001 also will not slow rotation of the stomach and often, not what is going on and the reason for the malfunction Thanks

  913. #913shinigamix2x2014-10-18 06:07

    "F023 - Failure of output transistor ON and disconnection of swing parking SOL valve. " -> switch the swing parking brake solenoid valve with another solenoid to see if error cancels out, if not, you have to check the harness. I don't see any code for W001 though, i've looked through two mark 8 books for SK210 and SK200 and no luck. Best regards

  914. #914grandkobelco2014-10-19 15:20

    The swing brake release solenoid cannot be swaped with any other sol valves on this machine. W001 means somebody has moved the swing break manual release switch near the fuse panel. The swing break release sol valve has to be replaced. wes

  915. #915shinigamix2x2014-10-19 22:09

    everyday something new to learn, thank you for sharing grandkobelco... i do know that the swing brake valve can't interchange for use, but just to swap the connector for instance with the lever lock next to it will make the code disappear to confirm if it's the harness or valve at fault, just a key-switch on approach to troubleshoot on the monitor.

  916. #916jimf2014-10-24 12:15

    I disconnected and capped off the line that goes from one side of the bottom tee on the swing brake to the bottom of the arm spool. Then I tested the swing action...........it performs perfectly in both directions, movement can be made very gently or quickly and the brake functions properly when you stop swinging. I see now that the swing brake was not being released when I tried to swing and that hydraulic pressure was going to the bottom of the arm spool, so the swing motor had to overcome the swing brake in order to swing and that is why it was so jerky. Now we know this, what is to be done to correct this? By the way, the arm still moves very radically in both directions.

  917. #917paulapex2014-10-27 07:16

    I started a new thread, but this seems to be more appropriate place to ask. I am trying to install a pulverizer attachment on my kobelco sk235srlc. It does not have the aux circuit on it. I am trying to hook it up to the main control valve. Looks like machine has the extra valve on shown as option 1 valve. But the valve is being used for swing priority. Can I disconnect the swing priority and use this valve for aux? It seems that some models come without this feature.

  918. #918noah d2014-11-10 21:08

    i have a kobelco 200 mark 3 serial #yqu0408 and am wondering how many track pads there should be. i think it may have ben short tracked but not sure.

  919. #919shinigamix2x2014-11-11 05:37

    Should be 98 tracks for both left and right, 49 per side. part #: 2424N196D3

  920. #920noah d2014-11-11 21:09

    thanks thats what i thought but mine only has 48 per side

  921. #921robert gribble2014-11-19 11:41

    Original code displayed LOW E/G Oil Pressure. Wnet to low idle and shut down. Added 4 quarts of oil Code changed to E/G REV. SENSOR Now getting nothing when key is turned. Is there a reset to get going again. New Excavator owner

  922. #922Tracparts Ltd.2014-11-19 18:09

    Your machine definitely has 49 link chains. What most likely has happened is that someone took a link out to extend the life of the chains. Its very common And I run into it constantly. Just make a note for yourself that if your not replacing your pads when replacing your chains. You will need two pads as well.

  923. #923shinigamix2x2014-11-20 09:10

    Could you inform us what type, model or serial number of equipment this is? Best regards "Original code displayed LOW E/G Oil Pressure. Wnet to low idle and shut down. Added 4 quarts of oil Code changed to E/G REV. SENSOR Now getting nothing when key is turned. Is there a reset to get going again. New Excavator owner"

  924. #924ETMF 58 White2014-11-21 10:38

    Hydraulic thumb swap I have a 2006 SK210 LC, sn YQ08U28xx. It does not have aux hydraulics. I have a hydraulic thumb I bought at auction that I want to attach. A quarry not too far from here has identical machine, serial numbers very close. He has aux hydraulics not being used and he might sell me the aux hydraulics. It looks fairly simple to move the hyd lines over to my machine and hook them into the unused spool valve identical to his. But beyond that I'm not sure what else to take off his machine. My unused spool valve has caps in the small plugs at top and bottom, and his has small hydraulic lines that feed back to somewhere else in the machine. I'm assuming that they go to an electric solenoid but I haven't traced them out. So my question is this: how much trouble is it to hook up the entire control circuit? I think I will either need to trade his 3 button joystick for my single button joystick or buy a foot controller. How much trouble is it to swap joysticks? Will my machine have an unused wire to plug the extra buttons into? What other issues do I need to be prepared for? I'm attaching a photo of his aux hydraulic lines. Will these work to run my thumb?

  925. #925ETMF 58 White2014-11-21 10:51

    Here is another photo of his spool valve that attaches to the aux lines. Note the small hydraulic hose at the top. Same at bottom I think. Where do these go?

  926. #926yohe412014-12-06 16:20

    I have an 02 sk 35-2 recently installed rebuilt injection pump, but I believe my timing is a little off, it has a slight tick now, what and how is the best way to make sure I have the timing set properly, thanks

  927. #927Hardline2014-12-15 19:22

    Hello Mr Kobelco, Customer dropped off a Kobelco SK03 last week with a SN of LE05579. He wants a full service on it. I have looked around for a manual for it but coming up none. I know it a grey market machine. I have crossed all of the filters over except the big return screen in the top of the tank. Also need to know what the oil spec is. Like the hydraulic oil? Thanks in advanced. JJ

  928. #928noah d2014-12-19 23:19

    i have a kobelco mark 3 seriel#yqu0408 my symptoms are low power to the left track and the swing when i run the functions individually. but if im swinging it will be slow until i lightly press the track pedal then it will go fullspeed likewise when im tracking it will turn hard to the left unless i have slight pressure on the swing lever. when in the d mode all the functions work fine but it tracks very slow unless i use one of the other functions then the track speed picks up notably. also and maybe this has nothing to do with it but it seems to take a long time in the mornings till it will work smoothly (like an hr plus) by that i mean it will stall right out if u dont feather the levers. any help will be apreciated if more info is needed ill see what i can do

  929. #929papac572014-12-22 14:38

    I'm looking for a travel valve for an SK350LC-8, or the seal kit and boots to repair the one I have please let me know if you can help. Thank you in advance.

  930. #930Wannabeoperator2015-01-09 00:39

    Looking for the same manual. Have you had any luck sourcing one? Please let me know where to find it I would greatly appreciate it Thanks

  931. #931papac572015-01-09 09:46

    I haven't had any luck so far. Maybe between the both of us someone will cough one up.

  932. #932Wannabeoperator2015-01-11 10:29

    I am looking for the same manual. Have you been able to find one?

  933. #933shinigamix2x2015-01-12 12:49

    I've purchased these manuals from sudoremont.com.ua, the manual i bought included both sk75ur-3 and 130ur models, it was more a training manual than a service, shop manual. It also helps to get the parts book along with it. Otherwise, the SK70SR-1E is very similar to the SK75UR-3, only difference is the boom offset features, and the 4 extra solenoids for the Arm and Boom offset functions.

  934. #934ibrahim nattu2015-03-14 10:11

    can any one tell me pls whats the fuel consumption of a Kobelco SK210LC

  935. #935Ktoby2015-03-22 12:31

    Hi All, My SK200 Mark VI works fine for about half an hour and the engine starts stalling. I have replaced the fuel filters, air cleaner, cleaned out the inline fuel screen, the fuel lines but to no avail. Really ay my wits end and would appreciate any advise on this. My display says engine rev sensor.

  936. #936Phillo2015-03-26 15:59

    Hi, I have a Kobelco Super Version SK100 Acera, YW06730. I want to add a hydraulic compactor (TR14). I need to set up axillary hydraulic to the machine. What will i need, and how do i do it? This is my first ever machine and im new to hydraulics. Im also looking for the owners manual (operator manual). Thanks, Phillo

  937. #937Wannabeoperator2015-04-02 18:01

    130 UR series Kobelco Has anybody been able to find a CPU for the sk130ur Kobelco? If so where would I find one? If nothing else the .Hex file to load up would do. I am getting increasingly mad at the brick wall I seem to be running into when it comes to the "UR" series. Any advise would be appreciated

  938. #938Wannabeoperator2015-04-02 18:06

    Thanks for the help and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Are you able to purchase parts for the "UR" series from your dealer in your country? I am looking for the right CPU for a 130 but don't seem to be able to purchase one. Thanks

  939. #939ameersirri2015-04-12 13:46

    Mr. KOBELCO, I have SK480 DYNAMIC ACERA (Chassis No. ; LS 09-01502 ) Powered by Mitsubishi engine 6D 24 TLU2G ,the problem is engine speed dropps under load and shutdown if the operator not release the joy-stick. The orange diagnostic light stays on all the time. No faulty codes displayed, please let me know what could be the case for such a problem. Regards,

  940. #940blankey852015-04-13 21:00

    I'm having trouble diagnosing an issue with a 2004 Case CX-14. I'm not sure who is the actual manufacturer being as the service manual also applies to a Kobelco SK13SR. It has Kawasaki pilot valve body and a 3-cylinder Yanmar engine. I've posted looking for help with a hydraulic issue but haven't gotten any responses. So is this machine actually a Case or Kobelco?

  941. #941bigjimcor2015-04-24 06:16

    hello i have a jsw BH80E s/n s5 -1092 IM having problems with the main pump im not sure how to set it have been looking for a repair manual for the machine i recently had pump resealed everything looked fine but the popet settings im not sure how to set any books or info on it would be greatly appreciated. tks jim

  942. #942J Miller Excava2015-05-01 20:02

    Why does my sk170-8 lose power and speed when it runs for a few hours. I mean a drastic reduction

  943. #943heavyrig2015-05-04 12:12

    I have a MDI Yutani MD180 and am needing the part numbers for the hydraulic filters. There are two. One big one in the main tank and one in the return for the hydraulics.

  944. #944Fordson dexta2015-05-07 17:50

    Hi all. I have chance of buying this digger in the pictures, think it is a SK50-05736. But a bit vague at the moment. Not entirely sure on year of manufacture but I have the serial number so guess this can be worked out. It is fire damaged, engine wiring loom is burnt out, the engine will run and with a bit of messing around I am told the hydraulics will work, but obviously needs a fair bit of fixing. Is it worth a go, are they any good? No experience of Kobelco, have a Komatsu though. Are parts, possibly a loom easy to come by, is there anything I need to be weary of? It doesn’t look to bad, been parked up for at least two years, so a bit green, doesn’t look to burnt and charred. TIA.

  945. #945Fordson dexta2015-05-08 17:32
  946. #946mudober2015-05-09 20:20

    Sk150 Hello, I am looking at buying a 98 SK150 LC -4, for farm use. I believe it may need some new track chains. I am thinking they will cost around 3,000 for a pair. Am i about rite? Do you believe that this is a good series of machine. It will have a Cummings engine. Thanks for your insight. Mudober

  947. #947Colorado Digger2015-05-10 15:38

    Hello all, I bought a 06 sk350lc at auction and it had been running fine. We brought it up from DFW and it ran for the first month perfectly. Then the turbo went and we had it replaced. Now the machine is blowing a lot of smoke, like it is unburnt fuel and may be too rich. I have talked to Kobelco and they said they have seen the problem before. Last week the mechanics were at Hino school and will be back Monday. They are going to send someone up to update the computer. Anyone have experience in this? Thanks,CD

  948. #948Splash2015-05-13 20:05

    Hi Anyone know what the electrical switch in the toolbox of an SK100W is for? little push button switch mounted top right of the tool box.

  949. #949Oils0062015-05-13 23:14

    Does anyone have a sk035 coupe pdf?

  950. #950Oxbow2015-05-14 08:43

    CD, could it be that the turbo failure may have plugged the aftercooler? I don't know anything about your machine, but it seems plausible that if it did not smoke before and suddenly began after changing the turbo that there is an air restriction somewhere (assuming the correct replacement turbo was installed). If the old turbo scattered then you would have residual pieces in the charge air cooler, and if it lost seals it may be plugged with oil.

  951. #951Plebeian2015-05-16 18:17

    Kobelco SK135SR vs Kobelco SK135SR-LC, is the LC with the longer tracks likely to be a better machine for working on slopes or is the standard SR tracks with less weight and less track length to power likely to have better climbing ability?

  952. #952qball2015-05-16 20:29

    Just spent the day on an sk500. Phenomenal hoe, incredibly fast, smooth and powerful. Very impressed.

  953. #953digger_hunter2015-05-19 03:38

    Hi guys, Our Kobelco SK210-6 has developed a weird problem or we just didn't notice is before we bought it. Bascially when you move the arm in, towards halfway of the stroke when the arm is just outside of being vertical to the ground, the arm just falls about 6-10inches and bounces a bit and stope moving inwards. So its kinda like 10 inches before vertical its almost like the pressure on the return line drops or something and the arm just falls down and then the pressure seems to catch up after 2-3 seconds and it continues to move in. Pretty weird. Would be grateful if someone can point us in the right direction. Thanks

  954. #954samsonv82015-05-19 07:04

    sk75ur hi first time on here, have a sk75ur,yr 03815.very low on power, poor at climbing and digging, engine ok ,all filters changed .noticed some times the blade will not power down ,any ideas .thank you

  955. #955samsonv82015-05-27 01:54

    also need door and screen

  956. #956Pagey2015-06-07 20:05

    Hi, First time on the forum. I have a Kobelco SKO45 just using it on the farm, digging trenches, removing stumps, moving dirt and general lifting. Can someone tell me the capacity of the hydraulic system? I have a light on the control panel that I think is "low oil", I have topped up with 15L but still on? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

  957. #957racecoach2015-07-06 14:03

    I am looking at how to take off the drive engine cap to fix a seal. The drive engine is loosing it's oil on both side. Can anyone help me with this? Model Kobelco SK-60 Acera Thanks Patrik

  958. #958racecoach2015-07-06 14:26

    Cap removal on drive engine SK-60 Acera Hello I'm looking at how to remove the cap from my drive engine on my SK-60 Anyone has the know how? Thank's Patrik

  959. #959racecoach2015-07-06 14:37

    I meant final drive engine...

  960. #960daplatten2015-07-18 10:20

    I have a Kobelco SR 60/70 Ser# YT03-05617 in need of the following parts. Door - Part # YT51CO1OO1P1 Glass - Part # YT02C01073P1 Right Side Panel - Part # YT21C01199F1 Lower Right Side Panel - Part # YT21C01147F1 I also have a Kobelco SK290 Ser# LB03-U0289 in need of the right rear door & the exterior strip panel that goes below that door. The door is Part # LB21C01008F1 I'm not sure on the part number for the panel below the door. Sorry no pictures of the 290 on my home computer. I can get them from the local dealer, but would prefer used. Will paint & replace stickers if needed.

  961. #961Slandry7862015-07-22 10:25

    im hunting a service manual for a sk250 LL08-UO166 or at least the wire schematic for the ac it hot in south Texas right now thanks

  962. #962linemann.l254kp2015-08-01 09:19

    Hi there Mr. Kobelco, I have a SK035 mini excavator wich is giving me problems, No right controls at all (Boom, Bucket & right travel) only left side works, I check pilot pressure (500psi), P1 nada, P2 & P3 close to 3800 psi, I switch P1 for P2 and still the same, pump is freshly rebuilt due to this problem but no changes. Please helpme.

