Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200-8

Froman · 2024-07-29 22:47

The engine will stall out only when the bucket curl or the boom is held in what should be relief. I can hold the swing or stick in relief either way and engine powers through. I’ve also tried stalling the travel control valve and have no issues with the engine stalling here either. I’ve looked through some hydraulic schematics and from what I can tell, my issues lies in the right pilot control valve where the bucket curl and boom is but I’m still not convinced. Any other ideas here? Thank you in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1Froman2024-07-30 12:06

    This is a komatsu PC200LC-8.

  2. #2Kobe Steel2024-07-30 22:36

    I'm stuck for ideas but try disconnecting the electrical plug to the 2 stage relief solenoid (A2) and testing again to see to see if the problem still occurs. The solenoid block is on the underside of the main valve bank I think. see attached Kind regards

  3. #3Froman2024-07-30 23:20

    I’ll try that and keep you posted. Thank you!

  4. #4LACHAU2024-07-30 23:59

    I suggest you go to the machine's display to check the hydraulic pressures while working and the machine fails.

  5. #5Froman2024-08-04 19:38

    Okay thank you! I haven’t made it back out to the machine yet but I will Let you know what I find.