Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is a “CapSure” plug for?

heymccall ยท 2020-09-03 13:33

in the Advansys catalog, they show the 385-1662 Capsure plug next to the teeth? What is it for? Can a 90 Advansys tooth be installed on a J350 adapter? So many questions...

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2020-09-03 14:09

    Capsure plug fits in the hole so the square isn't full of **** when you come to remove the tooth. if you have J-Series adapters on a bucket Capsure/Advansys ought to fit straight on using a conversion kit which is a pin and a spacer to fill the hole left by the standard pin & lock (see 1st image below). The Advansys adapters don't have a hole there, they have two "knobs" on which the Capsure locks engage (see 2nd image) but AFAIK the profile of an Advansys Adapter, at least as regards where the tooth mounts, is the same as a J-Series. If you have K-Series adapters on your bucket AFAIK Capsure GET won't fit without changing adapters.

  2. #2Nige2020-09-03 14:17

    If you have J-Series Adapters I would guess the 1st question ought to be is the Adapter Kit still available for the size of tooth you want to install.

  3. #3heymccall2020-09-03 15:59

    Thanks Nige. Dealer rep just got back to me, same answer, and, they've never, ever stocked or sold one.

  4. #4Nige2020-09-03 16:08

    I've never seen them used TBH. Usually our GET never stays on long enough for the holes to get plugged before the teeth are worn and need replacement. I'd be interested to know if the adapter kits for mounting Capsure teeth on J-Series adapters are still sold. All I ever used was the bigger stuff on J700 & J800 adapters, but I heard it was also available for smaller-size adapters too.

  5. #5Cmark2020-09-03 17:45

    At the local dealer they've been having a sales push on the system with counter displays for the past few months. I'll be down there later on. I'll see if there's any literature.

  6. #6heymccall2020-09-03 18:21

    All I could find was for 60mm edges and up (324E & bigger).

  7. #7Queenslander2020-09-03 22:17

    They have been offering free adapters if you purchase two sets of the advansys teeth. Can add up to a substantial saving.

  8. #8Cmark2020-09-09 23:08

    The answer seems to be Yes

  9. #9heymccall2020-09-09 23:10

    It appears to be only for loaders. Could it be because advansys are non centerline tips?

  10. #10Cmark2020-09-10 03:29

    The top line of the chart is excavators. Adapters available in three different angles.