  963. #963sgun2015-08-29 02:17

    Hi. I have a mid 1990's kobelco 035. The left hand control stopped functioning properly. It feels stiff in all directions, and only moves the boom/slew at maximum movement in whichever direction it is moved (and then slowly). At times there is a noise from the control area hissing (no leaks). I have changed right and left control units and still same problem on the left. I have cleaned the filter on the pressure input to the hand control, no sign of any debri there. Is there some kind of a pressure regulating valve which could have failed to the hand control?

  964. #964linemann.l254kp2015-08-29 21:40

    Run it until working temp., then w/temp infrared gun check for hotest spot on big valve assembly under floor board, looking for stuck relif or pressure reg. valve

  965. #965Nessoreilly62015-09-26 13:10

    Help Hi I have purchased a 1986 905 excavator and the heads off the track motor have rusted off and oil leaks out also the oil cooler has a hole in it am trying to source workshop manual and parts in Australia if possible

  966. #966linemann.l254kp2015-09-27 00:40

    Sorry only have k035 but you can try with MrKobelco he is a Senior member Mr Kobelco is senior member and technician!!!

  967. #967riland2015-09-27 02:05

    I have workshop manual for K905LC LP-0901~1376 YP-0115~ contact me if need this book

  968. #968Naail2015-09-27 07:58

    Is this thread still active I need help with an excavator

  969. #969Nunnu2015-09-28 08:27

    Excavator SK135SR (Governor motor issues) I have this Excavator model: SK135SR (Kobelco) which is showing an issue `Governor motor current fail' and 'Governor motor starting point indexing fail'. Any solutions or the cause of this issue. Thank you

  970. #970linemann.l254kp2015-09-28 08:38

    Check fuses, then check for voltage at governor motor conector, and the ohms of the motor also the shaft to injection pump make shure is not in a stuck

  971. #971Nunnu2015-09-28 15:13

    All fuese are good.motor and shaft are good. Voltage at governor motor conector dont have voltage. I chacked 4 wire of connector all so..ples.

  972. #972digger792015-10-11 19:32

    hi i have a sk230 Mark VI it has a p2 proportional solenoid fault, i have replaced solenoid and done extensive wiring checks right back to mechato controller and still no luck could there be no output from controller any suggestions would be appreciated

  973. #973willie592015-10-11 21:53

    Welcome to HEF digger79. I don't know myself how to troubleshoot your problem, but just wanted to say I typically disconnect the connectors to P1 and P2 solenoids and swap them, see if the fault changes. Also, I've had problems with the connector where it snaps to the proportional solenoids, the socket that meets up with the pin on the solenoid gets worn and doesn't make a reliable connection. Had an SK250 that P2 solenoid kept going offline, then back on, then back off. Disconnect the connector, gripped the two flat pins in the solenoid connection and gave the pins a slight twist. Popped the harness connector back in and haven't had a problem with it since.

  974. #974linemann.l254kp2015-10-11 23:20

    Tankyou but mine isn't electric(solenoids) ---tank you but mine is a k035 older machine no sol on p1 & 2 ---- by the way if anyone outthere knows were to get used parts (like a junk yard for equipment) please post it

  975. #975digger792015-10-12 01:29

    Thanks Wille59 i have tried all that and also replaced plugs on solenoids but fault still remains with p2 solenoid, have tested cables right back even through KPSS switch back to Controller and found no faults

  976. #976Pine Creek Mine2015-10-12 19:49

    Hi,i have a ED 150 2005 with isuzu motor,it ran perfect ,the next morning it started up ok and then it lost power under any load,i changed the fuel filter but its the same,the excavator shows 3125 Hrs.I get all the 3 tomorrow.Glad you guys are here.... tom

  977. #977linemann.l254kp2015-10-12 20:32

    I don't know nothig about you machine but have you check the basic? If electric fuel lift pump>make sure theres no air leak before the pump and check flow after pump, if injection pump is totaly mechanic check oil leve if above normal suspect seals at injection pump also if shut off valve is not stuck half way, disconect return line after last injector if good flow= injection pump ok, check air intake no restrictions, some times trash gets in the lines from injection pump to injectors or/ and lift pump to injection pump, also check for restrictions after hydraulic pump if direct drive by the engine this my keep it from turning rigth. hope this help u, u may want to ask for Mrkobelco he supoust to be a kobelco tech with accses to info

  978. #978willie592015-10-12 22:35

    Sounds like you've done your homework. Sadly, I can't tell you where to go next if you've taken all those steps. :beatsme

  979. #979grandkobelco2015-10-13 07:46

    I hate to bring bad news digger79 but i've seen this on mark six's before and I believe the trouble is in the controller itself, I've never been able to repair one, just replace. wes

  980. #980Pine Creek Mine2015-10-13 09:27

    Thanks lineman,are 150 does not have a electric liftpump,air intake is clear,i tried also with the turbo air intake disconected,its a mecanical fuelpump but it has a electric stepmotor.Fuelflow from the tank is unrestricted.i can idle up and the RPM goes up without problems but as soon as there is any load,the motor bogs down and smokes black,i suspect it could be the step motor,will have a guy help me today to check on that.I dont know if the digital panel has anything to do with it but its blank since a couple of weeks.

  981. #981Pine Creek Mine2015-10-13 09:32

    i also cut open the fuelfilter,its like new,no debris or dirt,fuel lines are ok,good idea to check the shutoff valve,i do that today also.

  982. #982SterlingR2015-10-13 09:38

    Just my opinion, but if you are smoking black under load. Fuel supply is probably not the problem. It sounds like your pump is not doing it's job by unloading. It'm not familiar with Kobelco but some machines have a way to bypass the electronics for testing.

  983. #983Pine Creek Mine2015-10-13 10:37

    i will have help today so i can look at the stepmotor while loading it up,i got the feeling that its not opening for more fuel under load and it just bogs down the motor.hard to work on the new stuff......my loaders are 40y. old...never a problem.

  984. #984linemann.l254kp2015-10-13 11:05

    One time I have a similar problem w/a skytrak/cummins engine, after a lot of checking components one by one I found a sensor on the intake after the turbo to be the problem, just unpluged and fix thebproblem so went to store and get the newone and fixit!!

  985. #985Victoria1172015-10-15 21:24

    Hello- I am wondering how I would install a manual throttle cable in my 1994 sk120lc mark III? I just bought the machine and have been running on one speed, SLOW. Any advice would be very appreciated!

  986. #986linemann.l254kp2015-10-16 23:18

    Send a pic of the machine (close up of cab and the engine bothbsides and I tell u how

  987. #987Larry22015-10-28 14:00

    Yutani MD 120 LC YP00472 does't always want to pump hydraulic oil, filters and suction screen clean,may be fine for a week then act up, shut it off come back later it works.any ideas where to start

  988. #988grandkobelco2015-10-29 21:00

    If you mean nothing moves, track, boom, swing, arm, bucket, sounds more like a lever lock, fuse connections, relay, wireing, coil problem. wes

  989. #989Larry22015-10-30 17:53

    Lever lock only controls upper functions leaning more at pilot pump pressure or pressure relief valve just after pilot filter,yesterday am didn't work today fine kinder nerve racking when the trucks are lined up to be loaded

  990. #990Azizuddin792015-11-17 05:23

    Please give me your email address. I need parts manuals for Lima 7707 & Link belt LS118 RH-3

  991. #991anteybg2015-12-03 09:47

    Hello Digger Hunter, I was wondering did you solve problem with SK210?This summer I had more/less the same situation with New Holland e215b.Left track,arm in was very poor due to problem with pump No2.After few days problem was solved itself and I dont know what was the reason of malfunction. What was problem on your machine? Best regards, Antey

  992. #992digger_hunter2015-12-03 15:45

    Hey anteybg I think it's a faulty high pressure sensor on your pump. This is a very common issue on the sk200/210 we have found over the years. It can be sporadic and our experience has been that it doesn't even give a fault code on the display monitor as the sensor is within range just towards the wrong end of the operation spectrum!

  993. #993anteybg2015-12-04 02:27

    Good morning Digger Hunter, Thanks a lot sharing with me this inf ne more thing about this issue.I was entering/monitoring pressure on pump NO2 via CAB display and it seems to be that sensore pressure working fine.It goes from 2 to 35 MPa and I desided that was good component. Am I made mistake? Thanks again, Anteybg

  994. #994digger_hunter2015-12-04 07:51

    Hmm thats a bit strange then if the readings are within range. Have you checked the connectors as sometimes I've seen the wire insulation at the sensors get very brittle and they might have a bad connection. Also it could be that the sensors are in range now but you should check them when the problem occurs so you know if the reading is off. Could also be the P2 pump solenoid not working as it should which would possibly cut flow from P2.Not sure if the negative pressure sensor would cause any issues like this if faulty but worth a check.

  995. #995Ruahines2015-12-16 06:27

    We have several Kobelcos including a SK330 dash 6. The wiring at the sensors and solenoids on the pumps is very brittle and the plugs/connectors need to be replaced. Kobelco want lots for them so I wondered who made them. They look like a Delphi but I am not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated. Two and three pin female connectors. I will haul it into the workshop over Christmas and make a harness to splice into it. Thanks

  996. #996digger_hunter2015-12-16 07:06

    Pm me I have a stock of them. Send pictures of you can and I can send it to you if they match.

  997. #997Ruahines2015-12-16 16:57

    Images attached

  998. #998willie592015-12-16 21:20

    I think those are Tyco Electronics (TE Connectivity) AMP connectors. I just ordered pin sockets and housings for the pump proportional solenoid valves for an SK350-8 from Allied Electronics online, had to get the pin extractor tool from another online store because Allied was out of stock on the tool. I don't have the AMP part number here on my home computer, but the housing is similar to these. > http://www.te.com/usa-en/product-174352-2.html

  999. #999willie592015-12-19 21:41

    These are the pieces I recently purchased for the proportional solenoid valves at the pumps. Tyco/AMP part numbers housing: 174352-2 pin socket: 171662-1 locking plate: 1-174353-1 wire seal: 172888-2 BTW, I'm still learning how to take pics on my new phone.

  1000. #1000Thomaslouise2015-12-23 02:07

    Hour meter for SK330 SK330-8 sn.LC11-08653 How can i check actual hour meter showing at monitor display ? Sorry if this not the forum for asking..tgis is my first time to post. Thanks in advance

  1001. #1001Ruahines2015-12-27 07:43

    Thanks for the part numbers. They were ordered here before Christmas but I don't expect them until early in the New Year. Fortunately the 5 minute araldite I put over the plugs/wires is still holding and all is going well.

  1002. #1002RollOver Pete2016-01-28 14:27

    Oil requirement for a SK 135SR swing motor? Everything I have is in Japanese ....so Im lost. Thanks in advance.

  1003. #1003James.Clayton2016-01-29 19:42

    Hello Does anyone know where to download Kobelco excavator manuals without having to pay for them?? Look forward to your help. Cheers James

  1004. #1004VamanShenoy2016-02-10 23:50

    Does KOBELCO CRDI pump need to be timed. If so any timing marks available ?

  1005. #1005Vnco2016-02-11 22:16

    Newb to the forum, not sure if I'm posting correctly but here goes. I have an 05 sk135srlc that has an issue with the boom hyd circuit. When lowering the boom, the hydraulics will not produce down pressure initially. Once the bucket makes contact with the ground, I can release the control and then when I push the control again it produces down pressure. It has done this since I purchased the machine more than a year ago. It is most annoying in hard ground or rock. Otherwise the weight of the boom produces enough down pressure for normal digging. Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks

  1006. #1006digger_hunter2016-02-12 02:16

    Hey VNCO Looks like it could be a faulty pressure sensor on the pilot circuit. Try and find the boom down pressure sensor and swap it with another known good one and chvek of the fault carries over. I'm not sure where they would be located on yours but I'll try and dig up the circuit. I think that when you press down on the lever the pressure sensor is not telling the computer that you are actually moving the boom so it doesn't tell the pump to increase the flow. Hopefully if you can figure out which is the boom line you can change the line over and do some investigations Hope this helps.

  1007. #1007Vnco2016-02-12 07:06

    Thanks for the quick response hunter. It's on a job about 45 min from my office. I'll be back out there Tuesday and I'll give that a try.

  1008. #1008digger_hunter2016-02-12 07:30

    ok. its a real pain on that machine to get to stuff but if you trace the line from the control valve you should be able to identify the pressure sensor. Btw is the boom the only thing acting up?

  1009. #1009Vnco2016-02-12 08:35

    That is the only function acting up and it is only when applying down pressure. When raising the boom everything functions fine.

  1010. #1010digger_hunter2016-02-12 09:01

    ok. must be a pressure sensor. There should be a error code on the display but sometimes you get the symptom when the sensor goes towards an extreme end of its functionality. SO could be the case if it hasn't flagged an error code yet. But if you can swap a sensor off another function to check if it fixes the problem and leave it like that till you get a spare part. Relatively cheap sensor to be honest.

  1011. #1011Ruahines2016-02-20 18:20

    We had an issue with a SK260 air con. Operators were complaining that as the day went by it warmed up.Pressures not quite right but within range, a/c cycling like crazy so we scheduled it for an evaporator clean. Kobelco "engineers" deserve a kick in the bum for that design. Seat out and various pieces of hardware moved to one side and eventually the airbox was out and the evaporator is a slide in unit with 5 screws holding it. As suspected the evaporator was 80% blocked, but the point I am trying to make is that we could have pulled the evaporator out from below if the "engineers" had cut a slot in the floor and covered it with an inspection plate. Several hours work would now be an hour max. The difficult question however is, how to train "operators" to keep the cabin clean. Also we had issues with our SK330 pro valve wiring a while ago. willie gave us the numbers for the 2 pin plugs which solved most of the problems. the 3 pin plugs were a lot harder to find though. They are a Sumitomo connector and this guy sells them in Japan. http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SMHW/smhw.html

  1012. #1012Kobelco ireland2016-02-28 20:06

    Hi VNCO I am also new to this forum was wondering if you got the problem with your machine sorted out

  1013. #1013Kobelco ireland2016-02-28 20:10

    Hi Pete Swing motor oil is Ep 80/90

  1014. #1014Vnco2016-02-29 07:09

    Kobelco Ireland, I have not had time to trouble shoot the problem yet. I hope to find some time later this week. I will most certainly advise of my conclusion. Thanks.

  1015. #1015Kobelco ireland2016-02-29 10:27

    Ok maybe also check if your machine has after market check valves fitted to lifting cylinders. I have come across a few machines in ireland with faulty after market check valves that caused the machines to act the same way yours is acting.

  1016. #1016Vnco2016-02-29 19:25

    You would be speaking of a craning valve designed to prevent the cylinder from colapsing in the case of a hose rupture? I don't believe there is anything like that on the machine but I will certainly have a look. I would imagine it would be fairly obviously mounted directly at the cylinder port? Thanks for the help.

  1017. #1017Kobelco ireland2016-03-01 16:53

    Yes they are the valves I was asking about there would be one on the bottom of each lifting ram, if they are not fitted check what digger_hunter said.

  1018. #1018Pipelinemech2016-03-02 15:13

    Anyone else having problems with the sk170 def system? I have two sk170 with the fpt engine. 2012 models. I would love to be able to turn the def off and put a regular muffler on it. Any help?

