Was testing machine after a change of hydraulic fluid. everything seemed fine then I lost all hydraulic functions. Engine is running fine. I just bought this machine used with 6000 hrs and I am new to the heavy equipment business. Please assist if you can.
A serial number would be the first item you need to supply. Are you aware of any alarms on the monitor panel? Did you bleed the air off the pump before starting the engine?
can be some thing in valve but i just had one lose pump at about same hrs, must be common.
that Suggs I hear these are 20K hr machines in the pump department. I hope so we have -8. Good luck op hope it’s a simpler solution
Thnx guys, was under the weather for a few days. no alarms on the monitor. Will try bleeding the pump tomorrow. Another quick question. Is the valve block on the -6 & -7 the same, except for the fitted orientation?
I don’t recall seeing any Komatsu pump get to 20,000 hours. 12,000 is pretty common.
Tenfo. Personally idk. But from some friends that have had a bunch of em and could be exaggerating lol. Costly part either way.
well they just cleaned it out twice couple of new valves new pump and went thru swing brakes and it slowed down again back to checking presser.chasing down electic silniol try ing to find problem
I would take a look at your valve block for your pilot pressure, the block is made out of allu. I had a a couple of maschines where the valve block had a hairline crack, when maschine is warm the pilot pressure leaks back to tank. To diagnose it check your pilot pressure in L-mode and in P-mode full gas, when operating maschine as normal you should have around 22-26 bars in both modes, if the pressure in L-mode drops to 15-20 bars then is this ventil defect.
There is a specific bleed sequence anytime you work on a Komatsu excavator 6 series, according to my manuals. I'm not sure about later series. Times that I did not follow sequence, I did encounter air in the pilot controls and strange noises until I got it sorted out properly. Check a 7 series manual to see if this is required. It could be that simple.
did replace valve then got dealer involed and replaced with new pump still pull straws.
Dammit man. Hope they find the issue. Sure they will just what’s it gonna cost. Hopefully they’ll work with you on what’s been changed and not needed
they do good and have been good to help, sometimes just takes a while to stumbler on the right place to make it work. eq is like we are one stroke away for death every turn of switch, someone made it somebody can fix it .
Anything can be fixed. It's only a matter of time and money.
you got that right past point of return work it out. why you aways keep old one to help pay for new one ha ha
well back to cleaning out and replacing win some lose some. like a wife what elese do you do with them keep thinking you will fix them.
Man That sucks. I certainly hope u get it fingered out. U certainly have a good attitude!!
well dont need a high price yard need a track hoe thats why i bought it to help the old one maybe some day.
did you ever find your problem, seems like we my have a good start still have a problem with idel down and aplying swing think they are vavle controled may still have to clean them out but at leasted not a yard flower. thanks two every one that helped and tec.
Did you figure the problem out