  1019. #1019plowboy6892016-03-11 20:11

    Hi guys, new to forum . I have a kobelco 220 LC mark4 It acts as if it might have a restriction on returning oil to tank It loads the motor when trying to walk or operating the boom. The swing does not seem to load the motor. I have recently rebuilt the bucket cylinder and the packings were terrible. Is there a prescreen or anything in the valve block that could be in the wrong position that would cause this problem. Thanks.

  1020. #1020Bremcon2016-03-14 17:58

    I'm looking for a water pump for a Mitsubishi 6D31T engine, does anyone have the part number? Thanks, Drew

  1021. #1021savethecars2016-03-16 09:15

    I have Kobelco Mini Escavator SKO15 I'm looking for final drive unit All I really need is the inner bearing, but I would buy a new/rebuilt final drive Any suggestions Thx Mike

  1022. #1022savethecars2016-03-16 09:18

    Serial # PU 03620

  1023. #1023Howard32016-03-23 15:42

    Hi Mr Kobelco, I have an SK30UR-2 excavator. Recently (after having the engine apart to replace a head gasket), there is a problem. The travel and dozer blade work but the joysticks are dead. This is the same effect as toggling the switch under the seat, so presumably there is something to do with that. Also one fuse in the fusebox gets very hot. Do you have a wiring diagram for this machine? Thanks!

  1024. #1024savethecars2016-03-24 05:38

    Anyone: Looking for a reasonably priced front drive unit for my SKO15 Any suggestions?

  1025. #1025Darrellwoodke2016-03-27 19:23

    Kobelco SK150 LC mark 4 on my Kobelco Sk150lc Mark 4 Excavator my boom moves when I pull the joystick to the right or left why

  1026. #1026Darrellwoodke2016-03-27 19:25

    on my Kobelco Sk150lc Mark 4 Excavator my boom moves in and out when I pull the joystick on the left side to the right or left why

  1027. #1027shinigamix2x2016-04-28 08:04

    SK330LC - YC07 with optional attachments Here's what i checked, teed into solenoids: All solenoids are functional, P1 Bypass, P2 Bypass, Arm Re-circulation, Travel Straight, Pump PSV 1 and PSV 2 outputs secondary pilot pressure to specs. I'm not sure what the Independent Travel Solenoids are for though. Swing Priority Solenoid also Functional. Pressure Sensors for Pilot, Negative Flow, Back Pressure and Pump High Pressure Sensors are all good. Pressure Checks: Boom Up Stall Pressure : 5300 Psi Bucket Dig Stall Pressure : 5300 Psi Arm In Stall Pressure : 5400 Psi Swing Stall Pressure: Left :1800 psi, Right: 3500 psi Problem: Boom Up, Bucket Dig/Dump, Swing and Right Travel very poor performance. Arm and Left Travel Works really well. The swing moves really slow until you pull the arm in function and it swings a lot faster. The Boom down won't lift the machine whether it's idle or full rpm, until you simultaneously push the arm out lever with boom down then the machine will lift itself properly. The right travel has no power to track, at idle or full rpm (stall pressure for right track went up as high 3000 psi max, nothing more. Left track Stall pressure was about 4400 psi. P2 Pump runs a bit on load - 800 Psi on idle, P1 runs around 334 Psi Idle, I'm thinking to check the P1 pump regulator, (P1 Side Problems: Boom, Bucket and Right Travel slow but the stall pressures reads fine enough which means the pump should be okay) just not sure if it's outputting the right amount of GPM. Not sure why the swing would be slow since it's on the P2 side and only works well when the arm in is used together with it. Was wondering if there's anything i'm missing out here to sort this out, any ideas?

  1028. #1028digger_hunter2016-04-28 09:48

    Check your P1/P2 pump pressure sensors. You could swap the harness between the 2 pump sensors and see if the fault swaps to the other side of the machine functions indicating its the pressure sensor faulty. Very common issue with the pump sensors not showing an error code but are actually off. Hope this helps

  1029. #1029KevinArmentrout2016-05-06 08:32

    Kobelco sk210-lc8 pouring black smoke I just saw this thread. I'm posting this as a duplicate to the generic excavator forum.. Hope I'm not breaking any rules... Hello everyone. I'm hoping some of the expertise on this forum can help me. I am having issues with my kobelco sk210 lc-8 POURING black smoke when it's under load. Only under load. I can rev it high and it's fine, but as soon as I lift the boom or perform any function with the controls it pours black smoke. Here's what we have done so far to troubleshoot: A little history: We had it at a friends house and it was running fine. We had a blizzard with about 2 foot of snow. Long story short, after the snow melted, we went to move it. about 20 feet and it died. After a fuel pump replacement and filters, we came to find out the entire Lower fuel filter housing was completely packed full of mud. So after all that was cleaned up it was running great...probably put 50 more hours on it....Then we moved it to a new job and noticed it was slowly losing power and more black smoke, so we stopped running it. Replaced the filters again and then took the fuel tank off and scraped a significant amount of smelly mud and random parts that didn't belong in the tank. Didn't help. First thing that came to our minds was not enough air and too much fuel..... * First we checked for dirty air filters. Ran the machine without them for a quick test. Not the problem. However from sitting a mouse had built a nest in there... and to my luck when I had my head down in the engine, ol jake the snake decided to come out. I about did a back flip off the counter weight lol. * We disconnected innercooler lines, etc.. to make sure no restriction was in the lines. * Rebuilt the turbo. Noticed a little oil leaking past the seals, and turbine had too much play for our liking. So nice rebuilt turbo. * Took the little heater off on top of the engine and that was fine. * cracked each injector line to see if they affected the engine. All injectors seemed to perform as they should. * Blew out all of the fuel lines after disconnecting all of them. The only thing left that we can think of is the injection pump, so we took that off, then we called B&D diesel and they said to put it back on and it didn't sound like the pump. It sounded like loss of fuel????????? And try to bypass all of the lines by hooking up a jug of diesel fuel and a line straight to the injection pump.... Thunderstorms limited our work yesterday so were going to try that this week. The engine is a CNH or IVECO... There is a CNH tab right on top of the motor.. Anyone have any ideas? And no we havn't purchased a service manual yet..... it's coming though. Update: we bypassed the fuel and hooked a jug of diesel to the injection pump. Same problem. Also it happens at idle and at full rpms but only when you activate the hydraulics fully. If you lift the boom gradually it doesn't do it as much. Any thoughts? response to 87silver: Yeah. It was pretty bad. But the good thing is the filtration on that machine. The bottom larger filter goes straight up to the fuel pump and then from the fuel pump back down to the second and third filter, then back to the injection pump. The smaller filters didn't have anything in them or the housings. So it looks like the large filter took one for the team. Yesterday we replaced the smaller filters just to weed that out. Exhaust: We took the muffler off. We separated it from the turbo where that silver band clamp disconnects. Turbines spin freely. It's odd. You can turn the throttle up and leave it there. Engine doesn't miss a beat. As soon as you pull back on the lever to raise the boom, black smoke fills the air and the rpm's drop down. If you pull back gradually though, it's not as bad. Another thing that I don't quite understand is it does it at idle(under load) and at full throttle (under load). My assumption was it would be able to deliver enough fuel at idle under load more so than full throttle. So the only thing I can think it would be is the injection pump or the injectors.... We also checked the air flow from the intake yesterday again. It puts out more air than my leaf blower!

  1030. #1030digger_hunter2016-05-06 10:26

    Hey Kevin, Get someone to check if the air intake hose is collapsing under load. We have had cases where the inner lining of the air intake hose to the turbo etc would collapse when the engine was under load literally choking the engine! Could be the cold messed with the rubber hosing or something. Hope this helps!

  1031. #1031digger_hunter2016-05-06 10:29

    One more thing......these common rail engines have an atmospheric pressure sensor i think. Could be an issue with that. I think its in the air filter intake somewhere. But check the hose first to see if its collapsing under load.

  1032. #1032DIRT BOSS2016-05-06 11:50

    Hi Mr. Kobelco I have a 2003 sk160lc-6e #YM03-U0650 I need all 8 bushings and seals in the stick and bucket area. Is there any aftermarket bushings, or could I use the 2002 model of that machines bushings seeing there a third of the money! They seem to be the same diameter and length. Thanks!

  1033. #1033KevinArmentrout2016-05-06 12:19

    Hey Digger, We checked the hoses yesterday. My buddy got under the machine where there is an access panel to get to the intake hose on the innercooler. That one was good to go. Followed that up to the piping to the next hose. That was all good. Next we checked the hose up top connected from the inner cooler to the heater. That one was good, and then checked the turbo hose which seemed good. Is there somewhere to hook some kind of boost gauge somewhere. Then we would know for sure what it is and check on what it should be at. All of the hoses btw swelled slightly with a lot of air traveling through them. I'll check on that sensor! Thank you for your response! Every suggestion helps. I'll try everything I can within reason

  1034. #1034KevinArmentrout2016-05-06 12:33

    Could it be possible there is a diaphragm on top of the injection pump that has a hole in it or something?

  1035. #1035Phil P2016-05-13 16:15

    Hello I just joined the forum. I made the mistake of volunteering at a research facility located on 11,000 acres of land in south central Florida several years ago. I have been part timing out there ever since. LOL They do research in all kinds of agricultural fields. They have a Kobelco SK00LC for cleaning the irrigation canals. The ranch manager moved the machine about a ¼ mile a while back and shut it down. It now will not start. When you turn the key on you don’t get any indication of power, none of the gages or led readout light up. I am totally unfamiliar with this machine and the fellow that they have had working on it seems to have vanished. My back ground is medium equipment like farm tractors; truck including class A vehicles, etc. What I have done: Checked the batteries (2 12V for 24V) they are new and charged. I have tried jumping the big power relay in the battery compartment with no change. I did reach the fellow that was doing the repairs on the machine and he had me check voltage at the power relay in the back of the machine under the engine compartment. This had only a 4 volt reading and he told me it had to be in the front of the machine and to check the fuses. Behind the seat in the operators cab is 2 rows of fuses. The row furthest toward the back of the machine checked good and had 24V. The row toward the front of the machine had 4V. At this point I called the fellow and requested a service call. I spoke to him the morning of the appointed day and he said he was on his way. He never showed and now doesn’t answered his phone or return my calls. Can anyone tell me where to look or provide a trouble shooting procedure? Thanks in advance Phil P

  1036. #1036K9lvr4ever2016-05-20 22:28

    Hey Michael, Where did you locate an lcd display for your sk200? I have an SK100 and just need the lcd panel (not the whole cluster). Hoping maybe you can point me in the right direction. Thank you, Bria.

  1037. #1037D-ROM2016-05-21 20:38

    I am currently attempting to diagnose a problem with a sk300lc series 4 ycu excavator. The issue is that the arm cylinder will leak down quickly when tucked up under boom. It will hold firm when fully extended in the air. I have the service manual and am studying the arm spool section. It seems that both spools should be holding back returning fluid when at rest. I have removed and inspected spools and they appear flawless. The only path for this fluid to be escaping seems to be the relief valve on arm spool. When I removed to inspect the valve was in 2 pieces but did not appear to be damaged in any way. I would appreciate any feedback and or direction. Thank you. Dan Romano, D-ROM Machine Repair LLC 347-502-8669

  1038. #1038Phil P2016-05-22 07:10

    Hi D-Rom I just repaired a cylinder on an aerator that was doing the same thing would hold the 63,000 lb aerator up off the ground but the wheels would rapidly leak down when retracted. I was fortunate that I could use a second tractor to power the hydraulic system eliminating the possibility of the problem being in the control system. When I disassembled the cylinder I found the piston seal damaged on one side the backer ring had broken and was acutely wedged between the cylinder wall and the piston only causing the fluid to bypass when pressure was on the side of the piston with the good backer ring. When the pressure was on the side with the bad backer ring the seal worked properly. If your machine is anything like our 200 that cylinder is not hard to get off but is heavy. Parts are hard to *** by because of the metric sizes I have 2 sources for them the Kobelco dealer and a company in Tampa Florida that specializes in metric hydraulic parts. Phil P

  1039. #1039Phil P2016-05-22 07:14

    Sorry about the typo but cant find a way to edit my post. Phil P

  1040. #1040D-ROM2016-05-22 09:50

    Thank you for sharing your experience. This cylinder is the largest I have seen. A position previously held by a John Deere 690d. The packing kit is quite expensive also. I think I should remove rod and piston to eliminate this possibility. Logic was telling me it can't be a bad seal because of the bypass in only one direction. Thanks, Dan

  1041. #1041samsonv82016-06-02 15:36

    have a 130 ur down on power no fast track yet one track runs fast when not under power

  1042. #1042Kobelco ireland2016-06-02 17:40

    Hi d-rom the arm port relief valve should not be in two pieces it should be all one unit. If your machine has a factory fitted attachment spool housing you can take a relief valve from there and swap it with the arm relief valve

  1043. #1043D-ROM2016-06-03 14:25

    Thank you for responding. I do not have aux. circuit on this machine and I noticed that the other relief valves are a different design externally than the arm valve. I am also confused by the parts manual, it calls for this same valve design, in different ratings, for all spool sections. Maybe I will pull and swap with another section if they are the same "below the belt". Dan Romano

  1044. #1044Kobelco ireland2016-06-03 15:29

    All port relief valves will have a slightly different pressure setting but all will be set higher than the main relief so you will be able to temporarily swap them to test.

  1045. #1045samsonv82016-06-04 02:10

    when i lift it clear of the ground and track one at a time one track runs fast , runs fine on the ground

  1046. #1046Sumeet2016-06-07 19:08

    I have a 2007 Kobelco ED150 Blade runner and I'm getting a two speed solenoid error. The machine loses power over time and I went to kobelco and they couldn't help me. Can u please help me find what I have to fix.

  1047. #1047Kobelco ireland2016-06-07 19:49

    . Hi sumeet if you take down the plate under the cab directly below the track pedals you will see a solenoid bank with two rows of solenoids one row has four and the other has three. On the row with three solenoids solenoid 1, solenoid 2, a gap where solenoid 3 would be located, solenoid 4. The two speed travel is solenoid 2. You will need to replace the solenoid. Can you give me more information on the machine losing power. Is it losing hydraulic power or engine power. The 2 speed solenoid should not affect the overall machine performance so it's possible you have two problems

  1048. #1048Sumeet2016-06-07 22:43

    The machine runs well at first. When u completely extend the boom and then bring the boom in. The power decreases dramatically. Also when pushing the machines max performance while pulling heavy loads the machines rpm decreases and thus looses power. Also thank you for the solenoid solution

  1049. #1049Sumeet2016-06-08 00:09

    The machine runs well at first. When u completely extend the boom and then bring the boom in. The power decreases dramatically. Also when pushing the machines max performance while pulling heavy loads the machines rpm decreases and thus looses power. Also thank you for the solenoid solution

  1050. #1050metalschmidt2016-06-08 15:41

    Kobelco SK 220 Won't Throttle up under load. Help.. I have a KOBELCO SK 220 LC 1989 LLU. It does not throttle up under load. Auto Acc works to bring it to high idle but when working the machine it does not compensate for load. RPM check reads 0 RPM even though it's running at low idle (400 RPM ? ). All other functions seem to be fine so I thought it was the revolution sender that was faulty and when I checked it it has two twisted pairs of leads. One pair (White and Green) are connected to the harness via a plug with read and white wires. The other pair of wires ( Red and Black) are are just hanging loose. Looks like they were broken off but I have now idea where they go? Can anyone tell me where they go and is there a way to check the sender to see if it is faulty? I sincerely appreciate any advise. Thanks!

  1051. #1051whitemike2016-06-08 15:51

    I am in the process of putting a Seppi rotary mulcher on a 02 SL160LC Kobelco Dynamic Acerra S# ym02u0469. I sent my machine and mulcher oil and pressure requirements to SUN Hydraulics and they put me a priority flow valve together with the instructions on where and how to install it. On the mulcher motor itself it has 3-#3/4 lines, the pressure line A. runs to my SUN flow valve, another line B.(case drain) i am running it back to hyd. tank, the 3rd line C. just returns oil from motor( it still has some pressure ). I don't know exactly where to plumb this line to my machine at. Could you help me with this? a picture of someone pointing at the location would be wonderful but may not be possible. But a good explanation will help me alot. Just to say this my machine has an unused hammer valve, which i think also is a one way oil flowing circuit. Is it possible to use its fittings at the valve banks to hook my return line? Any help would be appreciated!

  1052. #1052Sumeet2016-06-16 01:13

    Could someone help me find where the sensor is located. The monitor displays pump p2 sensor. Will this result in power loss? The machine runs fine briefly and then slows down, track speed and bucket pushing power is reduced. The machine whines a lot. Is it potentially a broken wire and if so where should I look. Thanks in advance.

  1053. #1053Kobelco ireland2016-06-16 15:29

    If you take off the belly under the pumps and look up follow the suction pipe to where it bolts to the pump near the counter weight directly under where the suction pipe bolts on there will be two sensors. These are the high pressure pump sensors the one nearest the engine is p1 sensor and the other is p2. Mark which connector is which and don't mix them up. Next remove the sensors and swap the position they are fitted in reconnect wires. If this changes the problem to p1 pump the sensor is faulty if the problem stays on p2 the wiring needs to be checked. Also when the tracks go weak is if both or just one track? And if only one track which one

  1054. #1054K9lvr4ever2016-06-18 22:37

    Hello Mr. Kobelco, I bought an SK100 M5 SV Acera. The guy told me that it started hard and after operating at working temps for a few hours, it wouldn't start without ether... I too have had a really difficult time starting it... as soon as you shoot the smallest shot of ether it fires up immediately and runs great. I haven't worked it yet to observe the no start after working temps. The batteries are decent but only 500 CCA. Could it be that the batteries just aren't turning it over fast enough? This machine has the Isuzu 4BD1 engine in it and I am not that familiar with that engine. Anything you can think of or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Serial on the machine is YW06533. Thank you! Brian

  1055. #1055samsonv82016-07-06 15:20

    saftey stopes the bucket from cab wipe out you have a wiring fault

  1056. #1056wetherby2016-07-19 10:49

    We are lost here and could use help. Kobelco sk100- we have a new Mechatronic controller but still receive "CPU Mechatro cont. fail, 17." 09899H Also, our thumb opens but will not close- Thanks in advance for any help!

  1057. #1057mulchmaster2016-09-10 19:24

    Kobelco sk200-3 stalling/bogging problem Hi, new to the forum here so i hope i am posting this in the right spot. I have a sk200-3 acera excavator and am having a stalling problem after running for about 45 mins. It runs very well for the first 40 mins and then will bog down and stall even with little use of the hydraulics. If i let it sit for about 15-20 mins it will start right up and run fine for another 30-45 mins. lcd screen is not working so i can not see any codes. checked engine with infrared thermometer and seems to be running cool enough, about 130 degrees. Changed fuel filter, air and hydraulic filter nothing changed, saw on this forum to check screens on banjo nuts but did not find any screens in banjos on pump.I have owned machine for eight years and this is the first problem that has stumped me. 6000 hrs on machine serial # yn24647 with the mitsubishi 6 cylinder in it. One more thing the smoke is white/grey not black when it finally decides to stall/bog down. Thanks for your help this is a great forum.

  1058. #1058southernman132016-09-10 21:17

    I found a screen on my 320 cat (Mitsubishi engine) it was in the banjo fitting that went from filter to the manual pump on the side of the engine. A little plastic filter that screwed into the inside of the fitting. Don't know if the Kobelco has one to. I actually own an sk250lc but haven't checked it yet. Good luck.

  1059. #1059mulchmaster2016-09-10 21:57

    Sk200 stalling Thanks so much, will check that in am. Supposed to be on a job Monday am.

  1060. #1060mulchmaster2016-09-11 09:32

    Kobelco sk200-3 stalling/bogging problem Thanks so much, it looks like that might be the problem!I took it out this am and it was half full of everything that ever got in the tank. Will run this afternoon and see if that clears up my problem. Thanks so much again looks like i might be able to work tomorrow.

  1061. #1061southernman132016-09-11 09:46

    Cool man. It's amazing what can be learned on this forum. I hope it does the job. I was thinking of adding a 3/8 inline plastic fuel filter between the tank and the first filter on the machine. I like o be able to see what's in there. I did this on my dozer and it was easier to see and cheaper to change out than the spin on filter. Good luck!!

  1062. #1062245dlc2016-09-13 21:41

    Hello Mr. Kobelco my friend has a Kobelco SK210 Mark 9 with DEF after treatment. From time to time we've had trouble with the DEF system several times it has been the exhaust sensor in the muffler and more recently the injector started leaking and the alarm bells started going off of course. The dealer came out and found the problem pretty quickly and it was repaired on warranty. I figure the DEF fluid probably froze and cracked during the winter and finally gave out a fault as it had been leaking down the back side of the engine for quite some time when the mechanic started sniffing out the problem. Now what I was wondering is if there are any delete kits for these Fiat engine's or at least some way of out smarting the computer and putting plumbing antifreeze in the DEF tank for winter time as this is Canada and we can have weather extremes of +40C to -50C in the winter?

  1063. #1063kenghin2016-09-15 04:16

    Exclamation Error Code: E1 (Pump P1, Propo-Valve) Hi Mr. Kobelco Recently i have encountered the above error code on my SK135SR. After this error has appeared, the left track & bucket movement are very slow, even at high flow. I have tried to swap the solenoid valves between P1 & P2 (Main Pump Area), I even changed the P1 valve (DRDE5K-31/30C50) to a new piece, yet the problem persist. What and where does the problem lies? Anyone to share their experience?

  1064. #1064daplatten2016-09-16 20:58

    SK70 Gray Market SER# YT03 05617 Stepping motor wont read the limit switch. I have pulled the 4 pins from the Mechatronic plug #14-1 Green; 14-2 Black; 14-3 Gray shielding Ground; 14-12 Red; 14-13 white and ran my own shielding wire to the stepping motor and still nothing. I have by passed 14-14 purple power and separate black ground wire to the limit switch in the same way The Stepping Motor is new, The RPM Sensor is new. I have taken it and my computer to another machine and plugged them in and they work fine. I brought a good Mechatronic to my machine and still won't take the A adjustment. The stepping motor goes to one side of the limit switch but does not kick back the other way, just sits there and clicks. ANY IDEAS??????

  1065. #1065245dlc2016-09-16 22:13

    Anybody have any idea if there is a DEF delete kit or some way of out smarting the computer to think it has DEF when in fact it doesn't? This one has the Fiat engine instead of the better Hino engine.

  1066. #1066MDrepair2016-09-27 16:42

    1994 Kobelco sk200 mark 3 ser#yqu0989 I cant figure out a hydraulic problem. Machine runs good but when youre working the machine something simple as extending the boom and stick at the same time machine will bog down or shut off. Machine will start right back up no problem, Ive replaced the lift pump, rebuilt injecgtion pump, nozzles, hydraulic pump, swapped computer with another machine, cleaned rpm sensor, and I'm getting ohm readings out of the sensors. I'm running out of ideas, any help is appreciated

  1067. #1067southernman132016-09-27 17:08

    Should be a banjo fitting on the line coming in from filter to manual prime pump.. there should be a small filter for n that banjo bolt. Remove it and clean it this may be your issue.

  1068. #1068MDrepair2016-09-27 17:16

    Cleaned that filter when I replaced the manual pump. I cut out all the dry rotted hoses as well I believe it's a hydraulic problem

  1069. #1069Rosky2016-11-01 09:42

    2004 KOBELCO SK330 LC DYNAMIC ACERA Hello, on my 330 Yesterday it was working normal its had its issues but while working it I let the machine idle and when I tried to move again nothing happened, the machine would move extremely slow or not at all. the pump was replaced maybe 900 hours ago. any ideas what would cause this?

  1070. #1070vineyardmanager2016-11-02 16:43

    Kobelco SK50UR?? Just purchased what I was told was a SK50UR. Im trying to hone in the year and model number with the the serial number which is: YJ0284 Any help? Thanks! Ken

  1071. #1071Rosky2016-11-02 16:47

    I broke that sensor replacing a hose, I looked it up, I think its a low pressure sensor, Would this be the direct issue the machine is having?

  1072. #1072Arfarmer2016-11-16 15:41

    I have a Sk 210 LC (serial YQ09) we just finished some repairs and started it back up. On the display monitor "B113" would flash, and when you put the handle down to start operating the machine "Selector Code Failure" would flash on the monitor. Anyone know what either one of these mean? I have tried looking else where online but can't find anything

  1073. #1073RollOver Pete2016-11-25 10:20

    Thank you sir.

  1074. #1074tool_king2016-11-25 12:29

    Arfarmer Here is the code meaning B113 Disconnection of pressure sensor of optional selector positioning. What is your email address .I can email you the complete trouble code list .

  1075. #1075Kobelcofarmer2016-11-30 01:51

    Kobelco Looking at 2003 kobelco mini x bluefish green was wandering how to read serial number to make shure it is a us model or a non us import model if that make a difference on avaibility of parts

  1076. #1076rangga1252016-11-30 09:29

    Manual Book Kobelco Hi all, im looking for Manual Book / Manual Service & PART for Kobelco SK200 Mark VI Thanks for help

  1077. #1077RollOver Pete2016-12-05 12:57

    I wounder if this would also apply to a SK135SRLC-1E w/Isuzu 4BG1T Eng ?

  1078. #1078RollOver Pete2016-12-10 01:01

    Found it...

  1079. #1079willie592016-12-10 10:06

    Yep, that'll do it! I toss that tiny little filter screen, seems the smallest debris can clog them, and then install an inline strainer. If it's a 3/8" hose you can use a Wix 33270, it has a 120 mesh wire screen inside and is WAY bigger capacity than that tiny strainer in the banjo fitting.

  1080. #1080tool_king2016-12-10 15:57

    Baldwin Filters makes a clear see through filter BF7863 that is rated for diesel ,it has stepped barbed fitting.It will fit 1/4 and 5/16 hose.They also make clear filter for 3/8 ,1/2 which is about six inches long witch is see through .I don't have the part number handy but can get you one on Monday .

  1081. #1081dieselmax2016-12-30 17:36

    I have a Kobelco SK230-6 s/n: LQ08-04517, when you start machine the engine is under full load as if the hydraulics are under full load until you pull a servo lever or move aux pedal the engine retuns to no load. Any ideas?

  1082. #1082digger_hunter2016-12-31 05:18

    Hey dieselmax I can't remember off the top of my head how to access the diagnostics. But could be the pump is not returning to neutral due a stuck solenoid etc. You can read the read outs of each solenoid from the monitor and perhaps find if something is reading a higher voltage than it should and you can then try unplugging that one to see if it affects it somehow. But anyways you need the service manual as each screen tells you a different part of the electronic diagnostics. Pm me and I can send it to you by email I suspect that the solenoid that sets pump angle for one of the pumps might be getting stuck or something. And that way the engine would be immediately loaded up during startup. And operating a lever kinda undoes it by moving it back and forth. I'll have a look it at it later and come up with a better method to find the fault but pm me your email and I'll send you the manual so you can have a look yourself.

  1083. #1083turbo68932016-12-31 05:41

    sk75ur help Hey there I have an sk75ur cranks runs perfect blade moves up and down strong but nothing else functions it is a grey market so I have found no info on it serial # is yr-00404 when I bought it I was told it started to move very slowly then just stopped all together so the old mam changed the pump well since then I have put original pump back on it and it seems to be working but still only blade works I tested all my solenoid valves and only one seems to be burnt out its a3 I belive. Its on block by battery closest to the cab. Other than that I do not know much im only 23 this is my first time on this type of thing any help would be greatly appreciated. Id really love a wiring diagram and fluid diagram if anyone happems to have one thanks

  1084. #1084Samaaron752017-01-05 10:44

    Help I am confused on my sk150 lc mark /// can't get heat and cant find a solution don't think it's a thermostat cause it never overheats any help

  1085. #1085RollOver Pete2017-01-09 16:59

    SK135SR display language change How on earth do you change the display from Japanese to English? I apologize if it has already been posted but I can't find it. SK135SR vin# YYO4-09745

  1086. #1086kobelco ro2017-01-10 13:41

    Fiat cobelco buna.se pare ca nu prea gasim distribuitori seriosi pe europa.si eu caut de ceva vreme

  1087. #1087rangga1252017-01-16 08:18

    Problem Kobelco Sk200-6E Hi all.. I need help with problem on my Kobelco. kobelco accera SK200-6E YN-10 1. Safety lock problem.. The handle is not function.. Handle in neutral but machine still function. 2. Error on display monitor, ( travel 2 speed solenoid and powerboost solenoid ). I' ve try to change new solenoid travel and powerboost, but the error still appear . 1,2 speed button and powerboos button is missing, are this cause the error? Thanks

  1088. #1088td9clyde2017-02-12 09:31

    I have the same machine with the Cummins engine the issues I have are my dash doesn't work the people who owned it put manual gauges and throttle cable in it...and to me it runs on the warm side where does your 200 run on temp? Cuz to me 200 degrees is running warm it shouldn't get over 190 imo.

  1089. #1089td9clyde2017-02-12 09:56

    I have recently bought a kobelco sk 200 mark4 , I have a few questions . Where should the engine temp be running at ? It has the Cummins engine. And also would like to fix the monitor/ dash in it it doesn't work at all previous owner put manual gauges in it ....where do I start? Would like to fix the dash and throttle. Any help would be great

  1090. #1090deereresurrector2017-03-12 21:45
  1091. #1091samsonv82017-03-13 02:44

    hi deerersurretor nice to know someone is on to help . have posted a few times and no response i have a sk130ur ,when i lift her up , and run tracks ,one at a time the right track runs faster , also have no fast track . just fitted as new main pump and pilot pump,

  1092. #1092deereresurrector2017-03-13 08:54

    Each track has its own motor that is feed by hyd pump. Your pump should put out just as much flow to rh track and left hand. Track. Now the condition of the drive motor that is running slower is probably going to be bypassing internally via seals or displacement gears in motor. Check for scaring .in track motors

  1093. #1093deereresurrector2017-03-13 10:51

    I read somewhere in the forum about which pump controls which function as well as tracks

  1094. #1094deereresurrector2017-03-15 00:34

    I have a kobelco sk300lc mark iv ycu -1127. my specific questions are what are vthe h , s, d, and fc functions for and during operation of unit which ones should be used? Also engine stalls while using hyd functions in fc mode. Is this normal?

  1095. #1095deereresurrector2017-03-15 00:40

    I'm looking for some help from experienced kobelco technicians. I would gladly appreciate yalls input . thank you

  1096. #1096deereresurrector2017-03-15 23:05

    Hello D-Rom

  1097. #1097deereresurrector2017-03-15 23:09

    I was reading your post here and you happen to have the same machine ycu -SN . I have The YCU-1127 sk300lc mark4. I cant find any info on the S,D,H,and FC, fuctions .Do you happen to know the meaning to the functions ,and where they are surpose to used?

  1098. #1098mr hatt2017-03-17 14:04

    Easy question Sk210lc-6 s/n YQ08-U1826. What oil does the factory specify for final drives? Thanks

  1099. #1099samsonv82017-03-25 16:03

    have a look at main relive valve on the valve block

  1100. #1100Kobelco ireland2017-03-28 16:46

    Hi the a3 solenoid that's burnt out is for the dead man lever. You will have to replace it. All hydraulic control are activated by this except the blade which has a cable

  1101. #1101Kobelco ireland2017-03-28 17:19

    Hi S mode is standard digging machine will run at around 90% throttle. H mode is hard digging machine will run at 100%. D mode changes hydraulic pumps so one pump works both tracks and other pump works boom, arm, bucket and swing. It's ment to allow you to track and work other functions smoothly. Fc is for fine control machine should work about 50% throttle. Stalling in fc would not be normal. The throttle may not be set correctly and causing stalling or pump may not be de-stroking correctly and stalling engine. Hope this helps

  1102. #1102Kobelco ireland2017-03-28 17:29

    Ep80-90 for final drives and slew box

  1103. #1103samsonv82017-04-05 13:01

    i have similar problem with a sk130ur have changed round solenoids and the pump still n2 pump on load

  1104. #1104mr hatt2017-04-08 23:52

    Since I posted I found a service manual. It is telling me 90 weight gl-4. The 80-90 might be easier to source than the monograde. One thing I can't find is the track tension adjustment procedure. The manual I have is a joke. It just says put grease in the fitting. Could you clue me in to the measurement procedure for a 210LC-6? Thank you.

  1105. #1105Kobelco ireland2017-04-09 11:43

    This is what I use

  1106. #1106mr hatt2017-04-09 15:02

    Thank you very much. I was surprised how many manufacturers measure this differently i.e. droop between rollers etc.

  1107. #1107Gary Gladen2017-04-10 16:51

    Good afternoon, This is Donnie with WEI I run a 330 kobellco log loader I have a problem with my hydraulic system when I run about 3/4 to full rpm I loose all functions in the grapple and the heal Also when I run my boom stick down it won't do anything until the stick is almost all the way down then it takes off at full speed if you run the machine at about 1/2 rpm it runs almost perfect. We have replaced both pumps and most of all the pressure sensors aslo the boom down sensor is blinking on the screen

  1108. #1108chris dials2017-04-15 13:07

    ive got a 2005 kobelco 200srlc. the swingbrake solenoid indicator on the monitor came on and beeps when in operation. i had the kobelco mechanic come out and put a new solenoid on and it didnt fix the problem. he suggested a short in the wire between computer and solenoid but seemed unsure as to what it is. anyone else encounter this problem. or know how to fix.

  1109. #1109corrconst2017-04-18 19:34

    ive got a 1995 kobelco 150. having an issue with the stepping motor. we installed new stepping motor, new harness that does the engine and stepping motor all the way to the computer. now we turn the key on and all the motor does is buzz for about 20 seconds and the "stepping motor off comes on in the display and beeps. not sure if there is a way to reset the computer or reset the stepper some way. dont really know where to go from here.

  1110. #1110jeffrey562017-04-20 19:39

    I have a kobelco SK30UR, I think is a 2004 blue. I was grading with blade and hit tree with boom. that set an alarm off. now my boom will not rise and will not come to cab. the knuckle will move to the right but not left. the control box under seat is flashing 32. what does this mean and how do I reset.

  1111. #1111jeffrey562017-04-20 19:44

    I am looking for information for my kobelco SK30UR. I have an alarm going off and my control unit is flashing 32. what does it mean and how do I clear it

  1112. #1112Adam widrig2017-04-26 17:05

    Hello I have a sk50ur-1 ser# yj-00821 with a yanmar 3tn100 engine. I'm having hyd problems with it. Every thing that has to do with the boom ( rotation, bucket curl, boom up-down, dipper In-out) it works for may be few min then stops. But both tracks work fine and blade works fine and the of set boom works fine. Got some fittings to check pressures and out of one side of the pump I got 3000psi when I track with it but any other function maybe 500psi if that. Checked pilot pressure for the controls is around 475-500. If any one has any input please let me know been pulling my hair out for last three weeks trying to figure it out. I have not been able to find any one with any info on this machine. Thank you

  1113. #1113samsonv82017-04-27 13:07

    i put the bucket into stall and the tracks work perfect ,the pump 2 is on full power all the time

  1114. #1114samsonv82017-05-23 13:16

    two low pressure sensors down and the main control valve worn and a broken wire

  1115. #1115samsonv82017-06-06 13:06

    Sent from my iPhone

  1116. #1116samsonv82017-06-06 13:22

    looking for the one on the right main control valve sk 130 ur was given part no lp22v00001f1 any ideas please

  1117. #1117Kobelco ireland2017-06-06 13:45

    Hi the new one on the left is for a 210/ 250 size machine. It has two different relief setting in the one valve. One for normal operations and one for heavy lift. The heavy lift relief is set 30 bar higher than the main relief. I have never tired it but in theory it should still work in your machine.

  1118. #1118samsonv82017-06-06 14:14

    thank you but if you look at the top line through the rubber the lower shoulder is 1mm on the right and the left is 3mm so will not bottom

  1119. #1119Kobelco ireland2017-06-06 15:13

    Ah yes I didn't look that close at the picture first. Is the old one building any pressure at all

  1120. #1120Kobelco ireland2017-06-06 15:18

    Hi is the swing brake fault on all the time when working or just when swing or arm in is used.

  1121. #1121samsonv82017-06-06 15:29

    it is worn out not building up as it should

  1122. #1122Kobelco ireland2017-06-06 15:36

    If you could get one from a 135sr it would be the same. Bussell plant in somerset in the UK would stock new and second hand valves

  1123. #1123Digger852017-06-07 10:50

    I've got an Sk135sr-3 2009 model, I just bought a tilt bucket for it and just cant seem to get it to tilt. It's piped into the auxiliaries on the boom properly and everything. there's oil going through the lines to each side of the bucket but the rams just don't move. When i undo the hoses the oil isn't under a lot of pressure which makes me think personally it's a lack of pressure but the again i have no clue really. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the excavators hydraulics system i might be pushing the wrong buttons what controls the tilt function? i know its bit of a rookie question but any advice would be great thanks

  1124. #1124Kobelco ireland2017-06-07 16:56

    Hi do you know if it has factory fitted 2 way piping if your not sure please post a picture of the pipe work on the boom. Also is there a third pedal on the floor on the cab

  1125. #1125Tags2017-06-07 20:06

    There is a valve that changes from single flow to bi-directional flow under the grey side cover kind of behind and to the right of the hydraulic tank. I believe it will be labeled with a B (for breaker) and N (for nibler) , you want it set on N. Also I'm sure you know this but where your lines hook up on the stick there should be some shut off valves that need to be opened. Then again, since you're in Australia, the machine may be set up differently than here in the states and everything I said could be garbage.....

  1126. #1126samsonv82017-06-09 01:42

    thank you Bussall plant are very good

  1127. #1127samsonv82017-06-23 13:36

    well still down ,just can,t find a valve

  1128. #1128samsonv82017-06-23 13:37
  1129. #1129samsonv82017-06-23 13:38

    View attachment 170300 looking for the one on the right main control valve sk 130 ur was given part no lp22v00001f1 any ideas please

  1130. #1130samsonv82017-06-30 01:48

    sorted now only tracking to sort out now

  1131. #1131Jerry T2017-07-01 22:28

    If you start your search without having any specific dealerships in mind yet, I suggest you start out with "marketplace" sites like machinery trader, tractorhouse... One that I like is Machinery Marketplace ( https://machinerymarketplace.net ) because it has pretty cool map to help users to find both EQ and local dealerships. Machinery Marketplace does not carry parts though. Bummer!

  1132. #1132samsonv82017-07-11 15:47

    recon its a wiring problem ,as pump 2 will not power up as it should

  1133. #1133gekkoen2017-07-13 12:35

    I'm considering buying an sk160lc-4 1997 model year the boom, stick and bucket moves as it should when you push the controls all the way, when moving slowly it bogs the engine way down and will stall if you don't let of the controls or go full on again The track and swing motions works perfectly. the display in the cab only say's "CHECK 1 error" the machine has a new hydraulic pump, new hydraulic oil and filters any thoughts on what could cause this,

  1134. #1134Rollie Tree2017-07-20 10:10

    I have an ed150 blade runner showing error for offset (L) sensor aND offset (R) sensor. I can't find any information on these or a location. The machine runs fine otherwise.

  1135. #1135Kobelco ireland2017-07-20 10:26

    If your remove the plate under the cab and look at the bottom on the offset pedal there will be two sensors coming out the side of it, these are offset left and right. It's would unusual for both sensors to go at the same time unless something pushed up the plate and damaged them or could be a wiring problem

  1136. #1136Rollie Tree2017-07-20 11:20

    I assume by offset pedal you mean the crawl/track pedals?? There are 4 sensors there and each one throws a different code when unplugged. This machine is NOT equipped with a offset boom, just a standard one, but IS equipped with a dozer blade, and everything works fine. I recently installed a new chasis wire harness due to a fire undertow hydraulic tank, but everything worked fine with no alarms for 2 months after that repair. I just don't know what the offset sensor does on this machine, or at least what system is at fault here. It is just not a term I am familiar with Edit: there is also NO foot pedal in this machine for auxiliary controls. It is all push buttons on the joy stick, with a separate stick for the blade

  1137. #1137Kobelco ireland2017-07-20 11:27

    Sorry I assumed it was a machine with an offset boom fitted if it was the pedal would be on the floor next to the track pedals. Did the two offset faults appear at the same time

  1138. #1138Rollie Tree2017-07-20 12:40

    Yes both at the same time

  1139. #1139Kobelco ireland2017-07-20 12:49

    And the fault is there all the time not just intermittently?

  1140. #1140Rollie Tree2017-07-20 13:16

    9Yes Yes all the time. Even key on engine off.

  1141. #1141Kobelco ireland2017-07-20 13:29

    OK firstly check the wiring from under the cab to the controller even tho your machine does not have an offset boom it should still have the wiring and connectors for it, if wiring is OK I am afraid the problem is inside the machine controller

  1142. #1142Rollie Tree2017-07-20 13:51

    There are two wire connectors that go it the area under the cab where the solenoids are that don't go anywhere, just capped off from the factory. Those must be them. That part of the harness is original. I will take the seat out and check the wiring tomorrow. Thank you

  1143. #1143Kobelco ireland2017-07-20 13:59

    Off the top of my head I think the ones you are looking for are marked se-21 and se-22. Also all the pressure sensors work at 0.5 to 5 volt so be careful when testing them

  1144. #1144Rollie Tree2017-07-21 12:00

    Could they possibly be sv-9 and sv-10? It seems the machine bogs the engine and stalls while tracking, so now I am back here to find the problem.

  1145. #1145Kobelco ireland2017-07-21 12:09

    Yes possibly I was thinking last night I was wrong saying 21&22

  1146. #1146Rollie Tree2017-07-21 12:31

    Sorry I found sv-21 & sv-22 but without having a service manual handy, I have no idea what is what.

  1147. #1147Kobelco ireland2017-07-21 12:39

    The wires you are looking for will be under the cab floor and won't be plugged into anything

  1148. #1148Rollie Tree2017-07-21 13:20

    Okay lol then I was trying to check solenoids that I didn't need to mess with. There are 4 plugs that don't go anywhere and are capped. I just left the machine to get a service manual, so I don't have the numbers off hand, but two in the center, one on far left, one on far right when looking up under the cab. It has all the symptoms of a plugged or broken PRV somewhere. Also the tank did not have pressure when I tried to release it, Which seemed odd as it is 105f degrees here today.

  1149. #1149Kobelco ireland2017-07-21 13:28

    The tank pressure realise valve is not great om them and goes faulty alot. Two of the four wires under the cab are marked se-11 and se-20 ignore those two. It's the other two for the offset L and R, I just can't think of the numbers for them

  1150. #1150Rollie Tree2017-07-21 13:36

    Ok . I don't understand how the offset sensors that aren't there could effect the travel of the machine, unless they are sending a false pilot signal to the mechatro controller and overloading the pumps???? Or possibly a bad controller internally? If I can trace the wires back to the controller and eliminate them from the system alltogether, the alarm should stop on the display, correct? Then leaving my to troubleshoot the travel issue....

  1151. #1151Kobelco ireland2017-07-21 13:39

    If you trace the wires back and disconnect them at the controller and the fault does not go away then the controller is broken

  1152. #1152samsonv82017-07-29 02:04

    working ok apart from the track speed and bucket dig,not showing any faults on screen ,help

  1153. #1153Sumeet2017-08-11 17:15

    Hello, I have a 2007 Kobelco ED150 Blade Runner YL05-00XXX. I just became aware that I can access many features through the Kobelco monitor. I had a few questions about accessing/resetting the computer via the buzzer stop, screen switch, and mode buttons. I held down the buzzer stop and screen switch together for 10 seconds with the ignition on and the screen displayed draining hyd pressure, the rpms dropped. What exactly is this doing? How long should I let the machine do this, is it a good thing? Are there any other serviceman adjustments/resetting I can do via the Kobelco monitor? Such as clearing error codes, adjusting machine parameters, viewing error logs, resetting oil change intervals, viewing advanced performance information of the machine (voltage, hyd pressures, turbo boost, etc), and any other things. If you may, please let me know what I can access through the kobelco monitor and the procedures to do it. Thank you in advance.

  1154. #1154samsonv82017-09-24 11:29

    its a old sk 130 ur yx01135 grey market i have been told, is it possible that it could be a problem on a bypass in the main block, the only manual i have is for the 135 , what would the spool look like . on the screen it has B6 bypass p2

  1155. #1155Rollie Tree2017-10-13 09:33

    I am having the same problem. The monitor used to go into service mode, now it just does this

  1156. #1156Rollie Tree2017-10-13 09:47

    Working on this same machine again... kobelco ed150 blade runner. The wire harness recently caught fire again. I found the dc-dc converter under the monitor was melted and not putting out 12v. Replaced dc-dc converter. Now the blade wont move. No pilot pressure at the valve body at all. There is a blade on/off button on the console that appears to run into the mechatro controller (green/white wire) I have 24v at the switch until turned on, then nothing. Good continuity from mechatro connector to on/off swith connector. Also found several diodes under mechatro, all test good. I can't find a good diagram for the dozer circuit. How does the on/off swith control the pilot pressure for the dozero blade? There must be a way to trick the system so that the switch is always on as long as the safety arm is up. ?????

  1157. #1157Rollie Tree2017-10-13 09:49

    Also I have 6v at the low pressure switch. The machine will Rev up when pilot pressure is applied. I was able to lift the blade by tapping into the swing pilot line so that it can be moved, but get nothing when I work the joystick.

  1158. #1158BOJON2017-11-08 15:07

    Hi all, I am attempting to do the adjust procedure for the throttle stepper motor on a SK200LC-3. I have no luck getting into the adjust mode. The display just shows the wrench and the text "1 CHECK", what does that indicate? I also have a question about the mode switch located in the hole at the rear facing panel of the right hand pulpit. What is it used for? I have no operators manual so it is hard to guess.

  1159. #1159samsonv82017-11-19 03:50

    B2 not B6

  1160. #1160quy19022018-08-13 04:08
  1161. #1161quy19022018-08-13 04:16

    Hello shinigamix2x I live in Vietnam. You can send me the manual shop of sk 75ur-3. Thanks you. email: [email protected]

  1162. #1162Paulkobelco2018-08-22 21:57

    Hello! Please help!!! Kobelco 75 ur-3 I have a problemwith rotation - rotation only begins after another operation is started... Should I change pressure sensors on the main pump? Solenoids? it also appears that the bucket is having the same problem only that it is not that noticable as it is usually opearated simultaneously. Also, does anyone have a manual, any documentation for 75ur-3? Please please please My email is [email protected] Thankful for any any advice or help

  1163. #1163LACHAU2018-08-23 01:36

    Hi, Your excavator is SK75UR-3 or SK75UR-3E? I have SK75UR-3E only.

  1164. #1164Paulkobelco2018-08-23 02:05

    Hello there!!! Sk75 ur-3e will do for the time being! It will be much much appreciated!!!

  1165. #1165Paulkobelco2018-08-23 03:27

    Please please please! Can you send me this manual.

  1166. #1166Thebrumby2018-08-23 03:40

    I have an sk75 ur too and also have exact same problem, i can only slew when i use the left track

  1167. #1167Thebrumby2018-08-23 03:41

    I have an English workshop manual for it too

  1168. #1168LACHAU2018-08-23 03:47

    Sent already, pleased check mail.

  1169. #1169LACHAU2018-08-23 04:55

    Pleased see images below.

  1170. #1170Paulkobelco2018-08-23 11:33

    I will keep you posted on progress

  1171. #1171Thebrumby2018-08-26 06:31

    Hi paul, any progress with the issue? I have my own thread on this problem, there’s also another person with same issue

  1172. #1172Paulkobelco2018-08-28 19:37

    Hello! Not yet- only printed the manual, - catching last summer days before weather changes. Couple more weeks at least.

  1173. #1173Sourov12018-11-17 07:34

    Sir, I need a service manual for kobelco sk210lc-8. Can you help me.My mail is [email protected] . Thanks in advance

  1174. #1174tool_king2018-11-17 09:24

    Service manual is emailed to you .

  1175. #1175Paulkobelco2018-11-17 14:52

    Ok! It seems to be

  1176. #1176Paulkobelco2018-11-17 15:05

    I had a problem with kobelco 75 ur where swing movement didn't work without a second operation. At the same time a similar problem was creeping in where bucket movement was slow and it required a simultanious second operation fot propet work. The problem apears to be with this part. (Attached photos) I believe it is responsible for udjusment of electronically restraining it's operations that will harm the dozer or tracks, and most likely the depth control. Once simply unplugged excavator began working properly. I intend to however buy this part after I find where to buy one and if anyone knows any analogs would be much appreciated!!!

  1177. #1177tool_king2018-11-17 16:28

    You can order that part from Amazon .Just put the part number in google and will take right the Amazon list first on. It is called pressure sensor .

  1178. #1178Sourov12018-11-17 22:40

    Thank you so much

  1179. #1179Sourov12018-11-18 06:01

    Sir, I have a kobelco sk210lc-8.it was running well but now days it is running slow.Before the problem my excavator load a truck in 5mins but now its taking 10 mins.What can i do?Please suggest me Thank you

  1180. #1180Tones2018-11-19 06:26

    Well brumby , I can't be any further help to you on this or your thread as I quit the job,but before I did a bloke arrived on site from Kobelco,was told what the problem was. He blamed the operator(me) and drove off. 2 weeks later another bloke arrived on site and reckoned the slew bearing and truion bearing hadn't been greased which was total BS. Neither of then accessed the computer to fault find. I'm now considering buying my own machine and Kobelco is not on my list, I'll buy Chinese before them.

  1181. #1181Sourov12018-11-20 05:01

    Recently i have bought a used kobelco sk210lc-8 S/n YQ1106537.I am new about this. Can any one help me which grade lubrication add to. Engine oil grade? Hydraulic oil grade? Gear oil grade?

  1182. #1182lawrielzee2018-11-23 20:33

    Can you please help me with service manual for kobelco 200sr grand beetle.

  1183. #1183dem09212018-11-28 10:33

    I'm looking for a shop manual for a 2006 sk 115 sr dz. Anyone have an idea on where to look or who to contact?

  1184. #1184dem09212018-11-28 15:30

    I found a download for $15.00. https://www.tradebit.com/DL/T181128104325-3fa1

  1185. #1185dem09212018-11-28 15:32

    Does anyone know if a 2006 Kobelco sk115srdz is designed not to pick itself up with the hoe and blade? The one i have will not and i am wondering if it is just by design. the machine operates well in every aspect that i have seen so far.

  1186. #1186Tags2018-12-01 17:11

    I have an earlier 115SRDZ, it will pick itself up. I typically pick up the blade side first then use a combo of the bucket, stick, and boom functions to pick up the other side.

  1187. #1187Sourov12019-01-17 09:43

    I have a kobelco sk125sr. YV06-05889.It was running well but after some months it has some times black smoke and some white smoke.I have changed the injector 5 times means 20 pieces injectors i have been changed.after changing injectors 1 week or 1 months run well but again comes the black smoke. Can any one help me please

  1188. #1188LACHAU2019-01-17 23:26

    Here 's your need. Good luck.

  1189. #1189LACHAU2019-01-17 23:55

    Here you are.

  1190. #1190Sourov12019-01-18 06:35

    Sir.can you give me the service manual for kobelco sk125sr.It will be very helpful for me.my email is [email protected] Thanks in advance

  1191. #1191LACHAU2019-01-19 00:18

    Sure. It has been sent to you. Please check mail.

  1192. #1192Sourov12019-01-19 07:34

    Thank you so much.i have received your mail. Thanks

  1193. #1193Kyaw Lwin oo2019-02-05 01:10

    Sir I have sk200-6e and replace the controller .There is an error rom.data fail error.I want to know how to fix it

  1194. #1194Kyaw Lwin oo2019-02-05 01:12

    Do you have sk200-6e service manual.Can you give me sir

  1195. #1195Kobelco ireland2019-02-05 04:53

    Hi after fitting the new controller you need to carry out the A adjustment to set the new controller and throttle stepping motor to work together

  1196. #1196Kyaw Lwin oo2019-02-05 12:04

    Thank you Sir. I don't know how to adjust and I haven't service manual

  1197. #1197Kyaw Lwin oo2019-02-06 00:59

    It can't work together with new controller and stepper motor well.It show rom data faillure and stepper motoe S/P faillure error.

  1198. #1198LACHAU2019-02-07 00:44

    It's difficult to perform Adjustment! Be careful. I think that first you should check the Program Version of Controller whether compliant with SK200-6E or not. Then show your email address, i 'll send to u the shop manual.

  1199. #1199Kyaw Lwin oo2019-02-07 01:10

    Thank you Sir , My email address is [email protected]

  1200. #1200LACHAU2019-02-07 01:47

    Already sent. Pleased check your mail.

  1201. #1201LACHAU2019-02-07 01:56

    @Kobelco ireland : you're correct.

  1202. #1202gearheadred2019-02-21 14:28

    Here is the Kobelco SK200-6E SK200LC-6E SK210-6E SK210LC-6E SK210NLC-6E Service Repair Workshop Manual

  1203. #1203Sourov12019-03-02 15:00

    Sir, can you resent me the kobelco sk125sr-2 service manual to my mail address [email protected] Thanks in advance

  1204. #1204Sourov12019-03-16 13:20

    Sir Can you sent me the service manual for kobelco sk125sr-2 S/N:YV06-05889 My email is [email protected]

  1205. #1205Sourov12019-03-20 04:15

    I have kobelco sk125sr-2.S/n: Yv06-05889.I have bought it secondhand.I have no service manual and error code list.It has showing many error codes like 01021,06351,06371etc.Can you have me please. My email is [email protected]

  1206. #1206Studerk2019-05-25 10:12

    Can someone please help with our 160lc we have no power to move it or operate it’s locked out

  1207. #1207Studerk2019-05-25 10:23
  1208. #1208Studerk2019-05-25 10:25

    My machine will not operate the hydraulic system is locked out. We jumped the one solenoid but it still didn’t fire it up to move. Any suggestions would be helpful as we have materials to move. We also swapped out the solenoid we thought was bad with another and it didn’t work either.

  1209. #1209Kobelco ireland2019-05-25 10:26

    Does engine start and run with no hydraulic functions

  1210. #1210Kobelco ireland2019-05-25 10:27

    Can you post picture of solenoid you replaced and I can tell you if your at the correct one

  1211. #1211gearheadred2019-05-25 13:28

    Is it a Kobelco SK160 LC ?

  1212. #1212guest2019-05-25 15:07

    Looking for little help just got new to me Kobleco SK210 YQ12U-4872 it will not swing while traveling shows code BO73 Thanks,Tomcat

  1213. #1213gearheadred2019-05-25 16:30

    Here is the Kobelco SK200-6E SK200LC-6E SK210-6E SK210-6ES SK210LC-6E SK210LC-6ES SK210NLC-6ES Crawler Excavator Service Repair Shop Manual

  1214. #1214LACHAU2019-05-26 23:54

    That fault code shows the swing low pressure sensor's disconnected.

  1215. #1215LACHAU2019-05-27 03:34

    The location of swing pressure sennsor as below image.

  1216. #1216guest2019-05-27 08:04

    Thanks found the unplugged wire plugged in machine works as it should Mucho Gracias, Tomcat

  1217. #1217Kyaw Lwin oo2019-11-30 10:37
  1218. #1218Kyaw Lwin oo2019-11-30 11:18

    Can change language japanese to english in kobelco my sk75ur-3 saver

  1219. #1219Kyaw Lwin oo2019-11-30 11:41

    Hello Mr kobelco I have japan used kobelco sk75ur-3 YR04-0853 .It cannot run smoothly and slow .Bucket and Swing are cannot run only. But can run combine with left travel It display errors A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 .How can I adjust the angel sensor of boon arm and offset.Thank you for your time.

  1220. #1220LACHAU2019-12-03 02:25

    Follow the images below.

  1221. #1221Kyaw Lwin oo2019-12-04 20:04

    Thank you Sir.

  1222. #1222Kyaw Lwin oo2019-12-04 20:08

    Do you service manual fosk75Ur-3 Can you give me the service manual ? Thank you for your reply.My email is [email protected]

  1223. #1223Sourov12020-01-02 16:39

    Sir can you give the service manual again. I have lost it.please help me [email protected]

  1224. #1224Auagminer2020-01-28 01:19

    Greetings to all from Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico. My first post in this forum. I need some help with a Kodelco SK210CL-9 excavator, Serial number: R0003573, Product identification number: YQ13-10215. The machine belongs to a client and it has some serious electrical problems due to having been submerged for some time. The owner purchased several wire harnesses and apparently his mechanic quit halfway through the harness installation. We need the complete electrical diagrams (or better yet...the complete shop/service manual) for the above mentioned Kobelco excavator so we can get it up and running. The manuals we've located online are for Asia and Oceania and are not correct. Any help with locating this information would be greatly appreciated. My email: [email protected]

  1225. #1225kobelcopower2020-01-28 12:58

    My sk75ur startd engine stalling today with the stick function any reason why Mr kobelco Thank you

  1226. #1226NickinAustralia2020-03-24 07:30

    Hi, I'm new here. I've just purchased a used SK75UR-YR02213, I'm looking for both the owners and service manuals. Its not had a great service life so i need to get on top of the maintenance before I start using it. email is [email protected] Thanks

  1227. #1227Phil P2020-03-24 08:01

    Hi I only have them in hard copy but the parts manual is on line I will see if I can find a link for you. You will find even with the serial number the correct parts are hard to get. Phil P

  1228. #1228NickinAustralia2020-03-24 08:23

    Spoke to a local dealer today, he was a bit unsure and a few weeks out of Japan and Corona Virus. Thought i'd look for a download.

  1229. #1229LACHAU2020-03-27 07:29

    It's here. Good luck. https://www.mediafire.com/file/arz75r0dfnasph0/SK75UR-2_Operation_Manual.pdf/file

  1230. #1230NickinAustralia2020-03-27 21:34

    Thanks, thats a big help!

  1231. #1231tool_king2020-03-28 21:10

    I can email the Case version of the service manual .What's your email address?

  1232. #1232NickinAustralia2020-04-15 08:29

    [email protected]

  1233. #1233NickinAustralia2020-04-15 08:31

    Don't have a parts book too do you. Can't find one of them either. My swivel joint is leaking. its a fountain of hydraulic oil. Seems damn hard to get at. Is there a shop manual as well? Must be a trick to it or pull the cab off.

  1234. #1234Frank862020-04-15 16:17

    hello I have a kobelco k 905 lc mark 2 1989, have someone tried using a electric 6-2 valve solenoid to split fluid on bucket cylinder to operate a tilt bucket, its an old machine and the cost is to high to buy aftermarket parts to the control valve block and all plumbing/parts that it needs. any experience?

  1235. #1235NickinAustralia2020-04-15 16:32

    Non . I've only just got this SK75. Still trying to get the quick hitch working myself!

  1236. #1236tool_king2020-04-15 22:16

    I emailed you the manual.

  1237. #1237LACHAU2020-04-15 23:19

    Here you are. Good luck.

  1238. #1238WanderingEngineer2020-04-27 21:26

    Hi, does anyone have a service manual for an SK35SR-2E SN PX11-10121?

  1239. #1239Big-Mike-882020-06-30 15:46

    Hi, I have an SK75UR-2 YR03796 I am looking for a shop manual that tells me where to hook up my pressure gauges and what my pressures should be. It has started having issues killing the engine when pressure is applied against the bucket, (i.e trying to dig). I believe I am having relief valve issues, but would like to check it out. Thanks. email - [email protected]

  1240. #1240kobelcopower2020-07-01 02:32

    Hey sup .. Can you email me the manual of sk75ur-2 on [email protected] Would be thankful

  1241. #1241kobelcopower2020-07-01 02:37

    Hey can you send me the complete shop manual of sk75ur to my account thanks [email protected] Will be thankful

  1242. #1242tool_king2020-07-01 19:46

    manual sent you.

  1243. #1243tool_king2020-07-01 19:46

    Manual sent to you .

  1244. #1244stuntheavy2020-07-26 18:09

    Any idea if it’s possible to operate a sk100-3 without any electronics? Got one that’s been shorted out pretty badly and can’t find a harness for it.

  1245. #1245kyle kapustynski2021-01-19 11:18

    i have an Sk80 and im wondering how to turn the pressure up on the hydro pump seems extremely low powered and we have been threw it top to bottom

  1246. #1246tool_king2021-01-19 11:25

    Would you like service manual what is your email ?

  1247. #1247kyle kapustynski2021-01-19 12:06

    [email protected]

  1248. #1248Kobelco ireland2021-01-19 16:20

    Hi how many hours on the machine. When was the last time an A-adjustment was carried out on machine. Have you checked pump pressure with gauges, if you have and all pressures are with in spec I suggest you carry out an A-adjustment

  1249. #1249tool_king2021-01-19 16:34

    books on the way to you.

  1250. #1250Kobelco ireland2021-01-19 16:36

    Also please check for any fault codes on lcd display on the front of the cpu

  1251. #1251LACHAU2021-01-20 00:32

    I would like to get one too. Please send it in our conversation.

  1252. #1252tool_king2021-01-20 21:36

    Whats your email?

  1253. #1253LACHAU2021-01-21 03:15

    This is my email: [email protected] . Thanks in advance.

  1254. #1254Banks432021-06-20 02:25

    Hello everyone.. Newbie here..and in desperate need of help... I just bought a 2000 Kobelco SK250LC....ser # LL08-U0167... 1st question.. can someone verify this is a Mark IV series? 2nd and most important... Left track is very slow...but checked oil in final drive.. seems fine and no burnt smell... tractor has 11k hours.... thanks for any and all suggestions...

  1255. #1255Tones2021-06-20 02:49

    Worn seals in the swivel joint is the most likely cause. But to be sure pressure test it or swap the hoses if possible. If it has pipes then the first option is the only one.

  1256. #1256Kobelco ireland2021-06-20 18:04

    Year 2000 serial no LL08 should be a - 6 machine but please post a picture of machine including a picture of the hydraulic pumps to be sure. Also carry out cycle times on all functions so we can figure out if problem is isolated to just track or if you have a problem with the pump driving that track. Could be something as simple as faulty pump sensor but cycle times will confirm this

  1257. #1257Banks432021-06-24 20:28
  1258. #1258Banks432021-06-24 20:30
  1259. #1259thomp865402021-11-23 13:55

    I would like to find a service and parts manual for a 2008 sk210lc-6 if any one can help Thanks.

  1260. #1260tool_king2021-11-23 23:23

    What is your email ? I can email one to you .

  1261. #1261thomp865402021-11-24 12:03

    [email protected] Thanks Brad

  1262. #1262Rickyb19682021-12-13 19:08

    I have a 2005 Kobelco sk135. The main hydro motor has been replaced. Both final drive pumps have been replaced. Here is my problem 1. Some times after running the machine it loses all functions with the sticks. When you move a stick it powers back up but nothing moves. Let it sit for a few minutes and starts working. 2 problem. Sometimes the swing speed gets real slow and if you work the bucket with the other stick it speeds swing speed up. Also it will track real slow and work the bucket or arm, boom it will speed up tracks. thanks for the help.

  1263. #1263Jimmie Rogers2021-12-16 15:11
  1264. #1264Jimmie Rogers2021-12-16 15:11

    210-9 can you clear codes b103 and b173 for def issues without a computer after repair?

  1265. #1265Kobelco ireland2021-12-16 16:37

    Are b 103 and b 173 flashing on the main screen

  1266. #1266Kobelco ireland2021-12-16 16:44

    OK my first question is why were the pumps and motors replaced. Were these problems there before the parts were replaced or did problems only occur after the replacement.

  1267. #1267Jimmie Rogers2021-12-16 16:44

    Yes flashing that and also def injection failure

  1268. #1268Kobelco ireland2021-12-16 16:49

    B 103 is teft travel pressure sensor B173 is is p2 opt. Pressure sensor Def injection is separate problem

  1269. #1269Jimmie Rogers2021-12-16 17:37

    Ok I’m only worried about the def injection issue right now. Thanks for the information.

  1270. #1270WWWtech2021-12-28 09:01

    I have a Sk210lc SRL#YQ07U0258. When you apply both right and left walking levers the machines moves about two feet then derates so hard i almost kissed the glass, could here the pump loading up. if you move some of the upper implements while walking the pump stops loading and will walk faster but not at full capacity. the machine does this in both low and high track. If you move only one track it operates like normal. all upper implements operate like normal. The monitor on the machine does not work, and the company does not currently want to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

  1271. #1271Kobelco ireland2021-12-28 10:35

    Unfortunately all the data you need to check is displayed through the monitor screen.

  1272. #1272WWWtech2021-12-31 15:36

    Is there any way to manually check the pressures or possible bypassing? If there is how would I go about it?

  1273. #1273Kyle Helmke2022-03-21 22:16

    Check make sure p1/p2 pressure sensors are hooked back up properly

  1274. #1274Kyle Helmke2022-03-21 22:19

    Has this machine always done this or did it happen suddenly. Sounds like an issue with the straight travel circuit possibly.

  1275. #1275Aubrey Phillips2022-03-22 11:40

    Sub...

  1276. #1276santikko2022-08-21 07:23

    Hi! Does someone have manuals for 2003 sk135 sr(lc)? Porinraudoitus(at)gmail.com Is there some hidden menus or something, where you can make some adjustments? Only hidden menu or feature i know, is where you can read pressures and voltages.

  1277. #1277anwat2022-08-25 04:40

    Thank you Mr kobelco I got problem with kobelco excavator Sk130-8 Got an engine control issue , it is a repetitive engine speed down trouble When the code 06531 poped up, try to swap the ECU but that did not seem the problem, previous problem was code of 01102 & 06362 Try to solve by swapping with the related sensors but those did not seem solve and the cause of the problem The excavator has become unreliable during this cycle of errors, does the issue come from the failed engine set wiring harness?

  1278. #1278LACHAU2022-08-26 08:22

    Unfortunately, I've never seen error codes like this with the SK130-8! Can you take a few pictures of these codes while the machine gets these error codes? Is the engine of the machine Mitsubishi D04FR-TAA?

  1279. #1279Queensland Dave2022-08-29 07:05

    Hey mate, can you email me the workshop manual for an SK75Ur-2, thanks I advance! [email protected]

  1280. #1280Queensland Dave2022-08-29 07:08

    Hey Nick, did you have any luck with this? It is looking like I may have the same issues with a new to me machine I got on the weekend.

  1281. #1281anwat2022-09-02 03:09

    thanks mr lachau for your kind reply, we finally try to swap the ecu wiring harness with another unit which perform normally and the problem solved , it could be from bad contact of connector terminals , but until now we cannot sort out the exact source of issue , as the suspected harness installed to another unit behave normally too

  1282. #1282Galvin Duesler2022-09-12 13:52

    Hey there! I have a Kobelco SK45SR PY-07123. I'm looking to replace the travel cables. Would anyone know the part # or anywhere I could get aftermarket cables? Also I'd like to order all the seal kits for the control valve as well as the pilot valves. If someone could point me in the right direction it would e much appreciated!

  1283. #1283Anthony Serpico2022-11-01 21:51

    Hello, I see this is rather old thread but figured I’d try anyways. I have a 150 mark III with the same display problem, were you able to remedy it?

  1284. #1284TomTom3452022-11-09 20:24

    Was there any outcome with this? having similar problems with our SK350-8 and SK500-9

  1285. #1285Butch Dixon2022-12-11 22:00

    I have a sk200lc-4. 2944 model number. The crowd cylinder will go out but when it comes back in it will reach the point of balance and stop when the hydraulic oil catches up it will start coming in. I have replaced the relief valve and made sure that the filter in the shuttle valve system was not stopped up I also put new hoses on it Incase they were compromised inside the house. What have i missed. Everything else seems okay except for the right side track. It is week going forward but will climb a tree in reverse.

  1286. #1286Alterboy2023-04-19 04:51

    HI , YOu wouldnt happen to have the Shop Manual for the Kobelco 1981 SR 70 . THANKS for your help TOM

  1287. #1287Phil P2023-04-19 05:39

    Alterboy I know we have the operators manual and parts manual I will have to look and see if we have shop manual. Phil P

  1288. #1288Alterboy2023-04-19 06:51

    Thank you Phil , I might need the operators and parts manual too. . On another note do they sell rebuilt kits for the step motor. Bushings etc ? THANKS AGAIN

  1289. #1289tool_king2023-04-19 17:45

    Tom what's is your email ?

  1290. #1290Alterboy2023-04-19 18:45

    [email protected] what is yours ?

  1291. #1291Phil P2023-04-19 21:19

    Alterboy I would be happy to try and lookup parts for you but we are in the process of rebuilding the undercarriage. The entire electronic control system has been replaced by manual controls engine throttle and all. So not much help from me on that as it never worked correctly any way so I just did away with it. The only thing we use the unit for is cleaning irrigation ditches. We have many miles of ditches on the ranch. Phil P

  1292. #1292tool_king2023-04-19 22:27

    [email protected] Manuals are on the way .

  1293. #1293Alterboy2023-04-20 03:11

    THANK YOU PHIL - THIS IS HUGE

  1294. #1294cstaples52023-04-25 23:18

    2005 Kobelco 115sr hydraulic pump went, flushed system replaced pump. Machine operates fine as long as two functions are being used. If you only use swing or dig ect. it is very slow if you add another function it operates normal. Any ideas?

  1295. #1295nathad2023-05-08 03:32

    May be a dumb question but I’ll risk it. On a K907 LC II, is it possible to replace the oil seal on the swing motor from underneath without having to remove the swing motor from the machine? Its possible I’m asking the wrong question because sometimes things are possible but not necessarily advisable.

  1296. #1296ricardo20232023-06-15 23:46

    Hola, tengo problemas con una excavadora sk200, el monitor tiene mala pantalla, la maquina prende, se mueve pero sin fuerza, muy lento, pero todos los controles cumplen su funcion. El motor paso a paso estaba equipado con una cuerda de aceleración manual, mi pregunta es usando una cuerda eliminando el motor paso a paso de aceleración, ¿funciona bien la máquina o qué puede estar fallando? Soy de Punta Arenas, región antártica chilena, uso un traductor para escribir un mensaje para que se pueda malinterpretar, creo. metroi correo [email protected] agradezco cualquier tipo de ayuda

  1297. #1297ricardo20232023-06-15 23:47
  1298. #1298Phil P2023-06-17 08:25

    Hi This is a very complex control system. We have corrected the only problem we have had on our machine by installing manual control cable to the throttle to bypass the electronic system. Phil P

  1299. #1299ricardo20232023-06-17 14:04

    Thank you

  1300. #1300ricardo20232023-06-19 12:54

    hola me pueden ayudar diganme de que año es su excavadora kobelco sk200 y me pueden compartir una foto de su controlador que esta detras del asiento, en mi caso descubrí que cambiaron el controlador mi excavadora es de 1996 y le pusieron uno de 2007 en adelante La falla puede estar aquí. Todavía lo estoy evaluando. Lo compre hace 2 semanas y necesito el control para que funcione la bomba hidraulica

  1301. #1301ricardo20232023-06-19 12:57

    Imagenes de mi excavadora

  1302. #1302ricardo20232023-06-20 01:53

    Hola excavadora sk200v le cambiaron la cpu necesito saber cual comprar, y sensores de presion de la bomba hidraulica es una kawasaki

  1303. #1303ricardo20232023-06-20 01:57

    Descubri que cambiaron la cpu de la excavadora que compre tiene una con fecha 2007 y la excavadora es 1996 una sk200v Si tienes una me puedes compartir una foto de tu cpu

  1304. #1304Ste-NI2023-06-25 16:57

    Hi all, I am purchasing a 1998 Kobelco SK030 serial pw03.... with yanmar engine. Would anyone have service and user manuals for it?

  1305. #1305santikko2023-06-25 23:24

    Can someone send me a sk135 srlc 2003 service manual? [email protected] I Haven some issues after replacing The step motor.

  1306. #1306ricardo20232023-06-26 08:00

    SCribd hay manuales busca mechatro y los pasos a seguir desde el monitor cuando cambias motor u otro componente

  1307. #1307ricardo20232023-06-26 08:01

    Estoy leyendo "17151962-KS1S1S1S1-Kobelco_Sk115sr-1es_Sk135sr-1e_Sk135srlc-1e_Sk135srl-1e" en Scribd. Leelo: https://www.scribd.com/doc/495916959

  1308. #1308ricardo20232023-06-28 11:24

    August 23, 2005 S000-60-K005 _

  1309. #1309Jouster2024-01-20 17:40

    After workshop manual and advice Hi have a sk220 mark v, ser no. LQ-03319. Monitor is shot and thousands to replace on this old machine. Everything works well enough but would like to speed up hydraulics. Hoping could add power and a manual switch to one of the solenoids on the pump to increase flow. Am after a workshop manual to properly identify the Hyd schematics. Thanks for any help you might give. jouster.

  1310. #1310tool_king2024-01-20 18:25

    I see you are in Australia . So that might be a small issue . We have company here called H&R Equipent they are machine salvage . They might a have good used one . I have a manual in pdf form if you like .What is your email ? https://www.hrparts.com 1-800-333-0650

  1311. #1311Jouster2024-01-20 19:18

    That would be great. It’s [email protected] Cheers

  1312. #1312Phil P2024-01-21 07:50

    Hello Jouster Here is what I did with our machine. Disconnect the solenoid on the throttle side of the machine. I my case the engine is a Cummins. Then I installed a throttle cable from the cab to the engine governor control arm. This requires some fabrication but not anything that can’t be performed using a drill press, Die grinder and vice. This worked quite well in our machine, which is worn out, but we will keep using it to clean irrigation ditches until it will no longer move. Phil P

  1313. #1313Lazman2024-04-05 08:54

    Hello, I have a 1988 Kobelco K916LC Serial: YS-0124. Had the Cylinder for the ARM have the packing go bad. After having the cylinder repaired we also drained the hydraulic oil, changed the filters and cleaned the sump screen and cleaned the tank of debris. Refilled with new hydraulic oil. Starting the machine the ARM woul extend but not come in, also the buckt will close but bot open. We checked the valve controlers for these functions and found no problems. The bucket has one control valve so I switched the actuators which now had the bucket opening but not closing. Reviewed the actuators internal parts and found no problems, nothing broken or injured. Does anyone have a manual for the conrol valves for this machine? Since the parts book I have for the machine does not include the control valves does anyone know where I can get one? I want to get new parts for the acuators.

  1314. #1314Kjell2024-04-10 03:52

    Kobelco changed model in 1988 from K916 to K916MK2. Is your machine a K916 or a K916MK2? Have you checked the pilotpressure at the controlvalve and checked there is no pressure at the pilot hose on the other side of the valve at the same time?

  1315. #1315Lazman2024-04-10 07:06

    Hello Kjell, Yes this is a K916LC Kobelco. We checked the pilot pump which is in great shape. We have not checked the pilot pressure at the control valve. We'll get that set up and test the pressures.

  1316. #1316Kjell2024-04-10 07:32

    If the pilot pressure not is correct on both sides at the main hydraulic valve there is a shuttle valve between the joysticks and the main hydraulic valve. I suggest you disconnect the pilothoses to the bucket from the shuttlevalve before the shuttlevalve and check the pilotpressure. If pilotpressure is correct before the shuttlevalve you have reasons to take a closer look at the shuttlevalve. If you dont have any hydraulic circuit diagram you can find at www maskinisten.net/downloads.

  1317. #1317Lazman2024-04-10 07:33

    Hello Welder Dave, The Pilot pump was tested and it's in great shape, pressure is at top level. I've worked the functions in both directions but I'll try it again for a longer period. We've had all cylinders rebuilt over the past three years and never had a problem with air in the system. But we'll do the slow bleed.

  1318. #1318perryskorp2024-04-29 21:23

    Hello, does anyone have a K909lc II shop manual? Serial number LLU-0169, code should be S5LQ0003E-02. Thanks.

  1319. #1319gearheadred2024-04-29 22:38

    Here is the Kobelco K909lc II shop manual...... https://kobelcomanual.com/store/pro...manual-k909-ii-ll-1201-k909lc-ii-lq-1601-pdf/

  1320. #1320perryskorp2024-04-30 06:46

    Thanks, I’m a little suspicious of these online pdfs. Can anyone else vouch for the website?

  1321. #1321jim972024-08-06 20:15

    kobelco 200 sk mark 3 yqu 1535 glow plug logo on screen and fuel light flashing

  1322. #1322Helipilot2024-08-17 07:46

    Hi Mr Kobelco and all we have a 1998 Kobelco 130LC Mk4 YPU1334 with a track locking issue, the LH track is locking up intermittently when tracking both forwards and rear wards there is a small weepage (no drips evident) of oil around the spool under the H frame and other than that the hydraulics are fine, we have changed the sprocket and drive links as we thought it was due to wear but its still doing the same locking up every couple of yards driven. we have removed the outer protective cover on the track and would ideally like to know more about the Hydash drive unit to see what to check next. There are three 1 inch lines and one 1/2 inch line to the Hydash I'm assuming that one of the 1 inch lines is a common return and the other two are fwd/rev and the 1/2 inch line is for a locking mechanism that prevents movement on an incline when not commanded by the operator if so can we check the pressure on this line to determine where the fault is at. If (Im not a mechanic though) that’s how it works then I assume that as this 1/2 inch line is “T“ eed of the spool under the H frame to both tracks if it was a pressure issue then this fault would be on both tracks and as its only on the LH track it most probably an issue with the LH Hydash unit ?

  1323. #1323Tones2024-08-17 17:40

    I reckon you should be looking at the planetary hub, it could have a busted tooth floating around in there. Draining the oil would let you see any metal contamination.

  1324. #1324HATCHEQUIP2024-08-19 09:34

    Tones that I reckon sounds down right southern

  1325. #1325Helipilot2024-08-20 03:25

    Hi Tones due to the age of the machine we are struggling to get the filler or drain plug out to check, I will try again after letting it soak with releasing fluid. What is the correct size drive for the drain plug ?

  1326. #1326HATCHEQUIP2024-08-20 08:31

    1/2 or 3/4 I think if you cant get it loose just put a big pan under it and pull the whole cover then you can work on the plug after inspecting the gears

  1327. #1327Tones2024-08-21 02:05

    A square hole will be 1/2 or 3/4, a hex hole will be the appropriate Allen Key size. If posable check the oil level in the hub prior to draining, if it's over full then theres a problem with the hyd motor

  1328. #1328Mullo2024-10-07 07:03

    Would like to know how hydraulic pressure release is done on Sk200-8

  1329. #1329Rain2024-12-08 05:02

    Hi, did you find the cause? I have same issue but cant find any answers here

  1330. #1330southernman132024-12-08 06:11

    I had a John Deere 200c had same symptoms. Mine was bad hydraulic pump

  1331. #1331CoyoteDigger2025-04-14 14:45

    Hello, I have an SK130. Can anyone explain how to remove the starter motor, or point me to a manual that explains the process? Thank you.

  1332. #1332Helipilot2025-04-15 02:54

    Finally had time to work on the Kobelco again and removed the HyDash drive plate (we couldn't free off the drain/fill plugs) and its bone dry !!! all three bearings have damage and needs replacing. Question is it possible to replace the planet bearings whilst in-situ as if you look at the previous picture the steel hydraulic pipes look like they will shear before releasing on the unions ?

  1333. #1333HATCHEQUIP2025-04-15 09:19

    Might try heating and pecking on those hose ends but they need to come off. Cause that final will need to come down its got more bearings back behind that planitary and the seals need to be replaced that leaked the oil out to begin with. Need to inspect the gears and shafts good.

  1334. #1334Tones2025-04-15 15:10

    There's another set of planetary gears behind what you can see in the pic. The large bearing that you'll find is proprietary to HiDash, except a good sized bill for that one.

  1335. #1335aerooptic2025-04-16 10:18

    Hello there, I have a Kobelco 80CS that after parked the Boom swivel will not move. Everything else is fine, however can not get the boom swivel to move with foot pedal. Sounds like its locks as you can here the engine bog when foot pedal is pressed. I have tried hitting the switch on left hand side, (release) however no luck. Anyone have any insite or a manual? if so aerooptic@gmail. com

  1336. #1336Langfarm2025-04-17 07:51

    New to Excavator ownership. Kobelco SK140SRLC-5 SN.YH08-11871 Installing a Hydraulic Thumb is there any special settings we need to do or just put it on nibbler attachment setting? Thanks Alvin Langford

  1337. #1337Jeff bert2025-04-20 16:48

    I am in need of a operators manual for a SK 60 lll. Where do you fill the swing gear sump? Thanks

  1338. #1338Kyle Helmke2025-04-27 20:46

    you will have to set pressure and flow settings to the thumb manufacturer settings.

  1339. #1339IntarsS2025-06-04 15:57

    Hello, i bought sk250nlc -6 LL08-03289, restored fuel system (injectors,pump) and excavator is living his own life, sometimes it working perfect, sometime is super slow, sometimes he dont want move arm forward, and sometimes he close and open bucket 10 slower,stalling on simple move like lowering boom. what it could be? i have worked like 15 hours total on it.

  1340. #1340Kyle Helmke2025-06-06 20:57

    sounds like an electrical issue just based on it being so internment and random. could also be metal in the hydraulic system getting stuck in circuits randomly. would need to start by checking pilot and system pressures when the issue is occurring

  1341. #1341aerooptic2025-06-06 20:58

    I just need to get a manual and figure out which solenoid to test.

  1342. #1342IntarsS2025-06-08 04:04

    thankyou, will check. if that's metal debris stuck in system should it go trough filter? And it usually starting to get weird after warmup +-2hours. As electric system L swing sensor had random 5V signal loss, i cut wire and feed it from R swing rate 5V cable.

  1343. #1343IntarsS2025-06-24 06:23

    it had wrong main hydraulic pipe connection and and wrong connection to negative sensors. problem solved !

  1344. #1344IntarsS2025-06-25 10:09

    i have 1 more question, how i can turn off POWER BOOST 19, i cant turn of by button. only switch to heavy lift.

  1345. #1345Kyle Helmke2025-06-27 15:53

    unplug the button in the right joystick it's probably stuck

  1346. #1346IntarsS2025-06-30 06:23

    thankyou, last bug on my excavator arm stucking while moving forward, and on return on low rpm its freefalling than waiting and than continue to move. while arm opening p1 pressure is low, than p2 pump trying to help it go to max pressure, and arm stucking, when i use with bucket i can move arm without stucking, any suggestions i think problem with "Arm conflux" maybe you can suggest where to start search?

  1347. #1347perryskorp2025-07-01 14:55

    Trying in Kobelco specific forum...Need to swap out K909 ignition switch and wiring, how to access side panel of control console? Does the seat pivot up and forward, or do I remove the seat? Thanks...

  1348. #1348Kyle Helmke2025-07-01 16:24

    have to pull the seat

  1349. #1349perryskorp2025-07-01 22:54

    sheesh thanks. My machine's remote right now, does the seat come completely off the floor or just the carriage?

  1350. #1350Kyle Helmke2025-07-02 23:45

    if you take the whole thing loose the pilot lines should have enough slack to slide the seat over

  1351. #1351IntarsS2025-07-06 13:09

    sk250nlc -6 LL08-03289, i cant fix my arm problem, on idle rpm when starting to open arm P2 pump 100K pressure, and when P1 pump turns on it go to 300K pressure and starting to stall, release arm joystick and continue open it,usually it continues normal 150K each pump, to avoid stalling just start opening arm with bucket open, even for short period open bucket, than arm opening is normal 150k each pump. On max rpm P1 dont help at all and if i remmember correct using bucket pressure go like 300K. so symptoms are different in different engine rpm. i removed and checked all valves for arm and conflux, everything looks normal, have any ideas? maybe need to take video for more info?

  1352. #1352Kyle Helmke2025-07-07 16:23

    Does your pumps have the negative control pressure sensor, sounds like a nega-conn issue

  1353. #1353LACHAU2025-07-08 00:48

    Are there any error codes appearing on the machine's display?

  1354. #1354IntarsS2025-07-08 03:09

    no

  1355. #1355LACHAU2025-07-08 11:58

    Try to check the pilot hose that controls the opening of the conflux valve carefully (install a pressure gauge at the PA1 port). The reason is that while the bypass valve P1 has changed, the pressure to open the conflux valve is not available.

  1356. #1356IntarsS2025-07-08 16:34

    thankyou, i found that solenoid un recircualtion half opened, i switched with bypass solenoid and problem solved, would be nice if you can tell me arm recirculation solenoid part number.

  1357. #1357LACHAU2025-07-08 23:26
  1358. #1358autorepair2025-07-09 09:29

    Hello everyone in the forum Do you have any documents related to the Kobelco SK50UR-1 excavator? If so, could you kindly share a copy with me? I would sincerely appreciate it.

  1359. #1359IntarsS2025-07-10 03:00

    you can try here https://truckmanualshub.com/kobelco...rams-service-repair-and-workshop-manuals-pdf/

  1360. #1360knares2025-08-11 23:57

    hi, Kobelco SK60, had it for over a year, always started straightaway, haven't started it for about three month, now no power anywhere, i have been looking for a master switch but cant find one. would like some ideas, thanks a wiring diagram would be handy

  1361. #1361Welder Dave2025-08-12 03:52

    Dead battery?

  1362. #1362knares2025-08-12 05:51

    25.4v

  1363. #1363Phil P2025-08-12 07:00

    Hi Ours has a disconnect switch mounted in the side of the battery box or in the side of the operators station the handle is on the out side of the box easy to reach from the ground. Ours is still in the shop getting the under carriage rebuilt. Phil P

  1364. #1364Welder Dave2025-08-12 17:05

    Could be corrosion on the battery terminals and wires, bad ground, chewed wires etc. Wouldn't think a small machine like that would be 24 volt.

  1365. #1365knares2025-08-13 22:47

    a guy in this group has a manual he will sell me for us$25 he wants me to pay him with, what looks to me like a gift voucher is this normal in the USA Makar Samarskiy From: [email protected] To:John Tue, 12 Aug at 6:26 pm Hi Price 25 USD I accept only XBOX live Gift card US store. (ONLY US STORE)

  1366. #1366Welder Dave2025-08-14 03:20

    It sounds odd. I'd want to see the manual first. It could be a scam and the guy figures someone being out $25 for the gift cards isn't worth going after him.

  1367. #1367HarleyHappy2025-08-14 08:30

    No, it’s not normal at all.

  1368. #1368knares2025-08-15 01:25

    thanks for replying guys the guy has said he will send it and i can pay him later

  1369. #1369Phil P2025-08-16 07:33

    Hi All of the Kobelco machine I have worked on are 24V. I agree the manual sounds like a scam I have operator and Parts manuals. Phil P

  1370. #1370knares2025-08-16 07:41

    the guy, true to his word, sent me the manual and it is what i wanted however, i just cant fathom how to pay him for it. this is what he has sent me Or you can pay by ******) пт, 15 авг. 2025 г. в 14:32, what do i do with this

  1371. #1371knares2025-08-16 07:45

    Phil P i believe, looking at the wiring diagram that the fusible link has blown have you any idea where this would be thanks

  1372. #1372Welder Dave2025-08-16 19:52

    Ask for his address and send him a money order. The crap he sent makes no sense, at least to me.

  1373. #1373knares2025-08-29 19:30

    hi, I asked him for a different way to pay but he is not in a western country and there is no way avalible. He did tell me not to worry about it. I really do like his help

  1374. #1374Buddy.lee2025-08-30 19:48

    Hi experts, I’ve recently purchased a 2003 Kobelco sk330. The only code showing is the P1 travel proportional valve D-11. when live diagnosing…Comp is 350 ma whereas the Meas shows around 9 ma. once I located the proportional valves…I switch the P1 and P2 plugs but the fault code stayed as P1. So I figured the wiring…chased the wiring to the ecu/mechatronics and spliced in before plugs with new wire. Continuity is good but unfortunately the same fault code remains. I would pull apart the proportional valve itself but it doesn’t make sense if fault code remain when switching the two P1 and P2 plugs? Lost with next steps…ecu/mechatronic Issue? Thanks in advance. serial YC07-U0953. Modified to a sk370 but tag started as a sk330.

  1375. #1375knares2025-09-01 02:31

    beyond me

  1376. #1376IntarsS2026-01-08 13:54

    hello, can you help me? i have bad coolant flow to cabin... any solutions? maybe need to bleed system? coolant pipes near engine is warm not hot at working temperature.

  1377. #1377Welder Dave2026-01-08 19:39

    No heat from the heater? Is the water pump and rad. cap in good condition? May need to do a cooling system flush and clean. Possibly the valve to regulate water temp. isn't working or is plugged up.

  1378. #1378Kyle Helmke2026-01-08 22:33

    1 what's the machine and what's the history on it? 2 has it had any over heating issues? 3 are the belts tight? 4 have you blown through the heater core to make sure it's not blocked? 5 is the engine able to maintain coolant temp or is it running cold

  1379. #1379IntarsS2026-01-09 07:53

    1 i changed radiator on it, it was bad when i bought it, worked on water few month. 2 no overheating, temperature is stable. 3 belts good 4 i disconnected pipe, and try to blow in it, was hard to do it, when i released it was slowly pouring out of the pipe, maybe need clean circuit to cabin, cap was open when disconnected. best way to clean circuit? which is intake for cabin uper or lower?

  1380. #1380HarleyHappy2026-01-09 09:11

    Hook the lines up to a pump and circulate vinegar through it, from a clean pail. Run it for a bit and let the vinegar sit in the lines. Then flush thoroughly with water.

  1381. #1381Kyle Helmke2026-01-09 20:05

    disconnect the heater core from under the cab. get a sump pump and a bucket of hot soapy water and hook it up to the heater core and let it run till it has good clear flow

  1382. #1382Buddy.lee2026-01-10 10:29

    Sometimes a valve off motor which regulates water flow to heater…be first place to make sure open. Then take both hoses off at heater itself to see. Inlet side to verify coolant getting to heater. If gets there reinstall hose and disconnect other outlet side of heater to verify flows…then if all good to that point…connect back up and remove the return hose back to the motor to see flows. my guess either have a shut off valving in circuit or heater itself is plugged up…good luck

  1383. #1383Buddy.lee2026-01-10 10:31

    if heater itself…either new or take to local radiator repair shop.

  1384. #1384IntarsS2026-05-27 02:49

    hello, how to put in place outer ring with springs? as i understand its placement is very importnt, i tried 3 times, 1 time no movement, 2 times its jerking a little....